• RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    DemSwells wrote: »
    MrLimuzin wrote: »
    kace_kay wrote: »
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Hmmm. Have a super hero shirt on. Super hero socks. And skinny jeans. Maybe I shouldn’t step out of the house in case people laugh at me

But then i dont have a mortgage cause my house is fully paid for, so i guess it doesnt pertain to me

Steps out*

How are those things related? Not being snarky, just feel like I missed a piece of the conversation

Read back on some of the posts here and ull see why

Im all for opinions. Everyone has them

But when ppl start setting their opinion as a fact or a standard, thats when the line is crossed

I’m pretty sure I’ve read the whole thread. I guess there just must be some things I don’t understand - that’s why I asked.

Theres a certain gentleman here who said super hero shirts belongs to kids. And if u have a mortgage and a 401k u should dress like a gentleman

I let that comment slide. Cause opinions

Then he furthers out by saying his bro gym buddies laughs in the corner at guys wearing super hero shirts

So. Yes. To relate back to his criteria on why men shouldnt wear super hero shirts, i guess it doesn't apply to me

I generally think that people who tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't wear have issues far beyond fashion. But then I have always been a contrarian.

I agree which is why i stayed out of this thread mostly. People can wear what they want as long as they like it

But dont be telling people they should or shouldnt wear certain things. Ur opinion is not above anyone elses

I feel like a lot of people are presenting their fashion dislikes in a rude way. Instead of just saying "I'm not fond of...", they're belittling the people who actually wear what they don't like, calling it disgusting, ugly, etc... Shows more about who they are as a person than the people they're needlessly criticizing.

100%

Which is why i finally had to say something

Maybe this thread was a bad idea. Imma request it to be erased.

It's a good thread, don't erase it. There's always going to be someone(s) who gets upset over skinny jeans...

The only time I get upset over skinny jeans is when I get too fat to wear mine.

Me right now
    muffin-top-jeans-cupcake-molds-0.jpg

+1
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Have a super hero shirt on. Super hero socks. And skinny jeans. Maybe I shouldn’t step out of the house in case people laugh at me

But then i dont have a mortgage cause my house is fully paid for, so i guess it doesnt pertain to me

Steps out*

Does it pertain to me? I own a Wonder Woman costume, have a mortgage and live in skinny jeans..or is this exlusively a male thang?

Hmmm! Im not sure. I didnt set the rules 😁

But ima say no cause women gets away with everything usually

Ha! You suit whatever you wear dude..keep killin' it :)

I would like to see said WW outfit.

Steps out*

Does it pertain to me? I own a Wonder Woman costume, have a mortgage and live in skinny jeans..or is this exlusively a male thang?

Hmmm! Im not sure. I didnt set the rules 😁

But ima say no cause women gets away with everything usually

Ha! You suit whatever you wear dude..keep killin' it :)

I would like to see said WW outfit.

+1

It's going to be my wedding dress so.......................................

Woman, I TOLD you that polygamy is still illegal in NY.

Backgammon though?

AND Acey Deucey!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It was all the nudity and cursing that did this one in.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand the thick pencilled in eyebrow trend. If you have naturally full brows...fabulous...go with that. But every time I see the huge drawn on or microbladed brows I think of Groucho Marx.

Also the over-the-top lash extensions.

And extreme contouring and highlighting makeup. It might look okay in an Instagram photo, but in person, it's usually ridiculous.

As for clothing trends, I don't mind a little distressing on a pair of jeans. A little hole at the knee or a frayed hem...but when the jeans look as though they got caught in some farm machinery and are shredded to the point where mere threads are holding them together, the distressing has gone too far.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Thread was already flagged for termination before the responses telling me not to :/

Now i feel bad

You're good, man. Even before recent events I got the feeling a thread like this might eventually start some fires.

giphy.gif
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I cannot stand the thick pencilled in eyebrow trend. If you have naturally full brows...fabulous...go with that. But every time I see the huge drawn on or microbladed brows I think of Groucho Marx.

Also the over-the-top lash extensions.

And extreme contouring and highlighting makeup. It might look okay in an Instagram photo, but in person, it's usually ridiculous.

As for clothing trends, I don't mind a little distressing on a pair of jeans. A little hole at the knee or a frayed hem...but when the jeans look as though they got caught in some farm machinery and are shredded to the point where mere threads are holding them together, the distressing has gone too far.

I was coming in here to say the eyebrow thing.
    And also, super overlined lips.
    YOU AIN'T FOOLING NOBODY.