JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @KMatovina - Injuries, illnessess, life events all seem to throw us off course, it is natural to take a bit to get back to it I think.

@jacqui2494 - That wait for a baby is one of the worst waits ever. Enjoy the time with your daughter while you're there. Hope she has a safe and healthy delivery for both Mama and baby.

@ginnytez - I have been posting the same goals for over a year now, the only change I make is if there is a new challenge I want to join or if I just need a major change. It has worked for me for the most part. I am maintaining more than losing right now, but I'll take it as a win. I have learned through this time off without a job, that I am not near ready for retirement. I'm doing ok right now as I've been busy with the crafting and will be busy until the wedding is over, but I want to work and be productive. I also don't like all of the down time. Maybe if I had more money to go with it I would feel better about it.
    That was rude of your SIL, glad you had a salad to eat.

@PackerFanInGB - Getting up without hitting snooze feels so awesome when you can finally do it! I struggled with that for years and years.

@MLHC1 - Wouldn't you know it the day you comment on me posting to everyone is the day I run out of time and can't respond. Go Figure! I see you hubby was chatty at lunch, that's a good thing I bet!

@Faebert - I hope that you feel better today, that sounds like a terrible fall. Maybe this injury is good for giving you ways of thinking about what you will do during your recovery post op.

@aubyshortcake - I would give anything to have a 3 bedroom house again. We currently have a two bedroom, but my craftroom takes up the second one. Starting in a couple of weeks I'll be tearing my craft room down completely to make it into a bedroom for when my MIL and BF are here for the wedding. I don't know yet how I'm going to get everything neat and tidy and fit two beds in there especially when I'll probably be needing some of the crafting stuff while they are here. I wouldn't budge on it either if I were you. If you can afford it, do it! Just read that you made an offer. Oh the stress that causes until you hear.... good luck!

@mytime6630 - 15lbs is great in 3 months, I would be happy being able to say that. Is your daughter's doctor offereing any other guidance since he doesn't want to increase the dosage of her anti-depressants? I'm so sorry she is still so depressed, I can't imagine the strain this is on you and your husband.

@daneejela - I enjoyed reading what you wrote to @purwonder, it's so hard to stay motivated sometimes to keep at this weight loss thing, but if we give up we are failing ourselves miserably. I have been struggling to get back into the losing mode I might check out your suggestions.

@nlmackey98 - I have never considered your posts to be whiny at all. I think, like all of us at one time or another life just sucks and it helps to get it out.

@bex953172 - Take all the time you need, we'll be here waiting for you. I miss you and think of you often.

@maryrobinson40 - I think we could all use one of your squeezes. I'm squeezing you right back!

@bookmeister86 - 8 days, you can do this! The payoff is going to be so worth it!

@lafayettenana - When I get together with my friends one of our favourite activities is just sitting around talking and catching up. Enjoy it and cherish every moment. I am having a high calorie weekend I think, I've already decided that I am going to enjoy this weekend to the fullest. I will be with an incredible group of young women, (I don't imagine they will be acting like ladies this weeekend). They make me laugh, bring me joy and I am so incredibly blessed and thankful to be invited and included. I look forward to hearing about your weekend on Monday!

@korina75 - Sometimes we are stressed for no apparent reason and a good relaxing day helps us. I found it funny the first time I realized MFP changes all swear words to kitten too. One of the ladies in another group typed d-y-k-e meaning the water controlling type and it kept changing that on her too. It was funny and frustrating. LOL

@cschmitz110515 - Sounds like your Assistant Manager is being petty to me.

@AJB1014 - Car problems are never good to have, but hopefully they come through for you. You don't need that expense on top of all the others you surely have right now.

It just took me two hours to read and catch up! What a busy couple of days it's been on here.

I am looking out the window and all I see is an orange haze, towns north of us are evacuated due to wildfires. I hope that this isn't what our whole summer is again. Last year because of the air quality we couldn't go outside in August hardly at all and then when it cleared in September it snowed early. I feel so bad for the people that have to be evacuated and have their homes threatened.

I have another group that I haven't checked in with in a couple of days, but I think it will have to wait. I need to get at my crafting again. One of the bridesmaids will be coming at some point today to get a bunch of stuff so they can decorate early tomorrow.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I’m so sorry about the job. But you did so well with all the prep for the interview and I hope you can take some positivity from the whole experience when you’re ready to get back to the search. And that you can enjoy all the fun wedding prep now!

Not nice news about wildfires - seems like you’ve gone from crazy snow weather to this with no nice calm weather in between! That must be tough.

I also just wanted to say thank you for keeping me and everyone else in your mind and always having such kind and insightful comments for us all. We are lucky to have you here x
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Not proud of it, but today I am such a huge pile of passive aggression...the only thing that gave me smiles today is this thread, specially @maryrobinson40's squeezes, lol. Super cute!
    I'd love to vent, but at the same time I feel like I could get carried on with trash talk, so I won't even begin. Long story short, I feel like I am the only one who cares and is willing to make financial sacrifices to be able to finally buy things we need to move back into our apartment (like a bed, a table and most of the other furniture).
    I hate to be the one who breaks the mood, so, instead of confrontation I just went with the flow and dealt with my disappointment on my own. The good thing though is that I ate my feelings with fruits, so I probably didn't do too much damage :)

On the positive side, this week I made a lot of work for my current client and we fixed many issues, so that is a relief.

@Snowflake1968 I am really sorry for the work, I know you put a lot of effort into it. I think you handled it really well, and I think you should still be proud of yourself! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next one! Enjoy the wedding prep, something will come, something always comes!
    I struggle with long term motivation too. It's so easy to get disappointed when there is no big recent weight loss, but maybe that is the most important lesson of all. If we knew how to stay on a certain weight we won't be here in the first place, we would never have gained the extra weight.

Bex953172 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 Can you squeeze me hard enough to squeeze all the fat out lol!
    Squeeze me til im a supermodel!! :lol:

@Bex953172 you are such a sunshine, with your witty humor! :D It made my day today :)
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options

JFT 30/5 Thursday

1. Log all food & drink :smile:
    2. Stay under calorie target :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile: and I managed 2 x 10 mins Wii stepping!!! :smiley::smiley:
    4. Stay focused and have fun :smile:

JFT 31/5 Friday

1. Log all food & drink.
    2. Stay under calorie target. Meeting a friend for breakfast buffet eek :scream: wish me luck
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I live close enough to the airport that I can see all of the writing on planes as they are landing and taking off. Today I’m hearing them but can’t see them.3e5xc6dllizc.jpeg

@Faebert - last August the whole month was so smoky we couldn’t get out. It started to clear by the beginning of September but then we had our first snow on the 13th. It has not been really nice since.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I live close enough to the airport that I can see all of the writing on planes as they are landing and taking off. Today I’m hearing them but can’t see them.3e5xc6dllizc.jpeg

@Faebert - last August the whole month was so smoky we couldn’t get out. It started to clear by the beginning of September but then we had our first snow on the 13th. It has not been really nice since.

Oh my gosh, @Snowflake1968! The sky is such an odd color! That's just scary and that had to make for an awfully short summer if you had to stay inside. How close were the fires?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    z7m0iyxy80br.jpg
    yz9g5hjvcfs2.jpg
    d8yiqdp4fka3.jpg
    mfoxirx3kksl.jpg

• Snowflake1968
    Options

Oh my gosh, @Snowflake1968! The sky is such an odd color! That's just scary and that had to make for an awfully short summer if you had to stay inside. How close were the fires?

This picture was taken at around 1 this afternoon. The fires right now are anywhere from 3-7 hours drive north of us. Last year the fires were in BC a whole other province.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 That is awful! I hope they clear up and go away! Last year was awful out west for wild fires. Hope we are not in for another bad year.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    30 minutes movement/exercise :(
    Do not eat any more donuts! :D (I'm at an open house and already ate one!) :)
    Give myself lots of space today-I'm feeling a little anxious :)
    Meditate 5 minutes :(
    Drink water :(
    Get through the effing day with a smile on your face and fall apart later :)

I got through the day, feeling so burnt out and tired and kind of annoyed at myself for not working out but I literally just got home an hour ago and did not have a spare minute today. I will have to max out my efforts tomorrow on the last day of May to meet my May fitness goals.
    Husband's birthday today so we went out to dinner and I enjoyed wine and cake so sure tomorrow will not see a weight loss but worth it to celebrate. Made fairly healthy dinner choices. Did not meditate today and I really should have. Hopefully I'll get a really good nights sleep tonight, tomorrow is another busy day but I will have time to get to the gym so it'll be ok. Also had some showings to do but clients decided to go Sunday instead so I get the evening to relax. Can't say I'm upset about that, that's for sure!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    z7m0iyxy80br.jpg
    yz9g5hjvcfs2.jpg
    d8yiqdp4fka3.jpg
    mfoxirx3kksl.jpg

I’ve never been to an aquarium like that! How cool! Sounds like such a nice day! ❤️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Thursday, May 30, 2019
    Log accurately :| Lunch was tricky, but I think I got it very close
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Productive work day :)
    General house cleanup :)

@Snowflake1968 -sorry job did not work out. It can be tough breaking into a new field. I am a big believer that life works out as it should and we end up where we should if we leave ourselves open to it. Had you started a new job right now, it would conflict with the wedding and all of the preparations. With your determination, you will find the right position. The fires do look scary. I remember seeing fires/smoke over the mountains in San Diego when I lived there for few years in my youth. It seems as if we are having way too many fires, tornados, and flooding in the Northern Hemisphere.

Keeping goals easy for Friday. Picking up SIL from Switzerland early and hitting outlet malls and a couple of other stores. I know I will get some steps in. Want to get some shorts from Columbia outlet for my Phoenix trip (I really like the lightweight material). Will also have to check out Loft and Anne Taylor. Pretty sure I will keep calories under control, just hope I can do same with shopping!

Friday, May 31, 2019
    Log Accurately
    30 minutes intentional walking
    Enjoy shopping with SIL

Best to those struggling-it is good you can share, that helps us sort out problems.

Ginny in Ohio
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Thursday JFT:

✔▪Pack work lunches
    ✔▪Breakfast➡️enjoyed a wonderful, unexpected invite to breakfast out with hubby 💖
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔✔▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ❌▪Devotional Time➡️Spent a good part of my day running errands for hubby
    ✔▪Laundry / cleaning
    ❌▪Organize garage & prepare for move➡️Ran errands for hubby
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔✔▪Exercise (x2 DVD)➡️Yeah, I did both!!🤗
    ❌▪Dinner➡️I ate a high calorie lunch bc I didnt eat lunch until 3 pm so I kept dinner light and prepared leftovers for the family
    ✅▪Evening schedule➡️spent the evening cleaning and training the two middle boys how to do the dishes properly

Well my day is ending fairly late this evening!! I'm going to catch up on my JFT reading in the morning. Have a wonderful rest of y'all's day. 👋🤠
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    w6128h9ximm9.jpg
    My Before and After... Pink Dress is my now weight. Subtle Change. Still trying to get
    that first 25 gone.

That looks a little more than subtle to me.
    VA-VA-VA BOOM!!!!!😍🥰🥳
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have decided that I’m not going to post goals or count calories this weekend. This is a once in a lifetime experience and I just want to enjoy it. I will log in each day so that I don’t lose my streak though!

If I don’t get a chance to say hi, everyone have a great weekend!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a particularly good day yesterday. I have the day off today, so got in 'weekend' mode and indulged a little. I also failed to do pretty much any French. But I'm ok with that. I've been pushing myself a bit hard I think and was feeling a little worn down. I think I needed a rest to give me the energy to get back on with it - which I will do today!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green with mini deficit >:)
    - 4 bottles water :)
    - No alcohol >:)
    - Exercise DVD :)

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- French vocab (new + practise) >:)
    - French reading >:)
    - Talk to boyfriend in French >:)
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm :smile:
    - Washing :smile:
    - Gratitude journal >:)
    - Lights off by 11 >:)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- French vocab (new + practise)
    - French verbs (practise)
    - French podcast
    - French reading
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Duolingo
    - French revision (lots)
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 230 in red (not counting red)

Today's positive thought: I don't have to go to work for THREE DAYS. And the weather is meant to be nice this weekend, which means I can have nice walks for revision breaks.

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise Mindful Moderation today: By not having crisps today, seeing as I had them yesterday.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food 👎
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Healthy snack after dinner 👎
    5. Bed by 9:00👍
    Bad storm here yesterday and came home to our power being out until 9pm. Since we couldn’t cook, hubby decided to get pizza and it all went downhill from there. Going to try to regroup today even though only have a half day at work.

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 100 oz water
    3. Spin class
    4. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, that is so scary!!

I'm very sorry to hear about the job, but I know there is an even better one out there for you! Big hugs 💖💖