JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So, for those of you who've fought the soda battle and won; I need some tips! I have cut down on the number of day I drink soda. I've also cut down on the size of drink I get; however it's killing my calorie count on the days I do drink it! I don't want to throw calories down the drain, which I know drinking sugar water (i.e. soda) does! I'd like my calories to count, especially because I drink coffee too!

Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated! Also, I walked for an hour today and shot baskets for 20 minutes too!
    I plan to walk tomorrow and hopefully cut back on the soda! :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968
    Woow look at your smileys! Smashing those squats and basically everything!
    Your positive attitude and calmness are very inspiring. :)
    Regarding planks, I never understood what's a big deal about them, until I tried to do one :D They are very, very nasty :)

@hellerhoneybee
    Please don't ever give up because of PCOS! If anything, we should be more motivated to live healthier. It's very possible to lose weight with PCOS and even with thyroid issues...it "only" requires patience and commitment. There are many positive examples out there. Although I am overweight at the moment, I have lost weight in the past, while having both pcos and thyroid issues. Please don't take this as if I am negating the struggle, because it really is challenging in many ways. I just want to say - we can do this :) One day at the time :)
    I like a lot your "mindfulness task"!

I want to do planks as I’ve read from several different sources that it is one of the best strength training exercises you can do. I am waiting for my ribs to stop hurting for more than a day or two before I begin doing them again. I want to knock my husband’s socks off in my dress at our daughters wedding.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Yesterday April 24th:
    Stay in the green - <3
    have 500 or more calories left over from exercising - NOPE :/ too many Easter leftovers to enjoy but luckily they're all gone now
    attend swimming - <3
    no buying daytime snacks! - <3
    only dinner after work - NOPE. had to finish the keylime pie from Easter...

Anyone else have a hard time with night time eating? I just want to get home from work and relax, and relaxing entails something sweet to eat. Maybe I should look at weight watchers desserts or 100 calorie cookie packs? hmmmm...

Today's goals April 25th:
    Stay in the green
    have 500 or more calories left over from exercising
    attend racquetball
    no buying daytime snacks!
    only dinner after work (planning easter ham sandwich and cooked carrots)

I snack every evening. I was raised to have a nighttime snack and it’s not something I am willing to give up. I work hard to make sure I have calories for it. When I’m really determined and dedicated I will exercise to have it if I don’t have enough left from my meals. I tend to be able to avoid things during the day easier than the evening.

OMG you are genius. I will start leaving extra calories for my night time snack, I know it seems silly but I never even thought about adjusting everything else to accommodate that. THANK YOU!!!

Not a genius, I like giving myself what I want.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So, for those of you who've fought the soda battle and won; I need some tips! I have cut down on the number of day I drink soda. I've also cut down on the size of drink I get; however it's killing my calorie count on the days I do drink it! I don't want to throw calories down the drain, which I know drinking sugar water (i.e. soda) does! I'd like my calories to count, especially because I drink coffee too!

Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated! Also, I walked for an hour today and shot baskets for 20 minutes too!
    I plan to walk tomorrow and hopefully cut back on the soda! :)

I love an ice cold Coke. Even typing that makes me want one. I used to drink 2L a day by myself. I quit drinking it regularly a few years ago. The first thing I did was stop buying it and having it in the house. If I desperately wanted one, I made myself walk to the store to get it, this usually involved a craving for chips too. If I wanted one badly enough to walk for it I figured I earned it. I would have it when I went out to eat though usually. I found the biggest thing for me was if I had a coke two days in a row I struggled badly to not have one the third so now if I have one I rarely will allow it two in a row unless it’s the child size at McDonald’s. It hardly counts at all.
    Good luck it’s a hard habit to break but it can be done.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Good news about me... My blood pressure is no longer in the 180+/90+
    Yesterday's BP check was 149/80... YIPPIEEEEE!

Great news @maryrobinson40!! And 8 months logging - you are smashing it! Lots of love x

@Faebert You're A Doll!! Thank you sooo much for your support.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
    Your Support and love helps me sooo much!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Thursday

Work by 6:00 - :smiley:
    - Kids to Work Day Activities. - Wind Energy at 7:15 and Fun With Science at 2:00pm with setup and teardown. :smiley: This plum wore me out today, but the kids seemed to really enjoy it.
    - Modest lunch :smiley: Well more like breakfast... i stole a banana & an apple from the leftover kid smacks, didn’t have time for more
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley: home by 4:30. All I wanted to do was lay down and not move. Instead I ate a leftover piece of pizza and started the dreaded laundry.
    - Dye kids hair 🙃 Nope. I offered she said not tonight.
    - Modest dinner 😔 This is where it fell off the rails. I had chocolate for dinner. Like 1/2 a Hershey’s Chocolate Bunny, I got too tired and too hungry. 2 pieces of fruit before 4:30 is not
    - Laundry 😀
    - Pack for the weekend 😃 can’t figure out the weather. Packed too much
    - Probably not many steps due to rain, but we'll see. 😀 12,997. Not bad for a days with no intentional activity. Just an active day.

Positive thought: I always love working with the kids to show them science can be fun!

Posting tonight because tomorrow morning is completely booked. I’m so tired I could sleep standing up, but there is one more load of laundry that needs done before tomorrow. Love y’all!

JFT Friday

- Up at 4:00, leave @ 4:20, drop kids off for the bus at 4:45
    - Home, shower, hair, makeup, self tanner on my ghostly legs.
    - Get youngest off to school and make sure she is packed and has $ for the weekend with friends.
    - Dog to the kennel
    - Get GPS to the hotel
    - Leave town no later than 8;30
    - Eat breakfast
    - Control snacking
    - Modest lunch
    - Thinking Fri-Sat may be maintenance cals, so stay within 1500-1600 net calories,

Positive thought of the day: My 16 yo daughter told me unprompted “You’re a good mom. I love you!”. It made my heart smile.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    That is a lovely positive thought @nlmackey98 - I hope my kids still say things like that when they are moody teenagers! X
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, posting quickly before I head out for a run. Happy to have made it to Friday, and will be happier when this run is out of the way!

Thursday goals recap:
    - pack work clothes and snacks ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - print and trim sheets for next week ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - phone locksmith ✅ but not successful 😒
    - Kids’ hair wash ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning run
    - Pack fruit/veg and coffee for work
    - email report statement drafts to work address
    - Ask Head re leaving early on Tuesday
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - Do GaG before leaving
    - Leave by 5
    - Some pamper/ self-care in the evening
    - bed by 10

Have a fab Friday everyone! X
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Today we are going to our garden in the countryside...the garden is in the hills, pretty sloped so usually it's so exhausting we can barely walk afterward, but in a good way :)

My job is not to ruin that awesome exercise with junk food.

JFT:
    - avoid junk food
    - eat mindfully
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    @zizzybumble Congratulations. It’s quite an accomplishment to be with the same company that long.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    tlvjh80d6lts.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    niof2pkzhhai.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    ldsnfdpgks22.jpg
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    1. Walk at lunch
    2. Stay under calories

3. Write up rough training plan

Didn't manage to sort my plan because things just got hectic but it will be a job for the weekend.

Friday
    1. Relax - Today's got a lot going on so i just want to make sure i don't get overwhelmed.
    2. No more than 3 coffees today!
    3. Enjoy the evening!
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yesterday’s goals:
    1. Track everything/stay in the green ✅ / ❎
    2. Mindful meditation course ✅
    3. Run 5K after work ❎
    4. Practice mindfulness at supper - nothing sweet afterwards ✅ / ❎

My day started off well, but I lost it after work.... couldn’t get myself out the door for a run and decided to just have a small supper to balance that out and to stay within calorie goals. Had my within-calorie supper but then got into the leftover Easter chocolates later and ended up over goal. Moral of the story: 1200 calories is not enough - I have to exercise every day. I will do better today. Gave myself a ✅ and a ❎ because I tracked but didn’t stay in the green.

Today is a new day, and I will take my inspiration from everyone here who posted such good results yesterday.
    Intentions for today:

1. Track everything/stay in green
    2. Mindful meditation course
    3. At least 30 minutes of physical activity of my choice
    4. Weigh in

@ZizzyBumble - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 🎉 🎈 Enjoy every last minute of today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options

JFT 25th April

Log everything no
    Stay in the green no
    Back exercises no
    Go for mammogram yes
    Walk with friend no, there was only time for walk OR tea and chat, we chose the tea
    Ironing most of it
    Do some tax stuff, getting urgent! no

Yesterday was a bit of a failure, I don't know why I wasted so much time.
    Today I have a few things to get ready before travelling to an AGM on Saturday, and that's my lesson on "why I should not procrastinate". I was summoned from my bed this morning to baby sit for the day as his mum is ill, so now I have to do my jobs with baby in tow. Serves me right lol.

JFt 26th April

Eat sensibly and don't snack
    Back stretches
    Prepare for AGM
    Load car with tools for repair jobs tomorrow
    Enjoy baby :)

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! Once again this week has me beat, just need to get through today then it's pizza night with Alex (husband)!

@ArtsieSarah Honestly I am such a nighttime eater that what worked best for me is to stop eating breakfast. I know that won't work for everyone, but it has helped me tremendously to be able to have a large dinner AND snacks at night. I usually like to leave around 900 calories for dinner and snacks.

@ZizzyBumble Congratulations on your retirement, enjoy your day!

Yesterday 4/25:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Workout after work😁

JFT 4/26:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Stick to 3 slices of pizza
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    4/25/19 Thurs.
    Weight:151.6 lbs
    Stay in green ? didn't track
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water :) Had 5 or 6
    Bedtime: 12am :(

@snowflake1968 Nope, still not doing the bedtime thing, yet (except for once in a while)... nor exercise. I'm posting it as a goal, but not really committed to doing it, yet. Maybe I should just remove the bedtime from my list...until I'm good & ready to really shoot for it? Yep, I'm gonna do that. I know that I will get there, but I've got to get my head into it, somehow. It's coming, I know me...
    Thank you for your inspirational posts! Hope you get a job, soon!

JFT 4/26/19 Fri.
    Weight:
    Stay in green
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water