JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Congratulations!!! You are a radiant bride and look so happy.

Recap M 6/24
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,317 steps (always a bit lower on x-training days), 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 33 floors :smiley:
    3) Log all food G/B/U / meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plans & NO snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Yay! Stuck w/ plan, no evening snacks after supper, helped that I was stuffed from prelogged food. Net calories ZERO exactly ~ and MFP puts that number as red :D ~ hahaha, sodium green 183 :smiley: , sugar -7, fiber & protein right on target, 14c water :smile:
    4) Post JFT weekly w-i update (think I forgot last week) :smile:
    5) Plod on with GA-S(P) ~ nice progress on F and want to keep momentum going :smile:
    6) Evening: wash towels as soon as home from work :smile: / wash dishes did some this morning though / prep overnight oats :) / balance bank accounts :) / update budget / other? decluttered :smiley:
    7) Unplug 9:00 :| everything but texts w/ D about get together in several weeks / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify 5:40 alarm :smile: / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work T) :( in bed but tv on

JFT T 6/25 ~ gorgeous early summer morning ~ finally!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.67 mi 1:02:17 saw 2 bunnies & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & NO snacks after supper / log G/B/U / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Be pleasant during meeting w/ prof org chapter pres ~ not her fault someone else is jacka** & org has all kinds of tech mismanagement
    5) Progress on GB-S(P) ~ maybe get all tickets reviewed? copy recons from each location packet as I go
    6) Evening: wash remaining dishes / meal plan & grocery list / update budget s/s / declutter 15 min.
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 5:40 alarm / BED & TV OFF 10:20 (walk dog before work W)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 You are going down, woman! And in such a good good way!!! Doing a happy dance in my heart for you. Remember:
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

@Bex953172 Yes! I think "change" is a good word for you! Keep moving forward. What one change are you making today???

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    8 cups water
    prelog food
    exercise
    Breakthrough study/journal

Peace and joy, ladies!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've been exhausted and kind of running myself into the ground....so today, I'm keeping it very simple. We have a dinner to go to right after I get off work and I have a million things to do on my lunch break. Today's mfp goal - keep it under 1300 cal. I'm going to skip lunch and concentrate on water intake. I should still be able to get in 3000-4000 steps and do my push ups/plank this evening.

That's it for today................ (now tomorrow, that's another story! :smiley: )
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    You ladies are so inspiring!! I wish I could make myself more consistent but right now I'm just trying to "keep my head above water." I am making some changes; I found a "home" church to attend weekly. I will not let my husband keep us from going. This week my husband is on a week long motorcycle trip. (Must be nice to get away and get some breathing room.) So I'm using this time to try and strengthen myself emotionally. Things got REAL bad emotionally last Friday so I went to my doctor's office. She gave me some anxiety meds to help me through all this. It has helped me sleep at night (being able sleep is wonderful) and it cuts the anxiety attacks out in the evening. I know this is a temporary fix but I'm working on a long term plan this week. I have some new organic anxiety teas, I'm going to try and exercise again, and I WILL attend church EVERY Sunday!!! When my husband gets back from his trip, he said he'll discuss what he wants in our relationship. So I'm turning all this over to God and I'm going to work on building myself back up. I used to be soooo confident and cheerful. I still have that in me, I just need to unburie it.

Tuesday JFT:

▪Exercise (x1 DVD)
    ▪Log food accurately

I'm not going to obligate more than those two items plus my regular day of taking care of 4 kids for today. I am going to teach myself how to control my anxiety instead of the other way round.

Be blessed. 😊

I'd give you a big hug if I could - I went to church alone for several years. I hope you found one that's a great fit for you. My old church in Texas had incredible women's programs/studies/support system. There was a lady on staff that was the women's pastor and always had an open door for anyone that needed counseling. She helped me tremendously when my world was falling apart & I was battling anxiety.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 You are going down, woman! And in such a good good way!!! Doing a happy dance in my heart for you. Remember:
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

@Bex953172 Yes! I think "change" is a good word for you! Keep moving forward. What one change are you making today???

Peace and joy!

Pfft i dont know LOL
    I think maybe changing my word counts? Haha.
    And also having a written plan on what i want to achieve but more importantly, HOW im going to achieve that!

If anyone has any tips on what aspects i should look at then feel free to shout out! Im running pretty low on ideas on where to start haha!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!
    WARNING: THIS POST MAY BE LONG AND UNINTERESTING 😀
    My "NO"
    I feel I need to explain my reason behind my saying no and what it means to me.
    This thread and this journey are very important to me. Some of the first ladies to embrace
    me for me: mytime, PackerFanInGB, Faebert, Bex, cschmitz, bacTrai, ABJ1014ABJ1014.
    And a few others that immediately welcomed me when I began last year. They came during
    a much needed embrace. Something had to be done. My first step was saying no to not doing
    anything to get Mary back on track to Live again. I mean really doing it. I had made some lame
    attempts before.(To be continued) battery almost empty
  • Bex953172
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

Peace and joy!

Pfft i dont know LOL
    And also having a written plan on what i want to achieve but more importantly, HOW im going to achieve that!

If anyone has any tips on what aspects i should look at then feel free to shout out! Im running pretty low on ideas on where to start haha!

Yes, indeed, changing your word is very powerful! That means you are thinking about it, planning, on the move. This is all good. I will tell you what has helped me. And of course it all depends on the season of your life. I know what my ultimate goal is and that has not changed. But sometimes we have to change how we are getting there or when, etc. Because of LIFE.

Write down all that you were doing that led to weight loss. Next, put a check on anything that you are still doing consistently, meaning 5 out of 7 days at least. You want to keep doing those!

Now. Choose one, and only one item that didn't get a check mark. Begin doing this particular action for one week, or until you make it 6 out of the 7 days. So for me, I chose water. I had gotten out of the habit. So I got out my magic cup (this time it is a wine goblet that measures one cup!) and I began chugging that water again!

I have pretty much gotten back on the water wagon within a week. So then I chose the next un-checked item that was on my list, which, for me, was exercising 30 minutes a day. And of course I am continuing with the water and the other items I was already doing, such as not eating before 10am.

This is my third week and I am finally back to logging all my food. Next week I hope to fine tune it and pre-log as it really makes a huge help in not going over the calories, etc.

Okay, I hope this helps. As I said, it all depends on the person and the season he/she is in. I know you can attain your goal because you are one stubborn woman!!!

Keep us updated on how you are using your new word!

Peace and joy!

And errrrr... what if there are no ticks? :innocent::flushed::lol:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

Peace and joy!

Pfft i dont know LOL

Yes, indeed, changing your word is very powerful! That means you are thinking about it, planning, on the move. This is all good. I will tell you what has helped me. And of course it all depends on the season of your life. I know what my ultimate goal is and that has not changed. But sometimes we have to change how we are getting there or when, etc. Because of LIFE.

Write down all that you were doing that led to weight loss. Next, put a check on anything that you are still doing consistently, meaning 5 out of 7 days at least. You want to keep doing those!

Now. Choose one, and only one item that didn't get a check mark. Begin doing this particular action for one week, or until you make it 6 out of the 7 days. So for me, I chose water. I had gotten out of the habit. So I got out my magic cup (this time it is a wine goblet that measures one cup!) and I began chugging that water again!

I have pretty much gotten back on the water wagon within a week. So then I chose the next un-checked item that was on my list, which, for me, was exercising 30 minutes a day. And of course I am continuing with the water and the other items I was already doing, such as not eating before 10am.

This is my third week and I am finally back to logging all my food. Next week I hope to fine tune it and pre-log as it really makes a huge help in not going over the calories, etc.

Okay, I hope this helps. As I said, it all depends on the person and the season he/she is in. I know you can attain your goal because you are one stubborn woman!!!

Peace and joy!

Bex you could look at it another way. You know so much about weight loss and give great advice and support on here. So try to trouble-shoot yourself. What are the things that are holding you back? Which of those can you change? Some of them are unavoidable (stress from the kids? Is for me at any rate!) but maybe some of them you can tackle, like prepping and logging in advance, for example, so when Ash gets something off plan or suggests treats you can say no easier because your stuff is already prepped? Or maybe it is getting half an hour a day to yourself to exercise, because I get the sense from your posts that when you’ve been active you’re more motivated with diet?

Just a few ideas and I may be completely wrong. But you might find it helpful to run through some of the mental and practical barriers one by one and see what you can adjust. X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

Peace and joy!

Pfft i dont know LOL

Peace and joy!

Bex you could look at it another way. You know so much about weight loss and give great advice and support on here. So try to trouble-shoot yourself. What are the things that are holding you back? Which of those can you change? Some of them are unavoidable (stress from the kids? Is for me at any rate!) but maybe some of them you can tackle, like prepping and logging in advance, for example, so when Ash gets something off plan or suggests treats you can say no easier because your stuff is already prepped? Or maybe it is getting half an hour a day to yourself to exercise, because I get the sense from your posts that when you’ve been active you’re more motivated with diet?

Just a few ideas and I may be completely wrong. But you might find it helpful to run through some of the mental and practical barriers one by one and see what you can adjust. X

LOL omg thats so true! I didnt even realise!

The only time i can exercise really is after dinner when thr girls are in bed, but im either too full or too tired. Nearly always too tired. Dont know if thats thyroid related but as soon as dinner has been ate then im done. Thats why i rarely get the kitchen clean after dinner.
    Its when my procrastination is almost unbeatable. Mehh
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 9/53 complete

Day 10/53 goals
    30 minutes exercise
    1600 cals after exercise

( Finish editing paper , cut 400 words, leave for a few days, final read and submit)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Back for my update. Had a good day. I’ve been working on getting down off a plateau. I’m so close to my goal (7lbs) but seem to be hitting a glass floor. Although, if truth be told, I probably need to be more focused on firming muscle than losing weight at the moment. I’ve had a couple of injuries, and recovery is much slower than I would like.

JFT ~|~ 2019

FOOD:
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros ✅
    • follow through ✅ under goal, and lots of spare exercise calories
    • Hydration ✅

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps ✅ 6800+
    • 15+ mins strength ✅ 17 mins lower body
    • 15+ mins flexibility ✅ 25 mins yoga

OTHER:
    • Attend Craft Group am ✅
    • Spend time with DH ✅ We worked on clearing out our wee boat. It’s getting a new engine next week.
    • Meditation ✅ moving meditation 4 salute to the sun.
    • Do accounts 🤓 Started. Will finish tomorrow.

• Bex953172
    Options
    Back for my update. Had a good day. I’ve been working on getting down off a plateau. I’m so close to my goal (7lbs) but seem to be hitting a glass floor. Although, if truth be told, I probably need to be more focused on firming muscle than losing weight at the moment. I’ve had a couple of injuries, and recovery is much slower than I would like.

JFT ~|~ 2019

FOOD:
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros ✅
    • follow through ✅ under goal, and lots of spare exercise calories
    • Hydration ✅

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps ✅ 6800+
    • 15+ mins strength ✅ 17 mins lower body
    • 15+ mins flexibility ✅ 25 mins yoga

OTHER:
    • Attend Craft Group am ✅
    • Spend time with DH ✅ We worked on clearing out our wee boat. It’s getting a new engine next week.
    • Meditation ✅ moving meditation 4 salute to the sun.
    • Do accounts 🤓 Started. Will finish tomorrow.

What are your net calories. Im sure i read somewhere that increasing your food intake (but still under maintainence) can kickstart a plateau.. dont quote me on it though lol!

Also, what do you do in your craft group? :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

What are your net calories. Im sure i read somewhere that increasing your food intake (but still under maintainence) can kickstart a plateau.. dont quote me on it though lol!

Also, what do you do in your craft group? :)

Net calories are 1450, but I usually eat about 100 above that if I have earned extra calories. I do eat up to my max including exercise calories from time to time. If I set calories to MFP maintenance, I usually gain weight, so I tend to keep them set using TDEE calculation to lose 1 lb a week.

I've hit regular plateau, but I always manage to move again eventually. I was just venting a little in my post. Lol! I've been down at my goal several times, but got a bit lax last year. It so difficult to shift those final few lbs and keep them off.

It's a fortnightly Craft Group. I'm working on a cross-stitch picture of a mother giraffe and two baby giraffes at the moment, but I do have quite a number of different Craft projects on the go. Today was our final Craft meeting until September.
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just wrote a big story and didn’t save it :'( a real big story. Now I have to go to work. I’ll try to tell it later
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JFT ~|~ 2019

Goals for Wed 26/06

FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength
    • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • am - Grocery shopping with DH
    • pm - Playreading Group
    • Finish accounts/Prep Jun rents for Monthly Meeting on Thursday
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

Off to bed for an early night.
    💕💖💕 Enjoy whatever remains of your day 💕💖💕
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday June 26

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:) unlikely but I did not log
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)

Sorry, I am late checking in and I'm falling asleep. I have skim read your posts and wish I was more awake and ready to make sensible responses. Good night everyone.