JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Bex953172 I think you're right!! Lol!! I hope you are doing well these days. 🤗
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone, I haven't been about much but I've still been making mental goals. And missing them :smile:

I'm back on it now and I'm determined to stay on it. I've put 2lb on since my last post and I know it's because I've hardly done any of my exercises and I didn't hit step target for every day either. I'm not blaming the donuts or

I'm behind by about 30 pages so I'll just sneak in if that's ok and start afresh.

JFT 2/5 Thursday

1. Log all food & drink :smile:
    2. Stay under calorie target :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile:
    4. Stay focused and have fun :smile:

xx
    I was so tired typing the above that I forgot the end of a sentence and I clearly didn't know the date :)

JFT 24/5 Friday

1. Log all food & drink
    2. Stay under calorie target
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun

I also done a quick session on the wii steps. And I'm becoming the house champion of MarioKart This is getting laughs as I had to give up my licence a few years ago :sunglasses:

Have a good day :smiley:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    HEY! HEY! HEY!...LOL
    GOOD EVENING BEAUTIES 🙋☺
    FEELING 75% BETTER AND WORKING MY WAY BACK TO 110%... LMBO😂
    You know how I do. Glad to be able to post and say Hi to my beautiful SISTERS(ALL).
    Mild day for me. Laundry, trash, music, and in my thoughts. During my sickness I had
    a reality check... I'm not 20 and I have to let my body rest when I'm sick and no forcing it
    beyond its limits. That's part of why it took longer for me to regroup, because I wasn't
    trying to let the process happen. Anyway... Lesson learned, moving forward.
    Love! Love! Love! You all for your great support. That's one of the awesome things
    about this group... No one has to go it alone unless they choose to. Personally, I'm thankful
    to have people who understand and talk it out with each other so that real healing can happen.

JFT(FRIDAY)
    GOALS:
    TO DO BETTER THAN I DID TODAY!
    TO ENJOY THE THINGS THAT BRING ME HAPPINESS
    TO WAKE UP EARLY AND READ
    SHOWER/GET DRESSED🙌

GO FOR A WALK 🙌
    LISTEN TO MUSIC 🙌
    WORK ON MY BEDROOM
    POLISH MY TOES
    DRINK MORE WATER
    GET TO BED EARLY

😁Feeling positive. Taking care of myself and being mindful of when my tummy says enough.
    Beautiful day here. Hot! But beautiful. I hope everyone has a good day today👌💪💝
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just Hopping on to let you know I have not fallen off the face of the earth again. I have some kind of neurological thing going on right now that’s causing me to see double. My head has been pounding since Tuesday. I’ve seen two doctors and been to the ER for CAT scans. I’m going to see another doctor this morning. So far all I’ve heard is that they think I had a mini stroke to one of my optical nerves. When I woke up today I noticed my right eye is either swollen or starting to droop so that’s very concerning to me. I can’t see my screen real good so I’m dictating this, so please forgive me if some of the words are correct in my sentences. I will be back posting away soon as I figure out what’s going on and I can see the screen better. Any of you that pray, I could use some prayers right now. And any of you that would be willing to send me some positive vibes, those are absolutely welcome also. XOXO
    My Prayers are with you Sister. Please let us know the results. 🙏💝💝💝💝💝💝💝 I LOVE YOU!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

- Up at 6:30 :( More like 7:30, ball cap kind of day.
    - Work by 8:00 :( More like 8:20
    - Breakfast <300 cal :neutral: I had 4 Hershey's kisses. It is below 300cal, but it was a poor choice
    - Finish us report for Jit :)
    - Lunch <300 cal :)
    - Maybe play with VDA :(
    - Home by 4:00:(
    - Shower get ready :(
    - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony :)
    - No alcohol :(
    - Dinner <800 :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :)

Positive thought for the day: It's good to be loved, make sure the people you care about know you love them.

JFT Friday

- Up at 6:15 to check on my little one who was dog sitting last night. :)
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:25
    - Breakfast<300 Cal :)
    - Mess with estate stuff
    - Lunch <300 cal
    - VDA work
    - See attorney at 3:30 about the estate and becoming executor.
    - Drop off photos at the funeral home for the slide show.
    - Go out to my dad's place to try to find a password for a 401K he has so I can get a value and determine beneficiary. If no beneficiary then the money goes to the estate.
    - Dinner <800 cal
    - Laundry
    - Set out clothes for tomorrows early morning trip to watch oldest row at Nationals. Super Psyched!
    - Bed by 11:00

Positive thought for today: TGIF...

Thanks for all the kind words y'all. It means a lot. I need to get my diet back on track but I have a hard time caring. I just want food that makes me feel good.

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I'll keep you in my prayers and send you positive vibes!! 😇🌹
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Ongoing Goals
    • Rake up more magnolia leaves
    • Declutter mudroom
    • Declutter spare bedroom
    • Store away spare bed linens
    • Laundry in basement
    • Hyundai being picked up Weds 5/29
    • Pick up dress Fri 5/24
    • Hearty annuals for planters under deck
    • Pick up sticks under wisteria arbor
    • Cut plywood for tabletop
    • Tablecloths for ceremony table/grill/snack table
    • Snack/drink table decor mock up
    • Apply for marriage license
    • Finalize ceremony
    • Photography timeline
    • Call Inn with questions re: music/decor/ceremony space plan b
    • Nail appointment
    • Facial Friday 5/31 10:30AM
    • Mulch front yard
    • Trap rock under front porch
    • Pressure wash back deck
    • Paint back deck
    • Paint handrails on front deck
    • Pressure wash garage doors
    • Weed gardens

JFT Thurs
      1. Log all food :)
      2. WATERS :|
      3. Eat packed lunch :)
      4. Cook dinner at home >:)
      5. Two from to-do list; store bed linens and photography timeline >:)
      6. Empty dishwasher >:)
      7. Call car mechanic for check up next week >:)
      8. Request 401k Loan documents :)
      9. Review this list later :)
      10. Bed by 9:30 >:)

Yesterday didnt go as planned. DH forgot we were supposed to go clothes shopping for him. So that threw a wrench in things a bit. But just rolling with it. Final dress fitting tonight!!! AHHH!!!

JFT
      1. Log all food
      2. WATERS
      3. Call car mechanic hes out til Tuesday dangit.
      4. Call Inn, see above
      5. Dress fitting at 5 - leave work by 4:15
      6. Eat packed lunch
      7. bed by 10:30
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @PackerFaninGB. Sending positive vibes you way.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love the kindness on the thread.
    Stayed in the green, over 4000 steps, stayed awake until almost 9:30 (I've never understood how you night owls stay up so late).

JFT 5/24/19
    Pre track to 1500 calories
    Do PT exercises 2-3 Times
    Keep my husband company in the garden while he plants the 6 plants I bought nearly 3 weeks ago
    Have fruits and vegetables as snacks
    No wine after dinner (I've been having fruit or some popcorn as an after dinner snack which is ok)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB sending lots of positive vibes your way!! Big hugs 💖💖
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - thinking of you and sending love x
  • wannabeskinnycat
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I’m sending positivity your way too. Neuroscience is a major force in the NHS and my local neuro hospital is an NHS Centre of Excellence so I’m sure they have others too. Not sure where you are in UK but hopefully shouldn’t be too from one. Good luck xx
  • wannabeskinnycat
    Options
    JFT 24/5 Friday

1. Log all food & drink :smile:
    2. Stay under calorie target :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile:
    4. Stay focused and have fun :smile:

JFT 25/5 Saturday

1. Log all food & drink
    2. Stay under calorie target
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun

Family day with kids and lots of food so fingers crossed I’m able to cope.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    Said a prayer for you @PackerFanInGB
    X
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just Hopping on to let you know I have not fallen off the face of the earth again. I have some kind of neurological thing going on right now that’s causing me to see double. My head has been pounding since Tuesday. I’ve seen two doctors and been to the ER for CAT scans. I’m going to see another doctor this morning. So far all I’ve heard is that they think I had a mini stroke to one of my optical nerves. When I woke up today I noticed my right eye is either swollen or starting to droop so that’s very concerning to me. I can’t see my screen real good so I’m dictating this, so please forgive me if some of the words are correct in my sentences. I will be back posting away soon as I figure out what’s going on and I can see the screen better. Any of you that pray, I could use some prayers right now. And any of you that would be willing to send me some positive vibes, those are absolutely welcome also. XOXO

I have not been on this site for the past 2 weeks ... swamped with things going on. Glad I hopped on tonite to read this Tracie. OMG ... my prayers are with you that they can figure out what is going on and help you. You've been through so very much the past few months.. Hugs dear friend, and please keep us all posted!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Said a prayer for you @PackerFanInGB
    X

Hey Bex ... how are you doing? I've missed everyone a lot on here... been a crazy past couple of months, but I hope to get back to posting more regularly. Hope you are doing well.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - prayers for you. I so hope they figure this out soon and get it fixed.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB -prayers for you. Sounds scary, but good you are getting everything checked out.

Friday, May 24
    Log Accurately :)
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Productive work day :)
    Make realistic list of things to accomplish around house this weekend :) (and have some checked off already!)
    Make long term list of projects :)

Saturday, May 25
    Log Accurately
    60 minutes intentional walking
    Finish chores list
    Grocery store
    Spend time with sister-in-law (depending on family schedule)

So I was thinking about what someone said to me last night at church. I mentioned it would have been our 33 wedding anniversary and she said "It still is. It will always be the anniversary of when you married. It is a good time to reflect on everything you did together. Even if it is bittersweet, it can still be a good memory."

At first, my internal reaction was "You just don't get it." I mean she is younger than me and has her husband. But I try not to voice my first negative reaction in such situations and give myself a chance to reflect. Today, I realized she was right, and she gave me some terrific advice and a great way to look at it. I can always celebrate that date, just in a different way than I would if my husband was still here. So nice to have someone put in your path to say the right thing and help put a situation in the positive.

Ginny in Ohio