JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Hey JFTers, I have been struggling since the weekend. Stress was piling up from work, prof org duties (multiple tech issues still not resolved & one new board member is an a**hole), and hubby relations. Ate emotionally, kept up with workouts and tried to log honestly (June challenge). Slowly getting stress under control ~ do what I can, have a plan to get out of toxic situations, and let go of the rest... perfectionism is not my friend. Working things out with hubby.

I'm 101 JFT posts behind & will try to catch up later ~ seriously, I miss you all and want to know how everyone is doing!

JFT R 6/20 ~ Still waiting for warm summer weather to arrive. It was 55 when I went for walk at 6 a.m. which is nice for walking but not when temps only go up 10-12 degrees during the day.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.54 mi 1:02:30 & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks planned / prelog / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Let go and let God
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 5:40 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Prayers to you my friend. You should feel safe emotionally and physically in your home. I like Faebert's idea of writing a letter that is factual rather than emotional describing specifics about what he does and how it makes you feel. It is important to give marriage a chance, but not at the expense of you and your children.

@Snowflake1968 I hope things settle between you and Roger. It does sound as if he could have made the trip back into the city or gone to replace what he broke. I know you love him, but make sure he is giving back that love in the form of respect and partnership.

@daneejela I hope you feel better soon. It stinks to be sick any time, but I think it's worse in the summer.

@bookmeister86 Great job sticking to the plan!

@littleblackskirt I respect you so much for caring for your parents. Tim and I moved home about 14 years ago so that we could be here for ours, but I don't think either of us really knew what that meant. My mom is in the early stages of dementia and we are starting to plan for the future. It is very scary.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Weds
    1. Waters NOW :)
    2. Call Country store for Saturday sandwich platter :) / :| they wouldnt take my order til today though...
    3. Fill out 401k paperwork, mail. :)
    4. Cook dinner at home, soup and grilled cheese :)
    5. More water!!! :)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    7. Wash tablecloths, hang on line to dewrinkle :| 2 out of 4
    8. Bed by 10 :| 10:15
    9. Be kind! :)

JFT
    1. Log food to watch sodium intake
    2. Out at 1
    3. Lunch with mom
    4. Nails at 3
    5. Pick up dog from daycare
    6. Reasonable dinner
    7. QT with DH
    8. Water!!!
    9. Set up air mattress upstairs
    10. Bed by 10
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete

Still in major tooth pain and have a cold, have been prescribed antibiotics now so just start to ease soon.

Day 5/53
    I would love to exercise tomorrow but might not be advisable with the pain, so I'll aim for 1600 cals and 10000 steps
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    So proud of you all... You're Doing A Great Job!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/20

Stay in calorie range 1400-1600 :)
    Exercise 30 minutes :)
    Drink lots of water :)
    Eat mindfully :)

Had a lovely day with my Mom, ate delicious food, stayed within calories, and got a great workout in. Calling today a total win even if the scale doesn't move tomorrow. :)

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

So proud of you all... You're Doing A Great Job!

How are you doing beautiful?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling with this essay. :(
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    I got the job!!!! I’ll try to catch up shortly.

Wonderful news ~ so happy for you!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Type reflective essay. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Finish reflective essay. Submit.
    4. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Check on audition for MM. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Saturday is library day with parents. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP.

JFTomorrow, Friday:
    1. WEIGH IN. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack lunch & dinner. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Read BB during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Note - Tomorrow (Sat) arrive late (~3 PM); can work first week of July as needed.
    3. Text parents to confirm library and lunch.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Saturday is library day with parents. Check on audition for MM. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates. Put jewelry away (Sunday?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Well, it took longer than I wanted, but the essay is DONE. I'm not submitting it, though, because I'm super tired and it's not due until Sunday, so I want to read it over again before sending it in.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone - happy Friday! Just back from a run. Sore today after heavy leg focus in warrior yesterday morning but I’m busy with the kids all weekend so thought I’d get my run in today while I can. Hope everyone is well and I will catch up later.

Thursday goals recap:
    - pack bag and snacks ✅
    - Warrior class 6.30am ✅
    - plan RE lesson ✅
    - print recipes ✅
    - send update email ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 4:30❎
    - Pick up kids and meet N for coffee✅, ask N to sign doc❎
    - health food store✅
    - cooking session ingredients ✅
    - bed by 9:30❎

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags
    - cover year 2 first lesson
    -IM meeting 11-12
    - home lunchtime for car, shake, cooking stuff
    - cooking session straight after work
    -home by 6
    - rest and get P to pack and wrap bday gift
    - bed by 10:30
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I'll just say now that I was working some things out based on a question I was asked at church. You might want to skip the long diatribe at the end.
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I didn't post today's goals last night and it's now 1PM today.

JFT Wednesday
    - 8:30 Dentist :smile: No cavities!
    - 10:00 vacuum out the Acadia :smile: This NEEDED to happen
    - 10:30 meet with financial planner :smile: Quick visit to sign some papers
    - Talk doc appointment :smile: fewer tears than last visit. I really like and trust Mike.
    - Back to work by 12:30 :smile: grabbed some fruit at Sheetz for lunch
    - Gotta get the VN test working and verify that the VDA test is accurate... :neutral: I did it, but nothing worked like I'd hoped
    - Skipping VBS tonight, gotta work late :smile: worked until 8:00 to make up for coming in at 12:30
    - Home around 9:00 :smile: Home a little early because I just couldn't handle another hour at work
    - Gratitude journal before I'm half asleep :( Got really down and totally forgot
    - Lay out clothes for the gym :/ they were still there from the previous night (they are still there today also :( )
    - Bed by 10:30 :( Had a few drinks to try to relax after getting down and stayed up too late. These were bad choices.

JFT Thursday

- Up at 7:00, work by 8:00 :( Up at 7:45, work by 8:30
    - Breakfast <300 cal :smirk: Yes, but it was an unhealthy snack cake. Out of protein bars in my office, but I was really hungry.
    - Check in with MFP before 9:00 :smile: Got here before 9:00 just now posting.
    - Tear down and repair piece of equipment that I had really hoped would startup and run first try. At least I think I know how to fix it assuming I have parts.
    - Lunch <300 cal
    - Run VDA checks according to manufacturer method rather than DuPont Global Method.
    - Home by 4:00 - 4:30 to shower and get ready for the last night of VBS.
    - Pet store to buy special diet dog food for my furry beasts before VBS.
    - Walmart after VBS to get a few things that I can eat so I don't have to stop for fast food (again).
    - Gratitude journal
    - Bed by 10:30
    Going on to the first part of tomorrow...
    - Up at 4:00 to go to the gym
    - Work by 7:30

Positive Thought: My strength comes from the Lord.

Today will either be quick and easy at work, or it will be kind of awful. It all depends on how long it takes me to get my equipment running well. I've been so bad diet wise lately and just can't figure out why. I'm going to state today that I am going to do better. Hopefully, putting that out there will help.

It's the last night of VBS, and my character Diana the Greek Council Woman is not scheduled to appear. She was not in the act yesterday either and the kids kept asking about her, so we are reprising her role and working her in this evening. It makes me feel good that they connected with her a bit. She was a doubter, she believed in gods, but didn't see why Paul's God was any better than the Greek gods.

I don't think that is so different from many of us before we learn to believe in and trust the Lord to have our backs. Our other Gods tend to be Money, Science and Popularity/Fame. These things can all bring us happiness in the moment, but they aren't permanent. It is a pretty hard concept to grasp, there is one all powerful being responsible for everything that is good in this world, but still allows bad things to happen. What is so great about that? Well, He knows what is best for us and answers our prayers in His time according to His plan. He does not give us the bad things that happens in this world, those come from human sin. What He does, is gives us hope and teaches us through the bad so that we might flourish and help others in His name. At least that is my take on it after years of trying to figure it out. I'm a scientist and many of my colleagues think I am addle minded or gullible for believing. Without knowing how and why and without having proof, how can I believe the "stories" in the Bible. Well first they aren't stories, they are accounts. Secondly, I don't need proof because I have faith. I'll admit that it does sound like a cop out answer to the nonbeliever.

They say the Bible isn't supported by science, well I think it is in a way. What about the Big Bang, or evolution, or carbon dating of fossils? Big Bang is really just another theory that can't be proven, but it does give us many scientific learnings we use to advance our society. Evolution dates back to a time before recorded history and is truly just a theory used to explain things that can't be understood without faith. There is nothing to say that God didn't create animals/humans the way they are Genesis 1:25 says "And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good." "After their kinds" gives a very wide birth to how many "Cow-like" creatures there could be. Nobody, well almost nobody, disputes adaptation which we can clearly see in many species. Why aren't modern creatures seen in the fossil layers? How can carbon dating be wrong if science has proven half lives are real? Without the fossils, where would our fossil fuels come from? These were all sticking points for me, and it is really hard to have a secular argument when your answer if faith.

Even after I was saved these questions haunted me and stifled my walk with Jesus. The answer I've come to is that God made the world with everything we would need to develop and grow. He gave us minds to process and conquer the worlds problems, He gave us fossils and the theory of evolution to teach us, fuel to advance our civilizations, etc. There is a purpose for all that God created. Unfortunately, our purpose in life is not just to be happy. Our purpose is to do all things to His glory and to spread the words, works and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We are meant to experience hardships and to grow in faith through them. Because of Jesus there is hope and eternal life. Some hardships seem like they would be too hard for me to handle. I know people whose lives would break me, but they thank God for their strength. They have hope because they know in the end they will be in heaven and that life will be perfect. People who worship money or science or popularity, don't have hope given by the knowledge of eternal life. I often take these things for granted and writing this has brought my focus back.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I just needed to work through something one of my teens asked me. I was not prepared for the question of my faith that day. Teens are rough.

Hey, in 2015 and earlier, I didnt really believe in God, well i just didnt anything really, didnt believe or not believe. It just never really crossed my path.
    But in 2015 I lost a baby, well i had to terminate him when i was 6 months pregnant, they found problems that gave him a less than 5% survival when born, if he even made it to full term. What irked me is i was blessed with good health for me and the baby by a preist when he saw i was pregnant at my Goddaughters christening.

So then came all the questions, why has He done this to me, why has He brought me so much hurt and took my baby from me. And i held on to this hatred for ages. I stopped believing and just coped in my own way.
    Then one day about 2 years later, i prayed, and i dont know if it was just my mind or if He answered but i just got this feeling, not a thought. A feeling, that He had to do this, so i could find Him (when i was blaming Him) and then so i could get the answers i needed and to give me the gift of strength. And i just had the sense my son was being looked after and cared for. It was kinda weird but made sense to me.

Never really told anyone that, but what you said rings true for me. I was weird for me as i didnt really have a connection with God and He found me rather than the other way round.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday June 21

Log accurately
    stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

I'm catching the overnight sleeper train from London to Fort William tonight then tomorrow taking the steam train (aka Hogwarts Express) and the ferry to Skye.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smiley:
    - 3+ bottles water :smiley:
    - No alcohol >:)Had an impromptu trip to pub with some local party politics people after a meeting we were all at (where we were supposed to be electing the committee for the next year) was cancelled when everyone was already there. It was felt that the evening should be spent in the pub instead.... Had a good time and met some new ppl so I don't regret it. I took in quite a lot of beer calories, which is annoying as it's wiped out (nearly) the calories I'd 'banked' for the weekend.... However I didn't get any food which I'm quite pleased about
    - Exercise DVD :smiley:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smiley:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- Read response cards x2 :smiley:
    - Meditate :smiley:
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo :/just one due to pub trip
    - Gratitude journal due to pub trip...

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 3+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6pm

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

Weekly calorie balance: 210 in the green

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 14th: >:):smiley:
    June 15th: >:):smiley:
    June 16th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 17th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 18th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 19th: :smiley::smiley:

Happy Friday everyone!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Walk 6000 steps yes 8500
    Practice guitar ,,,,no
    Card and flowers organise ,,,yes
    Stay “under “. Um no!
    30 min tidy mess no
    50 min work on model making at least ,,,, 1.5 hours yes
    Check back in. No

So not too consistent here . Such a busy day my attention feels fractured.

Jft
    Band practice
    Practice guitar
    50 min modelmaking
    Stay under
    Bike ride

Good luck everyone!

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 954 Member
    Options

JFT 20th June

Eat sensibly, stay under maintenance huge failure. I went shopping for my Mum and bought myself salad and fruits. I didn't eat any of it, I went to the chippy in the evening
    Back exercises forgot
    Take car into garage yes, went smoothly
    2 appointments for father in town one went well, the other refused to help as the staff member I was to see was off sick. They need to train up more staff!
    Collect dogs for the day yes, dogs are always overjoyed to see you, it's lovely
    Try and do housework with 2 big hairy dogs wanting to play Nope, was very tired, blaming the painkillers I'd taken so I could go into town. Playing in the garden was more fun :)

JFT 21st June

Not sure what to put today, still very tired. I never sleep well, but this is worse than normal.
    So an easy day

Eat sensibly. Should be able to keep to this as there is nothing "naughty" left in the house ;)
    Walk with friend.
    Visit parents.

@Fitforevermore , hope your tooth pain is soon sorted.

@ZizzyBumble , the steam train, you lucky thing! I had a holiday in Fort William with my husband many years ago, the steam train wasn't running that week, but we hoped to return for a ride on it one day. Of course, he died and it never happened. We did drive to Skye in the car and ferry though, the scenery is stunning. I would have enjoyed the scenery more on the train, I get car sick!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Meditate 👍
    4. Drink 150oz water👍
    5. Healthy snack after dinner 👍

JFT Friday!
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Meditate
    4. Lunch out-make healthy choice
    5. Healthy snack after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday! I need to be quick again but I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Yesterday 6/20:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!😞
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 6/21:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch
    5. Finish work at 5:30
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/21

Eat in Maintenance today
    Exercise 30 minutes
    Drink lots of water
    Eat mindfully
    Dinner at home

Friday! Don't have a whole lot going on just going to relax this evening ,cook a good meal for my fam and enjoy their company. Going to visit a friend this weekend so want to spend time with them.
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    First time here (I think):

6/21

No wine or beer (it impedes weight loss)
    Exercise at least 30 minutes at the Y or outdoors on this beautiful summer solstice
    Drink at least 64 ounces of water (5 15 ounces Swell bottles)
    Follow pre-tracked meals, and if adjustments are made, track them

TGIF! I'm looking forward to enjoying the longest day of the year with my family and friends. :)