Options
    JFT 5/25

45 minute run :)
    Stay within calories :)
    drink water! :)
    no alcohol :)
    all meals at home :)
    mindful eating :)

Had a pretty great day. Going to call this one a win and go enjoy the rest of my evening. Going to try not to snack but not feeling too hungry so I think it'll be ok.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday June 24 - Determined
    2.5L of water - 👿
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - 👿👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Squats - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Something on commercials - no tv
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - TuesdayJune 25 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

It’s 6pm and I’m just getting a chance to update and post goals. I am exhausted!!!! My brain is filled with all of the new things I’m learning and it’s draining me.

I don’t have to do anything tonight except rest and maybe try to get to bed early.

I am pretty sure I’m going to absolutely love my job, the people are wonderful and I’ve found out that there are wonderful benefits, a RRSP and 3 weeks holidays beginning April 1st. Today is the first day I’ve been able to walk though because of the weather.

I’m hoping to take a bit of time tonight to read and catch up!

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 You are going down, woman! And in such a good good way!!! Doing a happy dance in my heart for you. Remember:
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

@Bex953172 Yes! I think "change" is a good word for you! Keep moving forward. What one change are you making today???

Peace and joy!

Pfft i dont know LOL
    I think maybe changing my word counts? Haha.
    And also having a written plan on what i want to achieve but more importantly, HOW im going to achieve that!

If anyone has any tips on what aspects i should look at then feel free to shout out! Im running pretty low on ideas on where to start haha!

Yes, indeed, changing your word is very powerful! That means you are thinking about it, planning, on the move. This is all good. I will tell you what has helped me. And of course it all depends on the season of your life. I know what my ultimate goal is and that has not changed. But sometimes we have to change how we are getting there or when, etc. Because of LIFE.

Write down all that you were doing that led to weight loss. Next, put a check on anything that you are still doing consistently, meaning 5 out of 7 days at least. You want to keep doing those!

Now. Choose one, and only one item that didn't get a check mark. Begin doing this particular action for one week, or until you make it 6 out of the 7 days. So for me, I chose water. I had gotten out of the habit. So I got out my magic cup (this time it is a wine goblet that measures one cup!) and I began chugging that water again!

I have pretty much gotten back on the water wagon within a week. So then I chose the next un-checked item that was on my list, which, for me, was exercising 30 minutes a day. And of course I am continuing with the water and the other items I was already doing, such as not eating before 10am.

This is my third week and I am finally back to logging all my food. Next week I hope to fine tune it and pre-log as it really makes a huge help in not going over the calories, etc.

Okay, I hope this helps. As I said, it all depends on the person and the season he/she is in. I know you can attain your goal because you are one stubborn woman!!!

Keep us updated on how you are using your new word!

Peace and joy!

And errrrr... what if there are no ticks? :innocent::flushed::lol:

well, then you can only go up up up, lolol!!! And remember what you said...you aren't going to change if you don't start to change. So get going! And remember we aren't looking for perfection...just progress!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 You are going down, woman! And in such a good good way!!! Doing a happy dance in my heart for you. Remember:
    cj63hgyxtkk9.png

@Bex953172 Yes! I think "change" is a good word for you! Keep moving forward. What one change are you making today???

Peace and joy!

Always peace and joy when you're around. I love you for this post. It was humorous to me and
    also like my power banner 💪 HONEY CHILD THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I'm encouraged
    and lifted. You always bless me. 💕 🌹
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @nlmackey98 - I hope you can repair your friendship with your friend. I wanted to give you a little something to think about though and I hope that it helps you see your friends side a bit.

I have a friend that is bipolar, she was only diagnosed in 2016 right after her 50th birthday. I have known her for since she was 14. There have been several “manic” episodes throughout those years that I have stuck by, forgiven for the awful things she has said and made excuses for her with other friends and family. I have always stood by her and rode the waves as best I could. There have been twice that I couldn’t do it though. Once she was calling me telling me how she was having sex with strange men, doing drugs, laughed when she told me my Goddaughter (her daughter) who was about 8 at the time was scared in a Park because some of her (my friends) make friends were saying raunchy things to her. My eldest Goddaughter moved out and I tried calling their Dad to rescue the youngest one. I still stuck by her and would take every call. (We lived miles apart) until the day we had a house fire and we’re basically homeless. She got mad at me for telling her I couldn’t talk to her right then. She called me nasty names and told me o was selfish. When we got things settled and were able to move home again I didn’t give her our new phone number or tell her anything. I actually didn’t talk to her for 3 years. I started to after the kids had grown up and contacted me on Facebook. We built a tenuous friendship again and I supported her all over again. I’m 2016 I had seen she was struggling for about 5 months before I finally called the police on her and had her admitted. This is when she was finally diagnosed and has been getting treatment ever since. I call and check up on her regularly and she is coming to my daughter’s wedding. Those first few months though when she was first diagnosed, I again had to take a break from her. I love her to death but I was so worried for her on top of being so angry with her I couldn’t cope.

I hope that you and your friend works it out, maybe because she sees you getting better she felt free to tell you what she felt and how you treated her when you were struggling. It will be a hard road but maybe she just needs some time to regroup too.

I think it says a lot that you are willing to make amends and apologize for what you said when it wasn’t you talking but the disease. My friend has never apologized for anything she has ever said to me and sometimes we dance around the issues on tiptoes.

I really wish we lived closer, I would love to hang out with you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @AJB1014 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I’m so happy for you! What a beautiful bride you were.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So many to respond to and I have no brain power left so I’ll only comment on a couple.

@maryrobinson40 - I just love you and your honesty. I am so proud of you. Thank you for sharing.

@MLHC1 - I have no words for you. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart hurts for what you must be feeling.
  • toaljasa
    Options

Peace and joy!

But sometimes we have to change how we are getting there or when, etc. Because of LIFE.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That last sentence that I wrote earlier is where you are! LIFE is causing you to make changes and adjustments in order to reach your goal of weight loss and health gain! Good that Faebert asked you what has changed in your LIFE from when you were losing weight. Knowledge is very empowering!

• vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Log food
    No alcohol
    More water
    No butter
    No chocolate or sweets
    Savor life!
    Breath more deeply more often & smile
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Continued Post...

You have become empowered by the word "no." As a fellow Believer I feel compelled to share this Scripture with you---and of course, it is speaking to me as well.

"Therefore, Mary, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, (speaking about the faithful people who walked before us) let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him (Jesus) who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Heb 12:1-3

You are throwing off what is hindering you...just by using that one little word...NO :)

(Here is the same passage from The New Living Translation version:) Hebrews 12 1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    We did it!!!
    cb1etv5df5np.png
    6pm0l3173a2d.png
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bust diet wise. I had a plan for how I was going to deal with a picnic. But then it was raining and we went to the pub instead, which I did not have a plan for. Gah. So I just went with my normal habits, and large food and drink were had.

It was sort of worth it though. The food was when four of us went for dinner after the pub, including our new acting CEO who I've worked with for a few years. We had a really good time and I think it was a good opportunity to get to know her which has got to be a good thing. I also got the opportunity to ask to have a coffee with her to talk about my career options, which she said yes to :smiley: So, hopefully a successful night all in all.

Today I'm going for dinner with my friends, I've picked a restaurant where they have light options, and have already chosen (and logged) what I'm going to eat. I'm not going to drink either - I had enough yesterday and I want to make sure I stick to my food choices!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log EVERYTHING I eat >:)
    - Stay within maintenance >:)
    - 3+ bottles water >:)
    - Buy diet soft drink to take to picnic :neutral:

- No eating whilst standing >:)
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! >:)
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 45 minute lunch break :smiley:
    - Read response cards x2 >:)
    - Meditate :/
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo :/
    - Leave evening out by 9 >:)
    - Lights off by 11 >:)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Train home at 22.15 or 22.45

Weekly calorie balance: No idea... May have to track this minus yesterday....

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 14th: >:):smiley:
    June 15th: >:):smiley:
    June 16th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 17th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 18th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 19th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 20th: >:):smiley:
    June 21st: >:):smiley:
    June 22nd: >:)>:)
    June 23rd: :smiley::smiley:
    June 24th: >:)>:)
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 951 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 25th June

Log everything, haven't logged properly for weeks YES, and some was bad!
    Stay in the green No, due to the squares of chocolate I ate. At least I didn't eat the whole bar
    Back exercises yes
    Walk with friend yes
    Order painkillers, research new one yes and no
    Phone bank for father yes
    Stay positive did okay
    Adopt Mary's idea...say no to myself! I wanted a snack after I'd closed my diary last night. I said No to myself as it wouldn't get me where I want to be

JFT Wednesday 26th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Time walking through town to log
    Research new painkiller
    Laundry, change duvet to a lightweight one for summer
    Go into town for bank appointment for father
    Visit graveyard to research great grandparents for my mother
    Stay positive, have a good day!
    Say No to myself
    Lift the big bag

@maryrobinson40 , I apologize that I highjacked saying No when you didn't mean it to be for anyone else.
    I already say no to my mother regularly. She has always fed visitors with cakes and biscuits, and now I visit almost every day I have to refuse. But I think I have to say no to myself too.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014. Congratulations on your marriage, thank you for sharing your beautiful photo.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 26 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

Just waiting for our guests to depart then we've 3 rooms to clean and beds to remake etc. I only ate half a slice of the spare toast, I had porridge before cooking for the guests and that helped prevent me from being a human dustbin!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Okay, so true to my word i said id get a plan together! With help from @toaljasa ! I now have a list of the things i used to do, (and all of them i currently dong do LOL!) and ive picked one!

So to start off, ive picked perfect logging.
    I used to log every gram of food that went in my mouth. Even measuring milk i put in my cup of tea!
    So ill admit when i start now it wont be perfect, but if I at least log everything (even if i have to guess a couple of weights) then atleast ive not missed anything and i can tweak on the actual measurements later, i think i need some new scales.

So thats WHAT i need to do. But HOW im going to do it is log on whilst eating. This way i cant forget, i dont have to struggle later trying to remember a whole days worth of food!

Oh and i think i could squeeze one more goal! Inspired by Mary's story, im going to say NO.
    I used to do this pre-Casey and i can vouch that it is definitely empowering!
    If i want go change i need to feel in control, and this will help with that!

Thank you @maryrobinson40 for sharing!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Healthy dinner with limited options Eh, ok. I ate a sloppy joe, but then loaded up on veggies and fruit
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Pick a healthy dinner from limited options
    4. Meditate
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Today started both good and bad.
    First I weighted and got surprised that I actually lost 2kg. That means that I've achieved one of the mini goals that I wasn't expecting to achieve at least for another 2,3 weeks. It's one more evidence that body really works in mysterious ways. I had more low-calorie weeks that got me nowhere scale wise, and then when I increased a bit my food intake and expected to actually gain weight - I've lost some.
    It's a confirmation that weight loss just takes time and happens in waves. At least, it's like that in my case.

The bad thing is that today I have yelled at my elderly parents, which is something I never do (I am very protective of them). We resolved things quickly, but I feel ashamed and sorry that I made them feel bad. I snapped because at one point it was just too much for me. I love them a lot and I would like to make them happy and satisfied, but there are some things that are out of my control. They have a complicated relationship with my sister and I feel really sorry for them (also, she is my sister so I feel bad for her too). Usually, I listen with compassion and give them space to vent. But sometimes they just dive into unhappiness over small and irrelevant things and I just fail to pull them out of it. Then I start to feel angry because I hate to feel powerless.

daneejela wrote: »
    - drinking a lot of water and only water (besides tea and coffee) - partially, I had some coke, but very moderately
    - avoiding junk snacks for the rest of the day - had half an ice cream, but I kind of feel proud that I haven't finished it
    - eating light dinner :)

JFT:
    - drink a lot of water and only water (besides tea and coffee) for the rest of the day
    - avoid junk snacks for the rest of the day
    - eat light dinner