JFT 4/25/19 Thurs.
    Weight:
    Stay in Green
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Bedtime: 12am
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the #75hard challenge on instagram from the 1stphorm company. Today was day 50.

75 days of
    1. daily picture each day
    2. read 10 pages of inspirational books
    3. stick to a "diet" no cheat meals + no alcohol
    4. gallon of water
    5. two workouts, one must be outside
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 25 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. drink 3 glasses of water whilst at work.
    2. one caffeinated coffee only.
    3. go for a walk at lunch.
    4. stay under calories for the day.

Really pleased i managed all of these after the total *kitten* show yesterday was.

Thursday:
    1. Walk at lunch
    2. Stay under calories
    3. Write up rough training plan
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Not sure when I last posted so not going to try and find my goals for whatever day it was. I ate too much over the long weekend, and was tempted to give up altogether. My scales were showing a gain, which is so disheartening. The painkillers I'm taking have side effects, and i have a lot of fluid retention.
    My sensible head tells me I have to keep going, even if I can't see any weight loss. The warm weather over the weekend has been a reminder that summer is more enjoyable when I weigh less, not all hot and sticky...and I'm not at that point yet!

So, the banoffee pie is finished, yesterday I was in the green, and I'm back trying my best.

JFT 25th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Go for mammogram
    Walk with friend
    Ironing
    Do some tax stuff, getting urgent!

Positive thought - Visited a garden nursery with my sister-in-law and bought a few really cheap plants, bargain!
    It was a very basic nursery in the country. When we were there the pigs escaped from their field and all 3 of them followed me round the polytunnel. They were big! It was so funny, I took a photo, not sure how to put it up here though.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys I’m so sorry about the observation. How annoying that the observer didn’t listen to you! Sometimes I wish they would step back and realise just how lucky they are to have staff who care as much as we do. I hope you enjoyed your whiskey and your meal with hubby. Hugs x

I’m late checking in as went out to a pre-work Warrior class this morning. Will post goals now and check in properly this evening. X

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - early to school (choir) ✅
    - stick new worksheets and brief cover ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - planning time (1 snack only) ❎ too hungry! Only fruit/veg snacks though
    - health food store and tan after work ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Thursday goals:
    - pack work clothes and snacks ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - print and trim sheets for next week
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - phone locksmith
    - Kids’ hair wash
    - bed by 9:30
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday

- Shower / hair / makeup - :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 - :smiley: - 7:45
    - Check in on MPF threads - :smiley:
    - Repair GC - :smiley:
    - Breakfast <300cal
    - If time after the GC is repaired work on making Ash methods ISO compliant - :neutral: Partial
    - Head to conference... schmooze - :smiley: -
    - Stop at Hair supply place to get pink enhancer for V's hair - :smiley: -
    - Stop by local sport shop to get a high school shirt or 2 to wear at the crew regattas - :smiley: -
    - Home to let dogs out - :/ Well, I forgot to bring one in yesterday morning, so technically I didn't let him out in the afternoon. Oops
    - Decision Point: I may have to go back to work to complete the repair OR I may be able to go for a hike - :) Mowed lawn instead, way more of a workout than my hikes.
    - 10,000 steps - :smiley: Didn't put my tracker on until 4:00pm and still got 15,545 steps. Yay Mowing!
    - When I get home, do not lay on the couch. Do at least 1 load of laundry and knock of something on the chore list that needs done. Clean small bathroom or clean refrigerator. :smiley: - Lawn took 3 hours, I'm happy with the choice
    - Dinner that leaves me in the green for the day. Eat back up to half of exercise calories. :smiley: Ummm Pizza!
    - Bed by 10:30, I gotta be at work by 6:15 tomorrow. :) 10:00

Positive thought for today: There is nothing on my list I am not capable of doing if I remain focused and present.

JFT Thursday

Work by 6:00 - :smiley:
    - Kids to Work Day Activities. - Wind Energy at 7:15 and Fun With Science at 2:00pm with setup and teardown.
    - Modest lunch
    - Home by 5:00
    - Dye kids hair
    - Modest dinner
    - Laundry
    - Pack for the weekend
    - Probably not many steps due to rain, but we'll see.

Positive thought: I always love working with the kids to show them science can be fun!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👎
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Healthy snack after dinner 👎

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Happy To Be Alive! Good Morning Everyone! Thoughtful Thursday: Thinking 💭 Just because we haven't friend requested, shouldn't mean we can't be friends, liked, or cared about. So I recognize you as a Human Being, and from one Human "BEING" thoughtful, considerate, caring, loving, supportive, etc. I hope that you ALL have a wonderful and productively successful day.☺ Love ya💕
    L
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    b2f99vwsrrkj.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    g9umkxu870ah.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    j2tt6itxw85t.jpg
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    "daneejela wrote: »
    - fix administrative stuff that we've been procrastinating :)
    - fix some of the bugs
    - french reading exercise
    - take a walk
    - eat berries for an afternoon snack :)
    - eat light dinner (some veggies) and nothing after :)
    Not many smiles yesterday, but I have finally fixed company expenses papers, so that was a huge relief for me.
    JFT:
    - fix most of the bugs in the app
    - light dinner
    - eat in moderation
    - depilation

Week goals
    - finish the transport app
    - bedroom and closet cleanup
    - clean upstairs including windows
    - buy flower pots for the balcony
    - depilation
    - buy new underwear
    - find a gynecologist
    Long term goals
    - less animal protein, more plant protein -> learn to prepare some veggie based meals
    - increase folate-rich foods (chickpeas, lentils, leafy greens) to at least one meal a day
    - minimize dairy to 1 cup of white coffee and a cup of kefir in the morning
    - daily walks
    - bodyweight exercises
    - incorporate again dance moments during the day
    - running
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM run - aim for 4 miles, <60 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Pull & check copies for AP activity. Check on SG sub - May 2?
    3. Class 1-2: Grammar practice. "Machiavelli and Bacon" AP activity. Return one pagers and check. Go over sub plans.
    4. Planning: A - MAKE SUB PLANS FOR THURS. PRINT B - Call parents. Duo. C - Research essays. D - Research essays. Check in with coach about weight lifting instruction.
    5. Class 4: Split; work on DOE practice.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Finish essay. Grade research?
    8. Gratitude journal. Walk? Prep Wes Moore plans. Read 10 pages each of Cafeteria and Cross-Training.
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

JFT Thursday
    1. Brush teeth. Take new meds. AM walk?
    2. Dentist.
    3. Reload and run dishwasher. Scrub bathrooms.
    4. Laundry.
    5. Put dishes away.
    6. Pack lunch for Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Friday I need to go to the amusement park after school for orientation. I also need to look for the skirt I was hoping to wear to chaperone prom. :(

Positive thought: I won't remember today. :P
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am so exhausted, I don't know why, I can barely keep my eyes open.

@maryrobinson40 beautiful photos!

@clicketykeys I'm so sorry the observation didn't go as you'd hoped. Some people seem impossible to please. Big hugs 💖💖

Yesterday 4/24:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Clean bathroom counter😞

JFT 4/25:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Workout after work
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good morning on a bright and sunny Thursday!

Yesterday’s goals:
    newbie2143 wrote: »
    1. Track everything/stay in green ✅
    2. Mindful meditation course, half of the exercises at lunch ❎
    3. Walk after work ✅
    4. Check in with JFT group evening ✅
    Did not get the darn meditation practice done yesterday (again) as I had an unexpected department meeting at lunch - but have already knocked it off the list for today (one benefit of waking up early...). Otherwise did well with my goals.

Goals for today:
    1. Track everything/stay in the green
    2. Mindful meditation course ✅
    3. Run 5K after work
    4. Practice mindfulness at supper - nothing sweet afterwards

@maryrobinson40 Thank you for your lovely words this morning and inspirational quotes :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Faebert
    Options
    Good news about me... My blood pressure is no longer in the 180+/90+
    Yesterday's BP check was 149/80... YIPPIEEEEE!

Great news @maryrobinson40!! And 8 months logging - you are smashing it! Lots of love x
  • Faebert
    Options
    JFT Wednesday

- Shower / hair / makeup - :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 - :smiley: - 7:45
    - Check in on MPF threads - :smiley:
    - Repair GC - :smiley:
    - Breakfast <300cal
    - If time after the GC is repaired work on making Ash methods ISO compliant - :neutral: Partial
    - Head to conference... schmooze - :smiley: -
    - Stop at Hair supply place to get pink enhancer for V's hair - :smiley: -
    - Stop by local sport shop to get a high school shirt or 2 to wear at the crew regattas - :smiley: -
    - Home to let dogs out - :/ Well, I forgot to bring one in yesterday morning, so technically I didn't let him out in the afternoon. Oops
    - Decision Point: I may have to go back to work to complete the repair OR I may be able to go for a hike - :) Mowed lawn instead, way more of a workout than my hikes.
    - 10,000 steps - :smiley: Didn't put my tracker on until 4:00pm and still got 15,545 steps. Yay Mowing!
    - When I get home, do not lay on the couch. Do at least 1 load of laundry and knock of something on the chore list that needs done. Clean small bathroom or clean refrigerator. :smiley: - Lawn took 3 hours, I'm happy with the choice
    - Dinner that leaves me in the green for the day. Eat back up to half of exercise calories. :smiley: Ummm Pizza!
    - Bed by 10:30, I gotta be at work by 6:15 tomorrow. :) 10:00

Positive thought for today: There is nothing on my list I am not capable of doing if I remain focused and present.

JFT Thursday

Work by 6:00 - :smiley:
    - Kids to Work Day Activities. - Wind Energy at 7:15 and Fun With Science at 2:00pm with setup and teardown.
    - Modest lunch
    - Home by 5:00
    - Dye kids hair
    - Modest dinner
    - Laundry
    - Pack for the weekend
    - Probably not many steps due to rain, but we'll see.

Positive thought: I always love working with the kids to show them science can be fun!

Smiley faces galore! And well-earned pizza - the best win @nlmackey98! X
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    asclepsia wrote: »
    JFT: April 23, 2019; April 24, 2019
    Stay in the green :):)
    (hanging in there at 162.4 for about a week)
    April 25: 161.4---yes!
    Exercise--15" or 20" walk :):)
    6000 steps or more :):)
    Practice piano/organ--one hour--more like three hours, as I am playing for a Lutheran church on Sunday.
    No practice on April 24
    Clean kitchen :):)
    Mail two cards :):)
    Write bills--not yet; will do tonight if I'm not too tired. :)

Have a great day, everyone! I do enjoy reading everyone's posts, but I usually don't take time to respond, other than like, inspiring, or a hug.