Options

Replies

• kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. one small chocolate item for pudding
    2. go for a 20 min run

So i didn't go for a run, and yeah i'm a bit mad at myself for it. My other half wasn't feeling great after work and i had a headache too, so just didn't prioritise the gym.
    We do plan to go tonight though.

Wednesday:
    1. drink 3 glasses of water whilst at work.
    2. one caffeinated coffee only.
    3. go for a walk at lunch.
    4. stay under calories for the day.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wow being back at work is a shock to the system! Mainly the struggle with getting in the morning exercise. Managed again this morning but it as tight for time, hence the late post!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - finish batch cooking - portion for freezing ✅
    - morning run ✅
    - pack snacks for work ✅
    - call conveyancing solicitor ✅
    - message D re school payment ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 5 ✅
    - 7pm after-school club booking opens ✅
    - fold and put away laundry ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎

Wednesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - early to school (choir) ✅
    - stick new worksheets and brief cover ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - planning time (1 snack only)
    - health food store and tan after work
    - bed by 9:30

Have a great day all - will catch up on posts later this evening x
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's midday already, but I have started the day quite good. I got up a bit earlier than yesterday and did a good meeting that has helped me to catch up with things.
    "daneejela wrote: »
    - eat berries for an afternoon snack :)
    - eat light dinner (some greens) and nothing after
    - take a walk
    - check that question regarding technology (job-related) :)
    - make that call (app) :)
    - catch up with the app, see what's left to do
    - french reading exercise :)
    JFT:
    - fix administrative stuff that we've been procrastinating
    - fix some of the bugs
    - french reading exercise
    - take a walk
    - eat berries for an afternoon snack
    - eat light dinner (some veggies) and nothing after

Week goals
    - finish the transport app
    - bedroom and closet cleanup
    - clean upstairs including windows
    - buy flower pots for the balcony
    - depilation
    - buy new underwear
    - find a gynecologist

Long term goals
    - less animal protein, more plant protein -> learn to prepare some veggie based meals
    - increase folate-rich foods (chickpeas, lentils, leafy greens) to at least one meal a day
    - minimize dairy to 1 cup of white coffee and a cup of kefir in the morning
    - daily walks
    - bodyweight exercises
    - incorporate again dance moments during the day
    - running

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    o2mzvhs44dwu.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning My Beautiful! Sisters 😀 💕
    Work It!! Wednesday... I Dare You To Put Your Sexy On Today.
    Sexy Walk
    Sexy Lipstick/Make up
    Sexy Smile
    Sexy Voice For Your Mate
    It's About Being Confident In Yourself. Not for the approval of others,
    But for the love and acceptance of yourselves no matter what stage of
    life you're in.
    LOVE THE YOU THAT YOU ARE! 🌹🙌🙆 YOU'RE AMAZING!
    HAVE A SUPER DAY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I am running a little behind today so I'll have to make this quick. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Yesterday 4/23:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Workout after work😁

JFT 4/24:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Clean bathroom counter
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Check & print plans. Check in with CC about class 4. Print rosters to acknowledge # of missing assignments and return grade reports. Pull and check #s for RR activity; copy more if needed.
    3. Class 1-2: Professor Qs. Isocolon definition. "Roman Realism" AP activity.
    4. Planning: A - Update lesson plans and print. Call parents. B - Draft essay at lunch duty. C - Grade research. D - Grade research.
    5. Class 4: Not sure!
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Coloring party 7:00. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. QUIZ!
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run - aim for 4 miles, <60 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Pull & check copies for AP activity. Check on SG sub - May 2?
    3. Class 1-2: Grammar practice. "Machiavelli and Bacon" AP activity. Return one pagers and check. Go over sub plans.
    4. Planning: A - MAKE SUB PLANS FOR THURS. PRINT B - Call parents. Duo. C - Research essays. D - Research essays. Check in with coach about weight lifting instruction.
    5. Class 4: Split; work on DOE practice.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Finish essay. Grade research?
    8. Gratitude journal. Walk? Prep Wes Moore plans. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and Cross-Training.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Seriously bummed. I don't know if I wasn't paying attention or if it got changed, but the coloring party was at 4 not at 7 so I missed it :( Oh well. There'll be another one next month.

I'm reading everyone's posts but I'm so drained with testing season and observations STILL hanging over my head and getting close to the end of the master's program that I just can't think of anything useful to say. *hugs* to all!

Positive thought: I managed 4 miles this morning!
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I have to be quick too... I actually SLEPT IN (unheard of for me since peri menopause started) on my early day at work. I am typing this on my phone from my desk.

I accomplished all my goals yesterday except completing the mindful meditation course. I am finding it hard to carve in an extra hour in the evening to get it done, so will try doing half the exercises over my lunch break today.

Today's goals:
    1. Track everything/stay in green
    2. Mindful meditation course, as above
    3. Walk after work
    4. Check in with JFT group evening

Have a great day everyone!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday
    - Shower/hair/makeup - :( Sadly no... Ball cap day
    - Work by 8:00 - :smiley:
    - Breakfast <300 cal - :smiley: I tries some nectarines, but they were sour. Landed on a protein bar.
    - Maximum 4 small pieces of Easter candy :wink: Only had 1, Go me!
    - Stay “present” at work :smile:
    - Lunch <300 cal - :smiley: Lunch was not good, but it was low calorie. Chicken was very dry, so I only eat half with my salad.
    - 10,000 steps :smiley: Actually got 15,277. Morning walk at work and my 3+ mile hilly hike after. Wasn't sure I'd get to walk after as there were storm warnings. I got it in and only got a little wet from a shower, but no lightening. I didn't melt.
    - Reasonable dinner - :smiley: Blackened salmon atop a salad, no dressing.
    - Stay green - :smiley: - Way in the green, perhaps too much
    - One snack after dinner - :smiley: - Homemade frozen custard. My hubby spoils me.
    - Bed by 11:00 - :smiley: - Amazingly enough yes!

Positive Thought; I feel like I’m moving in the right direction. Thanks for all the love y’all.

Yesterday was a good day, no tears, no negative thoughts, productive, active. Because of the daily challenge I weighed today and it confirmed that my spaghetti dinner Sunday night skewed my weight high yesterday. I know this because I'm fairly certain I didn't drop 2.2 lbs overnight unless it was water.

Today I need to repair a GC at work. I'm usually pretty good at these things, but my first 2 ideas to explain the issue didn't resolve it. Now I gotta tear that bad boy apart and look at it's innards. I have until about 10:30 to make it work then I need to leave for a conference/town hall type thing where my main purpose is to kiss @$$. Again, I'm pretty good at knowing what to say when and smiling to the higher ups. Yay me. I do always feel a little slimy after, and it can be exhausting as its 4 hrs long with lunch included. I'm fairly picky so I doubt it will throw my eating plan off. Unless of course I leave starving and stop at Chick-Fil-A.

I'm still going to put my 10,000 step goal down, but it may be a stretch today because of the weather.

JFT Wednesday

- Shower / hair / makeup - :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 - :smiley: - 7:45
    - Check in on MPF threads - :smiley:
    - Repair GC
    - Breakfast <300cal
    - If time after the GC is repaired work on making Ash methods ISO compliant
    - Head to conference... schmooze
    - Stop at Hair supply place to get pink enhancer for V's hair
    - Stop by local sport shop to get a high school shirt or 2 to wear at the crew regattas
    - Home to let dogs out
    - Decision Point: I may have to go back to work to complete the repair OR I may be able to go for a hike
    - 10,000 steps
    - When I get home, do not lay on the couch. Do at least 1 load of laundry and knock of something on the chore list that needs done. Clean small bathroom or clean refrigerator.
    - Dinner that leaves me in the green for the day. Eat back up to half of exercise calories.
    - Bed by 10:30, I gotta be at work by 6:15 tomorrow.

Positive thought for today: There is nothing on my list I am not capable of doing if I remain focused and present.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 4/23
    Intuitive eating practice today. :)
    Log all food after :)
    drink water before snacks and with meals :)
    Exercise 30 minutes :)
    8000 steps :)

I am learning so much by really mindful eating/intuitive thinking around meals and snacks. I had my calories set too low for what I want to accomplish and really was feeling deprived esp. during pms. So I recalibrated and going to do the same thing today, just really thinking about what I want to eat (but keeping junk food out of the equation entirely).

JFT 4/24
    Intuitive eating practice
    Log all food after eating
    drink water before snacks/meals
    Exercise 30 minutes
    8000 steps
    no alcohol

Keeping it simple for myself as I am in my busy season and life is hectic.

@newbie2143 What is the mindful meditation course you're doing? I'm interested in learning how to be more mindful of my actions and would love to know what you're doing with that.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Start waters NOW :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - leftovers with a salad :)
    5. NO CANDY AT WORK! :) I resisted the candy, but not the homemade lemon squares - those however were TOTALLY worth the calories.
    6. Bed by 9:30 :)
    7. Snake tub :) I feel like a real homeowner now haah
    8. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    9. Shower :)

Weds Am
    1. HB eggs for breakfast :)
    2. Fish oil >:) This habit needs attention
    3. Wake up on first waking! 555 :)
    4. Get to work by 7am :) Stepped out of the car and the church bells were ringing for 7! Success!!!
    5. Pack lunch and snack :)

JFT Weds
    1. Log all food
    2. Start water NOW
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - figure out what?
    5. Work until 5
    6. Complete 3 tasks on work to do list
    7. Empty dishwasher
    8. Put moms dishes/pan next to door to return
    9. Check hot tub chemistry
    10. Smile!

A NSV! I mentioned how when DH is in a mood, it affects me a lot. Well, he was in one yesterday! But I let it roll and did not feed into it. Reminding myself I cannot take peoples actions so personally all the time. I went to bed early and got to work early this morning. DH ended up apologizing for his attitude! He's working on his mental health and it showed when he took responsibility for his actions without any intervention on my part - another reminder to me that HE is the only one who can help himself and I cannot force the issue. Rather, I can be an example of healthy self care. I'm proud of us both today. And happy to know that we are learning its okay to have a hard day, it doesn't mean we love each other any less.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    In the green yesterday by nearly 500 calories. Had a really interesting salad at lunch and did a service project planting flowers last night so I kept my mind off snacking.

JFT 4/24/19
    Pre-make all the salad components for easy lunch (Hard boiled eggs, boiled shrimp, marinated garbanzos, shred lettuce and cabbage)
    Already pre-tracked for the day at 1600 calories
    Aqua aerobics class at 11:00
    Reprogram my irrigation system - water keeps coming on at night???
    Install handheld shower head (I have a to do list to get ready for my May 8 surgery)
    No snacking or wine after dinner.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Don’t let work stress get the better of me👎 woke up at 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep because I was thinking about work

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Healthy snack after dinner
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday April 23 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :):)
    Plank Challenge - :# I didn't do the planks, but throughout the day I managed to do 80 squats and 20 of those with a 5lb weight. I'm not taking the planks off, because I want to do them again.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :):) Again I fought through it! 3 nights in a row now!
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Wednesday April 24 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a great day yesterday, I studied and realize I know more than I thought I knew about financial management. I need to learn the acronyms and definitions and study it a bit harder but I am feeling better about it. I sent Sarah an email telling her that and she sent back some videos on how they do their presentations for me to study. I am going to read through the links again and also click on other links that are on the page. I will do this daily until I have the interview. 3 more weeks to go!

Rodger had a good first day at work yesterday and found out that because of his seniority he'll earn this year he should be called back another 3 weeks earlier next year if he is laid off in the Winter. They are also training him this year for a position that works year round though. So we'll see. I will only count on him working year round when it's offered and the paperwork is signed.

Today my plan is to do some more studying, do some cleaning, go for a walk and I have to make a Birthday card for my Mom and some Mother's Day cards. The Grands come for supper tonight and I need to run out to the store when Rodger gets home to get some groceries. If I only had money, I would be happy being at home I think.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

A NSV! I mentioned how when DH is in a mood, it affects me a lot. Well, he was in one yesterday! But I let it roll and did not feed into it. Reminding myself I cannot take peoples actions so personally all the time. I went to bed early and got to work early this morning. DH ended up apologizing for his attitude! He's working on his mental health and it showed when he took responsibility for his actions without any intervention on my part - another reminder to me that HE is the only one who can help himself and I cannot force the issue. Rather, I can be an example of healthy self care. I'm proud of us both today. And happy to know that we are learning its okay to have a hard day, it doesn't mean we love each other any less.

Eugh i REALLY need to learn not to react to my partner!! I take it personally, well he does direct his frustrations at me but i react and make a bad situation worse.
    Is there anything in particular you did to stop yourself reacting?
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »

Eugh i REALLY need to learn not to react to my partner!! I take it personally, well he does direct his frustrations at me but i react and make a bad situation worse.
    Is there anything in particular you did to stop yourself reacting?

Yep, I hear that! Yesterday I had a good day so my fuse was not as short as usual, which helped, but I know I cant always count on it. I physically left the room when I was feeling my emotions building up - and muttered a few not so nice things in private! I ate dinner by myself instead of waiting on him. I focused on me, not him. And I was mindful of my reactions - I'm prone to sighing and eye rolling so I was literally holding my breath at some points :D I'm adding it all to my list of things to practice - just like healthy eating I know I'm not going to be perfect all the time but all I can do is try to be a little better than I was yesterday!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Awesome job on the studying, sounds like youll be well prepared for your interview come the time! Enjoy the time with the grands. And GREAT news about Rodger's position, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Would love to see your cards when youre all done!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @nlmackey98 I know I have not interacted with you much - but I just wanted to say you're perseverance and honest feedback in this group has really inspired me! Thanks :)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    mirihawk wrote: »
    I'm cooking the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot. Finally. They have a sell by date of tomorrow though so they should be fine (I had planned to cook them on Sunday!!). I'm slowly catching up my kitchen after the dishwasher debacle of last week (First work problems, I know, but I don't do well without one!). Still waiting for the part for the refrigerator shelf. (The dishwasher, disposal, and refrigerator all developed problems last week.)

I need to drink more water, I'll go get the bottle after I post this. And I need to put a pan of water on the stove for the spaghetti (I'm making a chicken in (light) cream sauce spaghetti dish (am I allowed to post a link, as long as I'm not selling? I'm just a fan) <a href="https://simple-nourished-living.com/pioneer-woman-chicken-spaghetti-made-lighter/?ck_subscriber_id=298693411#wprm-recipe-container-51640"&gt; Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Made Lighter </a>

I didn't take a lunch break today - typical Tuesday, maybe a little crazier than usual.

I'm at 6000 steps - my daily goal is 6500 during the week, I may have to walk around my apartment tonight before bed.

It's great to see everyone's goals and things, really helps me to stay the course. Nice to start recognizing the names and the goals...

That recipe looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! Always love a good suggestion so I'm not fumbling thru a million choices hoping its good!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Love your easter pictures you and the family are so beautiful and sassy!!!

Anyone heard from @cschmitz110515 lately?