JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Blessed Morning!
    Just dropped in to update you my loves... I miss you. I'm Ok. Not in top form because
    I have allergies to all this pollen. I am taking things to help alleviate the symptoms.
    I'm still mindful of my eating and haven't starved, nor binged. I'm still in "Goal Getting"
    mode.
    I hope everyone is hard at it and attacking those goals and winning.
    Keep the energy up! Get proper rest when you can! Promise me you'll not beat
    yourselves up when something doesn't go quite right. Get up! And Go At It!
    One Day, One moment at a time!!! LADIES WE'VE GOT THIS!!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @johicks;

@asclepsia~ Good for you for getting in a 20+ walk/day. Are you in an area that you have some uphills you can walk? I’ve read that walking uphill a little increases the intensity. I try to walk uphill 1 or 2x/week. It hurts my knees, so can’t do it every day (YET!)

Yes, my walk area has hills, and I vary the route throughout the week, so I can choose a good hilly spot. Thanks for the advice.

Have fun!!
  • johicks
    Options

@GarysGirl18~ Yes! This is a great group. Welcome.
    @aubyshortcake~ Stay positive. Some days it’s really harder than others. You’re doing great.
    @paige122012~ Bad day or not. You tracked and consumed only{/i] 500 over. When I have a bad day; I tend to not track]/i] and have no idea how bad I did. So tracking it all is a good step. It helps keep it real. And right attitude, you’re posting and not completely off. Yes you can!! To resist the b-day cake get in your mind to have a fruit snack. OR buy a protein bar that would be a treat. They made so many flavors now. I think they make a bday cake flavor- pure protein. I need to check into that- I have a wedding to go to this weekend. AND… get out a piece of clothing that motivates you to resist the junk. <<hugs>>

@maryrobinson40~ Love your attitude. Keep your chin up. HUGS HUGS HUGS
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Today I pick up my pre surgery package from my doctor for my Full Knee replacement the end of April. I am so eager to get into a recovery mode so I can resume my normal and active lifestyle (tennis, hiking, gardening, basically anything outdoors). My fitness goal is to get in some exercise every day to stay as fit as possible so my recovery will be faster. Yesterday Aqua Fit, today Functional Body and Active Lifestyle class at 1:00. It sounds and IS an old persons class but it is SO good and is a great total body workout.
    Yesterday I met my goal of staying in the green by 250 calories.

JST 4/9/19
    This morning pre-track everything meals/snacks to be -250 calories
    Go to the gym
    Spend time outdoors sweeping leaves or re potting succulents
    Set mouse traps in my kitchen before I go to bed.
    No snacking or wine after dinner! This is the key to losing the weight I've put on the past 6 months.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Monday
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. walk on at least one work break :)
    4. no social eating at work :)
    5. cardio/weight workout :(
    6. try to get to sleep early--got almost 8 hours a couple of times this weekend and boy, did that feel good! :) 6h21m, which is actually pretty good for me as I usually only sleep about 5 hours...still, need to keep working on the sleep!

Weigh in
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. no social eating at work
    5. do an hour of gardening after work
    6. try to get to sleep early
  • johicks
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @johicks;

@asclepsia~ Good for you for getting in a 20+ walk/day. Are you in an area that you have some uphills you can walk? I’ve read that walking uphill a little increases the intensity. I try to walk uphill 1 or 2x/week. It hurts my knees, so can’t do it every day (YET!)

Yes, my walk area has hills, and I vary the route throughout the week, so I can choose a good hilly spot. Thanks for the advice.

Do you use the MFP blog? I can't copy the ink, but here is the title to one article: 4-Week Intro to HIIT Walking Plan.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday April 8Determined
    2L of water. - 🙂
    Calories in green 😒 but only 214 in red
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 😒
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 somethings at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 😏

JFT - Tuesday April 9 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I have been up since 630 this morning, and it’s taken me almost 2 hours to update. When I got up Rodg was watching the History Channel. Today is the anniversary of Vimy Ridge which was a defining battle for Canadians during World War 1. Normally I don’t pay any attention to these shows but this one is a rerun of a special that ran 2 years ago on the 100th anniversary. It is all about a certain grave in France that has 44 unknown Canadian soldiers buried in it. The grave hasn’t been located yet, the show isn’t over so I don’t know if they have found it. It has intrigued me because there are grandchildren, nieces, nephews that have raised funds and travelled to France to try to find their family members. Very moving show.

Yesterday I went and spent the afternoon with Jasmyne, I have missed her. We sat for most of the afternoon on her front porch sitting in the sun. Just a wonderful afternoon.

There is a town nearby that has a flight of stairs that are supposed to be a good workout. I’m thinking I’m going to try to do these stairs a couple times a week this summer and take note of my time doing them to see how I improve. I may see if a friend that lives in that town wants to join me.

Positive thought for the day- the sun is shining, it feels like Spring and I am feeling positive that I will be finding a job soon.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    CSchmitz110515 - 63 years! How sweet is that?

HEGoddard0928 - glad Matt had a better day Sunday. Hope it continues. How nice to meet other writers.

Zizzybumble - happy MFP anniversary! It took a lot of dedication to reach your goal and stay on maintenance. I reached my 1 year in February and am still far away from my goal.

PackerfaninGB - I’m happy to hear you are getting your fence, that will ease your mind. Hope all your family issues resolve. Love your positive thought, it’s so true that we should remember to be grateful for what we have.

Mytime6630 - why is it men become so reclusive when they get older. I can’t get my husband out of the house either. I miss being out with him and I think he enjoys himself when he does go, but like you it’s pulling teeth.

Johicks - the cable guy may have enjoyed seeing you dance! 🙅‍♀️

Asclepsia - I am relatively short only 5’5”. I have it to lose a lb a week and that’s what MFP suggested. I do find it quite difficult. I was doing much better with it when I was working though, I think because I’m home I’m eating more.

Bookmeister86 - I hope you can set those boundaries and then stick to them.

Littleblackskirt - I hope that the pills don’t interact with your stomach once you get used to them and they relieve some of your pain.

Clicketykeys- I hope you find a group of teachers. Finding people going through the same thing helps a lot l believe. I for one believe you are an amazing teacher. You sure put your heart into it and I think that is key.

Maryrobinson40- you are beautiful!

Layfayetteanna - a lady on another group I participate in just had knee replacement surgery. She followed all instructions and exercises and in just 6 weeks was fully healed. Oh mice! I feel your pain. We live in a trailer and every fall have an issue. I have found a spray that we can spray on the outside and it has helped for sure.
  • HannahJWorden
    HannahJWorden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goals for the day are to:
    Track my calories and stay under 1200
    Run 1.5 miles
    Do CrossFit
    Drink more water
    I also need to buy a new scale. Today it gave me two completely different readings within five minutes of each other :/
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Recap M 4/8
    1) Walked dog before work 3.53 mi 1:02:39 & stretched after = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,319 steps, 250+ 13/14 (hair appt.) & 43 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / remember to take water bottle after work / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories -39 :smiley: , sodium -156 :smiley: , sugar green :smiley: , fiber & protein decent, 15c water
    4) After work: Leave 10 min. early :smile: / hair appt. :p hate how she always finishes me w/ helmet hair, but like how I'm able to wash/dry/go / gas in car :smile: / pick up dog food (sale) :smile: / declutter 15 min. :neutral: digital but nothing else / other? nope :#
    5) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :# stayed up to watch end of NCAA bb championship game, which of course went into OT ~ so happy Virginia won ~ I used to attend games when their coach played college bb here at UW-GB, when his dad was the coach (walk dog before work T)

JFT T 4/9
    1) Walked dog before work ~ colder & wore more layers but decent weather before winter storm starts later tomorrow ~ 3.51 mi 1:03:51 & stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Pre-event tasks in EMT / test surveys & schedule eblasts / test CPE certs & schedule eblast
    5) Prep GA-B audit / start records request doc
    6) After work: pick up canned food for Kitty at vet's / Schwan's delivery / fold hubby's work shirts / declutter / wash dishes / other?
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work W)

Today's Positive Thought: I love how supportive, inspiring & uplifting JFT is! <3<3<3 You all make my day!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00 :) 7:45
    - Don't skip breakfast :|protein bar, but left my fruit on the counter at home
    - Drink at least 1L of H2O before having soda :)
    - LOG EVERYTHING I EAT! :(Gave up when I fell off the rails.
    - Be productive at work - I have a lot to do... :( I honestly shopped online most of yesterday. Bought some rain boots, an office chair, some artwork for the kitchen, curtains for downstairs, and picked out but didn't buy new artwork for the dining room. I have a picture I love in there, but it just doesn't go.
    - Set up hair appt for youngest for her semi-formal :)Check-a-roo
    - Order another set of curtains from Wayfair. I was one set short. :)Check
    - Order flowers for V's last night of the show. Black roses for the "black fairy" my mischievous misfit, and pink Gerber daisies because they are her favorite. :)$40 for 3 black roses and 3 bright pink Gerber daisies... worth it.
    - Lunch under 400 cal :) Salad with grilled chicken
    - Work until at least 4:00, but leave by 5:30 :)5:00
    - Parent meeting for crew at 6:00 :) and managed to not volunteer for anything
    - Cook dinner, time permitting - chaos, picked up food for youngest at Subway before heading to the crew meet. Had oldest pick up dinner for herself. Met husband at the mall after I dropped V at tennis and after his meeting was over.
    - Stay within calorie goal. :(:(:(Not even close.
    - Lay out clothes for an early gym date. I think I need a workout partner for accountability. :(Didn't bother. Basketball game went too late.
    - To bed by 10:30. :( Nope.

Yesterday was an epic fail food wise. I was good all day, eating but not overeating. Then I picked up a rice krispie treat and a bag of chips on the way to the parents meeting. Then I had some other junk in the 10 minutes I was home to get the kiddo. The I had 2 big slices of pepperoni pizza for dinner. Then I drank beer while watching the championship basketball game last night. Then I fell asleep on the couch deciding I would not even bother to set clothes out for the gym. Yeah, that did not go well.

Funny thing is, I would tell myself that I didn't need a snack and that it wouldn't help me meet my goal, yet at the same time, literally within seconds, I was doing what I knew was wrong. I told myself I'd just start tomorrow. I hate that. If you decide you are going to start something, start it. Why would I wait to do something good for myself when I could start now. One giant excuse to eat poorly one more day. What keeps me from making the same excuse today?

Right now, I feel pretty good about things. I'm busy and being productive (unlike yesterday). Honestly, I haven't even though about this evening. Hubby is out of town on business, but I think both girls will be home by 7:00 so I should be able to cook something. This of course is assuming I remember how to cook, hubby does most of the cooking. We haven't had pork in a while. Pork chops thin cut, homemade applesauce and spinach salad can work. I'm really not sure when hubby is getting home.

JFT Tuesday

- Work by 8:00 :| I honestly don't know what time I got here.
    - Breakfast, fruit and protein bar. :| Just had fruit, got busy and just didn't want to eat.
    - 1L of H2O before soda. :neutral: close, but not quite.
    - Get RV project and VDA project off the ground.
    - Perform method/calibration audits for SCD & MPW
    - Order supplies, well give info to Dave to order. Whatever
    - Set up appointment for nails for V and her friends for 5/17/19 night before semi-formal.
    - Leave work by 5:00
    - Grocery after work for dinner goods
    - Clean floors
    - 2 loads of laundry + wash Sierra's uniform for this weekend's regatta
    - Try to write in my journal. I've only done it once since I got it. I had a lot to say that day, but it was very emotionally taxing. Kind of makes me not want to go back there.
    - No alcohol
    - Set out clothes for the gym
    - Bed by 10:30
    - Don't beat myself up.

Positive thought: It isn't Monday, and I have more spirit today.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Okay! Onto goals!

JFT 4-8-19

1. Log all my food(guesstimate dinner) :)I logged it all but was over by 500. They didnt have the beer that I usually buy so instead of doing the smart thing and just not getting it I got one that was almost 2x the calories. Plus I was so hungry after the gym and not eating most of the day I binged. :(
    2. Have a good time with D :)Definitely did.
    3. Get some writing done tonight(I've been slacking) :(I just couldnt manage it
    4. Call the doctor! :)See below
    5. Go to the gym for a while! :)Was there for more then an hour. 45min cardio and then some weight machines
    6. Upload that document for benefits!!! :(I have until the 15th but I REALLY REALLY NEED TO GET THIS DONE!!!
    7. Figure out dinner for Matt :|He wasn't hungry when he got home.

@Bex953172 Oh no! Bex I'm so sorry! I hope Casey is feeling better now! And that she can sleep through the night!

So we got back from the doctor I little while ago. He thinks that it's probably diverticulitis so he put him on a course of meds. He said that if Matt isn't feeling loads better by Thursday to give him a call. I'm not sure that the doctor realized Thursday is the day after tomorrow but I'll do what he said anyway. Lol. This doctor is amazing! We simply adore him. They have a pretty busy practice but he remembers us and always asks after us if one of us isn't there. So hopefully, fingers crossed, this will be the end of it!

Positive thought from yesterday-I did some good work at the gym! When I stepped on the scale this morning I was down 3.6lbs from the last time I stepped on a week or two ago.

Not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the night. I know that I have to put my headphones on and write something! I need to work on my story! It's driving me crazy that I just stare at the screen and nothing comes! The cursor is mocking me! I know it!

Okay, enough dramatics! Onto goals

JFT, 4-9-19

1. Log all my food
    2. Brush my teeth
    3. Work on my story!
    4. Upload the damn document!(I have to go through it and black out our socials and I just dont want to be bothered.)
    5. Actually cook dinner
    6. Do the dishes after dinner!
    7. Enjoy an evening with Matt
    8. Pick up medications
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Tuesday 9 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) and banked same calories for a meal out Friday!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) just
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) even though it was raining!
    April challenge. :) I walked through the local woods, the bluebells are coming out and the birds were singing. It felt as if Spring was on the way (along with the April showers)

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 so glad to see you, and you're beautiful 💖💖

@Bex953172 oh my goodness I'm so sorry! I hope Casey feels better soon!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday April 9
    Get in steps-over 13,000 today
    Log accurately--every bite
    Productive at work--very much so
    Clean out Fridge--done
    Trash to Curb--done
    Council--done

After council dropped some stuff off for a work colleague who is having surgery--walker, portable toilet, shower chair, I had all of the stuff from my hip surgeries and kept it--she's the second person I have lent the stuff too. Glad it isn't me needing it this time.

I am really enjoying my morning treadmill time. I'm not a gym person so walking and light weights is home is my main exercise (throw the bike in there sometimes too). I just have more energy for the day when I start off moving and by hitting most of my 10,000 goal before I get home (walk for 30 minutes of my hour lunch on days when I can), I actually feel like doing stuff around the house and not turn into a couch zombie.

Nice to see so many people setting goals and not afraid to admit if they don't make some some days but they pick themselves back up and keep on trying,

JFT Wednesday, April 10
    Get in steps
    Log accurately
    Brutal day at work with lots of meetings--keep good attitude
    Church dinner and service
    Don't go over calories when I have evening meeting tomorrow (after the church stuff)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ Had an extra yoghurt, not too bad though. I avoided Danger Tuesday binging!
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :/ After getting home at 9.30 with just 1h30 to eat and relax before bed, am afraid I felt I needed a gin...

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:
    - Give myself credit! :smiley:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :/ 1/2 only
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :/ 8pm! due to an important meeting today being moved forward by 4 hours.... I will not work late today
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Postal vote form :/ Due to lack of evening
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Finish work at 6pm latest
    - Postal vote form
    - Do some French OR hol planning
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 200 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By not giving into Danger Tuesday

Today's positive thought: I am halfway through my week!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @mytime6630 Look at all those smiley faces - give yourself a big pat on the back!

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 10 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge