JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    One busy weekend and I'm behind 103 posts...

JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00 :) 7:45
    - Don't skip breakfast :| protein bar, but left my fruit on the counter at home
    - Drink at least 1L of H2O before having soda
    - LOG EVERYTHING I EAT!
    - Be productive at work - I have a lot to do...
    - Set up hair appt for youngest for her semi-formal
    - Order another set of curtains from Wayfair. I was one set short.
    - Order flowers for V's last night of the show. Black roses for the "black fairy" my mischievous misfit, and pink Gerber daisies because they are her favorite.
    - Lunch under 400 cal
    - Work until at least 4:00, but leave by 5:30
    - Parent meeting for crew at 6:00
    - Cook dinner, time permitting
    - Stay within calorie goal.
    - Lay out clothes for an early gym date. I think I need a workout partner for accountability.
    - To bed by 10:30.

Not sure cooking dinner will happen. I'll leave work at 5:00 or 5:30, go to the crew meeting at 6:00. Tim has a trustees meeting at church at 6:00. Sierra gets home form practice at 7:00. I need to take Vanessa has tennis at 8:00. Sometime in there I need to help V with her math. She needs work with Spanish also but that is beyond my capabilities. After looking at it even if I were to cook, nobody will be eating at the same time. My youngest gets hungry early and will want something by 5:30. I think I'll need to leave work at 5:00 pick up Subway for her. Drop it off and make it to the parent meeting. Sierra & Tim can pick up food on the way home. I'll probably just have cereal for dinner. That isn't ideal, but is likely how things will play out. To be honest its a little overwhelming, but by writing it out at least I have a plan of attack.

Y'all have a great Monday! Chin -up! You are stronger than you know and have more abilities than you realize. Be a rock star today!
  • nfelkel
    nfelkel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Goals for today: honestly fill out MFP. 20 min of exercise. Drink enough water.
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't too bad. My sister turned 21 and we went to grab a drink. I had to look up calories for each margarita and took longer than everyone else which is always embarrassing for me! But I tracked it, the day was done and I over ate cake and ice cream... but I tracked it! and somehow stayed 100 cals under goal.

Today is a new day!
    Today I will
    Track the good and the bad
    Not stress eat after my 2 month old gets her shots
    Focus on my steps
    Get 110 oz of water in

I will not
    Belittle myself
    Doubt myself
    Forget to drink water
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Oops forgot my positive thoughts; retro active to Saturday

- Saturday: My kids are active, doing things they love and still enjoy talking to me about their life good and bad. For teenage girls I think this is a huge win. I love watching them grow into strong, confident caring young women who not only know right from wrong they practice it. My youngest daughter had some friends who were doing things they shouldn't during theater practice, things that are dangerous to their health. She didn't know what to do, but felt the kid's parents should know. She was very torn between keeping her friend's secrets and doing what was best for her friends. We talked and I took care of it in a way that would not/ should not point her out as the one who told. She has a great big heart and hurting those she loves is crushing.

- Sunday: Though lately my faith has been wavering, seeing the missionary speak with such love, passion and hope brought back a piece of my peace.

- Monday: I have a really good job that affords me freedoms, abilities & luxuries many don't have, especially in this area. Often hard to remember on a Monday.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, a brand new week!

Yesterday was a complete write off for me foodwise, I had healthy meals, but FAR too much snacking. There is so much "rubbish" food in the house now that son has moved home. I know I don't have to eat it, but it's much easier to when it's there in front of me. Need more willpower! He is tall and slim and could actually do to put on a few pounds.

So a new start this Monday
    JFT 8th April

Start logging again
    Stay in the green
    Shop...again! the food just disappears now lol
    Try to fit in visit to parents
    Print off some forms for surgery
    Attend the doctors appointment I made such efforts to get
    Don't stress all day about said appointment

I gave myself a proper talking to before I got up this morning. I'm not trying hard enough and have only lost 4lbs since I started at the end of January. I've come to the conclusion that there are 2 people in my head.
    The one who thinks about losing weight, counts calories, pictures myself slimmer in the summer, keeps all the clothes which are too small because I'll definitely be wearing them again soon...
    And then there's the other one, who just wants to eat "normally" and not even think about calories. (I don't mean huge plates of food, just able to have a dessert, or some roast potatoes, or butter on toast...). Who just wants to live without thinking about food every day. Just think of the space in my bedroom if I gave up dieting and got rid of the too-small clothes!

Unfortunately it's the second one who's been coming out on top too often recently. I'm not ready to give up yet, so the snacking has to stop! It's all about changing habits for life, isn't it?

I understand! Those same two people fight in my head too! Fortunately the other day I wore a shirt that was just a tad tight. And told my hubby that in the fall, I want it to be baggy. And later that night, I heard my own words. Those good words!! So let the one that wants to be successful, talk outloud a little more. Seriously, talk out load those good positive words! Get those words out of your head and HEAR them. Feed your brain, as well as your body. Say good positive statements.
    I CAN have one desser this weekend, after limiting my snaking this week.
    I CAN have a "snack" on Weds.. premeasured and waiting for me, if i do these three things:

Pull out one summer outfit that you want to wear! And keep that as a focus. Finding the balance in life is hard and it's not fair! But after this last year of gaining. I'm willing to say to myself... so what! This is my body & my life! I get to choose how I want to live it and how to feed it. And I choose my health and well-being over one moment of satisfaction. You can too. <<hugs>>
  • johicks
    Options
    Monday 8 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

It grey and damp out, I have no enthusiasm for a pre-work walk and have now left it too late. I will have to fit my walking in this evening.

Hope you get your evening walk in!! I need to movitvate myself today, too. It's foggy, damp, cool, and my knees are achy. But, I hope to not give in. I'm going to wear my thicker slacks to warm my knees. Hopefully that will help. Have a great Monday!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    I'm not trying to bring anybody down, but this is to inform you that I will be MIA for a while.
    My brother passed. There were 8 of us total and I'm the youngest. 4 boys/4 girls, now it's 1 male, and
    3 females.
    Now listen up!! I EXPECT GOOD THINGS WHILE I AM COMFORTING MY FAMILY.
    DROP THOSE NUMBERS! EAT WELL! DRINK WELL! AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA STEPS FOR ME OKAY
    FAMILY?!
    I LOVE ALL OF YOU! NO WORRIES!!

I've been away for the weekend. I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family to be at peace and to let memories of the good times bring love and laughter rather than sadness. Much love and many prayers.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday April 7 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂 2.25L
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 I walked a little over 6k yesterday
    Plank Challenge - 😒 ribs still not up to it.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😏 I tried but my ribs hurt worse
    Positive thought - my positive thought yesterday was when I was talking to a friend I told her that I am feeling more positive that the right job is out there I just need to find it and be patient. This was a tough one because I’ve been so discouraged about not finding work, I think that’s why I’ve been missing my goals.
    Write in Journal. -🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Monday April 8Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

This cold is kicking my butt, it’s not working well with my sore ribs at all. Yesterday despite everything I decided I needed to get stuff done! So I did my election training online that needed to be completed, I started working in the wording on ten invites but the MOH wasn’t answering me so I went for a walk. I ended up calling my best friend who I haven’t talked to for a while and we talked and I walked. My pace was up by a few seconds but I walked further than I ever have!
    When I got home I finished the wording on the invitations, have then all printed. I just need to finish them. Then made supper, took a bath and then felt incredibly crappy so curled up on the bed under the electric blanket to watch the ACM awards. I managed to stay awake for it.

Today I am going to finish the invitations, deliver them, go visit Jasmyne and have a coffee with her. I also am dropping my resume off at a place that I think I would like working for.

Have a great day everyone!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Hegoddard0928 - sorry to hear Matt isn’t well. I know how worrisome it can be when Rodger just isn’t feeling well from a bug, I can’t imagine how bad it is when it’s an ongoing issue. Hopefully the doctors have some answers for you. I’m glad you were able to talk to your Mom, the careers need to have a good support system in place.

MarilynTC - I was thinking about a second snack last night when I saw your post, I went and brushed my teeth instead. Thanks!!!!

Littleblackskirt- you and I are so similar in our thoughts right now. I don’t want to think about it anymore either, but I know that won’t get me to where I want to be. We can do this, we owe it to not only ourselves but to those who love us so we are healthier and here longer for them.

Clicketykeys- hopefully your observation happens soon, at least that way it’s not hanging over your head. Have a good first day back.

Faebert - what a way to save the day! Good for you.

Asclepsia - I am trying to do 1200 calories and find at that I’m struggling to lose sometimes. I think though that I need to start weighing and measuring my food more consistently and that will help me.

Nlmackey98- it sounds like you should be able to count all of your running around as exercise. Too bad it didn’t work that way!

Paige122012 - good for you for going out and still staying within goal.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Monday
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. no social eating at work
    5. cardio/weight workout
    6. try to get to sleep early--got almost 8 hours a couple of times this weekend and boy, did that feel good!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Busy weekend, recapping for my own accountability.

Recap F 4/5 ~ Decided to change planned workouts based on updated weather forecast for next few days, and rainy pattern we're in.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,010 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 42 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Just so hungry by supper time! Net calories -309 :# , sodium -807 :s , sugar green 4 :smiley: , fiber & protein good, 12c water
    3) If rains ends, walk dog after work / otherwise today is rest day = Sun broke through clouds briefly & walked dog after work 3.95 mi 1:08:48 ~ happy dog B) & happy me B)
    4) Evening to-do's? = nope too tired :/
    5) Unplug 10:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / no alarm but bed & tv off 11:00 :smiley:

Recap Sat. 4/6 ~ Rainy / rest day = Fitbit 7,319 steps, 250+ 9/14 (surprised this many) & 12 floors :neutral:
    1) Washed dishes & some tidying while hubby slept :smile:
    2) Plans: furniture shop to replace old coffee/end tables before Easter dinner w/ my family at our house :smiley: found nice set right away but had to pick up at warehouse across town / assembled new set in 1 hour w/o bickering :smiley: / check out nature center for potential 5K race ~ too much driving (like my races to be more local) & concerns about parking so will skip :neutral: but nice ride with hubby & dog
    3) We decided to eat at Denny's for lunch before furniture shopping ~ had loaded veggie omelette / stopped at DQ on way back from nature center & hubby got me a large sundae when I asked for small ~ fortunately dog was happy to help out / leftovers for supper / veggie crisps snack attack in evening >:) = Net calories -685 :s , sodium -1.746 >:) , sugar -23, fiber & protein excellent, 12c water

Recap Sun. 4/7 ~ my parents 63rd wedding anniversary <3 remembered to send message (didn't know how busy they were)
    1) Bible class & church :smiley:
    2) X-trained [weights & circuit] :smiley: another rainy day, nice to have workout options at home / Fitbit 7,187 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 25 floors :smile:
    3) Made root veggie stew for supper / net calories -113 :neutral: , sodium -165 :smile: , sugar green 14 :smiley: , fiber & protein good, 12c water
    4) Decluttered some :smiley:

JFT M 4/8
    1) Walked dog before work 3.53 mi 1:02:39 & stretched after = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / remember to take water bottle after work / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) After work: Leave 10 min. early / hair appt. / gas in car / pick up dog food (sale) / declutter 15 min. / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work T)

Today's Positive Thought: There's snow in the forecast later this week, so enjoy sun shining now!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my MFP weigh-in logging day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 61, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 145 - 150 [Need to be realistic! Revised from 140 - 145]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
    03/02 = 159.5
    03/09 = 157.5
    03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
    03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
    03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
    04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I plan on trying more meat-free meals. After a weekend hosting a vegan-gluten-free brother-in-law I saw how satisfying it can be. For lunch I'll have a lentil, tomato and avocado salad rather than a half of a BLT sandwich! My challenges with weight loss and weight maintenance is that I'm hungry. More focus on low glucose response foods would probably pay off for me.

JFT 4/8/19
    Get back into the Green by 250 calories
    Put on my calendar the garden seminars given by my local community garden
    Water Aerobics class at 11:00
    Continue with no wine or snacks after dinner
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Thank you for all the support you gave me yesterday! I have some good news! Matt was able to keep all the food he ate last night in his body! He seems to have digested it well. He still feels somewhat weak and pretty tired but I'll take that over how he had been feeling the last couple of days. So things may be on the upswing. But I have to call the doctor and see if I can get him in to be seen Tuesday or Wednesday. So we'll see!

I had a really good evening yesterday! I have a really good friend that I met last year who has just been amazing. I met her through Twitter. She lives across the country. I met her thorugh the writing community. Well yesterday she invited me into a group chat with a bunch of her writing friends. I found out that another really awesome woman lives about an hour and a half away! I am really excited to be in this group. I have some new friend to "hang out" with. Lol.

Okay! Onto goals!

JFT 4-8-19

1. Log all my food(guesstimate dinner)
    2. Have a good time with D
    3. Get some writing done tonight(I've been slacking)
    4. Call the doctor!
    5. Go to the gym for a while!
    6. Upload that document for benefits!!!
    7. Figure out dinner for Matt.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @nimackey98 you certainly have a very busy evening, good luck with your family plans

@Faebert well done for getting back on track this morning and for such a terrific run. I hope the rest of the day went well.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 8 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) MFP says I've logged every day for the past 365 days. That equates to a year of paying attention to my diet and making healthy choices more often than not. It also means less alcohol in order to stay in the green whilst meeting basic dietary needs! I met my weight loss goal last August and now I'm learning to maintain.

It grey and damp out, I have no enthusiasm for a pre-work walk and have now left it too late. I will have to fit my walking in this evening. @johicks, I went for an evening walk- the weather was marginally better. It looks as if I will be dodging the rain if I want to walk tomorrow.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I missed the last 3 days on here and I'm about 150 posts behind! Holy crow! I'll be busy reading and catching up tonight, it looks like!

I'm so mad at myself for not coming on here and logging my meals. I went the whole month of March without missing a day, and then I miss 3 days in a row. UGH. I can tell the difference in my food choices and attitude when I don't log. I am sure I stayed in my calorie goals all 3 of those days, but the choices I made were NOT good (as in healthy...they were good as far as being delicious though). I really just was living in the present moment and bumming with my husband and doing stuff around the house and by the time I sat down in the evening when I could have posted, I was so tired my eyes didn't want to adjust to a laptop. I have to not allow myself to get that lax again. I gained 1 lb. I'm sure it will fall off, but I'm still mad at myself for getting complacent and going backward.

Lots of stuff going on around the house and with my family the last few days. Some good, some not. Work is busy. Stepdad having health issues. I will find out more about that tomorrow after they get his pathology report. Maddie is a little spaz now that it's getting nice outside. She sits in front of me and makes these funny throaty growling noises like she is "talking" to me if I don't grab the leash after dinner and take her for a walk. I think it's adorable...DH rolls his eyes. She broke her chain on Saturday evening and took off. I was so afraid she was going to get it hung up somewhere and I wouldn't be able to find her! I went for a walk calling her name, and just when I turned around to go back to the house, here she came trotting up the street right to me. Little shyster... So, that was another point in my favor for putting up a fence. I've got DH talked into it now. I just need to get the building permit, get our lot surveyed for property lines, call Digger's Hotline and find someone to do the work! LOL! No big deal, right?

Boy, I'm chatty today. Sorry about that. It seems I've missed you all! :mrgreen:

Just for Monday
    Journal EVERY bite, good and bad
    Make mindful choices and only eat them while sitting down
    HYDRATE
    Activity: Aim to get my pace up to <20 min per mile. I can't seem to walk a mile in under 21 minutes. Maybe tonight?
    Work on taxes
    Begin March budget/ bills / balance checkbook
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    Go through my Task List at work. Complete my Top 3 before I leave
    Bed at 9:00 unplugged / Daily Inspirational Reading / Calm App / Read until lights out
    Get up with alarm tomorrow...NO SNOOZING!

Monday's Positive Thought: I found myself driving to work thinking how much I wish I were retired, and then I realized what a beautiful day it was, how lucky I am to have a great job, a healthy family, a nice little house and yard, health insurance, food in the cupboards and so much more. It reminded me of that saying "if I woke up tomorrow with only the things I thanked God for today, what would I have?" Time for me to be grateful for what I have instead of focusing on what I do not... I am truly blessed.

Wow, I did write a novel today, didn't I? :flowerforyou:

2019's Theme: Tenacity

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow, Sunday, will be about the same
    1. pick up tree seedlings to plant :) Hubby went with me ... a wonderful day to be out and about! We stopped at my favorite nursery, then lunch.
    2. finish raking... if its not raining :) Another super busy day in the yard ... flower seeds planted (wish me luck on those!!. Usually I buy plants, but to save $$, trying to just put seeds in the ground).
    3. do laundry :/ No... but did this today :)
    4. eat mindful :) Well... I did have a margarita, but it was worth it after all my yard work!
    5. go for a walk .. if not raining :/ Way too tired!
    6. positive thought : The weekend was a beautiful weekend to be out and about. I can tell hubby is in a somewhat depressed mood ... and he seems bored if he is not working, yet, he is burned out with working. So I convinced him to go with me when I picked up the tree seedlings. He was so glad he did. It is like pulling teeth anymore to get him out of the house ... but I intend to keep working on him. We went for a nice lunch, and while I worked in the yard, he got some sun and helped clean up the patio

Since it is SO late in the day, I am just going to post my tuesday goals. I feel myself getting off track ... so I have to be better at this.
    1. LOG all my food. Even the walnuts that I grab ... measure them out!
    2. since no gym ... go for a walk
    3. help hubby
    4. clean house
    5. mindful eating
    6. jan challenge =8+ water. Bring my water bottle with me everywhere I go.
    7. feb challenge - only 1 nite time snack
    8. mar challenge - 15 min outside
    9. april challege - list one positive thing
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Monday Weigh In

"DISCIPLINE"[/i]. Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.[/i][/b]

Weekly Weigh - in
    5'11" tall
    67 yrs old
    Goal weight: 170

Year 2017
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

[/spoiler]

Year 2018

January 1: 195.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    November 5: 200.1
    December 3: 200.0
    Dec 15: 207

Every year from Halloween until New Years I seem to gain weight. It is a combination of seasonal depression/ missing loved ones (having lost 4 of my siblings who I was very close to), and just missing the big family get togethers. Upset with myself, but I feel uncontrollable in this ... this is one of my main goals to learn this new year.

Year 2019

January 1, 2019: 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    Feb 8: 206.6 --- my own fault.
    Feb 25: 204.2
    March 4: 205 - joined WW for 3 months to kick start my weight loss.
    March 11: 201.4
    March 25: 198.6
    April 1: 196.8 - Missed my goal by almost 7 pounds, but at least going in the right direction finally!
    April 8: 195.6

Non-scale related goals 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... not something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!! -- DO not gain weight at the end of the year!

Weight goals 2019:
    Feb: 200 -- Almost made this goal!
    March: 195
    April: 190 -- 1st Mini Goal in time for our 43rd wedding anniversary!!
    May: 185
    June: 180 -- 2nd mini goal
    July: 175-- 4th of July party at our sons
    August: 170 -- GOAL REACHED!!!!
  • johicks
    Options
    JFT ~Monday (4/08)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    8:00am 20 Min cleaning & dancing; Only 10 minutes of cleaning. NO dancing... cable guy was here early! DRATS!
    8:30am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    9:30am Breakfast -eggs
    10am Shower
    10:45am Leave
    Park.
    Walk 20 min- 10m knees sore
    12:30am Shake
    3:00 Salad
    5:30pm dinner
    ?20 Min walk or Glider, if hubby makes run
    10 Min pm floor stretches
    went to bed early instead.

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face Came home and sauteed zucchini to go with what hubby was making.
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.
    Read book, Computer, no TV in bed.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner - if I go to sleep shortly... NO snack!!
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside; only 10m
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    Finding ways to stay on track & count the positives, regardless of how the schedule gets messed up. I am going to continue to do my best and be kind, even if it's not a perfect day... I'm still getting in check marks. My foucs is priarily on tracking food and make those good choices; and exercise today was a bonus!! Making small habit changes, like finding spots to park that are further away.