Saturday 6 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :):) at last!
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) Enjoyed my afternoon walk. I am lucky to live in a lovely village and be able to enjoy walking around it.

I need to make a start on today, I am feeling lazy but there's yesterday's dishes to do, shopping and housework to look forward to! :) even managed some gardening.

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @Faebert – WOW! Awesome Thursday success and a 10k on Friday! Hope you have a great weekend as well!

@littleblackskirt ~ <<hugs>> Hope you have a good day and baby comes home soon.

@dramacat21 ~ love the positive affirmative statements, instead of just a checklist! Yes. You will!!

@aubyshortcake~ Keep reminding yourself how far you have come. WE ALL have those mental “things” we have to overcome about our image or body or relationship with food. Is there something you can do for yourself (style your hair differently?) that will take your focus off body, yet make you feel good about you and remind you that you are NOT that o/w person any longer?? <<higs>> chin-up AND OUCH!! Got bit?

@HEGoddard0928~ Sounds like you have a great plan for Saturday! And I love that you want to reward yourself. Be sure to make that reward something you WANT so that when you struggle, you can say to yourself… I really want that pedicure!! I can do this!

Have you ever heard of Garbage in – Garbage out!? It goes for food into body and words that come out of your mouth that your ears hear; or in this case words written for your eyes to read. I attempt to write or say my statements in a positive way without saying no or not. The minute I say “I can’t have that. I want it!” Other examples, I will not say negative things to myself. Instead, I will only say kind and positive words to myself. I will not beat myself up when I don’t go to the gym. Instead, I will work towards a goal to make getting to the gym a habit and figure out what keeps me from getting there.

@snowflake1968~ I think that sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Learning to love ourselves is the hardest thing to do, and to feel like we deserve the good choices we’re making to get ourselves healthy. I love the book by Robert Schuller – Self Love. He talks about if you don’t love yourself, you can’t love the others in your life. It’s the same concept of being on the plane and putting on your own oxygen mask first, before helping others. And yes, maybe I should get my card stuff out too! Put my affirmations into something I have created and put my heart into. Glad you reminded me I have that stuff!

@Elbee1 & @Bex953172 & @PackerFaninGB - I’m a BB & YS too!!

@Elbee1- you sent something back do to sauce and asked to have it remade. WOW! That is being in control. And I agree about having yummy food. I am trying my best at every meal to use some sort of spice or herb to keep my food FUN! Hot sauce, parsley, garlic, cilantro, onions, pickled hard boiled eggs in my salads, etc. You’re doing great!

@lafayettenana ~ Happy Birthday! Sounds like a doable and sensible plan.

@paige122012 ~ like the get moving when craving junk. I have a similar plan tonight for when hubby wants to go to the store for a junk run. I will walk instead while he’s gone; then be sure I have my planned snack ready to eat that!! And then do my best to love him instead of hate him for getting junk!

@ZizzyBumble ~ Look at all those  AWESOME!! Hip hip hooray!

I’m doing a mid-day check-in since I have no time structure to my day like on a work day. Will recap my JFT- Sat. later.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - my daughter had this pinned and I thought of you.
    qdu820x2pqf5.jpeg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    *LAUGH* I love it - although if *I* was asked to join the Avengers, I don't know that I'd start training any harder. After all, they already think I'm good enough, right? ;D
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Saturday (4/06)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan or Plate meals/Snacks -
    Track
    10 Min am exercise +5m- hauling water jugs one at a time from car inside; plus other crap one piece at a time from the vehicle into house (=15m) and stretching outside while dog securing the perimeter. haha
    10 Min cleaning (& dancing) +10m (=20m)
    20 Min walk
    10 Min pm floor stretches

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (remind me to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    I found myself almost talking myself into binging last night. Then one of my affirmation photos popped into my mind, as well as the shirt I was wearing for the day. I reminded myself of WHY I am doing this. I want the shirt I wore yesterday to be baggy in the fall. It’s my favorite football shirt. It’s a short-sleeve. I can wear it as is. But come fall, I want to be able to put a sweatshirt under it. So thankful for positive self-talk. And the habits that are coming back.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    *LAUGH* I love it - although if *I* was asked to join the Avengers, I don't know that I'd start training any harder. After all, they already think I'm good enough, right? ;D

Truth!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »

April challenge. Say something positive:
    I found myself almost talking myself into binging last night. Then one of my affirmation photos popped into my mind, as well as the shirt I was wearing for the day. I reminded myself of WHY I am doing this. I want the shirt I wore yesterday to be baggy in the fall. It’s my favorite football shirt. It’s a short-sleeve. I can wear it as is. But come fall, I want to be able to put a sweatshirt under it. So thankful for positive self-talk. And the habits that are coming back.

Love this!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I am totally exhausted, so keeping this short. Worked in the yard almost ALL DAY, plus going to the gym this morning. And .. . ate very well all day, so a good day. Now, I am going to have my glass of wine, watch TV with hubby and call it a nite,

Positive thought for today: I ate well all day, enjoyed the beautiful sunshine (almost 70 degrees), enjoyed looking at flowers, and felt healthy and strong. Tonite, I am tired, but in a good way. So thankful for the health that I have, and never want to take that for granted.

Tomorrow, will be about the same
    1. pick up tree seedlings to plant
    2. finish raking... if its not raining
    3. do laundry
    4. eat mindful
    5. go for a walk .. if not raining
    6. positive thought
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 4/6/19

1. Log all my food(Good, bad or ugly! Guesstimate if I have to) 😁
    2. Clean kitchenette😥
    3. Do a few loads of laundry😁 Laundromat. Saw a friend.
    4. Go to the gym(even if it's just for a few minutes! Just do something!)😁Had an NSV. I ran an 8.40min mile! Granted I only ran 1.25 miles but just that fact that I ran that in one shot! I didn't stop to walk in the middle. I mean I walked another 1.25 miles back to my car but still!
    5. Write 1K words for CampNaNoWriMo 😥
    6. Figure out dinner 😁It was takeout but I got a salad.
    7. Make a list of smoothie ingredients I need to buy 😁I even went and bought them too
    8. Brush teeth 😁

Gonna keep this short. In a terrible terrible headspace tonight. I will do my April Challenge- I ran further then I ever have before today.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to bring anybody down, but this is to inform you that I will be MIA for a while.
    My brother passed. There were 8 of us total and I'm the youngest. 4 boys/4 girls, now it's 1 male, and
    3 females.
    Now listen up!! I EXPECT GOOD THINGS WHILE I AM COMFORTING MY FAMILY.
    DROP THOSE NUMBERS! EAT WELL! DRINK WELL! AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA STEPS FOR ME OKAY
    FAMILY?!
    I LOVE ALL OF YOU! NO WORRIES!!

I’m so sorry for your loss @maryrobinsln40. Wishing you love and strength and lots of big hugs x
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ok so last two days haven’t been great but today I’ve started off good.
    I walked 1hr to work and now I’m on a 12hr shift so I’m gonna be moving a lot and watching what I eat.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinsin40. Sending you hugs and my condolences.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @maryrobinson40
    I'm so sorry about your brother. May the memories you have bring you comfort.
    Sending virtual hugs.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday April 7

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    4/6/19 Sat
    Weight: 151.6 lbs. Yay!
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :) 4 or 5, maybe 6... didn't keep a good count.
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/7/19 Sun.
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Sitting in my garden post-workout listening to birds singing and feeling v content. Seem to still be in a v good place diet and exercise wise but I need to stay mindful now as school has broken up for two weeks for the Easter break and I struggle without routine! I’m going to keep to the April challenge though and think positively - I’m more in control now than I have been going into holidays in the past. I seem to have broken my pattern of binge/restrict and maintenance is feeling much easier - I’ve got this! On to goals...

Saturday goals recap:
    - drive bf to work for 7:45 ✅
    - Warrior class 8:15 ✅
    - Groceries ✅
    - Pick up kids from parents ✅
    - Cleaning ✅ just downstairs floor vacuum and mop to do
    - Laundry ✅
    - Rest! ❎ not really!

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - fold and put away laundry
    - finish cleaning
    - jog with kids to cafe for breakfast
    - pet food and health food shop
    - begin clothes clearout
    - rest

Have a peaceful and happy Sunday everyone x
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Good job @Elbee1!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Plan & log Sunday food.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Proofread class 1-2 plans. Lang8 post. Blog post 30 minutes. Laundry 15 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital. Scrape tile spot?
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to fold laundry with me. Scrub small bathroom.
    7. Maybe go for a walk together. Shut down computer before bed and plug in to install updates.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Monday - bring balsamic vinaigrette back; get to school early and clean out the fridge. Bring pushpins home to hang poster by the back door.)

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Plan & log Monday food.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Save class 1-2 plans as PDF and have ready to print. Lang8 post. Blog post 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital.
    6. Pack car for Monday. Movie? Maybe the cheese store!
    7. Park run: 5.25 miles, aim for <80 min. Try to chug along & avoid walking.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Thursday - Check library for book on order.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. No change on the scale. Went to Saturday classes at the Y for the first time in 3 weeks (we had guests the past two weekends) and BOY could I tell! Those classes always kick my butt, though.

Positive thought for today: I did get a few compliments on my Captain Marvel shirt yesterday! I'm thinking about wearing it back to school tomorrow since it's a teacher work day. It's ... snug ... so I worry that I might get some poor reactions if I wore it when we have students. Of course, maybe it's just not professional enough... *sigh* I dunno. I'm bad at judging these things. Maybe it's safer not to wear it to school at all. :( Sorry. Apparently I'm not very good at "positive" ;D