JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday:
    1. WEIGH IN. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack dinner. Leave for library by 9:30.
    2. Library (pick up books!) and lunch with parents. Be at park by 3:00.
    3. Read books during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Note - can work first week of July as needed.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack lunch. Leave for park by 7:55.
    2. Read books during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Text B about dinner. Message mom about church and garden next week? Check on passes.
    3. Dinner with B 6 PM. Put jewelry away.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Check on audition for MM and look for Strongest Suit music. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates. Put jewelry away (Sunday?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Essay submitted last night. It feels kind of weird to know that I'm done. DONE. Heading to bed; have to be at the garden early. I'm not actually setting an alarm, though I may have to rush a bit tomorrow as a result.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm way late to the party today. It's almost TOM and my appetite has been crazy yet again. I've been doing some thinking about my mental state which can be a bit depressed or off at times, but I just have to get it off my chest. Sorry in advance for incoming word vomit..

I did not finish logging yesterday, and I did not fully log today, and I'm just going to say it's ok. I also haven't done my workout in a week either. Maybe I needed the mental break. Maybe I even, dare I say, DESERVE a break..a break from being constantly so critical of myself. A break from thinking my worth would increase if I looked like a fitness model, and that somehow in my current state (which is a normal BMI already) that I'm not good enough. A break from thinking I should feel embarrassed in a tank top if my arms aren't perfectly toned. WTF is my deal?? I would not treat somebody I care about this way. There's definitely some mental stuff I've been battling that I haven't talked about much. I can see how silly it is when others are so self critical, why can't I apply the same logic to myself?

Sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't know what's real. I can think I look fat and flabby or skinny and muscular at different times in the SAME DAY, and in the SAME MIRROR.... While wearing the SAME CLOTHES. I don't know why, but I don't like it.

Anyways, enough about that, thanks for reading if you did and I don't blame you if you didn't 😂😂.

Yesterday 6/21:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!😞
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😞
    5. Finish work at 5:30😁

JFT 6/22:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!

@aubyshortcake.. Sister/Friend/Motivator you're one of a kind and nothing or no one compares
    to you. And nobody paid me to say these things to you... (Just to make you smile)
    Talk, Rant, Scream, whatever you need to do to not hold things in we are here and we listen.
    We listen openly, unjudgementally, and arms wide open with love. What you feel are your feelings
    and it's ok to express them to understanding people who have been in your shoes so to speak.
    You're valuable, important, and so worth us loving you and you loving yourself. A lot of us,
    including myself here recently have had to take a break. Sometimes with the stress of so
    many people and things pulling at us, we're so used to giving out to other, people and things,
    we tend to not have anything left for us to give ourselves. I had to start self healing by
    spending quality time in the mirror being my own cheerleader for a change. I talk to Mary first thing
    in the morning. I hug myself and say,"Mary I love you for the wonderful woman you've
    grown and growing to be. Mary you're you because you have purposes, worth, and love to
    share and there's only one perfectly unique you.
    Each of us are here for the other. B-12 shots so to speak. We add to each other daily and
    sister you're included in this "mix". You're priceless and I am so proud of you! Proud of you
    for showing up in spite of your emotions. Proud of you for being brave enough to share you
    with us, even though it's painful, but trusting us with your truth. Proud of you for still having the
    want to, to keep trying. 👏 Bravo! Because whether you know it or not, you just gave negativity
    a swift kick in the teeth and said get out of here.
    You ARE LOVED!!! AS YOU! YOU'RE MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH!
    BTW... I wear tanks and I have flappers that make that clapping sound and I say they're
    cheering me on to my victory. So I embrace my body now, and it's not to catch up to queen
    skinny, but it's to love me for me and be just as free as the skinny.
    No offense to the thin bodies. You are totally loved by me, just as much as I am loving my bumps,
    and lumps, flaps and claps. I am well on my way to healthy.
    Hugs aubyshortcake🌹🙏💕💕💕
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake - I totally understand all of what you wrote and can relate. I have those days and I’m trying to just make peace with them and then get back on it when I’m ready. Hugs to you.

On that note, took a day off logging and exercising yesterday and feeling better this morning. I didn’t run as planned first thing as the bf surprised me with a visit last night and thought a bit of quality time with him this morning was more important. Two rest days in a row is almost unheard of for me unless I’m injured. But balance was my word for the year, and I think this is the balanced decision! I will, however, log and track today and stay within calorie goal.

Sunday goals:
    - Pick up P from sleepover ✅
    - Head to parents place for lunch and pick up L
    - Laundry and finish cleaning
    - June challenge
    - lay out running gear
    - Bed by 9:30

A simple list. Hope I can stay on it. Will be mindful of hydrating today too. Forecast is warm and I often think I’m hungry when I’m thirsty.

Have a lovely Sunday all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 23 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

I'm feeling muzzy headed as I've not had enough water over the last few days. Today I will make a conscious effort to drink more.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday June 22 - Determined
    2.5L of water - 👿
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - 👿🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Squats - 5
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Something on commercials - no tv
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Sunday June 23 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I am struggling to keep up with the proper calorie count, mostly because I’m going for quick and easy instead of healthy. This week I should be getting my miles in walking most days since I’ll be working.

I have almost all of the shower stuff completed now. I need to do 2 more things and then I think it’s good for crafting big amounts of stuff at least.

I do need to get a wedding gift finished and a shower gift. I think I’ll buy something small for Kaitlyn alone on her wedding day. I just haven’t figured out what that will be yet.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake - I read it all. I’m the same at that time, want to eat everything! My doctor told me it’s normal and almost impossible to battle so I don’t try much anymore. As for what you look like in the mirror, I think most of us do that too. I don’t like what I see a lot, but it’s what I have and I’m slowly learning to embrace it while working towards what I want it to be.

@ZizzyBumble - that’s a letdown on the train. Hopefully you get to take it soon. I’ve been slacking on water too and it’s showing everywhere. In my skin and in my belly.

@maryrobinson40 - I love your words to Aubyshortcake. I missed you.

@clicketykeys - yay for getting the essay submitted!!! You must feel accomplished.

@Faebert - it’s nice that you are practicing balance. I think it’s good you are enjoying some rest this weekend.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Saturday

-Go for a bike ride 🥰

I think that may be my only plan...
    Well
    -Stay in the green (eat back no more than half the exercise calories.👍
    - No alcohol👍
    - Work on Bible reading👍

[/quote/]

JFT Sunday
    - up early so I can have breakfast before church 👎
    - Sunday School & Church👍
    - Quick night to eat <300 cal 👎 under 400, but skipped breakfast.
    - Catch a matinee at the local playhouse, then go out to a new restaurant.
    - No Alcohol
    - Cals within maintenance ~1650.
    - Bible study, I’m in Job so it’s a struggle

Positive thought: Just because I can’t do something like I used to, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t do it.

Got my ride in yesterday 33 miles in 2:10. The first 29 miles were good, but I totally bonked making the last 4 miles awful. I didn’t quit which made me proud. The fact that I didn’t pack any fuels made me feel stupid. Needless to say I felt pretty out of it last night, even though I ate and drank. Another rookie move that I made was not having my saddle pack, meaning I had no tubes, tools or air... Luckily I made it back alive and in one piece. I’m certainly not where I used to be, but I still enjoyed the ride.

I guess it took a little more out of me than I thought as I felt hungover this morning and I haven’t drank for days.
  • vlopera123
    vlopera123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    24/6

No snacking at night other than organised snack.
    Drink more water
    Walk 3km with either podcast or iPad on treadmill - there’s no excuses - I have the time today!
    Do some reports - cycle 4
    Eat prepped food.

I’m on a 7 day kickstart - small goals are more realistic for me!

Vanessa
    New Zealand

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/22 and 6/23 Recap

Drink lots of water! :)
    Exercise 30 minutes at least per day :)
    Eat mindfully :)
    Drink in moderation :)
    Have fun! :)

Had such a great weekend! I ate more than I probably should have but could have been a lot worse. Got in a couple of nice long walks and one run so happy with that. Got my period on Friday and it's been so painful this time so that has been hard causing me to lose sleep and retain water and feel kind of run down. Hoping that it passes by tomorrow so I can get back to feeling good.

My goal for the rest of the day is try to make some healthy choices for dinner, no alcohol, and lots of water. I definitely need to rest and recoup.

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yay 7/53 done. Weekend managed will weight in next weekend and hopefully back where I was before binge week.

Day 8/53
    -Exercise 30 minutes
    -1600 calories
    -prep for work day

Well do e everyone, can't quite keep up with everyone s goals but the day by day accountancy is helping me
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while again. Work is getting really busy as I take on the new responsibilities and I haven't been at my desk or near a computer much. I'm really liking getting out and about, rounding at the clinics helping nursing and providers optimize their computer software.

I'm listening to a lesson on Half Size Me right now. It's a challenge to do meal planning for the next 6 weeks. It's pretty interesting how she teaches doing realistic menu planning.

We've been busy this weekend helping our granddaughter move out to her very first apartment. She's so excited but a bit overwhelmed I think. I'm very excited for her, but at the same time, after her living with us for nearly 5 years now, I'm having a bit of empty nest syndrome. Hormonal as heck! One minute I'm crying because I will miss her terribly, and the next minute I'm so happy to have our house just to me and my husband. I'm not sure what I'll do with the open room...probably make it into a proper guest room.

Anyway, I don't have time right now to catch up but I need to be accountable! So, I'm going to set goals for tomorrow, tonight.

Just for Monday:
    1. Get up with alarm. No Snooze button
    2. Eat breakfast.
    3. Prelog meals, journal anything that differs from plan
    4. Drink half my weight in oz of water
    5. 30 minutes of intentional activity
    6. 15 minutes outside getting fresh air
    7. Work on meal plan for Week 1 of HSM challenge
    8. 15 minutes decluttering
    9. Read one chapter of diet/nutrition/health/lifestyle book (I have a bunch of them but have not finished any of them. My bad!)
    10. Unplug one hour prior to bed, gratitude journal 5 things today, read Joyce or Dodie & Simple Abundance, Calm app, read until lights out at 10:30.

Love you all! :heart: :flowerforyou:

WOY: Tenacity / Tenacious

b1iisk8lxsu6.png
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Thank you.. Thank you SO much. You are so positive and uplifting. You inspire me..I hope to one day be even half the ray of sunshine that you are. I took a screenshot of what you wrote, for safe keeping to read on days I'm feeling extra low. No matter what you keep on shining and that is so admirable. Big big hugs to you, thank you for everything 💖💖

@Snowflake1968 @Faebert thank you for the support, it's nice to know I am not alone in these feelings!

Soooo.. No goals set today and no calories logged. Just lots of food eaten, and I did MOST of that driving course. Tomorrow I would like to go back to my deficit and logging, and on Tuesday I want to start the workouts back up.

I hope you all have a great night, I'll be back in the morning ready to take on a new week!!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack lunch. Leave for park by 7:55.
    2. Read books during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Text B about dinner. Message mom about church and garden next week? Check on passes.
    3. Dinner with B 6 PM. Put jewelry away. Check on school box.
    6. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00.

JFT Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Draft blog post. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Shower. Head to Z's. En route, make list of things to take to the dump. Also take along assessment list and calendar.
    4. Dinner out.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Check on audition for MM and look for Strongest Suit music. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates. Put jewelry away. Call garden about passes for Sunday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I really took it easy today. May be walking rather than running tomorrow because the temperature's not supposed to drop much tonight. We'll see.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Thinking of y'all! May peace and joy abound!
    a2jwcowuuod5.png
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Thinking of y'all! May peace and joy abound!
    a2jwcowuuod5.png

YIPPIEEEEE!!! SOOO GLAD TO SEE YOU POST!!! MISSED YOU🌹🙏
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 23 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals >:)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge >:)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge >:)
    Jun challenge :)

I'm feeling muzzy headed as I've not had enough water over the last few days. Today I will make a conscious effort to drink more.

I did drink plenty of water but was lazy and didn't do very much.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 24 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

A new day at the start of a new week - no excuses today for me :)