January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I'll be glad to drive over and take care of whatever cake happens to be left.

So it is around 110 calories per mile of running (give or take based on weight/gender/etc)... which means you would only have to run a 50k to make up for what is currently left. So if you fly into PIT, that means you will not need a rental car. You can run to my house, back to the airport, then back to my house, eat the cake, then back to the airport and still have enough calories left for a 5 mile cool down jog.

I was just planning to run down to Pittsburgh from the Cleveland suburbs...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    So I baked a great cake tonight for dinner (we had company over). It is GF, and very chocolate. I used 100% cocoa so that it be really dark, and of course, added chocolate icing... very much yum. Everyone loved it and all said it was impossible to tell from a "normal cake" and all loved it.

So I looked at the calorie count for the recipe to enter into MFP, and ONE-SIXTEENTH of a cake (really? Who cuts a 9" round cake into 16 pieces?!?!) is 467 calories. Y'all, not saying I ate more than I should have, but I might need to run a marathon tomorrow to get back on track calorie wise...

Wow, that is a lot of calories for a small piece. Sounds like it was worth it though.
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    *Groan* the first isnt even over and i want cake by the ocean. Thanks @PastorVincent .

aivxoc1vxv5c.png

:smiley:

Seriously tempted to woo this post :-p

I love that someone "hug" it. I mean i know cake it is good, but hugging it is not the same as eating it:)

It wasn't me but maybe 'hugging' it is a better action than eating it, no matter how good it is! I don't really like cake much but it does look good. Especially with coffee and some ice cream :lol:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    I came over here to see if we can drum up a few more runners for the Run the Year teams and got distracted by @PastorVincent's cake! Ha...

We have 5 YTY teams but our last team is needing a couple of runners. You can check it out here on MFP - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710465/2019-run-the-year-group/p11 and at the YTY/YTE site - https://tracker.runtheedge.com/home/index

It is $25 minimum to register on YTY/YTE but there are more options if you like/want the bling. It looks to be really fun and the teams are already accumulating miles! Come join our fun! You know you want to!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @PastorVincent I'll be glad to drive over and take care of whatever cake happens to be left.

So it is around 110 calories per mile of running (give or take based on weight/gender/etc)... which means you would only have to run a 50k to make up for what is currently left. So if you fly into PIT, that means you will not need a rental car. You can run to my house, back to the airport, then back to my house, eat the cake, then back to the airport and still have enough calories left for a 5 mile cool down jog.

So that is like 100 miles... 11,000 calories... hmm... If you run here, fueling every hour (there is no way you are fat adapted and eating this cake lol), you could eat the whole cake and be about correct.
  • Tramboman

So that is like 100 miles... 11,000 calories... hmm... If you run here, fueling every hour (there is no way you are fat adapted and eating this cake lol), you could eat the whole cake and be about correct.

Great!!!!!
    I'll start soon.
    Darn it. Next on my training schedule is an easy day, not a long day...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

Great!!!!!
    I'll start soon.

Message me when you are on your way... should be enough time to get to the store, get ingredients, bake it, cool it, and ice it before you get here... :lol:
  • Tramboman

Great!!!!!
    I'll start soon.

Message me when you are on your way... should be enough time to get to the store, get ingredients, bake it, cool it, and ice it before you get here... :lol:

Will do!!
    I'm not much of a runner, but I can eat cake with the best of them.