JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I guess i didnt post goals yesterday. Fortunately they re becoming solid habits again and I fulfilled most things!

Jft Sat.
    1. Be kind
    2. Log all food
    3. Movies with DH! Be present
    4. Water!!!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 20 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) walked about 8 miles along the coast and enjoyed watching seals.
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

It's a beautiful day today and I'm looking forward to going for a nice walk once the housework is done. I hope you all have a good day.

I've had a lovely day despite the early start! Sunshine today but rain is predicted for tomorrow. Clouds are building and I'm not likely to see the sunset tonight. >:)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    On holiday, so goal is to have fun with my family. See you all when I return!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday love!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday July 21
    2L of water
    Log all food

I am going to leave it at that today as I’m having the grands here for the day and then the new bride and I are taking Jonah tonswe Toy Story 4. If I had been thinking I would have watched the first 3 this week to remember what’s what. We wanted to take Michaela too but Lauryn wants to take her to her first movie in the theatre and they are waiting for Frozen 2.

I also have a young cousin of mine with her baby coming to visit today. The baby was born in January and I have to finish her gift before she gets here.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 21 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Been a little all over the place lately. It started with being crazy busy. Then I had a mood dip and then there were some issues with my medication not being refilled for like 4 days. This which lead to some nasty withdraw symptoms causing me to leave work one day and stay home another. Things are back on the up side and I think I’m ready to get back on board.

JFT goals

- Church
    - Maybe walk or ride
    - Clean up a little
    - Church Picnic - eat reasonably
    - Bible Reading - I’ve been keeping up with this.
    - Gratitude Journal - I have not been keeping up with this.
    - Hubby time

A modest list but what I’ve got.

Positive thought: I love that people miss me when I go MIA for a little while. It makes me feel loved.

Oh and I changed up my hair. It was dark and I was wearing it straight. Went lighter yesterday and wavy. The ultimate goal is blond, but we’re doing it a little at a time so we don’t burn my hair or turn it orange. Dark to light can be tricky.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    13f9ttvina7f.jpeg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday July 21
    2L of water
    Log all food

I am going to leave it at that today as I’m having the grands here for the day and then the new bride and I are taking Jonah tonswe Toy Story 4. If I had been thinking I would have watched the first 3 this week to remember what’s what. We wanted to take Michaela too but Lauryn wants to take her to her first movie in the theatre and they are waiting for Frozen 2.

I also have a young cousin of mine with her baby coming to visit today. The baby was born in January and I have to finish her gift before she gets here.

See, id like to take Saskia to the cinema but shes a question-asker. I dont think id come out alive if i took her lol!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    13f9ttvina7f.jpeg

Wow youre absolutely gorgeous! 😍
    I love it, my hair seriously needs a new style lol!

When i was 15 i wanted black hair on top, but platinum blonde underneath. And needless to say it went orange, but i mean like BRIGHT orange, and being 15 i was too skint to buy black dye to cover it and so i just had to rock that look! LOL. Fortunately i was in my punk/rock/emo stage so just about pulled it off LOL!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 - you look great! Glad things are looking up and good to see you back here.

Today I am having a totally lazy day. The end of term stresses have hit me and I feel I need to just let it all wash over me and let go for one day. I am, however, doing some thinking about what I need to work on this summer. I need to try and take better care of myself. I have been pushing so hard and generally doing ok but I know that my lack of sleep (average around 4 hours a night) must be doing some damage and I have probably been training a little too hard. These next few weeks are an opportunity to try and tackle that.

Saturday goals:
    - Warrior class 8:15am ✅
    - grocery shop ✅
    - tan ✅
    - Pick up the kids - yay! ✅
    - get kids to unpack ❎
    - chill and enjoy time with the kiddies✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Sunday goals:
    - rest
    - Research house renovation stuff
    - Make exercise plan for the week
    - Speak to sis re Manchester trip
    - look at IKEA website and make list
    - Bed at a reasonable hour

Enjoy your Sunday everyone x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @nimackey98. You look fabulous, the waves really suit you.

@Faebert. I could not cope with your long days and excercise regime, I need/like my sleep too much and aim for 7.5 hours. I am training the cat not to disturb me before 06:45; family and other commitments mean my husband and I were living separately some of the time and the cat has been allowed to develop a habit of waking in the early hours of the morning and demanding biscuits. All he gets from me is a squirt of water from a sprayer I keep by the bed. He no longer wakes me but my husband is back tomorrow so I expect the cat will try to revert to his bad habits (husband is the soft touch). Maybe I will squirt him and my husband if they disturbed me early!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 21 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) just a quick walk before the rain commenced
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

Goodnight everyone.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @maryrobinson - Just think, you are in the prime of life!! Now if only our bodies knew it too.
    @nlmackey that hair color & style looks good on you
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT Recap Sat:

Healthy Choices :/
    Moderate alcohol :/
    30-60 minutes exercise :)
    Relax and don't try to control everything! :)
    Drink lots of water :/

Weekend has gotten away from me a bit but I have exercised and I'm back at it tomorrow. Had a blast with my friends visit and a break from work a bit this weekend. I have less than two weeks till my next big trip so I want to really work hard to lose a few more lbs and get in some great workouts so when I travel I won't lose progress. Going at it hard this week!

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday evening!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @bex953172 - I bet she would do really well if you told her before hand she can't talk during the movie. It would be a nice date night for the two of you.

@nlmackey98 - Love the new 'do! I have been going closer to my natural colour over the last year or so which is dark brown. I am missing a bit of the red highlight though.

@faebert - I agree with @ZizzyBumble I don't know how you keep up with the routine you have going on and with so little sleep! I would not survive. I'm finding right now I struggle if I'm not in bed by 10 and have to get up at 7. I usually do read for a little bit before shutting the light out. I wake up several times through the night though and have been trying some things to help. I have found something that seems to be helping me a bit. It's rather annoying laying there awake knowing the alarm is going to go off.

I am going to log my food today, but I know I am way over already. I did go for a little walk with Michaela around the neighbourhood looking at flowers, but it was a very slow walk and only a very tiny distance. My hip started hurting again. I am going to try on Tuesday to walk to work anyway and see how I do. I am cabbing tomorrow because I have stuff to decorate my office with to take with me.

Michaela is asking for ice cream after her supper which was after 500 snacks and second breakfast. I guess I better feed her, she may starve!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! LOG BREAKFAST. Chop celery.
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Stronglifts. Treadmill to 8k. Duo.
    3. Library for beading class. Finish "Nightmares" blog post. Continue bartending course. Find example literature test. Set up week 2 discussions. When can students be online?
    4. Practice sheet music. Read Delusions of Gender & update Goodreads. Audition!
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. MM audition July M July 22 6:30. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Why can't I keep up with things? Jeez.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 22 July

Good morning, it's a new week already!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. Healthy dinner
    6. Healthy snack after dinner
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday

90 minutes exercise
    Eat within calories
    healthy choices
    Lots of water
    organize upstairs a little

Have had a really busy few weeks and this week will be a little calmer I think. We are going away for the weekend so I plan on taking advantage of having no plans as much as possible. This week my focus is mindful health. I've been indulging too much ever since vacation and I need a few days of austerity and extra movement to put me back on the track of mostly healthy, few indulgences.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Weirdly, I always like Mondays. It feels like a fresh start to me every week. :)