January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Looking back at 2018 and @KeepRunningFatboy
    I've played around with some visualization apps, and haven't really come up with anything I'm crazy about. So I'll just present this... 9ylfbrpz13oz.png
    as a reminder of that thing we did to remember one of ours <3
    Anyone see themself in there?

3rd Row 2nd activity.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Looking back at 2018 and @KeepRunningFatboy
    I've played around with some visualization apps, and haven't really come up with anything I'm crazy about. Worldwide maps make us look like tiny dots, Flyby with all the runs put together could be zoomed in, but you had to automatically follow the track (not easy when it jumped between continents). I also only have maps for some of the runs, meaning that a number of people are left out however I visualize it. So I'll just present this... 9ylfbrpz13oz.png
    as a reminder of that thing we did to remember one of ours <3
    Anyone see themself in there?

I'm pretty sure I'm the 3rd one.

Mine is no 4.

Pretty sure I am on the bottom row far left...
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    and if an elder puts food in your plate and urges you to eat it, there is absolutely no way to weasel out of it.

Lol, this is my family 💯 that was my issue new years eve, especially my aunt..she is a serial pusher of food, especially around the holidays.
  • abowersgirl
    edited January 2019
    Options

I somehow managed to gain 9 lbs over the course of a week and that cake of yours gave me a realization. I had stopped logging, but kept eating my usual foods at home (though portion sizes surely were increased) and kept up my usual exercise routine (25-30 miles/day biking, PPL weight lifting 6 days/wk, mixed with a smidgeon of running). BUT then I thought about the new vegan restaurant we tried twice. There must've been some serious calorie bombs in that food. No online nutritional information available and now I probably know why. :D

I had the same problem. A vegan place around me, that I loved eating at (although I am not vegan or vegetarian, i just was looking for healthier optioned foods and trying somethig new) has recorded their food as being 800+ calories. Most vegan establishments will not post calories because they want people to focus on living healthier lifestyles and eating healthy foods (which i later realized it was about hiding the hidden calories, overkilling curtain high caloric items to have the meals taste better) and have it not be about calorie counting, but when you load a salad up with beans and oil...for the sake of calorie counting.. it can be a bomb to the system like any other establishment. Even just adding one too many avocados can be an overkill. Sodium tends to be another overkill in vegetarian items, especially if it contains soy bean.
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I'll be glad to drive over and take care of whatever cake happens to be left.

So it is around 110 calories per mile of running (give or take based on weight/gender/etc)... which means you would only have to run a 50k to make up for what is currently left. So if you fly into PIT, that means you will not need a rental car. You can run to my house, back to the airport, then back to my house, eat the cake, then back to the airport and still have enough calories left for a 5 mile cool down jog.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 loved that breakdown