Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 that tongue :smiley:
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

I suspect that UA and Nike are very similar, I just used to get better deals on UA stuff, but I no longer have access to those deals so need a new way to save some cash :)

Their web site has lots of errors on it, like this one:

x324ovc56yd3.png

And bigger with more details that clearly show the "t-shirt" is labeled "warm"
    was5l8izfu5j.png

:lol:
    I am NOT running outside in 59 Celius, with any pullover on that is for sure. :dizzy:

So that is making it hard to shop! :neutral:

UGH! I would say (unless they don't make their own stuff over there) they are better at making running gear than they are at making websites in 'merican. At the moment when I run, they only things not bought from Decathlon are my leggings (purely because I already owned long leggings that work to run in, my summer shorts did come from them!) and my shoes. And the only bit of me that gets cold is my fingers cause I haven't splashed out on gloves yet.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep @louubelle16 @girlinahat @eleanorhawkins @rheddmobile and anyone else I missed...

Thanks for the notes on Decathlon! I fully agree UA is overpriced, but its options are slim to compete with it around these parts. I am looking for a mid layer to go over my UA Cold Gear compression shirt for days like today when the thermometer registers 2F (-17C). I have a great top layer, my North Face Windwall (talk about pricey!!) but need a good midlayer.

Can you recommend something form their line? I really need it to wick. That is the problem with my current 1/4 zip that I used to use. It does not wick, so I get chaffing bad.

Thanks!

Having never run in anything colder than -3C courtesy of the UK climate, I wouldn’t know what to recommend on that front, sorry! However, I do know that everything I’ve bought from their running-specific range (note not their more general fitness/gym range which, as seems industry-standard these days, is more about fashion than practicality) is as good at wicking as any of my Nike tops. I have lots of Nike tops to compare, I live 4 miles from a Nike factory outlet, (my poor bank balance :sweat_smile:) but I couldn’t tell you how they compare to UA, as I only wear their sports bras.

I suspect that UA and Nike are very similar, I just used to get better deals on UA stuff, but I no longer have access to those deals so need a new way to save some cash :)

x324ovc56yd3.png

was5l8izfu5j.png

I am NOT running outside in 59 Celius, with any pullover on that is for sure. :dizzy:

Well, I love a good deal and have been wanting to pick up some more winter peripherals, so I took one for the team and will report back in 3-7 days. :)

Thanks!

I just hope you do not have to wait for it to be 59C to test it. :lol:
  • PastorVincent
    Options

x324ovc56yd3.png

was5l8izfu5j.png

UGH! I would say (unless they don't make their own stuff over there) they are better at making running gear than they are at making websites in 'merican. At the moment when I run, they only things not bought from Decathlon are my leggings (purely because I already owned long leggings that work to run in, my summer shorts did come from them!) and my shoes. And the only bit of me that gets cold is my fingers cause I haven't splashed out on gloves yet.

I sent them an email asking where they are based that they wear pullovers in 59C so that I know to stay far away. :D (Not really, but I did point out the error and asked for more information)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Well done @Scott6255 - you had a plan and executed it well despite some "road bumps" along the way!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    There were lots of great races this weekend!

Congrats to @RunsOnEspresso , @rheddmobile , @louubelle16, @mbaker566 and @scott6255! I enjoyed reading all of your race reports! I'm sure I missed someone in there so if you raced this weekend congrats to you too!

@shanaber I loved the video of Hobbes! He looks like he's having a great time. And @7lenny7 awesome ice beards! I always love to see Kody's ice beard photos. Or really just any photos of Kody.

@Avidkeo I weigh daily. I find that it is really helpful for recognizing patterns. There are certain foods that always cause water retention for me. Lots of women have water fluctuations relating to their cycles whether it is during menstruation or ovulation or both lol, and like others have mentioned DOMS usually comes with some water retention. If weighing daily messes with your head then it might be best to weight once a week, but I find weighing daily and using a trending app makes it easier to see what is really happening than just weighing once a week. If your one weigh in happens to be on a day with a high fluctuation it can make you feel really bad when you are really right on track.

@debrakgoogins My nose runs a lot when it is cold. I started carrying a handkerchief. I used to think that handkerchiefs were only for old men, but they are really awesome. They don't fall apart when they get wet like a paper tissue. I carry one on all of my runs. In the summer they are good for wiping sweat off my face and in the winter they are good for wiping my nose. I still have not perfected the art of the snot rocket, and honestly for me it is just the dripping that bothers me.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Congratulations! Awesome race report!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Medals from this weekend

Excellent bling!
  • Myfitself101
    Myfitself101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you Shanabar. The cramp has really ruined my challenge, as it came back pretty much immediately the next time I ran. I am now down a few days, as my calf is still stiff. I am thinking that perhaps it was a muscle pull rather than a cramp....
  • PastorVincent
    Options

x324ovc56yd3.png

was5l8izfu5j.png

I sent them an email asking where they are based that they wear pullovers in 59C so that I know to stay far away. :D (Not really, but I did point out the error and asked for more information)

LOL I sooooo would have really done that! Having worked as a newspaper editor for a while, I am a terrible nit-picker and often upset people but suggesting corrections to their websites. Stupidly though, my fingers are dyslexic so I'm also forever correcting my own typing, hence the endless edits of my own posts on here, d'oh.

This is what I actually sent:
    Body:
    Hi, I am trying to shop your store, and having trouble figuring out what will work due to what appears to be errors in your clothing description. For example, this pullover is listed as a "T-Shirt" and states it is good for running in "41C to 59C" degrees.

https://www.decathlon.com/collections/mens-running-long-sleeves-and-pullovers/products/mens-running-warm-light-long-sleeve

I am not sure where you are based that it reaches 59C but I highly doubt anyone would wear a pullover in those conditions unless it was packed with ice. Is there someone that can help me find the right products? A live chat, or email address since I can not trust your website? Thanks!

I was trying to be light and polite. Hopefully, it translates well to whoever answers their emails.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,968 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Scott6255 - Congratulations!! You did it! Whoohoo!!
    @RunsOnEspresso - I'm sorry your race didn't go as planned but you finished and hopefully learned some that will help you in the next race?
    @rheddmobile - that 5k trail race sounds crazy! Congratulations on your AG place!

@Elise4270 - Thanks for asking. The tumor was removed with clean margins but this type of cancer tends to come back and can pop up anywhere. We had him in last week actually to have some new areas checked and what they could test came back negative and the others are suspicious but too small to test so we are tracking them.
    @skippygirlsmom - they have a minimum amount of time to complete the course, 2 mins I think for his distance. It was not a problem I don't think for any of the dogs who mostly stayed on course. Hobbes had no issue :smiley:
    @quilteryoyo - Vizslas are very fast, usually listed in the top 3 or 4 dogs for speed. They can run somewhere around 40 mph and while greyhounds are much faster Vizslas typically have more endurance. We have another event in a couple of weeks where he will run a timed 100 yard dash and they get points based on their speed. I think it will be fun and interesting to see just how fast he will go.

No visible eclipse here tonight either, too many clouds.
    You'll have to let us know how fast he is. Should be a fun time. My dog is a mutt. She's fast, but not 40 mph fast.