JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options

@Elbee1 Thank you for your concern 😊 yes, Rukia is one of our dogs. She is a 9 year old Siberian Husky. A while ago she was put on meds for incontinence because she seemed to leak every night when she was sleeping. after a while she didn't seem to need them anymore for several months, but I've noticed she started leaking again so I started her up on them again and got her urine tested, and turns out she also has a UTI. So now she is getting the incontinence meds in the mornings and an antibiotic twice a day until that clears up. The vet thinks she might possibly have bladder stones as well, I'm hoping not! Now that she's getting older, I think we may need to look into pet insurance.

Positive thought for today: even though it was really hard, I plowed through a ton of stuff at work yesterday. Here's to another super productive day!

Aww, poor baby! I bet she is a beautiful dog. I hope that she is well real soon & that she does NOT have bladder stones. Good thing you got her urine tested.

My Addison's baby, Nova, is a Catahoula Leopard Dog and she'll be 12 years old in a couple months. It's sad watching her age...

Good job at work! Stay positive!!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options
    4/9/19 Tues.
    Weight: 152.8 lbs. Dang!
    It's so weird that the weight is NOT falling off. I am eating soo much less and my complete eating habits have changed since the first week of March. I'm only down about 6 pounds... I was eating at least 4 meals per day. Fast food or restaurant meals often 3-4 times a day. Milkshakes, ice cream, donuts, huge meals. I have made drastic changes and eating tons less than I was... Oh well... I will stay the path.
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :)
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/10/19 Wednesday
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options

@Elbee1 Thank you for your concern 😊 yes, Rukia is one of our dogs. She is a 9 year old Siberian Husky. A while ago she was put on meds for incontinence because she seemed to leak every night when she was sleeping. after a while she didn't seem to need them anymore for several months, but I've noticed she started leaking again so I started her up on them again and got her urine tested, and turns out she also has a UTI. So now she is getting the incontinence meds in the mornings and an antibiotic twice a day until that clears up. The vet thinks she might possibly have bladder stones as well, I'm hoping not! Now that she's getting older, I think we may need to look into pet insurance.

Positive thought for today: even though it was really hard, I plowed through a ton of stuff at work yesterday. Here's to another super productive day!

I would definitely get pet insurance x
    We have it for our dog since the day we got him, you just never know when something will go wrong whether its a health issue or an injury
    I hhope its something that can be easily sorted

I lo e siberian huskies! Theyre gorgeous dogs x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    JFT 10th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Visit parents
    Clean bathroom
    Laundry
    Do something in garden

Now that the weather's a little better I hope to do short spells in the garden regularly to get it nice for summer. I really like gardening but can only do short periods at a time. So looking forward to the summer :)
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JFT ~Tuesday (4/09) -RECAP
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan for the day: events/meals -No Visit w/ mom & snow again!? Ugh.
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    At daybreak~ Walk 2x in back sub, only 1x for 20mins. Loop was longer than thought.
    9:00am Breakfast (Eggs/Oats)
    ?Help hubby w/ AV if needed, be patient. N/A
    10:00am~ 10 Min cleaning (bath floors) went high instead & dusted, easier on knees.
    10:15am~ 10 Min pm floor stretches (+abs) 2x today stretch on deck while dog outside
    10:30am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    Track
    11am Shower
    11:45am Leave
    12:00am Shake
    3:00pm Side Salad
    5:30pm Dinner (leftovers, already plated)
    ?Glider if hubby pm store run N/A
    If go to bed early, no pm snack!!N/A
    KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table

Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.
    No TV in bed, Read.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside +5m
    April challenge. Say something positive: "I am learning to accept that some people's disposition towards life is not as positive as I once thought. I am learning that THAT doesn't need to affect me. I control my thoughts, my words, my actions, my reactions, and my attitude. No one else. I am learning to be even more of a positive person."
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. One healthy post dinner snack
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Set pushpins aside! Get book from principal. Get graph paper from math teachers.
    3. Class 1-2: Review sample performances. Adjectives, adverbs - participles. Read essays to group. Present FRIDAY; if you will not be here Friday, present TODAY.
    4. Planning: A - Grade 10 essays. B - Grade 10 essays. C - Input grades. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Choose USATP questions to review with class. Check plan for when computer cart is needed! Plan & log Wednesday food.
    5. Class 4: Practice work from USATP. Grammar work from NRI.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Pick up book from library; drop off. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Fallout. Weigh and prep celery. Pack lunch.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Book from principal. Put pushpins in bag. Print "Summarizing Fiction" and UDHR.
    3. Class 1-2: Fix grammar from yesterday. Practice summarizing - I tell a story, then they write it. Share with group.
    4. Planning: A - Finish research essays. B - Enter all grades. C - Call parents? D - Discussion responses; download articles for essay.
    5. Class 4: Review setting, plot, conflict, rising action, crisis, climax, falling action. Sample test.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - aim for 3.5 miles, <50 min. Log Thursday food. Prep Thursday lunch. Chop celery.
    8. Gratitude journal. Hang poster. Fold and put laundry away. QUIZ.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Fallout. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm upset and stressed and I do NOT want to go to school. Not that staying home would be any better. I'm stressing about state exams next month even though I mostly have classes that don't take them (they take them alternating years, and I have one of the 'off' years for most of my classes) and so it won't affect my scores. But the idea that teacher ratings are tied to student performance on a single standardized exam is absolutely disgusting. I am upset and frustrated entirely on principle. It's just so awful.

Positive thought: It could be worse. Sorry, that's the best I've got right now.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @lafayettenana~ kudos on getting in your fitness despite your knee and having that attitude of preparing for recovery. Yeah in the green!
    @azulvioleta6~ look at those smiles, focus on those as you keep working on turning those frowns upside down. 6:21 is good zzzz if you only get 5 usu. Hope tonight it’s 6:45.
    @snowflake1968~ I see smiles!! A nice afternoon indeed and keep those positive vibes, it will radiate from you when you interview. And haha… cable guy was too young to enjoy my weirdness.
    @HannahJWorden ~ How did your Tuesday go?
    @cschmitz110515 ~ Look at all those smiles. Night time habits are the hardest to change for me, too. Getting some of the wintery weather, too. Ugh!! In Michigan.
    @nlmackey98~ I so get it the struggle. First of all you are here!! I hid under a rock thinking no one would see me. Ha! I avoided the scales and mirrors, too. I was stuck in the mode of “no, but reached and ate it anyway; then went into over indulge mode.” And you don’t want to even know for how long I was in that mode. What mentally triggers us to be that way? No idea. But then one day it turned off, I had to fight it. And I’m finding that same voice of talking myself out of eating it is replacing that voice that said.. Just re-start tomorrow. So… my take on that for me was my self-talk. Three things I did was (and it started the ball rolling for me):
    Found a fun reward for me for having one week of logging…. NO MATTER WHAT!! That habit needed to start to be accountable. And truly face the facts.
    Started morning affirmations that help me throughout the day by reading them again, or seeing the photo affirmations in my head when I need that positive reminder.
    I am a planner, so I was able to plan my food and pre-log; then pack my lunch bag in the morning based on what I planned. Then if I changed or tweaked it was easier to log.
    Would a protein shake help for breakfast? Drink it on the way to work?
    <<hugs>> Remember you need your oxygen mask before you can help others.
    @Bex953172~ poor baby. Hope lil feels better soon. Have a god Wednesday.
    @HEGoddard0928~ Good gym workout. Even though you were over, you logged it.
    @ZizzyBumble~ SMILES everywhere!! Kudos!
    @ginnytez~ I agree my morning at home workouts really starts the day out right. Then I don’t have to worry about fitting it in later, too. Looks like you had a really good Tuesday! Kudos!
    @mytime6630 ~ smiles, smiles! Hugs to you for your daughter.
    @bookmeister86~ you got all those smiles, too. Avoided binging, that’s huge!! Doing good.
    @Elbee1~ Chin up. Keep logging. And it will drop off. Do you do any resistance exercises with weights? Toning? They say muscle burns fat. Just a thought. Or moments of High Intensity in your workout.

Look forward to catching up with all of you later, tonight.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi again, here's my positive thought for the day: It's been a hard week at work but I've made it to Wednesday determined to kick *kitten*!

Yesterday 4/9:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not raining😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑 More like 5:30
    5. Work out after work😁
    6. Boil sausages for tomorrow😁
    7. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    8. Stay positive😑 that was a little tricky but I did a good portion of the day

JFT 4/10:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Cook dinner
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    7. Stay positive
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Oh and Tubster. Shes still poorly, been asleep most the day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 11,235
    3. walk on at least one work break :)
    4. no social eating at work :)
    5. do an hour of gardening after work :neutral: too much rain, so I went to the gym!
    6. try to get to sleep early :neutral: 6h9m

Wednesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. no social eating at work
    5. drink 8+ C liquids
    6. rest day? I feel like I might be coming down with a cold
    7. try to get to sleep early
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went waaaaay better than I imagined it would. I made some great choices and tracked everything while staying under my calorie goal.

Goals for today:
    Track everything
    Drink Drink Drink
    Eat healthy choices when hungry without stress/emotional/boredom eating.
    Do not belittle myself

I will not
    Stress eat
    Make unhealthy choices
    Forget about water
    Talk badly about myself

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!! 💕😎😊
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday April 9 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Positive thought - I was told yesterday that the first page of my resume was excellent! Just a couple tweaks on the second page.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

JFT - Wednesday April 10 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought - I was told yesterday that the first page of my resume was excellent! Just a couple tweaks on the second page.
    Write in Journal -
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

So I woke up this morning to Rodger talking on the phone, he got his call back to work!!!! April 23, about 3 weeks earlier than last year! I’m so happy, now just for me to get a job. The guy I met with yesterday told me that most people aren’t hiring right now until after our election next week.

I have my election training this afternoon and need to clean my house at some point this week, it is looking dirty and cluttered! I secretly hope that I get a little time at home by myself when Rodg goes back to work. I have not been home alone in the house for more than an hour in over a year.

I think it’s going to be a good day!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Nlmackey98- I am doing the same thing with telling myself no and then doing it. I do it every evening when it comes to snacking. I bought some gum yesterday to see if that helps me at all. Maybe if my mouth is busy doing that it will take away the boredom or whatever it is.
    Maybe I’m just missing something in my diet, I never used to be this bad with evening snacking I’ve always had 1 snack and was satisfied.

Bex953172 - awe Mama, it sucks when they are sick especially the gross ones. Hope she is feeling better.

Hegoddard0928 - good news on Matt hopefully that clears fast! I understand about the cursor mocking you, I get that way designing cards and crafts sometimes.

Ginnytez - I’m not a gym person either, unfortunately I have no room to bring in any equipment.

Mytime6630 - you are remaining positive and sticking to your plan even when your heart is breaking that is such a huge difference, you need to be so proud of yourself.

Elbee1 - you are doing great 6 pounds since the first of March is about a pound a week!!!!!

Johicks - your comment about other people being not as positive, I had the same problem and have worked the last year to really change my attitude and not let anyone else’s get me down. I have found that my positivity is contagious and now others are joining me in being more positive or at least not being vocal about their negativity.

Clicketykeys - I hope your day gets much better. I agree with you on the standardized testing, I sucked in school, they didn’t teach the way I learn. I only found this out as an adult when I went back to school. I think I could have been a lot more successful if it wasn’t meant for everyone to be the same.