January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Monthly quiz?

Are you left brain or right brain dominant? Or perhaps you are balanced?

I scored 42. My favorite even number and it also happens to be the answer to life, the universe and everything and my birthday and my dads birthday backwards, 24. Haha! So I’m balanced, although slightly more left.

How about you?

I scored 33. The last time I took a left/right brain test like this, I scored a perfectly balanced 50. Like most left-brained people, I found myself wanting to argue about the lame way the answers to questions were presented when the correct answer wasn't particularly close to any of the options given.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Monthly quiz?

I scored 42. My favorite even number and it also happens to be the answer to life, the universe and everything and my birthday and my dads birthday backwards, 24. Haha! So I’m balanced, although slightly more left.

How about you?

71. Definitely right brained.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    Monthly quiz?

How about you?

50 here. I can believe it lol
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Monthly quiz?

How about you?

I scored 33. The last time I took a left/right brain test like this, I scored a perfectly balanced 50. Like most left-brained people, I found myself wanting to argue about the lame way the answers to questions were presented when the correct answer wasn't particularly close to any of the options given.

Lol! Well. Least we learned something about you. I think I'm way more left brained than right. But this particular fun quiz didn't show that.

I had even asked dh for his view when i felt one way, but knew a different. Then i chose to argue with his perspective. I think i must be typical female, moody, always right, and fridged. Hmm. What if i am?

All just a little fun. And more benign than playing some version of "horrible bosses".
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Monthly quiz?

How about you?

I got 42 as well, which sounds about right to me! How I decide/choose/plan things depends on what the situation is.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    Monthly quiz?

How about you?

Exactly 50. Not sure I'm that well balanced honestly! 🤔
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I ran my first 5K on July 4, 2018 and went on to run another half-dozen races in 2018, from 5K up to two half marathons, and am planning on at least as many in 2019. I’m not a social runner - I’ve only run with another person once outside of races - but as others have said, racing provides a nice structure.

The fact that I can’t control the weather on race-day is actually a big selling point for me, since I do not currently have any way to run inside and don’t know that I could motivate myself to run inside even if I did. Running is an outdoor activity for me, for sure. If I have to workout inside there are a lot of things I’d much rather do.

@rheddmobile: I think we’re pretty sympatico on the “why race” answers. I have to suppress my competitive side, though, as I am simply in too competitive an age group (mid-30s) and too large a market (Minneapolis is one of the fittest cities in the country) to make placing anything more than a pipe dream - for now! Maybe next year I'll consistently make it to the top half of my AG!
    noblsheep wrote: »

Monthly group question number 1:

What motivates you to race? What are your payoffs?
    Or why do you not race?

I love races. It helps keep my training focused and goal oriented. It also keeps me from slacking.

And in case I'm not as prepared as I would like to be, it turns into a supported long run with cheering crowds and bling!

Hah, that perfectly describes my attitude going into both of my half marathons so far! Although only the first was because of not being prepared - I definitely think I could have run my second half harder than I did, but I didn’t really feel like pushing it for that long.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    150 posts and it is not even 2019 yet... :D
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I
    150 posts and it is not even 2019 yet... :D

I bet since we are all over achievers, we can hit 200 before it’s Jan one here in the states.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Scored 33 on the left vs right brained test. Yep. Think so.
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    scored a 42 on the left vs right brained test