JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday ended up being a total free for all, which I think I secretly knew it would be going in. Maybe that was part of the problem? Anyway, back on track today..

Yesterday 7/14:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within 1600 calories😞
    3. Do workout😞

JFT 7/15:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Do workout
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am back from vacation and a week of indulging and not enough exercise has sort of done me in. I feel awful. Back on track today and heading to the gym shortly. Way too much for me to catch up on but just jumping back in!

JFT:

30 minutes exercise
    eat within calories
    healthy choices
    Tackle to do list to relieve stress

It's the kids first day of a camp that is more traditional (outdoor/swimming/etc) and I'm more than a little nervous for them. I am also feeling a little guilty because they don't need to be in an all day camp bc I work from home mostly but I am so glad to have them out of the house, interacting, and doing a lot of active stuff. No electronics allowed there. It'll be good for them but it's a long day that they aren't used to. I'm expecting them to be absolutely miserable tonight, and come home hating it. Be a parent they said! It'll be fun they said! :D Plus on top of that work is a little nuts today and was yesterday too, my first day back from vacation and I am utterly exhausted and peopled out but can't really relax and catch up on the stuff I want to do for my self care (clean my house, do all of the laundry, get in a long workout,meal plan) until tomorrow. So, enough of my whining, going to get myself to the gym and start the process of making myself feel a bit happier/healthier. Waiting until Wednesday to weigh myself after vacation. Don't need a reason to be upset right now...
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 15 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Sun
    1. Be kind ✔
    2. Water! 👎
    3. Log all food che ✔
    4. Dinner with my parents ✔
    5. Grocery list 👎 OMG
    6. Lake to see pats mom ✔
    7. Reasonable lunch ✔
    8. Bed by 10 👎

JFT Monday
    1. Be kind
    2. Water!
    3. Log all food
    4. Dont finish coffee if you dont want to
    5. Grocery list and shop tonight
    6. Sort recycling
    7. Clean out fridge
    8. Drain hot tub
    9. Bed by 10
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, didn’t post yesterday but I have been reading and sending lots of good vibes to you all. Today it is stupidly late to set goals. I’ve been in a funk the last couple of days due to various things - problems with the ex and his relationship with the kids and then some issues with the bf. So, basically, the men in my life! Took a complete rest day yesterday but didn’t really enjoy it. Today I got up and went to a Warrior class first thing but I’ve finished a good day badly. Need to shake myself out of this and try and enjoy the last week of school. Take care of myself during this time at home without the kids. But I miss them and feel so out of routine!

Monday goals:
    - up and pack for gym ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - Early to work, GaG on arrival ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake, pick up karaoke mic for Z ✅
    - Leave by 5 ✅
    - Groceries ✅
    - Call kids. Arrange play date for P ✅
    - Lay out running gear ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎ but going now so not far off!

I think a good long run will help me tomorrow so committing here in writing to get up and get it done and get back on track.

Night all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @Faebert. Enjoy tomorrow's run and good luck sorting out the men who are making your life more difficult than it needs to be!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    :)
    Monday 15 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) and the scales have finally decided to agree!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

It's going to be a late night tonight's as some guests won't be back until after midnight. YAWN!,!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Mon 15/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds 😄
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😄
    • Follow through 😁
    • Hydration 😁

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😁 7330+
    • 10 mins strength 😄
    • 10 mins flexibility 😄

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😌
    • Morning: continue to sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday. 😁
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week 😁
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😁

Goals for Tue 16/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Make sensible choices at family buffet
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Visit museum to see GoTs tapestry
    • afternoon : continue to sort out clothes for packing for vacation next Saturday.
    • Crochet: Work on the cardigan for next week
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • korina75
    Options
    JFT 7/15 recap

30 minutes exercise :)
    eat within calories :)
    healthy choices :|
    Tackle to do list to relieve stress :)

Got a lot done today, tomorrow will be way less stressful and the rest of the week is busy but productive. Feeling a little better today. Definitely not looking forward to seeing how much weight I've gained back on vacation but it's all good, back at it little by little and hopefully in full swing by the end of the week.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - I hope the men in your life wisen up soon and that you have a good day tomorrow.

@HEGoddard0928 - I wish I had the means to help you. Tooth pain is the worst!

@ZizzyBumble - do you have to wait up for your guests all the time?

@korina75 - I weighed myself last Monday and almost cried as the scale was showing back up to 190. Today it was down to 184.6. I think getting serious about tracking and getting my water in will help bring it back down. It sucks how easy it is to gain and how difficult to lose.

I feel like I’m starting to settle in to my job a bit today. I still have a lot to do to feel confident but it’s getting better. I don’t feel overwhelmed with paperwork right now at least. The lady before me was paper happy.

I didn’t have time to set goals this morning as I overslept and was determined to walk to work today. My hip didn’t like it at all! I’m afraid I need to let it heal some more before I try that again. Hopefully I can post goals in the morning, I did log today though for the first time in 2 weeks!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 10:00. Get shoes from LW. Take items to food pantry. Lifting. D: Publix. Butcher Tuesday.
    3. Read Delusions of Gender and log on Goodreads. Put jewelry away. Practice sheet music. Return WF.
    4. Dinner with B? Bartending course. Set up online discussions; students will choose 6-digit usernames. Put dishes away; reload and run dishwasher. Fold laundry and put away. Start new load.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (I had a 2-hour nap, so this is gonna be flexible.)

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 10:30. Lifting. Run to 10k. D: Unload dishwasher.
    3. Publish a blog post. Practice sheet music. Butcher. Call therapist and set up appointment for August.
    4. Coloring club and dinner with B. Continue bartending course. Create literature test. Practice sheet music.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Another nap today. It's been SO nice. I'm debating if I even want to walk that much in the morning as it's barely getting below 80F over the next few nights and I *should* be able to get on the treadmill in the girls' weight room. Next week the lows start dropping and I am SO looking forward to that!

One of the downsides to Delusions of Gender being SUCH a good book is that I have lots and LOTS of quotes to log. It's almost every other page - you can see my notes here.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Fell off the wagon a bit from Thu-Sun and so was quite heavy when I weighed in yesterday. I didn't log the weight though because I was sure it was nearly all water weight. I'm going to weigh in on Friday as that's the last morning before my holiday, so I will log that weight (and then aim to maintain it over my holiday!)

A busy week ahead in the run-up to holiday. Lots of work obviously. Also realised that my cousin is visiting literally the day after we come back so now I have to clean the whole flat as well (this is not me being overly house proud, it is disgusting). And tonight I have to quickly do a job application! No rest for the wicked.... So perhaps I am not the wicked as I will get a rest next week on my holiday which cannot come soon enough :smile:

Today I am having a chat with my CEO about my career. I'm a bit nervous about it, not really sure how it's going to go. And I'm not really sure what I actually want from her either, other than 'create a new role for me' which I am not sure she will be willing to do. But, let's face it, I don't really have anything to lose through having the conversation. So I will give it my best shot!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in or close to the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo
    - Finish work by 6pm
    - Do job application
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 380 in green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. A beautiful start to the day here and I did my run- hooray! Feel so much better for the time outside and I decided to try and view things a bit differently from now on. Taking my lead from others in this group and remembering to be grateful. Grateful that I have a body that works, that I have the ability to be strong and fit and that I have choices in life. Time to make the most of those blessings. Maybe too much deep thinkng to explain on a busy Tuesday morning!

Tuesday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 18km, 11 and a bit miles 😊
    - pack snacks and schoolbag✅
    - book room for cooking activity on arrival
    - check interview timing with Head
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - call doctors
    - call gym for kids’ induction
    - leave by 5
    - prep for cooking lesson
    - bed by 10

Have a great day x
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👎 after my protein shake fullness wore off, I was starving and I went a little nuts after dinner. Will need to plan that out better.
    2. Protein shake for lunch👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Workout at home 👍
    5. Meditate 👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Protein shake for lunch
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Gym
    5. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! The last two days I've really struggled with eating, today I need to dial it back in. Friday is supposed to be our closing if the title company will send me the paperwork on time (sometime today).

Yesterday 7/15:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Do workout😁

JFT 7/16

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Pick up dinner
  • korina75
    Options

@korina75 - I weighed myself last Monday and almost cried as the scale was showing back up to 190. Today it was down to 184.6. I think getting serious about tracking and getting my water in will help bring it back down. It sucks how easy it is to gain and how difficult to lose.

I feel like I’m starting to settle in to my job a bit today. I still have a lot to do to feel confident but it’s getting better. I don’t feel overwhelmed with paperwork right now at least. The lady before me was paper happy.

I didn’t have time to set goals this morning as I overslept and was determined to walk to work today. My hip didn’t like it at all! I’m afraid I need to let it heal some more before I try that again. Hopefully I can post goals in the morning, I did log today though for the first time in 2 weeks!

So true! It's so easy to gain and so much harder to lose. I was only up by a pound which made me feel better. I sure ate a lot of poutine while in Montreal so I am actually surprised it wasn't higher! :)

• korina75
    Options
    JFT:

60 minutes exercise
    Stay within Calories
    Tackle house cleaning to relieve stress
    Self Care today means Healthy food choices

I have been super emotional so I'm pretty sure my period is on the way. I also have company coming to town this weekend so I need to get the house cleaned and the guest room prepped. Plus on top of that I have a crazy work week. It's all good (except for my period) but I need to build some down time into my schedule this week. I feel like I say that every week though! I am not planning for anything on Sunday-our company will head home (only one night) and I will use that day to binge watch a good show, snuggle my tweens, and relax. I do have some time this afternoon as well so I will get some of the cleaning/prepping done and then take some time to unwind. I have a bowling tourney tonight for a work function so I know there will be at least one drink but my goal will be two at most, and a healthy food choice. Hope everyone had/has a great day. Heading off to get ready and get this work day done!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - Do you not give yourself a chance to recoup and recharge at all during summer break? You just keep going and going. Your notes were intriguing, I may need to read this book.

@bookmeister86 - I hope you have a very successful meeting with your CEO. Where are you going on vacation?

@Faebert - I can't believe the difference writing in a Gratitude Journal has made in my life. Even when things were hard and tough it didn't seem overwhelming when I remembered to be Grateful for what I do have and not resentful that I didn't have enough. There is a book I read called the Gratitude Diaries by Janice Kaplan that really is what started me doing it.

@aubyshortcake - I hope everything goes very smooth and you get your paperwork today. It's such an exciting and stressful time.

@korina75 - I hope you find a little time for some quiet time this week. I find the weeks just fly by, especially in the summer.

I am up way too early with work stuff on my mind, I think I'm going to get dressed and go in early. I have paid some bills, caught up on here and my alarm is just now going off.

I so wanted to walk to work this week, I had this vision in my head of walking to and from work, enjoying the summer sun a bit and giving myself some extra calories to boot. It's not happening today for sure. My hip is hurting so much from the walk yesterday, I only have two of the Advil Muscle and Joint left, I will take them before going to work and after work will go buy more. I think if it hasn't improved by next week I may need to see my doctor.

Onto goals for the day, I'm going to go back to basics this week and see how well I can do. Yesterday was a good day.

JFT - Tuesday July 16
    2L of water
    Log all food
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - Do you not give yourself a chance to recoup and recharge at all during summer break? You just keep going and going. Your notes were intriguing, I may need to read this book.

I've always struggled with trying to do ALL THE THINGS, hahaha! I do a little resting later in the day - I take naps as needed / as I can get them, and we'll zone out to some Baking Show re-runs.

Do you think your hip is hurting because of the transition to more walking than you're used to?
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. Have a great day!