JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. WRITE THE DAMN ESSAY.
    3. Visit with in-laws.
    4. Park run: 6 miles. Draft week 2 discussion post.
    5. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50 AM.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT before leaving for school by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check in with S about freshman essays.
    3. Class 1-2: Review participles. Kahoot. Machiavelli documentary. Article review.
    4. Planning: A - Discussion post 1. B - Discussion post 2. C - Make sure plans are up to date and PRINT. D - Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Choose USATP questions to review with class. Check plan for when computer cart is needed! Plan & log Tuesday food.
    5. Class 4: Practice work from USATP. Grammar work from NRI.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - 2 miles. Walk to 10k.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) (Thursday - Check library for book on order.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Didn't sleep well. Feel like crap. But if I don't go in, it gets worse.

Positive thought: I can make it.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 That is so true, a recovery and rest day is so important. I love the idea of having Sundays as relaxation day.

@johicks and @toaljasa I love those ideas! I think I want to try both of them, they sound really helpful!

@HEGoddard0928 I'm sorry Matt has been so ill, I hope he gets well soon.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm hoping this Monday is less hectic than last week, we shall see. I am so tired again..I just want to go back to bed. I hope everyone has a great day!

Positive thought: I'm so busy at work because this is our time of year with the most business! Bring on the orders!!

Yesterday 4/15:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal (100 over limit for today)😁
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    5. Wash and put away two loads of laundry😞 Alex washed a load and I did nothing
    6. Bathe Kya the stinker😞
    7. Pay taxes (wahhhh)😁

JFT 4/15:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    6. Go grocery shopping
    7. Cook dinner
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Sunday (4/14) - Recap
    Sleep in! √
    Morning Affirmations √
    Think ahead for next week: 2 days off, One gate event, Memorial, & Easter dinner?
    Check~in w/MFP pals √
    Track √
    Plan meals/Snacks √
    Sunday Breakfast √
    Sunday elevenses √
    Vanilla Protein -Pumpkin Latte √
    Sunday dinner √
    Snack. √
    Enjoy time w/hubby. √
    Grocery shop. √
    Play on computer. √
    Catch-up with MFP friends. √

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face- 2√
    Eat dinner at the table But food was weighed and tracked, mindful eating.
    Drink hot tea √
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!” √
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner. √

Jan~ Drink 8+ water √
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner √
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive: √ Still strengthening knee with stretches shown to me by fitness instructor friend, so no exercise. My positive is that I found that I did have energy and wanted to do more. So that's a great NSV! As the weight comes off so will the burden from my joints & bones.

JFT ~Monday (4/15)
    Morning Affirmations
    Plans for this week's events for meal planning, part of the plan will be to leave 100 calories for 4 days this week (M, W, Th, Fr.)
    ->Tues. gate/tickets- allow for popcorn,
    ->Sat. Memorial- pack own snacks, eat like did at wedding- protein & veggies only.
    ->Easter dinner is planned - simple, strawberries and whipped topping for dessert.
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    8:45am Breakfast & Pack/Plate meals &Snks
    9:40am Glider
    10:00am Shower
    10:45am Leave
    Morning visit w/mom
    Work
    12:00pm Snack - Chicken leg
    3:00pm Snack - Salad w/HB Eggs
    5:45pm Dinner w/hubby (planned & pre-plated) - side salad & left overs?
    Earn 5 personal points!!

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15m walk outside (snowy/icy!); so will strive for 15+ glider inside & more knee strengthening (at work, too!)
    April challenge. Say something positive:
  • mirihawk
    mirihawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Claiming my seat at JFT
    Hi everyone, I'm not with it enough yet for individual replies but I'm enjoying getting to meet you all. Anyone who wants to "friend me" on MFP is welcome.

Packed lunch and snacks for work. Meals pre-logged. :)
    Made a task list :)
    Weighed self - ugh, draw a line under that and start again :/
    Meds and vits for morning :)
    set a reminder to take breaks at work :)
    Logged more than 6 hours sleep on the fitbit last night :)

To do:
    Call Country Place re mortgage info
    walk at least 6500 steps
    fold up the cane when I feel like I don't need it
    transmit taxes

Tonight:
    Fruits and veg into green containers
    Deal with soup
    check in with T about the refrigerator shelf repair
    Hand wash more dishes (yay, repair people coming Tuesday!!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    JFT, Monday:

- Find a gynecologist
    - Order thyroid test
    - Buy food supplies for the week (lentils, chickpeas, berries, veggies)
    - avoid snacking

I have thyroid issues too, are you hyper or hypo? X
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172;c-43593429]
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Goals for today, Sunday:
    Attend church :)
    Garden work:--
    plant spinach, pansies-- :/
    Start composter- :)
    Practice for one hour- :/
    Stay in the green-- :)
    Exercise for 20"--does gardening count?
    Walk for 6000 steps. :)
    Call college roommate --too late at night

@Bex953172 I count gardening, not that i do any but yeah i count it lol! Thanks Bex, for the affirmation. Yeh--gardening can be hard work, but to be honest, most of my afternoon was spent "fetching and carrying" for the yard man who was cleaning up all the debris from the winter storms. Today it is snowing---can't believe it. Yesterday we were sitting outside in the sunshine, drinking coffee. Well, I guess I'll do some inside work today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday April 14 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge -👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack. 👿👿👿
    5 something at bathroom break- 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 😏

JFT - Monday April 15 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Well my word of the year is determined and I’m not doing much to show that I am. I know I can do this, I was doing so well all summer last year and it’s what I want so I don’t know why I’m struggling so hard to just do it.

I think a big part of my problem is boredom and I need to find something to do in the evenings to keep me occupied. Rodger goes to bed at 9 and I stay up until around 11. It’s these two hours that get me in trouble every single day. I think I’ll research some inexpensive hobby that will keep my hands busy but not require a lot of brain work.

Today I go to meet the first career counsellor I met. I am not as impressed with her as I am the second one because she hasn’t contacted me since I sent her my updated resume so I have no feedback from her. I’ll go because I really want to do everything I can to find a job.

I have to stop and get food for the election tomorrow. I will be working from 8 am until 9 pm and will not have the opportunity to go eat anywhere. I have to have snacks and meals with me.

Ok off to make a tea and then finish my craft room.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Johicks - I had started small on the planks and was up to about 45 seconds. Right now it’s my rib issue that is not allowing me to do the plank.

Taoljasa - nice to see you back. Your Mom had the right idea about cleaning. I clean as I go a lot and never feel like I have a big chore to do until I need to scrub. I don’t get any help from my husband though.

Hegoddard0928 - hope Matt gets better soon. I watched a news report on loneliness the other day. It said that there are two types of loneliness emotional and social and that loneliness is more unhealthy than obesity and equates to a 15 smokes a day habit. It was quite interesting. I found the article it’s under Global News Edmonton - Health Matters, the. Search loneliness. It’s an old one that replayed this past weekend, but the message is the same. I understand how you can feel lonely with Matt in the next room if he’s in a chat room or playing games. My husband plays games and it almost led to divorce for us. He was more involved in that than he was in our lives. It’s bad again right now too, but I’m biding time.

Mytime6630 - is your daughter showing any improvement since they changed her medications? It’s such a balancing act with meds I know.
    I hope you and your husband have a great week celebrating 42 years! That is quite an accomplishment.

Bookmeister86 - I am back up as well due to snacking and lack of exercise. It’s such an incredible balancing act and so hard to lose and easy to gain. I wish there was some kind of magic pill we could take, where we could eat and the pill just didn’t let us absorb the bad stuff only good nutrients. I need to stop being so lazy.

Faebert - Hugs. I hope your girls come back with happy talk about their trip.

Littleblackskirt- sounds like a lovely day. I understand what you mean about your sons interacting as adults. I love watching my girls doing that and it always makes me happy when I hear they have been in touch without my involvement. Makes my heart happy.

Mirihawk - setting breaks at work is a big one. You’ll be so glad you take them when you do.

Asclepsia- those of us that live in the snowy areas are shocked in April every time is snows because we are so anxious to get summer!

Clicketykeys - Hugs

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 4-14-19

1. Log all food :)I was even in the green!
    2. Go to the gym :)Sweated up a storm too. Lol
    3. Take initial Instagram photo :)Honestly, I don't look as terrible as I thought. Although I do look like I'm 9 months pregnant.
    4. DISHES :'(
    5. Do what I can for Matt :)He seemed to keep his dinner down longer than he has been so I'm hoping that that is a good sign
    6. Finish editing ARW :)
    7. Fold clothes :(

Okay, I think I'll leave it at that for tomorrow.

So this morning I guess I'm in a better headspace than last night. Not great but not as depressed as I was. I think the incredible thunderstorm we had last night helped. Lol. I LOVE storms. It woke me and Matt up around 4 am. We just laid there and listened to it. It was really nice.

I have a decent list of things to do today, including my job training. I am seriously stoked but also incredibly nervous. Lol. I also need to go to the doctor's office and pick up the scripts for the test and figure out when I can get Matt in to get them done. I might just take him to the hospital and get them done there. It's more expensive but it's a lot less of a hassle than trying to find an image place around here.

Okay. I need to get going for the day.

JFT, 04-15-19

1. Log all food
    2. Make sure Matt takes his meds on time
    3. Go to the gym
    4. Pick up test scripts
    5. Job training at 12
    6. Fold clothes
    7. DISHES!!!!
    8. Do some sort of self-care
    9. Bed at a reasonable time
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Still on the struggle bus - but at least I havent gotten off the bus all together. Try, try agian. Super simple. I was waaaaay up on the scale yesterday. 190 after a very indulgent vacation! I was 178 when I tried my wedding dress on...I'm kind of freaking out that it might be too tight, but I'm going to give it two weeks of improved habits to get this bloat down and then go for my final fitting. So that means really committing to my healthy habits! Log food, drink water, smoothie for breakfast, low carb wrap for lunch, proper dinner portion! Clean weeks, dirty weekends would be better than I'm doing now too so I'll start there!

1. LOG FOOD
    2. Drink Waters
    3. Bring home coffee mug/wash it
    4. Small grocery shop (frozen fruit, peas, low carb wraps, deli meat, pasta, coffee)
    5. Cold brew coffee and hard boil eggs
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Put away laundry/pick out clothes for work
    8. Bed by 9:30

JFT Tues AM
    1. Up by 555
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish oil
    4. Pack lunch
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Busy weekend, cleaned & errands Sat., SIL/BIL stayed over Sun., I did not log food yesterday since I ate at annual Palm Sunday brunch at church and no idea how to guesstimate food. Pretty sure calories were high but at least I walked dog 3.83 miles. Starting fresh today, and will catch up all posts later.

JFT 4/15 M
    1) Oil change appt. 8:30 :smile:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Prelog food (usual & leftovers for supper) / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Update weekly w-i post
    5) Finalize inquiry & observation checklists
    6) Evening: walk dog / dust living room & arrange photos / prep Easter baskets / clear coffee table / newspapers pile / other?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20

Oops ~ forgot my positive thought...

Today's Positive Thought: The sun is shining, last week's snowfall is melting fast and yesterday saw a pair of mallard ducks swimming in a ditch when walking dog. Spring is coming?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my MFP weigh-in logging day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 61, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 145 - 150 [Need to be realistic! Revised from 140 - 145]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
    03/02 = 159.5
    03/09 = 157.5
    03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
    03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
    03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
    04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week
    04/13 = 159.5

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT April 15th- needed to add and updated a bit for today

3 veg/2 fruit
    60 minutes exercise
    1 hour quiet time for myself
    Cook dinner at home
    Plan week
    Pick up tax returns and send in payment
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fell off the bandwagon over the wknd. My significant other was hospitalized following chest pain so I didn’t get my exercise in and didn’t stick to my eating plan but back on it today. I won’t have a ton of goals today due to other obligations but JFT:
    1. Stick to eating plan.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Do my squat challenge.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Fell off the bandwagon over the wknd. My significant other was hospitalized following chest pain so I didn’t get my exercise in and didn’t stick to my eating plan but back on it today. I won’t have a ton of goals today due to other obligations but JFT:
    1. Stick to eating plan.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Do my squat challenge.

Hope your SO is okay! I dont think id stick to the plan either!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    So this morning I guess I'm in a better headspace than last night. Not great but not as depressed as I was. I think the incredible thunderstorm we had last night helped. Lol. I LOVE storms. It woke me and Matt up around 4 am. We just laid there and listened to it. It was really nice.

I didn't get a chance to respond to a lot of posts because there were so many, but hugs to you. I hope you are feeling better, and I hope that your husband figures out what is wrong with him. there is nothing more stressful than not knowing, and being helpless. Glad you had a better nite last nite. Hugs.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Well my word of the year is determined and I’m not doing much to show that I am. I know I can do this, I was doing so well all summer last year and it’s what I want so I don’t know why I’m struggling so hard to just do it.

I think a big part of my problem is boredom and I need to find something to do in the evenings to keep me occupied. Rodger goes to bed at 9 and I stay up until around 11. It’s these two hours that get me in trouble every single day. I think I’ll research some inexpensive hobby that will keep my hands busy but not require a lot of brain work.

T

You have so much going on right now, and yes, you are determined! You are showing up here everyday, giving it your all. That is something to be very proud of. It is very stressful when money issues are there, and not knowing what the future hold for you work-wise, but you are a fighter. I know the right job will come along.
    As for the evenings, do you knit or do things like that also? For me, I sew a lot, but at times I am too tired to do that, yet don't want to go to bed. I want to learn to crochet or knit... just haven't tried it yet. I go to a lot of garage or estate sales .. you'd be surprised how much craft stuff, fabric, and yarn you sometimes can find.
    Hang in there ... I think you are doing great!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Does your tree shed its leaves in the fall? If so, that's another positive thought!

Good for you with WW. That is absolutely awesome that you are losing weight. So glad you are doing whatever it takes to get you where you want to be.

I am so sorry your daughter is struggling. It must be very difficult to be in her shoes.

RE: eating because of the situation. Yes, water will help. And perhaps if you say out loud what your intentions are for today...even when I am stressing I am eating healthy...maybe tell your husband. Cut up some veggies now so you have something to grab. Because you know, eating is not going to help your daughter get better. It's not going to help lessen your anxiety, sadness, frustration, etc. But if you do stay on track and resist, you will have a healthier mind and body which is good for both you and your daughter. And you are doing so fantabulous with WW!!!!

At the end of your day, may you be filled with peace and joy in finding the positive and good for today.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Still on the struggle bus - but at least I havent gotten off the bus all together. Try, try agian. Super simple. I was waaaaay up on the scale yesterday. 190 after a very indulgent vacation! I was 178 when I tried my wedding dress on...I'm kind of freaking out that it might be too tight, but I'm going to give it two weeks of improved habits to get this bloat down and then go for my final fitting. So that means really committing to my healthy habits! Log food, drink water, smoothie for breakfast, low carb wrap for lunch, proper dinner portion! Clean weeks, dirty weekends would be better than I'm doing now too so I'll start there!

1. LOG FOOD
    2. Drink Waters
    3. Bring home coffee mug/wash it
    4. Small grocery shop (frozen fruit, peas, low carb wraps, deli meat, pasta, coffee)
    5. Cold brew coffee and hard boil eggs
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Put away laundry/pick out clothes for work
    8. Bed by 9:30

JFT Tues AM!
    1. Up by 555
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish oil
    4. Pack lunch

It's time to gather the troops and get moving on this, Sister! You've got two weeks til your final fitting. Let's get mooooving! You can do this...you have the discipline, as we've seen it. And now you need determination with a Capital D! Get focused. Announce to those around you that you are on a mission. If you live with someone, ask if they'd support you and purge your pantry and fridge. Keep nothing that is going to get you off track. Don't even think, "Well, I can keep the chocolate chips because I won't eat them!" You don't know that...get rid of it, out of your house. Get to exercising...there are lots of videos to help exercise at home. Join faithful workouts and you'll get over 50 aerobic/weight/yoga sessions free. In fact, they have a fourteen-day meal plan that might help. (It is Christian based but if you aren't a Believer then it shouldn't matter, lol) Pre-log your food every day and stick to it. Buy veggies get them sliced for the week. Quit eating by 7pm so that you can fast for at least 12 hours. And did I say exercise??!!!

Get that weight off before it settles in and makes itself home.
    Peace and joy!
    tod27nxpzgkx.png