Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

JFT, 04-15-19

1. Log all food :)
    2. Make sure Matt takes his meds on time :)
    3. Go to the gym :)I wasn't going to. I got a surprise phone call from a friend out in WA who was on her way to work and I just got up, changed into my gym clothes and drove to the gym, all while on the phone with her. Lol. She must be the good kick in the butt I needed to get off the couch. Lol
    4. Pick up test scripts :)Yup...I think I posted about the headache with all of this.
    5. Job training at 12 :)See previous post
    6. Fold clothes :)Did not want to do this but I did anyway
    7. DISHES!!!! :#Nope. I MUST DO THIS TOMORROW. LIKE MUST
    8. Some sort of self-care :/Unless a shower after the gym counts...I wouldn't say it does. I think I'm going to go up to my parent's house and take a bubble bath tomorrow
    10. Bed at a reasonable time :(HAHAHA Nope...It's already almost 11.

Had a better night. I got to have a really good conversation with my friend. We complained to each other about our lives and laughed and smiled. It was nice. I went to the gym and did a 30 minute pretty intense bike ride. I sweated a whole lot. It felt good. Matt is going to try to go to work tomorrow. I am also helping out a friend of mine with her special needs son tomorrow so I will probably be out for most of the evening with him. I'm happy about that though. It gets me out of the house for a while and I get to spend some time with a really good guy.

Okay! Let's make some goals for tomorrow.

JFT, 4-16-19

1. Log all my food
    2. Take a bubble bath
    3. Go to C's and drop off test packet
    4. DO THE EFFING DISHES RIGHT AFTER COFFEE!!!!
    5. Go to the gym'=
    6. Clean out my car
    7. Be at D's house by 250pm
    8. Do the list for A
    9. Have a great time with A(remember laptop)
    10. Attempt bed at a decent time(not sure when I am getting home)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 - oh that struggle bus just hates to slow down doesn’t it? You can do it, put the brakes on you have a lot of reason to do so!

Garysgirl81- I hope your SO is doing better. I would have stress ate too!

Mytime6630 - thanks for your kind words. I have tried several different crafts. I thought cross stitch would be fun and my eyes couldn’t handle it. At that time I gave up and gained weight. Last Spring I bought yarn knitting needles and a crochet hook. I came across the yarn and my started knitting the other day and stuffed it away. Maybe I should dig it out again. I love my Cricut but I have to be in the craft room to use it and I find it lonely back there. I am hoping my rearranging has helped solve this.

Toaljasa - thank you for the support too. I’m not invited to go to bed with Rodger. I snore and unless he gets to sleep before me he can’t sleep. Apparently my snoring isn’t waking him up anymore since I lost the weight but he’s gotten into a habit that I haven’t been able to break him of yet. It’s one of my main reasons for losing weight. I love that fb post you shared.

PackerfaninGB - I’m so sorry for your Stepdad. I had an uncle that refused treatment It was so hard on his family. When my dad was sick is when I gained all of my weight back. It’s so hard. Praying for your family.

Hegoddard0928 - happy to read that you had a good orientation. That’s awesome Matt can get in so quick for a scan, we could wait for months here for one.

Korina75- I’m with you on the thunderstorms. We are having one this evening. I’m in Alberta Canada. Maybe the dark clouds are a precursor to our provincial election tomorrow.

I’m catching up on posts tonight because I don’t know how much time I’ll have in the morning. I have to be at the polling location at 8, polls open at 9 and we are there until 9-10 in the evening.

I met with the career counsellor this afternoon and was so discouraged when I was done. She told me I’m doing everything I’m supposed to, that my resume and cover letter now looks awesome but there’s just too many people looking for work and not enough jobs. She said she met with some employers last week who told her they are receiving upwards of a 1000 applicants per posting.

I came home and decided to send my resume to a lady my friend recommended that was looking for an assistant. I hadn’t sent it because I don’t know how I’ll get there as it’s quite a ways from here and we are down to one vehicle and Rodger can’t take transit as it doesn’t go to his job. Anyway I decided to send a resume and would figure out transportation when and if I was offered the job. She emailed me back right away and I am meeting her Wednesday morning at 8. So we’ll see, I’m not sure what the position requires or anything about it really so this is more or less an informal meeting to learn more about the position.

I am off to go make some food to have for my meals tomorrow.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So my goals for tomorrow, again, will be simple
    1. log all my food :)
    2. LOOK up how many calories/points food is before I eat it. Have a plan :) Hubby and I went to Lions Choice for lunch, so I even looked up the sandwich before we went ... and counted out 7 french fries, and stopped at that. Hubby ate the rest of them ;)
    3. concentrate on water .. january challenge = 8+ water :/ Drinking my water now!
    4. feb challenge - only 1 nite time snack, and I will try and have it be a zero pt food :) Had my orange.
    5. march challenge - for for 15 minute walk after dinner :) Well.. not quite a walk, but planted flowers before the rain again.
    6. april challenge - something positive :) Had a wonderful, relaxing day with hubby. Tomorrow is our anniversary - so hubby said we are just going to celebrate all week. Nothing fancy, just ran errands, went to a fast food type place to eat, then came home and sat outside in the patio. I am so lucky to have found this guy 46 years ago, and love him just as much now, if not more. We have been through a lot together, and still have a lot going on with our daughter. But he is always there, thinking the positive, telling me we just take this one day at a time. So I am one very lucky person.

JFt, Wed April 16
    1. spend the day with hubby
    2. make good choices
    3. concentrate on water (but maybe 1 glass of wine).
    4. jan challenge = 8+ water
    5. feb challenge - 1 nitetime snack
    6. mar challenge - go outside. This will be easy.. suppose to be in the 80s!!! YAY!!
    7. april challenge - 1 positive thing

I am SO far behind catching up on posts. I don't have time during the day, and try to do it at nite, but tonite, I am so tired, and hope to get some sewing in. I'll try and go back and read up ... but hugs to all of you! I love this group!

Happy anniversary @mytime6630 - what lovely words. I would say your husband is lucky to have found you 46 years ago too! Enjoy your week together x
  • Faebert
    Options
    @snowflake1968 the job opportunity sounds interesting. Think you’re right to find out more rather than reject it out of hand. If it’s right then hopefully the transport situation can be sorted. Good luck with working the polling day- I imagine it will be exhausting! Well done for planning food ahead of time. X
  • Faebert
    Options
    Hi!
    One of the best Home going Tributes I have attended. They did my brother royally, yet humbly.
    His living testified for his ending. He touched so many lives in so many ways and all of them lead
    people to Salvation. Street Ministry, Prison Ministry, From the pulpit to the ushers at the door...standing
    Ovation for my brother.
    The preacher said, I have nothing to preach because his living spoke for itself, so I have nothing to
    add, but plenty to take away with me when I leave this service today. I can only hope to be half the person
    Brother Bobby Cherry was.

Beautiful Mary! I’m so glad your brother got the sending off he deserved and I hope you took some peace and comfort from it. Sounds like he was a very special man. Hugs to you x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ I had a small apple tart at work, mainly due to frustration after another annoying day. But, I managed to rein it in and stop after one thing even though I was tempted to keep going and eat more
    - Be in the green :smile: Hardly any deficit, which is a shame as I wanted to bank some calories before the Easter weekend. But, I'm happy with that anyway as I could have ended up bingeing
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile: even though could have done with some!
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smiley: Yes, when considering whether to keep eating after the apple pie. I fought off the thoughts
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo :smile:
    - Leave work by 6.30pm :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot and now also can't find, annoyingly
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Take sensible portions at dinner
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 3+ bottles water plus lots of soft drink

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6.30pm
    - Lights off by 12 latest

Weekly calorie balance: 75 in green

Today's positive thought: 2 sleeps till Easter weekend in France

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By taking sensible portions at dinner and eating slowly and mindfully so as to feel satisfied. And not drinking too much

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I met with the career counsellor this afternoon and was so discouraged when I was done. She told me I’m doing everything I’m supposed to, that my resume and cover letter now looks awesome but there’s just too many people looking for work and not enough jobs. She said she met with some employers last week who told her they are receiving upwards of a 1000 applicants per posting.

I came home and decided to send my resume to a lady my friend recommended that was looking for an assistant. I hadn’t sent it because I don’t know how I’ll get there as it’s quite a ways from here and we are down to one vehicle and Rodger can’t take transit as it doesn’t go to his job. Anyway I decided to send a resume and would figure out transportation when and if I was offered the job. She emailed me back right away and I am meeting her Wednesday morning at 8. So we’ll see, I’m not sure what the position requires or anything about it really so this is more or less an informal meeting to learn more about the position.

I am off to go make some food to have for my meals tomorrow.

This career counsellor sounds c&£#. I think she needs to get some training on how to motivate and encourage jobseekers. She's the one you didn't like as much I think...?

Try not to be discouraged by what she said. She might be right that the job market is hard, and that lots of people won't get jobs. YOU WILL.

Some people will get jobs, and you are one of them because you are a great catch. You're motivated, have lots of experience, and are just an all-round awesome person. Employers want to hire people like you.

The tricky thing will be making your application stand out against the competition so that they get to meet you and realise that. I had trouble with this recently when I started applying for things - I was applying for jobs with well known companies that were advertised on well known jobs websites. The competition for those is huge so it's a struggle to get past the CV/Cover letter stage; you have to really sell yourself which is hard. I can relate to your frustration on this!

It sounds like you're already selling yourself so really it's just a question of persisting and not giving up. Maybe there is more you could do to tailor your CV/cover letter to each vacancy to make your application even better? I read an article about how to do that the other day, I will try to remember to dig it out and send to you (it's saved on my laptop which I'm not on now).

I'm happy that you already have found something that might be a good opportunity. Hoping that one works out. But if not... Something else will! :smiley:
  • artnom_85
    artnom_85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Not new to MFP but it's been a long time since I logged on. Hope it's ok to join your discussion/community, looks great!

JFT - 16/04/2019

Stick to the planned meals
    Leave work by 6.30pm
    Drink at least 2 bottles of water
    No unplanned spending
    Reach the steps goal
  • Pantuffle2016
    Pantuffle2016 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I previously lost a good amount of weight and kept it off for two years but now things have spiraled out of control. I hope posting my goals here will help me staying accounatble and allow me to get back on track. So, here it comes. My goals for today:
    1. Drink at least 2L of water
    2. Meet my step count of 15k
    3. Eat only at meal times

Have a nice day everyone.
  • Faebert
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - well done on reining it in after the apple tart. It sounds like you turned yesterday into a win!

@artnom_85 and @Pantuffle2016 - welcome!

I have had a good start to today. Didn’t sleep well but when I woke up at stupid o’clock this morning I made the most of it and finished my report personal statements - yay! And I’ve done my workout before the girls got up so feeling good. Supposed to be going out for dinner tonight so good to have some exercise cals in the bag!

Monday goals recap:
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - Pick up groceries and pet food ✅
    - Tan ✅
    - Text P re getting together ✅
    - Call conveyancer to make appt ✅
    - Sort passport docs ❎ doing this with family tomorrow
    - Girls unpack - do laundry straight away ✅
    - L play date at 3? Check arrangements ✅
    - P play date and sleepover ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - finish report personal statements ✅
    - put away laundry
    - breakfast for the kids - pancakes
    - jog to cafe for lunch with kids
    - check arrangements for dinner with H tonight
    - girls pack for sleepover
    - head to parents after lunch - remember passport docs
    - out for dinner - stay within calorie goal

Have a good day everyone! X
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 15th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, finished on 1300 cals
    Back stretches yes, and some exercises
    Visit parents yes
    Housework, get the house tidy again yes, got lots done
    Laundry yes
    Walk or garden a little bit no

I would have stayed in the green if I'd gone for a walk, but it didn't happen. I felt quite sick again by the evening with the painkillers I'm trying to take. Then son's partner brought grandson round for an evening cuddle, he's very grumpy and unsettled in the evenings.

Positive thought - it's a lovely feeling when a grumpy baby falls asleep in your arms :)

JFT 26th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Find house insurance
    Babysit
    Walk

• GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Crushed my goals yesterday. Plan on being productive today as well. So, JFT:
    1. Log everything
    2. Drink 40 ounces of water
    3. 20 mins stationary bike
    4. Complete lunge and squat sets
    5. Get in 12 hours of work today
    6. Stick to pre planned meals
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Fell off the bandwagon over the wknd. My significant other was hospitalized following chest pain so I didn’t get my exercise in and didn’t stick to my eating plan but back on it today. I won’t have a ton of goals today due to other obligations but JFT:
    1. Stick to eating plan.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Do my squat challenge.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about your SO. That is scary for everyone. I hope they found the cause.

I noticed you are doing a squat challenge. I am as well! Are you meeting it? I didn't the first two days (I was challenged to do 100) but now by the end of the day, I've been able to get them done. But boy were my thighs sore the first few days, lol!
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Fell off the bandwagon over the wknd. My significant other was hospitalized following chest pain so I didn’t get my exercise in and didn’t stick to my eating plan but back on it today. I won’t have a ton of goals today due to other obligations but JFT:
    1. Stick to eating plan.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Do my squat challenge.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about your SO. That is scary for everyone. I hope they found the cause.

I noticed you are doing a squat challenge. I am as well! Are you meeting it? I didn't the first two days (I was challenged to do 100) but now by the end of the day, I've been able to get them done. But boy were my thighs sore the first few days, lol!

Yes, they figured it out and we got to come home. Thank you for asking! Yes I’ve been keeping up with the challenge but this one is a little different. Every day you have to add another set. I try to complete them first thing in the morning. That way I know I will get them done. I do a set when brushing my teeth and continue while I’m doing my morning face routine etc. lol I know it sounds silly but it really helps.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT before leaving for school by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check in with S about freshman essays.
    3. Class 1-2: Review participles. Kahoot. Machiavelli documentary. Article review.
    4. Planning: A - Discussion post 1. B - Discussion post 2. C - Make sure plans are up to date and PRINT. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Choose USATP questions to review with class. Check plan for when computer cart is needed! Plan & log Tuesday food. Check in with other teachers about what supporting documents are needed.
    5. Class 4: Practice work from USATP. Grammar work from NRI.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - 2 miles. Walk to 10k. Cheese store - find out what kind of cheeses we have? Lang8 post. Blog post? Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Fallout.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check in with S about freshman essays.
    3. Class 1-2: Finish presentations. Add senator names as class comments. Add questions as responses.
    4. Planning: A - Update lesson plans and print. B - Draft essay at lunch duty. C - Discussion responses. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Check plan for when computer cart is needed! Plan & log Wednesday food.
    5. Class 4: Choose reflection. Create one-pager. Type reflection. Check on Grammarly.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Pick up book from library; drop off. Lang8 post. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Drop on the scale (FINALLY.) Now the question is, will that be actual progress? Or is it a blip?

Positive thought: I am not the fastest. I am not the strongest. I do not need to be. I am a persistence hunter. I DO NOT GIVE UP.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I'll have to catch up on reading later as I just can't focus right now. Both the dogs went missing last night, I have no idea where they could be. We've driven around calling for them, I tried again this morning. This happened a few years ago and they showed up the next morning, so I'm hopeful but also really nervous. We live on a busy street now.

Anyway, to all of you struggling, keep your chin up, big hugs to all of you. You are ALL strong.

Positive thought: both the dogs have tags so hopefully somebody will get ahold of them and call us. Just trying to remain calm for now.

Yesterday 4/15:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    6. Go grocery shopping😁
    7. Cook dinner😁

JFT 4/16:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Pick up rolls for dinner
    5. Work out after work
    6. Cook dinner
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @hellerhoneybee - love the perspective and your attitude. Thanks for sharing!!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. LOG FOOD :)
    2. Drink Waters >:)
    3. Bring home coffee mug/wash it :)
    4. Small grocery shop (frozen fruit, peas, low carb wraps, deli meat, pasta, coffee) :)
    5. Cold brew coffee and hard boil eggs :)
    6. Empty dishwasher :)
    7. Put away laundry/pick out clothes for work >:)
    8. Bed by 9:30 >:) 10

JFT Tues AM!
    1. Up by 555 >:) 615
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil >:)
    4. Pack lunch :)

Well - it's an improvement! And I'll try again today!

JFT Tues
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters - 3 at job 1, 2 at job 2
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - pot pie
    5. Empty dishwasher
    6. Put away laundry/Pick out clothes for work
    7. Take sausage and chicken out of freezer
    8. Bed by 9:30
    9. Update this list later
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi!

The preacher said, I have nothing to preach because his living spoke for itself, so I have nothing to
    add, but plenty to take away with me when I leave this service today. I can only hope to be half the person
    Brother Bobby Cherry was.

I don't think there could be any nicer tribute. What a fantastic legacy your brother left here. He made a huge impact while he was here on earth. No doubt he has heard the words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

May you have peace with the knowledge your brother left here knowing where he was heading to next and joy of all the lovely tributes and memories you have tucked away in your heart.
    2fodl2op00mz.png