maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble
    Good morning from North Carolina 😁💕
    Hugs and You've Got This!! Make Today Doable/Moveable/Positive
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Am a little behind on posting but loving all the positivity and good to see some new joiners - welcome!

So the house party on Thursday was a big success. Didn’t overeat and was under for the day! I managed to get everyone out by 1am which is a big improvement on the 4am finish of the Xmas party but then it was a school night after all! By the time I finished clearing it was about 2am. But I still woke up early so I got in a 10k run Friday morning before work. Can’t believe I managed this but glad I did because I ended up driving into work with lots of leftovers for everyone to have for lunch so needed to get in the steps from the missed walking commute.

Went to bf after work last night and enjoyed a well-deserved big homemade (by me!) dinner of burger, fries and onion rings. Slightly over Cals for the day but more than evened up by exercise cals from the rest of the week that I banked. Just done a great exercise class so time for goals catch-up...

Thursday goals:
    - finish spinach pies ✅
    - Warrior class at 6:30am ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave early (remember buffet contributions, speakers, boxes for ice) ✅
    - stop at shop for ice, fruit, soda water ✅
    - party set-up ✅
    - party! Stay mindful but enjoy ✅ quick added as it was too busy to log but I definitely didn’t overdo it and felt good going to bed (although v v tired!!)

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅
    - Take leftovers into work ✅
    - Home lunchtime for shake and change of clothes ✅
    - Leave by 5 ✅
    - Drive to bf ✅
    - Bed by 10 ✅ think it was 9:30!!

Saturday goals
    - drive bf to work for 7:45 ✅
    - Warrior class 8:15 ✅
    - Groceries ✅
    - Pick up kids from parents
    - Cleaning
    - Laundry
    - Rest!

Happy weekend all! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble
    Good morning from North Carolina 😁💕
    Hugs and You've Got This!! Make Today Doable/Moveable/Positive

Thank you Mary, I am up and moving now!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 5th April

Eat sensibly Yes
    Do back stretches Yes
    Visit parents with their shopping Yes
    Do the shopping! Yes
    Fix broken curtain rail Yes
    Visit opticians (for the third time), hopefully glasses will be right this time :)Yes

I don't know what my goals for today will be, I think just to eat sensibly and no takeaway food.
    The baby has been in hospital, and we are waiting to hear if he will come home today, I think he will. So I already have the dogs with me, and have been asked to babysit for a while so mum can have a rest. His Dad has to go back to work so can't watch him.

So I will just go with the flow and not plan anything.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails. Call mac store again. Call E again.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:00. BodyPump. Library - drop book off.
    4. Finish 1-2 unit plans; add details for observation. Review Shakespeare unit plans for 4. Create poetry test. Blog post (queue). Coloring 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital. Scrape tile spot.
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to pay taxes, fold laundry, go grocery shopping.
    7. Park run - aim for 2 miles < 25 minutes. Maybe go for a walk together.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Plan & log Sunday food.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Proofread class 1-2 plans. Lang8 post. Blog post 30 minutes. Laundry 15 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital. Scrape tile spot?
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to fold laundry with me. Scrub small bathroom.
    7. Maybe go for a walk together. Shut down computer before bed and plug in to install updates.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Friday - Drop book off at library.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. And weight's up again. Big upswing since yesterday, which is a little odd, since I didn't do much in the way of exercising (walking is all) and I didn't have a whole lot of salty or fatty foods. Fortunately, since yesterday was pretty low, it's not a "scary" number ;)

Positive thought for today: My Captain Marvel stretch tee came in the mail yesterday! So I'm wearing it to the gym for my strength class. I'm a little nervous, because that means I'm essentially wearing a bodysuit, hahaha! I usually wear a long, loose-fitting T-shirt. We'll see how it goes.

Great to see some new names here! Welcome! Aim high, check in regularly, and be kind to yourselves. <3
  • dramacat21
    dramacat21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today I will menu plan for the week, including healthy mid-day snacks for work.
    Today I will stick to my food diary plan and hit goals.
    Today I will walk no less than 1/2 mile in walking shoes for the purpose of exercising.
    Just for today.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm so glad it's Saturday, work has completely kicked my *kitten* this week.

Welcome to all the new people, you'll love it here!!

@Bex953172 I really hope Saskia gets well soon 🌸💮

@Faebert you are killing it, great job!

I'm struggling with my mentality a little this morning. I've been in a deficit all week and I know I can retain a lot of water around TOM which has just started, but I still got a little cranky to see I was up a couple pounds and am noticeably fluffier. I have less than 10 lbs to lose and a small frame so it all shows a decent amount (currently look like I did at the start 2 months ago).

I know I'm being silly but it's hard for me to stop negative thoughts. I've struggled with self image most of my life and I used to be quite a bit heavier before I understood the whole calorie thing, so I guess I get discouraged when I feel like I've moved backwards even though I KNOW it's not real fat gain. 🙄

Anyway.. Positive thought for today: I'm so appreciative of my husband, he's been working really hard to trade tools and make side money to buy new (used) rims and tires for my car that I've always wanted, he is so thoughtful and I love him so much.

Yesterday 4/5:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😊 under 20 over, I call that a win lol
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work by 6:00😤
    5. Keep stress to a minimum😞I couldn't even start one of the major projects I have to do at work, there was just not enough time in the day and I already stayed until almost 7

JFT 4/6:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps 😁 already did it this morning! Almost got myself bit by a strange dog tho LOL
    4. Do workout
    5. Wash a load of laundry
    6. Put away clean laundry
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 – Yeah for your Thursday and Friday morning post of not beating yourself up, but positive talk about meeting some goals and being more aware of your choices. Sounds like you’re going through a rough path. Keep your head up and do your best. I think that’s why I like this group…. JUST FOR TODAY!!

Thanks! My goals are a checklist for me to stay on track. Nothing lofty, just 10-15min tasks so I know I can be successful.

And wrt my control issues, part of the problem with him & I is with food. I also want to control what he eats & drinks; but he likes to do the cooking and most of the grocery shopping. So he wants to help me. But then when I ask him to make something for me, he wants to put his spin on it! It’s tough. I’m trying to let him “feed me” his love w/o keeping me fat! Hahaha

@cschmitz110515 – Love your checklist, too! Even with little reminders of what to take & do. And yes..leftovers!! Hubby hates them! I think that is how I started to gain my weight when we were first married, I felt like I had to eat and eat because he kept making a new meal every night. I couldn’t throw it out. Well, duh! That’s what the freezer is for…lol. So after 14 years, I know better and make extra meals out of the food and he cooks a little less.

And so glad I pre-log, plan my meals/snacks, and plate my dinner. I came home tired from work and old habits almost kicked in to eat whatever!! So glad I had my large dinner salad ready to go and the sweet potato fries counted; I just had to preheat the oven, warm my tea, relax; then eat. It was so much easier! And a lifesaver.

@trishtrish84- Welcome!! Yes, JFT. Is so helpful. It doesn’t seem to be overwhelming. I too have been heavy all my life, from elementary on up. We had to eat cheap growing up so that meant fatty- high carb foods. Mom & I did WW and other things together; so I learned more about nutrition and was active in sports; but that all never made a true lifestyle change. I have lost a lot a weight 3x, almost reach goal once,; but gained it all back.. and then some. So here I am at 51 doing it and trying to figure out how to make it work FOR ME! Not fit into some perfect little keyhole of a door. But something that I can truly do for me, that is habit. Not a struggle. I know it’s going to take daily affirmations and a daily commitment. But I am worth it! And you are too!

@Bex953172 – I like little rewards! I have planned for my April goals two weekly rewards for keeping good habits, one daily reward for sticking to my nightly good habits, and one monthly reward when I’ve completed another habit daily. And it does help!

My reward will be: a weekly self mani or pedi, a weekly soak in the tub (even though I’m going to feel slightly uncomfortable at this size- my muscles need it; and I will want to see the progress;), and my monthly reward is going to the store and finding a card that I would pick out for one of you or for a friend that is encouraging and loving; then I am going to give it to my mom to mail in the future. I might right a little note to me. But then it will be a surprise and fun to get something good in the mail and a reminder to be good to myself.

Okay… now I have to set time for me. Sorry I didn’t get to more. XO Maybe later today, as I don’t know what hubby & I are doing today. He mentioned going to the resale stores—we’ll see. It’s hard for me to plan weekends as there is no structure of the day. But tomorrow is weigh-in… so SMART CHOICES!!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Saturday (4/06)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan or Plate meals/Snacks -
    Track
    10 Min am exercise
    10 Min cleaning (& dancing- if not floors)
    20 Min walk
    10 Min pm floor stretches

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (remind me to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    I found myself almost talking myself into binging last night. Then one of my affirmation photos popped into my mind, as well as the shirt I was wearing for the day. I reminded myself of WHY I am doing this. I want the shirt I wore yesterday to be baggy in the fall. It’s my favorite football shirt. It’s a short-sleeve. I can wear it as is. But come fall, I want to be able to put a sweatshirt under it. So thankful for positive self-talk. And the habits that are coming back into play. Phew!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT- 4/5/19

1. Log all my food! >:)
    2. Write 1K words for CampNaNoWriMo :)
    3. Clean kitchenette >:)
    4. Gather laundry :)
    5. Food shopping :)
    6. Go to the gym >:)
    7. Call Dr. C again :)
    8. Bank :)
    9. Do some small meal prepping >:)
    10. Research laptops :/Kinda. I think I know the one I want but I haven't read reviews or anything
    11. Look for a new hairstyle :)Probably just going to get what I usually do

Yesterday was a TOTAL bust but I did better on my goals then I thought. I just fell into a depression yesterday afternoon after I got home and settled from 3 hours of running around. Matt's health is not doing well and it got me really down. We talked about it as we lay in bed last night and I am definitely feeling better. I just felt so beat down and emotionally wrung out. And because of that I binged. Like half a bag of trail mix and a half giant bag of popcorn. I have no idea how to log that because I didnt pay any mind to the portions. I just goobled it all straight out of the bag.

I think it was @johicks who said that she gives herself rewards for completing new habits and things. I think I am going to take a leaf out of your book and try that.

I am also going to limit myself to just a few tasks today. I think I've been overloading myself the first few days I've been back.

April Challenge- I wrote almost double my daily goal for my writing project. That made me very happy.

JFT, 4/6/19

1. Log all my food(Good, bad or ugly! Guesstimate if I have to)
    2. Clean kitchenette
    3. Do a few loads of laundry
    4. Go to the gym(even if it's just for a few minutes! Just do something!)
    5. Write 1K words for CampNaNoWriMo
    6. Figure out dinner
    7. Make a list of smoothie ingredients I need to buy
    8. Brush teeth

Teeth will be my new habit for April and logging my food for 2 weeks will give me a reward, I just have to figure out what the reward is. Massage maybe? Or maybe my first mani-pedi. Not sure. Lol

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday April 5 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 😒 couldn’t with pain, hopefully in a day or two
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Positive thought - I am feeling so much better about my resume. I feel like I may actually get some calls from it.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 👿

JFT - Saturday April 6 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Today I need to finish the invitations for the bachelorette party. Once they are done, I want to really clean and may reorganize my craft room some. I don’t know if the Grands are coming today or not. That will help determine what I do.

The money was deposited over night from the assistance we were told we would get, so I need to pay the payments that is to cover and maybe go get some groceries.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Trishtrish84 - “growing up no one taught me about proper nutrition”. This sounds familiar to me, I think they tried with what they knew or were taught. I don’t know if the information was as readily available to them and it is for us. There are certainly a lot of bad habits to break for me.

Cory17 - I should have went and got chips last night when I was craving them so much, I probably would have consumed less calories.

Faebert - wow! I couldn’t survive having a part end at 1 and getting up to go to work and getting a run in! Enjoy your weekend!

Littleblackskirt- I hope the baby is ok and it’s nothing serious.

Clicketykeys - I bet you’ll look awesome at the gym in your Captain Marvel T.

Aubyshortcake - hope you feel better about yourself soon. That’s awesome what your hubby is doing for you.

Johicks - what a wonderful idea to send yourself encouraging and thoughtful cards! I used to send little cards to my friends because I enjoyed making them and needed something to do with them. I should start that again. Too bad we weren’t close I could make them for you.

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My Theme for 2019 is TENACITY

[*] Walk with my best little buddy, Maddie

[*] Unplug by 7:00, make popcorn on the stove and watch Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon with my Husband.
    Positive Thought for Thursday: Today when I put on my burgundy work slacks, they actually fit better! I do not feel or look like a stuffed sausage today! My first NSV... Pretty pumped about that! :mrgreen:

Haha i watch Big Bang and YS too!

@Bex953172 and @PackerFanInGB Hubby & I also watch Big Bang & young Sheldon.

@PackerFanInGB I love that! -- "walk with my best buddy, Maddox".
    Congrats on your first NSV!!!Thats a great one!!!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    cory17 wrote: »
    Consistency
    Exercise :)
    Have got to stop eating the chips at work!! NO MORE! Bring more roughage or put water at hand. :) after declaration
    AT least Hour of board review :)
    Walk my happy tater :)
    Go through a drawer, a bin, a shelf :):) Emptied 2 shoebox bins from closet
    Prep for tomorrow
    :) kindof

JFT Thurs Consistency
    Exercise :)
    No chips at work ;) 1
    Board review
    Walk
    Go thru drawer, bin, shelf
    Prep

Positive thought: Blessings abound in my life.

Great job decluttering!!!!!
    Love that -- " walk my happy tater"
  • Elbee1
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT (Thurs)
    I will...
    - Be in the green❌ over by 400 whoops!

JFT
    I WILL NOT...
    - Binge eat🙂
    - Mindlessly eat🙂
    - Give up if i mess up!🙂

I love that you kept your "will nots". To me those are so hard. Those 3 things are exactly what I've been doing for the last several years until the 1st week of this past March. It's what caused me get so heavy & now, unhealthy. Please continue with these as I can tell you the results are NOT pretty.

(Btw, 400 over is not that bad).

Hugs
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Update: I have not broken anything, according to A&E.

However apart from that, they couldn't tell me anything. Could be just muscular pain, or could be tendon/ligament.

So.... I have to 'see how it goes' and if it doesn't get better, go to my GP.

Thankfully I already have an appointment booked on the 24th to get the Pill so if need be I can bring it up then....

Kind of annoying not to know what it is, I hoped that even if they couldn't do anything they could tell me what was wrong with it.

But, could be worse.... From what they said a broken shoulder would be VERY painful so good to have escaped that!

Thanks to all for the supportive comments :smiley: xx
  • Elbee1
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Thurs

8. april challenge - 0ne positive thought :) Today was a rainy dreary day, but a beautiful day spent with hubby. I am so very thankful ... 46 years together, and in 9 days we will be celebrating 42 years of marriage. God has truly blessed me in many ways. Sometimes it is so easy to look at the negatives in our life.

Beautiful! And, congrats on 42 years!!
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My sister is in town and our daughter is hosting a birthday dinner for me today at her house in Oakland. It will be great to see my niece and brother-in-law. Was only -100 calories yesterday. Still in the negative. Did not snack after dinner.
    JFT 4/6/19
    Get to the gym early for upper body work out (my knee is still super sore, and looks like I'll have my full knee replacement on 4/29)
    Enjoy a salad for lunch with my family after they finish with golf.
    Moderate dinner in anticipation of a celebratory dessert.
    Be satisfied with breaking even on calories today and tomorrow (my birthday).
    Track everything I eat.

• Elbee1
    edited April 2019
    Options

4/5/19 Fri
    Weight: 153 lbs.
    4 glasses of water :) Had 4-5
    Stay in green :smile: lunch was a challenge. Went with friend & Dil to La Madeleines. I had planned my meal last night. But mix up & they put some kind of sauce all over it. Had to have them remake it. So tempting to eat something else instead. Don't even like egg white omelettes, but knew it would be edible with red bell peppers, onions & tomatoes. Actually was okay. Then, I admit to wanting to go thru fast food & eat everything in sight on the way from work. Especially ice cream. I think it was because it seemed that I hadn't had anything yummy today. After a stressful day & wanted to satisfy my taste buds. 👍 Positive thought: It was hard but I did it! I can make it thru my days without having whatever I want! 👍
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

Jft 4/6/19 Sat
    Weight
    Water
    Stay in green
    Work in exercise
    Bed by midnight

Extra stuff:
    Pay parents bills
    Create document for contractor to sign
    Make meal plans