JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 64

Options

Replies

• shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of changing my weight on the tracker every day to see how the progress looks "in real time". Now I do it every Friday. Any thoughts good or bad?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    Options
    shunggie wrote: »
    I have been thinking of changing my weight on the tracker every day to see how the progress looks "in real time". Now I do it every Friday. Any thoughts good or bad?

I decide to get me a new scale that will sync with MFP it should arrive today. I want to see my “real weight” throughout 2019. That being said, I NEED to remember sometimes the scale won’t be my friend.

For instance today I’m up a pound, even though yesterday was a successful day with my food choices and workouts. I’m thinking this will help stay focus on healthier eating habits especially on weekends, when my husband isn’t working.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,815 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Monklady123 I save my post as a note in my phone. Every morning I add to it then copy and paste to this thread. I actually have every daily post in my phone and at the end of the round, send each to my email so I can copy it into a Word doc. So, short answer, YES, you will create a new post daily.

GrandmaJackie tells how to post in her section labeled “NEWBIES”

Regarding the time of posts, my phone shows what time it was in my time zone (Pacific) but people post from all over the world so it may still be Monday where I am but Tuesday in Europe or Australia! :)
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how to edit my original post? I don't see anywhere to click to do that. Obviously there has to be a way since we need to update our progress but I don't seem to have an edit button.

We can only edit our posts for an hour after posting on MFP.

I just copy & paste my original post in to the comment box and edit my stats from there. Others save their posts in a document and edit that way.

So in order to update every day I'd have to just start a new post? every day? Which would mean that every person participating would have multiple posts? I mean, I see some people have already put in info for January 3rd and that's what I don't understand how to do since I can't edit my original post.

I know I'm dumb with this sort of stuff... I'm not used to a message board where you can't continue to edit your original posts.

I use a laptop and I copy my most recent post (I don't "quote" it ... I highlight & copy) and then I paste it in the comment box and add that day's weight and comment and hit "post reply". I don't keep it in a document on my laptop. I just do the old copy & paste. It works for me.

Yes, every day you have to make a new post.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,815 Member
    Options
    @shunggie and @GrandmaJackie I just enter my weight each morning on the progress tab (it’s on the bottom of the home screen on my phone) and then I can see my progress on a graph. I screenshot it monthly-you can change the time period covered by the graph.
    7jnp7f7uey32.png
  • Birder165
    Options
    SusanMcMc wrote: »
    Female, 46, 5’5”

OSW: 188
    CSW: 183
    RGW: 181.5
    UGW: 138

Day/Weight/Comment
    1/3 183 Thanks to advice in the book Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done I am cutting my goal in half to a pound and a half per round.. I just dropped 3 lbs in the past week though and am a little nervous that 1.5 may be difficult in the next 10 days but I’m willing to give it a shot.
    1/4
    1/5
    1/6
    1/7
    1/8
    1/9
    1/10
    1/11
    1/12

Thanks for mentioning the book, Give Yourself the Gift of Done. All the copies are out at the library but I just put it on hold. Sounds interesting from what I've read on Amazon.
  • Birder165
    Options
    @shunggie I enter my weight daily. It took some time for me to accept the ups and downs but I've come to look at it as "interesting". :smiley:

om8rtz9665fx.png