JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hey @Faebert - Could you see about thinking of it as an opportunity to try out different types of fitness? Yes, you definitely need to give your body time to recover, but you might be able to look into restorative yoga or other low-impact exercise that you haven't tried before. Meditation, perhaps. What about exercising your mind? A few summers ago I made it a priority to draw a portrait every day. It took 20-40 minutes depending on how into it I was and how easily it came along. I'd never done any drawing before (beyond stick figures) and it was really interesting to see how I progressed over the course of two months.

@nlmackey98 is right as well. Having a timeline and a set of expectations (especially for someone as goal-oriented as you) may also be helpful.

@nlmackey98 - Remember that we can't ever truly know "what would have happened." Don't beat yourself up over what happened with your stepdad; I don't think that's what he would want for you. And I think he would be proud of you for realizing how much you mattered to him even if he didn't make it clear to you himself.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Sending you so much love. It sounds like you are taking the very best message from a difficult situation. Give yourself lots of self care while you are parsing through your emotions. That is some heavy stuff. Big hugs!
  • korina75
    Options
    JFT 5/23 Recap:
    45 minute run :)
    30 minute yoga :)
    110 points in apple watch challenge :| Working on it! I've done great today though
    stay within calories :)
    drink extra water :| I did ok today, not great
    5 veg/2 fruit :|
    5 minute meditation :)

I'm heading to take my son swimming though it won't be a ton of exercise it'll be good quality time with him and movement which is good. Feeling grateful for my family today.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    HEY! HEY! HEY!...LOL
    GOOD EVENING BEAUTIES 🙋☺
    FEELING 75% BETTER AND WORKING MY WAY BACK TO 110%... LMBO😂
    You know how I do. Glad to be able to post and say Hi to my beautiful SISTERS(ALL).
    Mild day for me. Laundry, trash, music, and in my thoughts. During my sickness I had
    a reality check... I'm not 20 and I have to let my body rest when I'm sick and no forcing it
    beyond its limits. That's part of why it took longer for me to regroup, because I wasn't
    trying to let the process happen. Anyway... Lesson learned, moving forward.
    Love! Love! Love! You all for your great support. That's one of the awesome things
    about this group... No one has to go it alone unless they choose to. Personally, I'm thankful
    to have people who understand and talk it out with each other so that real healing can happen.

JFT(FRIDAY)
    GOALS:
    TO DO BETTER THAN I DID TODAY!
    TO ENJOY THE THINGS THAT BRING ME HAPPINESS
    TO WAKE UP EARLY AND READ
    SHOWER/GET DRESSED
    GO FOR A WALK
    LISTEN TO MUSIC
    WORK ON MY BEDROOM
    POLISH MY TOES
    DRINK MORE WATER
    GET TO BED EARLY
  • azitaz
    azitaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello:
    I've used my fitness pal several times but not quite consistently. However, this time I am on day 19 of 1200 calories a day, connected to my fitbit versa (an average of 10-12 thousands steps a day), and completely being religious in all aspects. HOWEVER, WITH ALL SAID AND DONE, I HAVE LOST ONLY 1 POUND!!! Is my body in starvation mode and not metabolizing? Should I wait till day 24, and see any hopeful sign? please give me feedback, MFPals...LOL....:) Thanksss
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Thursday JFT:

✔▪Pack lunches
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪Log food / ❌stay under calorie limit
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔✔▪Teenager to school, wait 20 min. then take him to work for the day
    ✔▪Pick up RX
    ✔▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Last day of school for kiddos, early release at 1:15pm
    ✔▪Review Budget
    ✔✔▪Exercise (x2 DVDs)
    ❌▪Organize garage
    ✔▪Evening schedule

👋😁
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday May 23

Log accurately >:) not logged everything yet
    Stay in the green ;) guessing possibly
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) plus 1 mile swim
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :) the swim was a bit easier this week
    May challenge >:)

Internet was playing up last night and I was tired so I went to sleep without posting.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 24 May

Good morning everyone

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thanks so much for the encouraging words yesterday. The appointment went well and I’m feeling more positive about my decision. Looks like a 6 month wait for surgery so plenty of time to prepare!

Also managed to get some work done on end of year reports for the kids, which is always a massive undertaking. I’m resigned to some of next week’s half term break being taken up with writing them, but I’ve got some momentum going and have now done over a third. Yay!

Sending big hugs to @nlmackey98 - you are processing an awful lot right now and doing brilliantly. Hang in there!

Hope all are well and catch up later x

Thursday goals recap:
    - get up early, prep for gym class ✅
    - Warrior 6:30 ✅
    - drop kids to school ✅
    - pack laptop and snacks ✅
    - train at 9:40 ✅
    - reports on train ✅ 8 down, 21 to go!
    - appt 12:30 ✅
    - meet sis for coffee after ✅
    - train back @ 3:05pm (get healthy late lunch/snack) ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Friday goals:
    - 2x reports ✅ 10 down, 19 to go
    - morning run ✅ 10k today, but quite fast 😃
    - pack snacks and schoolbags
    - pack homework folders, plan PSHE lesson
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - pack sunflower plants to bring home
    - leave by 5
    - hot yoga after work
    - bed by 9:30
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Ive had the SAME thing with a nurse, judging me then being wrong! I think they just hate it when youre doing their job better than them lol!

@nlmackey98 Your post was very touching, i think everyone thinks about what they could or should have done after someones death. But in the same way you reflect on the good times and what obstacles you had, he would have looked back on them too, he would have known he was loved. He may have been afraid to reach out too.

My favourite Nana died a few years ago. And i dont know why but i just didnt make the effort to see her? I knew i loved her with all my heart and her me but one morning i got a phonecall off my dad saying she was in hospital but was completely fine. And that was a scare for me, enough to think, i need to make the time to see her when shes out of hospital, to ring her more and see her more!
    A text less than 8 hrs later told me she had died. Too late.
    And then i was thinking, i should have gone to the hospital that morning and seen her.

So whatever happens, however things change, there will also be something else that you should, could or wouldve done. But the moments passed and you cant, but its not your fault, you couldnt have predicted any of it xx
  • korina75
    Options
    azitaz wrote: »
    Hello:
    I've used my fitness pal several times but not quite consistently. However, this time I am on day 19 of 1200 calories a day, connected to my fitbit versa (an average of 10-12 thousands steps a day), and completely being religious in all aspects. HOWEVER, WITH ALL SAID AND DONE, I HAVE LOST ONLY 1 POUND!!! Is my body in starvation mode and not metabolizing? Should I wait till day 24, and see any hopeful sign? please give me feedback, MFPals...LOL....:) Thanksss

I know it's frustrating, and yes you might need to up your calories. Try adding in your exercise points or going to 1400 calories. Try to think of it as a lifestyle change and make smaller changes (maybe switch up what you're eating for a few days, try a different exercise, etc) and try to make it sustainable and long lasting. You also need to make sure that you're tracking accurately, I think sometimes that's a big pitfall. Hope this is helpful!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @cory17 -been through the hip thing. I probably waited much longer for my first hip replacement than I should have. The bone on bone pain got to be debilitating. When the second hip starting getting bad, I moved quicker on it. The surgery does put you up for a few weeks, but the relief from pain is worth it. With my two new hips I have greater mobility than I had for several years previous--much easier to exercise and move when you don't have constant pain.

@nlmackey98 - your story struck me. There is nothing worse than regrets we have after someone passes. It teaches us to mindful of that going forward so we don't repeat. Don't be beat yourself up-you did what you thought you should do at the time.

Thursday, May 23
    Log Accurately :)
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Productive work day :)
    Enjoy choir dinner :)
    Be careful of emotions :)

Yesterday went well (except for fitbit and map having linking problem). Emotionally I did well- had a bit of a weepy spell in the evening when I got home. So sad he is gone, but my life moves forward and I don't need to feel guilt for enjoying the life I am rebuilding.

Friday, May 24
    Log Accurately
    60 minutes intentional walking
    Productive work day
    Make realistic list of things to accomplish around house this weekend
    Make long term list of projects

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Ginny in Ohio
  • korina75
    Options
    JFT 5/24
    30 minutes gentle yoga
    stay within calories
    Drink lots of water-fill bottle 2 times
    10 minute meditation
    Make healthy choices at dinner out
    Enjoy my evening wine with hubby but don't go overboard!

Kiddos are going to my in laws for 2 nights so I need to get them packed and drop them off this afternoon. It'll be a nice break before the end of school madness ramps up. Yesterday I made it to 106 points (out of 110) for my apple watch challenge which was not easy to do! I would have gotten 110 if all of my teammates had closed their rings but two didn't. So I did the very best I could. Anyway, today I am sore and tired and taking it easy with some restorative yoga and possibly a walk if I feel like it but I'm not pushing myself too much. Tomorrow I can do another day of pushing myself. It's Memorial day weekend in the US so basically all the pools open up here in VA and everyone is in party mode for the next 3 days. Should be pretty lively around here! Hope everyone has a great day/night!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM run: 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Meet with M about honors projects. "Triage"?
    3. Class 1-2: Prep for final; write sample essay.
    4. Planning: Grade late work. Enter. Grade projects. Enter.
    5. Class 4: Final exams. Evaluate assessments and assign standards. Select quizzes to replace some projects.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Find sources for project. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages of Shortest. Pack towel?
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

JFT Friday
    1. AM run: 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Grade late work and enter. Evaluate assessments and assign standards. Select quizzes to replace some projects.
    3. Class 1-2: Exams. Grade projects. Grade 4th finals. Enter.
    4. Planning: Grade late work. Enter. Grade projects. Enter.
    5. Class 4: Cover dismissal. Grade exams and enter.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Graduation practice; graduation.
    8. Choose recipes for next week. Check grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Alarm set for 7:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: It's not just me!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @Faebert - are you getting reconstruction?

I'm kind of bleh about Shortest Way Home. I may skip a few chapters and see if he talks about policy at all.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been struggling a lot lately. Last week was the first week I was in a deficit in a few weeks. The two weeks prior I averaged out over maintenance for the week (about 1700/day, I think maintenance is around 1600). Now this week I'm averaging out around maintenance.

This is the week before TOM so I keep getting night time munchies. Apparently honey roasted peanuts are a weakness of mine 😂😂. Yesterday was also my dad's birthday and I ate 3 smallish pieces of cake 😭. I retain fluid like it's my job, especially around TOM, so I feel like I have no idea what I really look like under the bloat and it's really disheartening. I want to get back the momentum I had.

Anyway, enough of my complaining. Happy Friday to all!

Yesterday 5/23:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Go for another walk after dinner😁

JFT 5/24:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Workout after work
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    I’m off work today headed into a holiday weekend so I’m going to keep it simple today.
    1. Drink 100oz water
    2. Swim laps 👍6am workout!
    3. Stop looking for excuses to overeat
  • purwonder
    purwonder Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jesus for the spirit of life that you have blessed me and my family with today.

JFT: eat less carbs
    15 minutes cardio
    Keep my mind on Jesus to prevent stress
    Don’t let evil hateful people shake my faith
    Enjoy everything this day has to offer

SW:322.4
    CW:319
    GW:317
    UGW:135
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Fridday JFT:

▪Pack lunches (for hubby & teen's wk day)
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Review Budget
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Exercise (x2 DVD)
    ▪Evening schedule

School is out for the summer!!! We are going to enjoy a day full of nothing planned!! 😁 We move back home in 7 days so there will be plenty to do in a few days.