JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    w6128h9ximm9.jpg
    My Before and After... Pink Dress is my now weight. Subtle Change. Still trying to get
    that first 25 gone.

Mary you look GORGEOUS 😍😍
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I have to be super fast because I'm running late this morning. Good news though, our offer was accepted! Now I'm freaking out about choosing which lender to use. One can pay the down payment for us but has a higher interest rate, another has a great interest rate but we have to pay the down payment which leaves us with not much left, but it's about $200 a month cheaper. I'll also be looking into a third option today.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and thank you so much for your support!

Yesterday 5/30:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞 no but only 60 over this time
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Get prescription refilled😞

JFT 5/31:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Get prescription refilled
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    w6128h9ximm9.jpg
    My Before and After... Pink Dress is my now weight. Subtle Change. Still trying to get
    that first 25 gone.

Mary! Love it! Love you! Looking awesome!!! Great job! :)
  • purwonder
    purwonder Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Jesus thank you for this day good or bad, I am grateful to be alive to participate in today’s events. So many people have lost their lives and if given just one day to return to this earth, they would no longer let problems, obstacles, fear, anxiety, guilt, pain, or aggression hinder their progress in doing what they know is right according to God’s will. Help all of us bring glory to your holy name.

JFT:
    Stick with my plan
    Eat more protein-less carbs
    15 minutes of cardio
    Make today a great day
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 I see that change! Gorgeous

@aubyshortcake - exciting re the house.

I’m late checking in today. Still have swollen knees - one v bad - so enforced rest. Trying to use the time productively. But have to say I’m really missing my exercise calories! 😜

Thursday goals recap:
    - rest day! ✅
    - Help P with homework ✅
    - P to play date 9:30 ✅
    - Cafe and card shop with L ✅ slow walk there, bus back!
    - Pick up P at 1/1:30 ✅
    - Park to meet new baby at 3 ✅ managed to walk both ways and the weather was nice
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎

Friday goals:
    - rest day (again! Sigh...) ✅
    - Pick up parcel at Post Office ✅
    - Drop P to play date ✅
    - Clearout kids’ clothes and tidy wardrobes/chest of drawers ✅
    - Clearout my clothes and storage
    - Quality time with L (she’s chosen cookie baking - temptation central)
    - Pick up P at 3:30
    - Take clothes to recycle centre if time allows
    - Tanning?
    - Bed by 10

Have a happy Friday everyone x
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been away for a while, the wheels fell off my truck as it were and I gave up on my healthy lifestyle in favour of crazy overwork. So , deep breath, slow down, recover!, regroup!
    Friday goals:
    15 min elliptical
    Stick with plan
    Paperwork ( done!)
    Some me time doing my painting

Happy Friday to all x! Wishing you well!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Ongoing Goals
    Laundry in basement
    Hearty annuals for planters under deck
    Pick up sticks under wisteria arbor
    Cut plywood for tabletop
    Tablecloths for ceremony table/grill/snack table
    Snack/drink table decor mock up
    Apply for marriage license Weds 6/5/19
    Finalize ceremony
    Photography timeline
    Nail appointment
    Mulch front yard
    Trap rock under front porch
    Pressure wash back deck
    Paint back deck
    Paint handrails on front deck
    Pressure wash garage doors
    Weed gardens
    Ortho outside

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food :) went back at did it, prelogging today!
    2. DRINK SOME FRIGGIN WATER :| Oh my lanta wtf.
    3. Eat lunch at 11:30 :)
    4. Pick up rental car at noon :)
    5. Mums for dinner :)
    6. Stay positive :)

JFT Friday
    1. Prelog food
    2. Drink WATER NOW
    3. REMAIN POSITIVE
    4. Drop off Menu to Meme
    5. Facial at 11
    6. Dont let the existential dread set in.
    7. Print photography timeline
    8. QT with DH

Well well well...my seasons have changed from that of comfort and joy to turmoil and stress. Problems at job #1 again, closing the doors appears to be imminent. Fortunately, job #2 will take me back full time - and for the I am sooooo grateful. But the family business closing is stressful on, well, the whole family. I'm really sad about it. I had been budgeting for the wedding with my two jobs income - so need to do some serious regrouping with only 3 weeks left? Yikes! Final payment is due to MUA and food budget. Was planning on taking a 401k loan for the land purchase and that can't happen now either, will probably just have to withdraw and take the penalty hit. Now I'm just rambling and thinking out loud. Car issue was actually the transmission itself - the service manager reached out to nissan warranty for me and said he thinks it should be covered. I'm hoping for good news on that - a rebuilt transmission is FAR more than I can afford right now. DH and I got into it last night - no surprise when nerves are at an all time high...things are better this morning but WOOF. Thanks for being my respite JFT pals!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Midway thru my revisions of 110 summary pages (nothing major, all the info is there, just not "the way" my *kitten*. Manager wants it this time). You're right @Snowflake1968 she is petty... she doesn't have a good background in our field (I have 34 yrs at other companies) & wants me to know even with my degree, experience & certifications (which she doesn't have) she's in charge of me. At least I love the work I do, the benefits are great and the commute is 8-9 minutes. So I calculated the years & months until I retire ~ only 3 yrs 4 mos. ~ if only hubby could get good health ins. for us both, I'd retire sooner, since I'm older than he is. I'm not reading all the posts until later. Hang in there, everyone, today is TGIF!!!

Recap 5/30 R
    1) Walked dog 3.48 mi 1:03:01 & heard turkeys, saw ducks flying = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 16,264 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 50 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & no snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Felt a little hungry late evening, thought hard about what I should vs. wanted to eat & settled for a skyr. Not so bad overall: net cals -42, sodium -255, sugar green 4 (yay), fiber & protein good, 12c water
    4) To-do's: call pharmacy :smile: / take laundry off line & put everything upstairs :smile: / don't forget socks & undies in dryer :smile: / declutter 15 min. :smile: / other? nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: logged food after / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify 5:40 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work F) :smiley:

JFT 5/31 TGIF!!!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.48 mi 1:03:01 & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Complete the effing revisions, reprint & sign-off, submit to *kitten*. Manager
    4) Evening: wash towels (start as soon as get home) / boil eggs for snacks / prep bags/cash/egg cartons for farmers market / declutter 15 min. / wash dishes / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 6:45 alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 (farmers market before the strollers, wagons & chatters :D )
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I have to be super fast because I'm running late this morning. Good news though, our offer was accepted! Now I'm freaking out about choosing which lender to use. One can pay the down payment for us but has a higher interest rate, another has a great interest rate but we have to pay the down payment which leaves us with not much left, but it's about $200 a month cheaper. I'll also be looking into a third option today.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and thank you so much for your support!

Speaking from someone who has had major setbacks after purchasing our first home and losing it. I would opt for the one that saves $$ monthly. It would be nice and fun to have that money in your pocket right now for decorating and such, but long term the money saved monthly would be the bigger benefit.

Just my opinion, congratulations!!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @mytime6630 - it’s the end of the month again! Are we up for a June challenge?

If so, I have a suggestion. I know many on here already do this, but I need to get stricter on logging everything - the good and the bad. I know when I fall off the wagon I definitely stop tracking, and maybe committing to a whole month would help. So maybe we say other than the odd pre-planned day off for a special event, we all commit to log the good, bad and ugly every day for June?

X

I like it! I can't start until Monday though.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Well well well...my seasons have changed from that of comfort and joy to turmoil and stress. Problems at job #1 again, closing the doors appears to be imminent. Fortunately, job #2 will take me back full time - and for the I am sooooo grateful. But the family business closing is stressful on, well, the whole family. I'm really sad about it. I had been budgeting for the wedding with my two jobs income - so need to do some serious regrouping with only 3 weeks left? Yikes! Final payment is due to MUA and food budget. Was planning on taking a 401k loan for the land purchase and that can't happen now either, will probably just have to withdraw and take the penalty hit. Now I'm just rambling and thinking out loud. Car issue was actually the transmission itself - the service manager reached out to nissan warranty for me and said he thinks it should be covered. I'm hoping for good news on that - a rebuilt transmission is FAR more than I can afford right now. DH and I got into it last night - no surprise when nerves are at an all time high...things are better this morning but WOOF. Thanks for being my respite JFT pals!

I'm so sorry, that all of these issues are happening right now. Hopefully things resolve quickly and don't steal all of your joy for the wedding.
    As for DH and fighting, Rodg and I fought terribly leading up to the wedding. I'm not sure why, I assume nerves and stress and ours was very small with 12 guests.

Hugs to you.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday

- Work by 8:00 :) 7:30
    - Breakfast that is not junk food :) Protein bar
    - Not tell anyone off at the PPE Matrix meeting :) It really wasn't bad
    - Work on gathering information from the estate
    - Lunch <300 cal or maybe 500 cal
    - Stay at work until at least 4:00, that's been tough lately
    - Dinner with family at 6:00. 10 of use getting together. If I can limit my bread consumption to 1 I should be good on calories.
    - Chill at home maybe throw in a load of laundry or figure out what to do with all of the stuff from my dad's place. Some of it I couldn't part with, but don't know what I'll do with it.

Positive thought for the day: After talking to a different talk doc, I feel much more at peace with some of my decisions that affected my step-dad and I.

Have a great day y'all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I stated last night that I wasn't posting goals today and I find myself feeling very out of sync not doing it. I am forcing myself to do this and to post them again Monday. It is things like this that used to make me stop completely. "Well I missed a couple of days, so I've failed". "I might as well just give up". This is a good test.

One bridesmaid just came and picked up two bags of things to take out to the party, I have to shower and pack now, plus make some dip to take. Lauryn is on her way with coffee and I might enjoy that before doing anything.

It is another hazy with smoke day, but not as bad as yesterday so hopefully that wind change continues. The poor people North of us are going to be suffering terribly.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS IDEA FOR THE JUNE CHALLENGE!!!! Thank you for the suggestion!!!

So maybe we say other than the odd pre-planned day off for a special event, we all commit to log the good, bad and ugly every day for June

As a recap of all the challenges so far:
    January challenge: 8+ cups of water a day
    February challenge: get outside for a minimum of 15 minutes ... walking, anything, but enjoying the fresh air
    March challenge: ??? HELP???? Can anyone remember????
    April challenge: Do 5 "somethings" each time you use the restroom, or sitting to watch tv. Like 5 situps, 5 burpees, etc.
    May challenge: Write down 1 positive thought each day

June challenge: Commit to logging food everyday for june ... the good and the bad. No matter what!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I stated last night that I wasn't posting goals today and I find myself feeling very out of sync not doing it. I am forcing myself to do this and to post them again Monday. It is things like this that used to make me stop completely. "Well I missed a couple of days, so I've failed". "I might as well just give up". This is a good test.

One bridesmaid just came and picked up two bags of things to take out to the party, I have to shower and pack now, plus make some dip to take. Lauryn is on her way with coffee and I might enjoy that before doing anything.

It is another hazy with smoke day, but not as bad as yesterday so hopefully that wind change continues. The poor people North of us are going to be suffering terribly.

Is this the weekend of the wedding? The picture you posted looked so scarry! Praying that the weather is nice for you, and hope you totally enjoy the weekend. It is OK to "take a break"... that is not failing. You deserve to just enjoy every minute of this weekend!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My personal challenge for the month of June is to get back to getting on here everyday! I tend to get so busy, and then it gets late and I just don't take the time. So this is my own personal challenge, in addition to logging everyday!
    I have done awful all week ... started with the 6 cookies, then bratwurst, ice cream, etc. So even with weight watchers ... so easy to just skip the meeting because I didn't want to get weighed. But that is when it all starts to get out of control again.

So that will be my own personal challenge. You guys are like family ... and we all have known each other for so long. I miss the reading ... so I have lots to catch up on. But it would take me all day to catch up ... so I'm just hoping to get on everyday so I don't get so far behind.

But, I agree with @maryrobinson .... LOVE this JFT group!!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    w6128h9ximm9.jpg
    that first 25 gone.

Mary ---- you look beautiful!! What do you mean "subtle change"!!! I can tell such a difference ... the pink dress looks great on you!! What an inspiraton!! I love seeing these before and after picts!!
    And we all love you on here ... you are the best "motivator", spirit-lifter upper, cheerleader!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    z7m0iyxy80br.jpg
    yz9g5hjvcfs2.jpg
    d8yiqdp4fka3.jpg
    mfoxirx3kksl.jpg

Bex -- love the pictures!! Sounded like this is what you needed! Thanks for sharing!