Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,321 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday

- Work by 8:00 :|I honestly don't know what time I got here.
    - Breakfast, fruit and protein bar. :|Just had fruit, got busy and just didn't want to eat.
    - 1L of H2O before soda. :neutral:close, but not quite.
    - Get RV project and VDA project off the ground. :)
    - Perform method/calibration audits for SCD & MPW :)
    - Order supplies, well give info to Dave to order. Whatever :)
    - Set up appointment for nails for V and her friends for 5/17/19 night before semi-formal. :)
    - Leave work by 5:00 :)
    - Grocery after work for dinner goods :)
    - Clean floors :)
    - 2 loads of laundry + wash Sierra's uniform for this weekend's regatta :)
    - Try to write in my journal. I've only done it once since I got it. I had a lot to say that day, but it was very emotionally taxing. Kind of makes me not want to go back there. :( Forgot about this one
    - No alcohol :)
    - Set out clothes for the gym :)
    - Bed by 10:30 :)
    - Don't beat myself up. :| Not until later in the day

Yesterday was pretty good. I was productive and in control most of the day. Hubby was pissy last night so that took me down a bit. We scheduled a beach vacation for August and it hit me that I really need to get myself in check. I've gained back the weight I lost in Feb/Early March. Now I have to start over. Ughhhh.

JFT Wednesday

- Go to the gym :( Even after I told myself to stop being a defeatist I still didn't go. I even woke up a few minutes before my alarm. Really no excuse.
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:02
    - Work on molding 122
    - Walk at lunch :( Had a protein bar at my desk.
    - Walk to audits
    - Leave by 5:00
    - Start laundry
    - Clean floors down stairs
    - Meet oldest to get her a new phone (damn they are expensive)
    - More laundry
    - Cereal for dinner
    - No alcohol
    - Set clothes out for gym
    - bed by 10:30

I don't really have much to do today. Hubby is picking up youngest and taking her to church. I'll miss tonight because of phone shopping, but he is a much better leader than I am anyway.

Hope y'all have an extraordinary day

Positive thought: I am happy we get to go on vacation, it was hard finding time without scheduled events. I'm glad we have the luxury of taking the kid's friends. It always makes the experience much better for them.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Recap T 4/9
    1) Walked dog before work ~ colder & wore more layers but decent weather before winter storm starts later tomorrow ~ 3.51 mi 1:03:51 & stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 16,156 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 43 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories -10 :smiley: , sodium -417, sugar -10, fiber & protein good & 14c water
    4) Pre-event tasks in EMT :smile: / test surveys & schedule eblasts :smile: / test CPE certs & schedule eblast :smile:
    5) Prep GA-B audit :neutral: started / start records request doc instead, rec'd records (much sooner than expected) requested the day before so completed testing & office summarization for PA-OAHC & submitted for review :smiley:
    6) After work: pick up canned food for Kitty at vet's :smile: / Schwan's delivery :smile: / fold hubby's work shirts :smile: / declutter :smile: / wash dishes :smile: / other? prepped W lunch since have a noon class off-site :smile:
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 :s need to stop checking my phone mid-evening ~ I lose all track of time / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :/ everything but tv off (walk dog before work W)

JFT W 4/10 ~ Really fought my inclination to reset alarm, instead got out of bed early... helped knowing that tomorrow we will probably have wet, heavy snow falling and strong winds when I get up, so skip dog walk then & I can have my rest day.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.2 mi 57:55 & stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) All food but supper prelogged / happy hour w/ former colleagues at Mexican restaurant ~ enjoy 1 adult beverage, no chips or margaritas (weakens my resolve), & decent choice for supper / net calories < -200 / 14c water
    4) Evening: enjoy beverage & dinner w/ friends / Lent service 7:00 / declutter 15 min. / prep lunch/snacks for Th (noon webinar) / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 NO EXCUSES / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (rest day Th.)

Today's Positive Thought: Late evening yesterday, I was thinking of snacking (ack) but couldn't think of anything that I would be satisfied with... so I didn't snack.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. V late checking in but all good so far. Hit nearly all my goals yesterday and today managed another 10k run first thing. I’ve had a lovely day with one of my best friends (we are godmother to each other’s kids) and the children. Went for lunch and I chose well, then went to the ceramic cafe to do pottery painting. This evening I would like to just chill. I will try and do some more report writing. Even though they won’t be due until late June, the personal statements come in at around 300 words per child. So that’s 9000 words for that section alone. If I can do it this Easter holiday it’s a huge dent in the task remaining.

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning warrior class ✅
    - Hot core at 8? ✅
    - More groceries! (Remember coffee this time!) ✅
    - Finish paperwork ❎ but have auctioned the things requiring action!
    - 5x report personal statements 😐 did 3, better than nothing! 23 to go...
    - Girls hair wash and start packing ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Bed by 9:30❎

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run ✅
    - lunch and painting cafe with friend and godchildren ✅
    - water!
    - cash for piano teacher ✅
    - fold and put away laundry
    - 3x report statements
    - bed by 9:30

Will update Wednesday this evening or in the morning. Sending @clicketykeys a big hug for her rubbish start to the day, wishing little Casey better and just to say welcome back @maryrobinson40 - missed you. Hugs and high fives to anyone I missed. X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    It did get better! I might have been noshing on Tootsie Rolls and Skittles a bit, but I only had one fun-size pack of Skittles and like half a dozen of the tiniest Tootsies - not even full out Midgees! And I had a Quest bar in the bag I had with me, so that definitely helped.

And halfway through the first class I realized that the reason my keys hadn't been in my bag was that the lanyard they were on was AROUND MY NECK.

:weary:

One more class. One more class. One more class... of course it's my rambunctious one... OF COURSE... please cross your fingers for me ;D

My fingers are crossed! Im still giggling about the keys though 😂
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this forum but not new to the weight loss/gain roller coaster. I love the idea of "just for today", so I'm here to join in and share with you awesome ladies (are there guys?? sorry, i don't know). Anyway, a little about me. You can call me honeybee, I'm 38 years old, and I'm on a journey to become a better version of myself physically, emotionally, spiritually. I'm married, no kids, but I think most of you would understand if I say my kids have four legs (4 dogs!). I live in NM USA, on a small piece of paradise that we just bought and are still trying to move into. I've had a lot of stress in my life lately, associated mostly with moving and working to rent out our other house. I love my job; I'm an engineer and so I like being organized, but I'm not as organized in my personal life as I would like to be. I'm also a crafty person; I love making stuff--cards, wind chimes, jewelry. I feel like I have a lot in common with many of you already, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all more.

Anyway, I'll quickly share where I'm at in my journey:
    I've always been a "big girl", and I've been up and down in weight all my life, never able to keep it off consistently. I started at the end of January at 278 pounds, after having ankle surgery in November and not being able to do much for 12 weeks. PT helped start the weight loss, and I've joined a group at work to learn more about how to make better choices and stay accountable. I'm already down to 267! But, I have a long way to go, so here's to staying motivated to keep going.

So, here are my goals for today 4/10, and I'll check back in when I can:
    1. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable)
    2. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal (yep, I'm an engineer, I told you that!)
    3. Stay positive
    4. Be mindful
    5. Be productive at work
    6. Exercise at lunch time
    7. Make some calls on my way home

Hey!
    Im Bex (username kind of a giveaway lol) im 27, unmarried but living with my partner, with 3 kids, all girls, aged 5, 2.5 and 1.
    I live in the UK, im not very good with US States, which is NM?

We have recently just moved house too, so lots of painting and we still dont have carpets!

Youre job sounds very interesting! I dont work, im a full time mum!
    But im pretty crafty myself, its just finding the time

Great to have you join us!
    (Ive been on this thread since 2017 and still dont know if theres any guys LOL!)
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 4-9-19

1. Log all my food :)
    2. Brush my teeth :)
    3. Work on my story! :DI know that I have until the end of the month to hit my goal but I need to write something or I will talk myself out of not doing it!
    4. Upload the damn document!(I have to go through it and black out our socials and I just dont want to be bothered.) :):angry: It's done but my laptop is so terrible that it took a f*** hour! I had to edit the stupid document and then Adobe wouldnt let me save it so I could attach it to the email. So I had to print it out and then rescan it and save it that way and attach it. And of course as soon as it's sent I get an autoreply saying that they are out of the office until the 11th! I was ready to scream!
    5. Actually cook dinner :DNope. Due to the aggravation of the document and the fact that we had had a really late lunch we just ended up ordering in but we both got wraps(and
    french fries. Lol) but I dutifully logged it all.

6. Do the dishes after dinner! :|There wasnt any from dinner but there are a few things in there that I am going to do today.
    7. Enjoy an evening with Matt :)
    8. Pick up medications :)

So I just got an email from my new job! I go for training on Monday! I'm soo excited! I can't believe it!!!! Woohoo!!!

Also, Im buying my new laptop tonight too! I'm staying up until Midnight at least because the money I'm waiting to clear will at Midnight. I'm going to order it as soon as I can. Lol So hopefully I get it by Saturday. Lol.

JFT, 4-10-19

1. Log all my food
    2. Eat a reasonable lunch/dinner
    3. Do something active! Go to the gym, take a walk. Something!
    4. Actually make dinner!
    5. Discuss laptop options with Matt
    6. Watch the first Pens playoff game
    7. Order laptop at 12:01!

Okay! I think that's good! Have a great day everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    robbell678 wrote: »
    8yvg11jxtphx.jpg
    taking today off and going to a nice place.

That looks amazing! Where is that!
  • hellerhoneybee
    hellerhoneybee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Hey!
    Im Bex (username kind of a giveaway lol) im 27, unmarried but living with my partner, with 3 kids, all girls, aged 5, 2.5 and 1.
    I live in the UK, im not very good with US States, which is NM?

We have recently just moved house too, so lots of painting and we still dont have carpets!

Youre job sounds very interesting! I dont work, im a full time mum!
    But im pretty crafty myself, its just finding the time

Great to have you join us!
    (Ive been on this thread since 2017 and still dont know if theres any guys LOL!)

@Bex, thanks for the welcome. NM is New Mexico, and yes it's in the US! ;) Gosh, doesn't moving suck?? I'm sooo over it! But, I know it will end at some point. My job is awesome, great people, great benefits, fun work. It does get stressful, but it allows me a lot of flexibility. I was thinking about the positive thought for today--for me, I got to play ping pong AT WORK! I get to play about once a week, if I'm lucky, but I'll take what I can get!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Since I was lousy with my commitments, I decided that for a few days I'll write my daily accomplishments instead, to focus on . I hope that's ok for this thread.

So, today...I had a wonderful day today!
    At the moment am working on a project with lots of equipment at the client's office, which requires that I go there and work from there. I love it! It's such a refreshing change from working from home.
    Today I:
    • had a long walk home (over 8000 steps) through the center of my city, which reminded me how much I love this town and that kind of walks.
    • had snacking free morning and early afternoon
    • had normal sized lunch with a fresh salad
    • have bought me two pajamas (this is a success since I was wearing ripped, old sleepwear for years)
    • did a French reading exercise
    • ate light dinner (oats, kefir and banana)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    This is such an interesting group - loved today's photos of happy dogs

@hellerhoneybee welcome, I have the moving thing to face in the next year and need to get on with the decluttering!

@HEGoddard0928 Good luck with the training and new job

@clicketeykeys. I'm glad your day got better, hope you survived the last class

@snowflake1968 hope the election training goes well and you get more good news soon

@Elbee1 congratulations on the weight loss

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 10 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge. :) Feeling pleased with my improved fitness, I walked the 2.5 miles to the train station at a pace of 4 miles an hour. Last year I would not have contemplated walking there!

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Checking in later than normal so almost through the day. So far I got my aqua fitness class in, plus errands and visiting and helping my elderly mom. I am pleased that I chose NOT to eat a few things as I had pre-logged for the day and it wouldn't fit in my daily goals. Yeah me!
    Just For Today is a great tool for focusing my intent. Thanks to whoever started it. Welcome to the new people that just started - love the plus or minus 10% goal from the NM engineer. We all know that setting realistic and achievable goals is healthier for our self esteem.
    JST 4/10/19
    Stay in the Green by at least 250
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 oh my goodness, they are both cuties!! Hope your little one is feeling better 💖
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Starting over, the last week+ has been a wash. My daughter was over Sun and I realized, I told her over a year ago, that was going to get healthy, lose the weight, and am certainly not a bit less today. It's depressing and I've been throwing caution to the wind (Sprouts had a sale on my fav vino so ?enjoying that too). Just not finding motivation day to day. Enough boo hoos
    @maryrobinson glad you're back & condolences on your brother
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    8yvg11jxtphx.jpg
    taking today off and going to a nice place.

That looks amazing! Where is that!
    Mystic Beach on Vancouver Island,near the town of Sooke, British Columbia Canada. I live there.
    It is about 30 minutes from my home on the road and 25 minutes down a forested trail to the Straight of Juan de Fuca.
    Very popular spot. That is a waterfall you see although it is not at full strength yet!

Wow amazing! Think the best we have are the White cliffs of Dover but i live no way near there lol! Think ive only seen them from the ferry when ive crossed the channel for holidays!

Me and Ash are planning a family holiday to Scotland, ive never been!
    But the sights are meant to be amazing!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Getting ready to head out to a 6:30 Warrior boot camp class. Kind of sore from running yesterday but determined to go and give it my best. Later today I’m having a hair straightening treatment that will mean I can’t wear it up or wash it for 36 hours or so which means I will have to take a rest day or two. So I’d like to get some activity in today while I can. Kids heading off on a four day mini break with their dad. They aren’t thrilled to be going as they don’t like his girlfriend. So I’m feeling a bit anxious - need to try and stay positive. I really hope they have a good time. It’s so hard sometimes to know the right thing to do or say in this situation..

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 10k 🏃‍♀️
    - lunch and painting cafe with friend and godchildren ✅
    - water!✅
    - cash for piano teacher ✅
    - fold and put away laundry ✅
    - 3x report statements ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ nowhere near!

Thursday goals:
    - Warrior class at 6:30am
    - Check girls have packed everything, empty car
    - Walk to hair appt (3.5 miles) at 11:30 (take laptop)
    - 5x report statements
    - Eyebrows and tan after hair appointment
    - Groceries - buy cake ingredients for N party
    - Try not to stress about the girls. Their dad loves them and they will have a good time. Do not succumb to emotional eating
    - Bed by 10

Have a great day everyone! X