JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Soooo.... I came on here earlier and read back a few pages. Y'all are amazing. I didn't even know what to write. I feel so lost and unworthy. I feel like all I do is whine on here. I'm really not a negative person, I'm just a bit of a mess lately. Of course I'm trying to fix it with food, mostly junk food. I see me doing it. As I do it I tell myself I shouldn't, but I still do. Guilt is a b!tch. My once healthy lifestyle has seemingly disappeared. My morning has been awful food wise. Maybe if I write stuff down I'll get my $h!t together.

Goals for part 2 of Wednesday

- Do a mini mock up of a PPE matrix for the lab & submit for approval. I'd rather get input before putting more time into this.
    - No more junk today!
    - Leave work early to go to the therapist with hubby. My appointment is a ways away, but he feels I could benefit from talking. Down side is that I know his therapist and one of the receptionists is someone I'd rather not know I'm cra-cra. Oh well.
    - Met Michael at the church at 5 to loan out some tables & chairs for the crew picnic tomorrow.
    - Maybe go to church tonight. Maybe go home and sloth about.
    - Wash delicate laundry
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00

Positive thought: My aunt and I are working on my father's estate together. It's much easier this way. No arguments, no jealousy, just splitting duties and getting things taken care of.

We all think YOU are amazing! You have so much going on in your life as well, and dealing with your fathers estate alone is emotionally draining. I know when I am having a hard time emotionally, it is just way too hard to concentrate on other things ... hence ... our comfort of food is what we turn to. But please, give yourself lots of credit. You are doing amazing!

I have not been keeping up with all the posts, so I probably don't even know all that has been going on... but what I do know is you are a very strong woman, with a lot on your plate. So give yourself that pat on the back .... know you are doing all you can to stay above water. Big hugs <3
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98
    I agree with Faebert, please don't be so harsh on yourself...I think it's always hard to lose a parent, even harder when the relationship wasn't as you wanted it to be. I don't know much of your story, but what I've read lately sounds like you had a really hard setup to begin with, in the middle of him and your mum. I admire you being able to keep that relationship going on despite all negative reactions from your mum.
    It's very hard to influence the relationship from the child's position. I would say that I have a great relationship with my parents, and they do with each other, and yet, it seems impossible to change their behavior for a tiny bit no matter how much I try. So, please don't blame yourself for what you think you could have done..if you could have you would have done it. He was lucky to have you in his life.
    I am very sorry for your loss.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @Faebert
    You wrote a couple of pages back that you feel a bit worried about dealing with post-op restrictions and going back to the non-fit state...I am sorry you need to go through that procedure...I just wanted you to know that you are a huge inspiration to me (and I believe to others as well). Every time I read some of your posts I think to myself - this is where I want to be in a year or two from now.
    I am sure you'll bounce back very quickly because this fear means that you care...and you sound like a person who takes very seriously things she cares about. Also, we'll all be here cheering up for you during recovery.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB here are some photos of farmers market buys. You're right, not a lot of produce yet, but plenty of asparagus, rhubarb, green onions, spring mix (salad greens), greenhouse tomatoes, eggs, SuzyQ fish, among my favorites. Our 2 rain barrels were purchased at different times. One came from Sam's Club, maybe the other from Home Depot.
    50kinvau1ab8.jpg
    uu3sehvikcg0.jpg
    9d8u5xfccznq.jpg

Thank you!!! I love your idea of buying the herbs to grow also. I've wanted to do that but since I'm not much of a cook, I figured I wouldn't know how to use them anyway. Maybe I'll try that this year too. Asparagus is one of my favorites and I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't turn away a rhubarb pie either. LOL Tonight is the beginning of the Wednesday night Farmer's Market, isn't it? I won't be able to go tonight but am so happy the season has begun!

I think I'll check out Home Depot for the rain barrel. We go there for a lot of yard items. :)

Thanks again! YEA SPRING! C'MON SUMMER! :flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Ongoing Goals
    Rake up more magnolia leaves ✔
    Declutter mudroom ✔
    Declutter spare bedroom ✔
    Store away spare bed linens ✔
    Laundry in basement
    Hyundai being picked up Weds 5/29 ✔
    Pick up dress Fri 5/24 ✔
    Hearty annuals for planters under deck
    Pick up sticks under wisteria arbor
    Cut plywood for tabletop
    Tablecloths for ceremony table/grill/snack table
    Snack/drink table decor mock up
    Apply for marriage license
    Finalize ceremony
    Photography timeline
    Call Inn with questions re: music/decor/ceremony space plan b ✔
    Nail appointment
    Facial Friday 5/31 10:30AM
    Mulch front yard
    Trap rock under front porch
    Pressure wash back deck
    Paint back deck
    Paint handrails on front deck
    Pressure wash garage doors
    Weed gardens
    Put out bird bath
    Ortho outside

JFT
    1. Log all food 👎
    2. Drink Smoothie ✔
    3. Waters NOW 👎
    4. Bed by 9:30 ✔

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. One water per hour
    3. Eat lunch
    4. Hard boil eggs
    5. Mini meal plan
    6. Grocery list
    7. Cook dinner at home

Just a couple little things on your to-do list today? LOL! You go, girl! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @nlmackey I agree with @Faebert , @daneejela and @mytime6630 ! You are awesome, and you have inspired me many times. I'm also sorry for your loss. I have been the one between my mom and dad since they divorced and they can make it tough sometimes. (((HUGS)))

daneejela wrote: »
    @Faebert
    You wrote a couple of pages back that you feel a bit worried about dealing with post-op restrictions and going back to the non-fit state...I am sorry you need to go through that procedure...I just wanted you to know that you are a huge inspiration to me (and I believe to others as well). Every time I read some of your posts I think to myself - this is where I want to be in a year or two from now.
    I am sure you'll bounce back very quickly because this fear means that you care...and you sound like a person who takes very seriously things she cares about. Also, we'll all be here cheering up for you during recovery.

I agree with @daneejela. @Faebert , you inspire me on a daily basis. Heck, just seeing your profile pic is inspiring. I'm sorry also that you are going through the procedure. Is it coming soon? I think I must have missed that post, but I know you were talking about it awhile back. I have no doubt that you will come back from it and kick *kitten*! Are you feeling any better this afternoon since your fall this morning?
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/29 recap:
    Max out points for apple watch Challenge :(
    90 minutes exercise :(
    stay in the green-healthy choices :|
    Mindful eating :(
    5 minutes meditation :(
    Stretch before and after exercise :|
    Drink water-fill bottle twice :)
    Make Dentist appt for Daughter :s
    Make dinner at home :)

Ended up being a crazy busy day and I didn’t stick quite to my plan. Ah well, tomorrow is another day!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sorry ive been MIA. ive been reading every day. So much i want to say to you all. But i just havent got it in me atm.
    Im getting there but.. you know. Takes time..

<3 Hugs
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Had a weak moment in the grocery store, and picked up 6 homemade cookies. And .. proceeded to eat every one of them. Why do I do this! :s I guess its because I have not had a cookie for such a long time ... but I should have just waited, gone back home without the cookies.
    Tomorrow is a new day

JFT, Thurs
    1. GO TO THE GYM!!! Have not been there all week
    2. 8+ water
    3. mindful eating
    4. protein with every meal and snack
    5. 5+ fruits and veggies
    6. positive thoughts
    7. help hubby with work
    8. mow grass if it is not too wet - we have been getting rain like crazy, but luckly we escaped the tornadoes and bad weather so many are having. We count our blessings everyday.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sorry ive been MIA. ive been reading every day. So much i want to say to you all. But i just havent got it in me atm.
    Im getting there but.. you know. Takes time..

I’m so glad to know you’ve been reading. That means you haven’t left for good! You take all the time you need, my friend. You know where to find us! (Plus you have my email address if you need to get in touch with me too! ❤️).

Tracie
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019
    Log accurately :)
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Productive work day :)
    Enjoy evening with family :)

Evening with family had rocky start. SIL who was hosting asked if I would bring salad she likes. I had told her it would be close to 6, she said that would be great. Rush to get there-they ate an hour before (she does stuff like that, I should not be surprised). I vented to one person, who also agreed the timing of what she did was pretty messed up. I calmed down, ate a bit (food was not that good, so glad I made salad). Positive side, since food wasn't that good, easy to stay within calories-so much so I had a cupcake in celebration of another SIL birthday.

@PackerFanInGB -I am fortunate that I can retire anytime I want to-makes going to work much easier!

Thursday, May 30, 2019
    Log accurately
    60 minutes intentional walking
    Productive work day
    General house cleanup

Long day--off to rest soon.

Ginny in Ohio
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Had a weak moment in the grocery store, and picked up 6 homemade cookies. And .. proceeded to eat every one of them. Why do I do this! :s I guess its because I have not had a cookie for such a long time ... but I should have just waited, gone back home without the cookies.
    Tomorrow is a new day

JFT, Thurs
    1. GO TO THE GYM!!! Have not been there all week
    2. 8+ water
    3. mindful eating
    4. protein with every meal and snack
    5. 5+ fruits and veggies
    6. positive thoughts
    7. help hubby with work
    8. mow grass if it is not too wet - we have been getting rain like crazy, but luckly we escaped the tornadoes and bad weather so many are having. We count our blessings everyday.

Crunch! There!! You've been squozen too... Lol….
    Anyone else needs squozen?!
    My arms are open.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    7hk0dqmbhcsq.jpg
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Wednesday JFT:

✔▪Pack work lunches
    ✔▪8 am, get tire fixed➡️took 2 hrs🧐
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✅▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit➡️ate back some of my exercise calories which I'm trying to avoid but I'm still technically in the green
    ✔▪Devotional Time➡️did in the evening instead of AM
    ✔▪Laundry / cleaning
    ✔✔▪Organize garage & prepare for move
    ✔✔▪Grocery Shop➡️Costco,WM
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Exercise (x1 DVD)➡️completed even with baby throwing his tantrum 🤪
    ✔▪Take hubby dinner bc he will be working late at his jobsite
    ✔▪Dinner
    ✔▪Evening schedule

Tough day. Little one's teething was terrible today!! My hubby wasn't very positive today and the other kiddos misbehaved as well. Overall it was an overwhelming day but instead of allowing depression to take over, I put my tennis shoes on and popped in my exercise video. I enjoyed a little bit of time with my hubby at his jobsite while he ate. Now it's time to call it a day!!

You ladies keep hanging in there!! Remember it IS JUST FOR TODAY for a reason!! One day at a time!! Just keep being honest with yourself and start fresh again tomorrow!!

@Faebert I hope you get some rest and recover from falling this morning. Usually it takes about 48-72 hours for the swelling and soreness to subside. So if you wake up tomorrow more sore than today, just allow yourself another day of rest (maybe plan a nice aromatherapy bath). Hope you feel better soon. 😎

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    @Faebert

Love you!