JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Checking in!

Yesterday:
    1. play an hour of racquetball tonight <3

Love this!! Wish you lived close by so we could play together. (Texas by any chance?) Not many people play my favorite sport. I haven’t played in a long time, but would love to get back into it. How often do you play?

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Holy crow! I logged in today and was behind by 8 pages! I skimmed most of them so I think I'm pretty much caught up on everything. Lol.

So Matt still isn't feeling much better. He has a gastro appointment this afternoon. I had our GP fax over all the notes and test results to the office so they have everything. I did some research last night because the gastro office website said to inform yourself and they had a whole library worth of articles about different gastro things but I couldn't find anything that matched most of the symptoms that Matt has. Matt did go to work today. So I'm hoping and praying that he can make it through at least part of the day today. He's been on the clock for 20 minutes. So please send up some prayers that it will be an easy day for him and that he can make it through his shift. He's only staying until 2 because the gastro is at 3:15.

So I'm going to start my first day as a sub on Tuesday I think. I have absolutely NO IDEA what to expect. Lol. So I'm kinda freaking out about that but I think that it will be fine. I spent some time with D yesterday picking her brain about different things. So I think I am at least a tad bit more prepared than I was two days ago. Lol. I still have to pick my assignment but I think I am going to wait until Monday afternoon/night because I want to see if there is an opportunity to work at D's school. There aren't any jobs there yet but I'm hoping that something comes up. I would feel so much more comfortable if I could be in the same school as her.

Okay! Onto some goals!

JFT, 4/25/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Throw out the chocolate cake/frosting(it isn't doing you any favors)
    3. Go to the gym/take a walk
    4. Take out money for the doctor
    5. Do morning/night routine
    6. Doctor appointment(make a list of questions/bring a notebook)
    7. Call C
    8. ACTUALLY MAKE DINNER
    9. DO THE DISHES!!!!
    10. Bring trash can to the end of the driveway

Okay, I think that that is good for now.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member

So Matt still isn't feeling much better. He has a gastro appointment this afternoon. I had our GP fax over all the notes and test results to the office so they have everything. I did some research last night because the gastro office website said to inform yourself and they had a whole library worth of articles about different gastro things but I couldn't find anything that matched most of the symptoms that Matt has. Matt did go to work today. So I'm hoping and praying that he can make it through at least part of the day today. He's been on the clock for 20 minutes. So please send up some prayers that it will be an easy day for him and that he can make it through his shift. He's only staying until 2 because the gastro is at 3:15.

So I'm going to start my first day as a sub on Tuesday I think. I have absolutely NO IDEA what to expect. Lol. So I'm kinda freaking out about that but I think that it will be fine. I spent some time with D yesterday picking her brain about different things. So I think I am at least a tad bit more prepared than I was two days ago. Lol. I still have to pick my assignment but I think I am going to wait until Monday afternoon/night because I want to see if there is an opportunity to work at D's school. There aren't any jobs there yet but I'm hoping that something comes up. I would feel so much more comfortable if I could be in the same school as her.

Okay! Onto some goals!

JFT, 4/25/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Throw out the chocolate cake/frosting(it isn't doing you any favors)
    3. Go to the gym/take a walk
    4. Take out money for the doctor
    5. Do morning/night routine
    6. Doctor appointment(make a list of questions/bring a notebook)
    7. Call C
    8. ACTUALLY MAKE DINNER
    9. DO THE DISHES!!!!
    10. Bring trash can to the end of the driveway

Okay, I think that that is good for now.

Have a great day everyone!

Hoping all goes well at Gastro appt. & that whatever’s going on will have easy resolution. y’all need some answers, at the very least.

Hugs!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT April 25th:

Drink water before meals/snacks
    45 minute workout
    10000 steps
    mindful eating all meals/snacks
    log after eating/evaluate fullness

Keeping it simple again, that seems to be working best for me while in my busy season and dealing with pms/stress. Everytime I start to feel like it's not working just need to look back at the weight loss graph and see the very slow descent and I know my hard work is paying off despite setbacks and plateaus. Plus I do feel much better than I have in years. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Weds
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Start water NOW :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - figure out what? :)
    5. Work until 5 :)
    6. Complete 3 tasks on work to do list :)
    7. Empty dishwasher >:)
    8. Put moms dishes/pan next to door to return >:)
    9. Check hot tub chemistry :)
    10. Smile! :)

JFT Thurs
    1. Log all food
    2. Start water now
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - what?
    5. Empty dishwasher
    6. Be positive & smile!

I went to Vitamin Shoppe to pick up more protein powder on my lunch break yesterday. I stumbled across a different brand that was still organic and vegan (I'm not vegan I just cant do whey protein powders) but it was 50% off cause it was matcha flavor. I figured what the heck I'll try it. It rang in at 75% off! So $10 for about a months worth of breakfasts. Tried it this morning and I actually like it better than my usual! Unfortunately I think the flavor is discontinued but I'm still stoked on that deal!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 Hiiiii!!! Missed you! Sorry Matt is still poorly :( Did the Gastro office have any articles on gastroparesis? I suffered from that in my teen years after a virus and lots of stress. It was similar to what Matt is experiencing. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastroparesis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355787

Exciting news about starting the new job! Wishing you the best of luck. And of course, keep up posted on how it goes!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Wednesday April 24 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - :D Not planks, but 100 squats throughout the day. 20 at a time.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Thursday April 25 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a fairly productive day yesterday in between long phone calls. I made a card, went for a short walk, the wind was terrible. Got some groceries, spent some time with Lauryn and the kids. Lauryn soldered a hook on the back of the tray I had decorated, so I have been able to hang that now.

Today I am going to read the links for the job again, look for other jobs too just in case and my bed is being delivered. I also want to do some rearranging of furniture. Might not get out for a walk today, we'll see how my legs are feeling after all of my cleaning and rearranging.

I need to not spend all day on a phone or on social media.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    @aubyshortcake Thank you.
    Love you🌹💝
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Yesterday was basically a break even calories wise. My aqua aerobics was surprising vigorous and I was body weary from it. It made me SOOOO hungry all day. Little mini snack through the day did me in calorie wise. The big success yesterday was evidence of some habit changing (at a glacial speed) is that I refused to have an after dinner snack as my calories eaten already were too high. Early to bed again - this is my way to fight the Snack Attack.
    @maryrobinson40 - What a great accomplishment. Congratulations. It's inspiring.

JFT 4/25/19
    Pre Track the day 1600- small breakfast, larger lunch today, high protein drink before or after workout to control snacking
    Visit out patient surgery center for orientation and health screening- May 8 is coming (knee replacement)
    Gym 25 min stationary bike/20 min weights or 30 minutes lap swimming
    No snacking or wine after dinner
  • hellerhoneybee
    hellerhoneybee Posts: 13 Member
    @maryrobinson40, awesome about your blood pressure!!! That is quite an achievement, and you should be totally proud of that!

I think someone mentioned PCOS several pages back.. That is something I also have to deal with along my journey, so I'm at risk for all kinds of issues like diabetes, high blood pressure/cholesterol, insulin resistance.....and the list goes on. It is a huge struggle, and especially because the scale doesn't cooperate most of the time, even when I'm trying so hard! Anyway, I've been on blood pressure medication most of my adult life, but thankfully I haven't struggled with my blood sugar so I'm not diabetic--though I'm still at risk as I age. So, while sometimes it makes me want to give up, I just can't because I've watched too many people with diabetes really struggle even more. It just makes everything harder, and I don't want that for myself.

Anyway, on to some goal check-in from yesterday:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast - it was good, except for the sodium; but i stayed full because of the protein!
    2. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable) - oh yeah, 100%; i'm on a roll now!
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal - i did so well, i even had room for a small ice cream cone last night, and was still in the green!!
    4. Be positive as much as possible - this is getting easier as i do it more
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain - also getting easier; as they say, practice makes perfect
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work - oh yeah, i got to scratch several things off my list yesterday!!
    7. Send birthday card to my brother - done!
    8. Do 30 minutes cardio - i think 45 minutes of ping pong counts!

Now for today's goals:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast
    2. Log at least 75% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable)
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal
    4. Be positive as much as possible
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work
    7. Get my stationary bike out of storage, clean it up, and order a new power cord for it
    8. Do 30 minutes cardio or strength exercise
  • Snowflake1968
    @AJB1014 - "prone to sighing and eye rolling" I swear we are twins. My face speaks volumes even when I've managed to keep my mouth shut. I get it! You are so smart to leave the room. I never do that.

@hellerhoneybee - It's such a balancing act trying to stay off social media and computers in free time, but still wanting to interact with a group that is encouraging and motivational. I think when I start back to work, I will make this group and the 10 day challenge my priority and the rest can fall to the wayside if necessary. I don't want to give those two up as I feel they have helped me the most.

@clicketykeys - I'm so sorry the observation did not go well. I have no words of wisdom to help you, just know I'm thinking of you.

@Iseed87 - That sounds like an interesting challenge.

@Elbee1 - You're getting your water in, that's great. Are you actually getting to bed at midnight? That's earlier than normal isn't it?

@littleblackskirt - It sounds like you had a lovely day. The water retention is probably adding to the scale weight, don't give up.

@nlmackey98 - I smiled the whole time I read your post. So many accomplishments in one day. I'm so happy for you.

@maryrobinson40 - I just love all of your pictures, and what incredibly good news about your blood pressure! You are kicking butt and taking names!

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope the gastro place has some answers for Matt and that it is easily fixed. I'm so happy for you to start your new job, it sounds like you will love it.

@lafayettenana - I have been eating supper later this week and that has been helping me with the evening snacking. I also have brushed my teeth when it is getting hard to battle. When all else fails I go to bed too.
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Checking in!

Yesterday:
    1. play an hour of racquetball tonight <3

Love this!! Wish you lived close by so we could play together. (Texas by any chance?) Not many people play my favorite sport. I haven’t played in a long time, but would love to get back into it. How often do you play?

Ah you need to come to NJ so we can play together!!! We have an LA Fitness gym here and you can reserve a court to play. Honestly if you can find a gym, you could probably go solo and practice your swings! I go every tuesday and thurday. Started going for my mental health, now it's turning into great exercise lol! Glad to hear you like the sport as well :) it's great fun!
  • ArtsieSarah
    Yesterday April 24th:
    Stay in the green - <3
    have 500 or more calories left over from exercising - NOPE :/ too many Easter leftovers to enjoy but luckily they're all gone now
    attend swimming - <3
    no buying daytime snacks! - <3
    only dinner after work - NOPE. had to finish the keylime pie from Easter...

Anyone else have a hard time with night time eating? I just want to get home from work and relax, and relaxing entails something sweet to eat. Maybe I should look at weight watchers desserts or 100 calorie cookie packs? hmmmm...

Today's goals April 25th:
    Stay in the green
    have 500 or more calories left over from exercising
    attend racquetball
    no buying daytime snacks!
    only dinner after work (planning easter ham sandwich and cooked carrots)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Consistency
    Fluids+
    Exercise+
    Logging :s
    Think I'm getting sick. Went to bed early yesterday and barely woke up today. Going to repeat tonight. Need to convince dh to not personalize rental process and accept current applicants. Finally faced there isn't any other way to fight the credit card fraud and pay that &()* and try to move on. Maybe I'm not sick and it's just the craziness of dealing with dh. 5 weeks till summer vacation - 31 work days left
  • Snowflake1968
    Yesterday April 24th:
    Stay in the green - <3
    have 500 or more calories left over from exercising - NOPE :/ too many Easter leftovers to enjoy but luckily they're all gone now
    attend swimming - <3

Anyone else have a hard time with night time eating? I just want to get home from work and relax, and relaxing entails something sweet to eat. Maybe I should look at weight watchers desserts or 100 calorie cookie packs? hmmmm...

Stay in the green
    attend racquetball

I snack every evening. I was raised to have a nighttime snack and it’s not something I am willing to give up. I work hard to make sure I have calories for it. When I’m really determined and dedicated I will exercise to have it if I don’t have enough left from my meals. I tend to be able to avoid things during the day easier than the evening.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    @Snowflake1968
    Woow look at your smileys! Smashing those squats and basically everything!
    Your positive attitude and calmness are very inspiring. :)
    Regarding planks, I never understood what's a big deal about them, until I tried to do one :D They are very, very nasty :)

@hellerhoneybee
    Please don't ever give up because of PCOS! If anything, we should be more motivated to live healthier. It's very possible to lose weight with PCOS and even with thyroid issues...it "only" requires patience and commitment. There are many positive examples out there. Although I am overweight at the moment, I have lost weight in the past, while having both pcos and thyroid issues. Please don't take this as if I am negating the struggle, because it really is challenging in many ways. I just want to say - we can do this :) One day at the time :)
    I like a lot your "mindfulness task"!
  • ArtsieSarah
    Yesterday April 24th:
    Stay in the green - <3
    attend swimming - <3

Stay in the green
    attend racquetball

I snack every evening. I was raised to have a nighttime snack and it’s not something I am willing to give up. I work hard to make sure I have calories for it. When I’m really determined and dedicated I will exercise to have it if I don’t have enough left from my meals. I tend to be able to avoid things during the day easier than the evening.

OMG you are genius. I will start leaving extra calories for my night time snack, I know it seems silly but I never even thought about adjusting everything else to accommodate that. THANK YOU!!!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT April 25th:

Drink water before meals/snacks :)
    45 minute workout :)
    10000 steps :)
    mindful eating all meals/snacks :)
    log after eating/evaluate fullness :)

Pretty great day eating wise, definitely was more conscious of my feelings of fullness and when I ate too much/too little. Definitely ate too little at breakfast and was starving after working out. Didn't overeat at lunch or dinner, and really made good choices. Even had a buttery baked potato that was within calories. Now the weekend is coming which is always way harder for me staying on track. Movie tomorrow so that means popcorn/candy/dinner out, plus wine with hubby.

JFT
    4/26

Drink water with/before meals/snacks
    30 minute workout -not running
    8000 steps
    mindful eating of all meals/snacks
    choose healthy/lighter fare during the day
    Planned indulgence at dinner-stay within calories but enjoy!
    Go to bed by 10
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Today I had a lot to do, which was actually a good thing, I love that feeling of "action" and doing things I need to do.
    The bad side of it is that my mindfulness about eating disappears as I dive into work. That's just something I yet need to learn - how to do my work without indulging in mindless snacks.

So, since the day hasn't gone well regarding eating, to stay positive, I'll write something good I've done these days:
    Yesterday (and also last week) I made homemade hummus from dry chickpeas - that included soaking, cooking and finally making hummus. That way I have it ready in the fridge throughout the whole week. Store bought we have available here is pretty expensive and I would say not too healthy from the ingredients list. I made it with chickpeas, olive oil, lemon, and sesame paste, and use it as a dip for veggies like sliced carrots, cucumbers...
    Since I am actually not very good in the kitchen, I feel pretty proud of it :)

Another good thing I've been doing these days is homemade kefir. It's incredibly easy to do it and should be healthy with all those probiotics in it. The process of making it is pretty satisfying too - it's made with kefir grains, a living organism that needs to be fed daily. It feels like having some weird pet that makes me delicious drink every morning :smiley:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 25 April

Log accurately >:) not logged yet, too tired to do so will try to catch up tomorrow
    Stay in the green >:) probably not
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) pushed myself and got there
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge >:) no time unless mindless lawn mowing counts. It had to be done otherwise it would be a jungle soon!
    April challenge :) finished the day feeling that I had done all the essential work tasks

Good night everyone