3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Atleast one load of laundry
    5. Stop at Wal-Mart; window insulation and pasta
    6. Be kind
    7. Clean up kitchen
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Thank you love! I'm glad that you have a new peace. Cling to that with everything you have! Also, read some of the New Testament too. And I'm glad that you are comfortable with your new therapist. That is incredibly important.

@toaljasa Awesome job staying in maintenance for so long! You can get those last 10lbs off no problem! I know it! Lol.

@MLHC1 I totally understand the lack of motivation to exercise. I deal with it all the time! It's been so hot and humid here recently so I can't do anything outside! But I am counting any kind of extra movement as exercise to keep my motivation up.

@snowflake1968 I'm so glad that you got the job and that you are enjoying it! That is so important. I hope that you continue to excel and enjoy it even more. I bet you will be so happy when the wedding is finally over. There is so much work going into it. I bet that your daughter appreciates all the work that you are putting into it. I can't wait to see pictures!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/26 Recap

Swim/yoga :)
    Stay within calories >:)
    healthy choices :|
    Lots of water :)
    mindful eating :)
    Catch up on to do list :)

A bit late for today but better late than never!

JFT: 6/27

30 minutes exercise :)
    Healthy choices
    lots of water
    bed by nine
    all meals at home

Already worked out and have done well so far with healthy choices. I have gotten back on track mostly (though I did overindulge a little at book club last night). Today started busy but has wound down a bit so going to catch up on some housework and laundry, maybe even make some zucchini bread as my Mom was nice enough to give me tons of zucchini from her garden. Going to hardboil some eggs to have on hand for snacks as well. I need to have some good protein filled snacks to have on hand. I do love summer eating! I have watermelon, berries, corn, zucchini and all sorts of good stuff.
    Off to finish up work... Have a great rest of your day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Well, I'm struggling with motivation. 🙄 I just can't seem to get myself to exercise. I plan on it in the morning then when the time comes, I allow myself to feel tired and unmotivated. I've gotta get myself pulled together somehow.

Thursday JFT:

▪Exercise (x1 DVD)

To me: "Just focus on exercising today!!"

I remember in my old house when i didnt feel like, i just started a fitness video, just to watch it, once it was playing i then felt like doing it, fitness instructors on videos are always encouraging ive found lol!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Reporting back tonight as I won't have time in the morning

JFT Thursday 27th June

Log everything failed, didn't do it immediately then couldn't remember
    Stay in the green probably over, but below maintenance
    Back exercises what is wrong with me?! why don't I do them!
    Laundry and ironing yes
    Research new painkiller again, no
    Food shop yes
    Post birthday cards yes
    Bank appointment for mother yes. They had forgotten I was coming, had to wait. Then their electricity was cut off!
    Visit parents yes
    Load car for work. Friday/Saturday this week instead of just Saturday yes
    Water all the plant pots so they'll be okay when I'm away yes
    Say No to myself looked at half price chocolate bars in the shop, and said No. I know, I shouldn't have been looking!
    Lift the big bag yes

Spent a while on the phone to the bank today trying to correct THEIR mistakes. Was so frustrated with them. I think there's some progress now though, as long as they do what they promised. You'd think I was the first customer they'd ever seen who needed to help their parents!
    Been a lovely sunny day, enjoying the warmth.

My goals for the weekend are to be sensible with eating, no takeaways. I have planned ahead and am taking a microwave ready meal with me tomorrow so I won't be tempted to go for takeaway food.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I failed on the morning swim and it was downhill from there onwards :) Tomorrow will be be better!

I have not posted goals for today, mostly I would fail to meet my usual goals but I'm happy :)

The light tonight is very special, sorry I can't describe it, lots of fast moving sea fog and I'm hoping for a stunning sunset.
  • korina75
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JFT 6/27 recap

30 minutes exercise :)
    Healthy choices :|
    lots of water :)
    bed by nine not yet but I know I’ll do this one, I’m tired!
    all meals at home :)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Thank you love! I'm glad that you have a new peace. Cling to that with everything you have! Also, read some of the New Testament too. And I'm glad that you are comfortable with your new therapist. That is incredibly important.

The New Testament is easier to read and I've read most of it over the years. This time I've decided to read the whole Bible chronologically. Job is one of my least favorite books and chronologically in fall in the middle of Genesis. It came early into this journey, but I finished it. Now I can move on. If I make it through Numbers and Leviticus then I'll know I can do this. Those have been stumbling block in my past attempts to read the Bible.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JFT ~|~ 2019

Keeping up with the basics quite well. Weight is slowly dropping back from splurge last Sunday at DEDs house. DGS had baked specially for our visit. 3 different goodies. He is 16 and likes to experiment.

Goals for Thurs 27/06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds ✅
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros ✅
    • follow through ✅
    • Hydration ✅

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps ✅ 7113 today
    • 15+ mins strength ✅ 20 mins lower body/core
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😏 Just 5 mins today!

OTHER:
    • Meditation ✅
    • am - Finish accounts/Prep Jun rents for Monthly Meeting this afternoon ✅
    • pm - Monthly Meeting ✅
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder ✅
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😏 I'm a day behind on this. It's a very active thread! Lol!

Goals for Fri 28/06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength
    • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • am - Visit Sculpture Exhibition in local Walled Garden
    • Trial run on route to boatyard (boat is being fitted with new engine next week)
    • Gardening after lunch
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Prep rice pilaf. Type blog post. Call survey. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Leave school for appt by 11:45. Home. Shower. Appt. Movie.
    4. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Compare assessment list with calendar and unit plans.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Take 2 protein bars. Pack lunch & dinner. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Read history book during breaks at park. Call doctoral candidate. Take computer; compare assessment list with calendar and unit plans. Check on gyms.
    3. Call garden during break. Text parents to confirm Sunday.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Shower. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.
    7. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Check on audition for MM and look for Strongest Suit music. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Well, I am DEFINITELY going to make bedtime tonight. I am SO tired. I don't know why I'm so tired. I feel like I've accomplished nothing :(
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 6/27/19

1. Log all my food(June Challenge) :)Even all the trail mix I ate but I was still in the green!
    2. D's at 9 :)I had a blast like always. Lol
    3. Home by 11 :/Closer to 12 but part of that was because of a pharmacy stop
    4. Vacuum rugs :)
    5. Clean off table :)
    6. Divvy up snacks/redo snack box :(
    7. Clean toilet/bathroom sink :)
    8. Walk up to greenhouse twice :/Did a serious deep clean of my house instead. It was hot and sticky out all day
    9. Pick up Matt's med :)Pharamcy trip I mentioned. Lol
    10. Work on CV/Resume :(I HATE doing this. I am so terrible at creating my resume.

Have a great night everyone!

Gonna be a short one tonight because I'm falling asleep on the couch.

JFT, 6-28-19

1. June challenge
    2. Redo snack box
    3. Finish cleaning up the bathroom
    4. DO THE DISHES
    5. Put away pantry items
    6. Research how to make an effective resume

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 big big hugs to you. You are so strong and inspiring, you really can do anything!

@jacqui2494 oh my goodness..I am so sorry about your friend. Big hugs.

@aubyshortcake I love you my Sister. You're just as strong. I'm a believer in you.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Seriously sad this morning. My fall yesterday turned out to be quite damaging and I’m so annoyed with myself for not realising at the time. I fell at 7km into the run and thought I was ok so carried on and did 13km. Got home and got an ice pack on one knee. Stinging in the shower but still seemed ok. Walked to work and the other knee started to hurt and swell so I iced that at work. By the end of the day I’d done 28,000 steps (teaching is pretty active!) and now I can hardly walk and my right knee is massively swollen and doesn’t want to bend. Didn’t make it to see bf again as way too sore, and now I’ll have to be pretty sedentary for the weekend, which is forecast to be beautifully sunny! And (toddler tantrum foot stamp) no exercise calories!!! 😡

So, yup, quite down. A month ago when I did the same thing I got back to it within a week though so I just need to be patient and sensible. Rant over - busy day today...

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 13.5km
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Take cress seeds and cotton wool to work ✅
    - Final report check and handover ✅
    - Rearrange appraisal ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ❎ major road incident meant I would never have made it back in time.
    - Leave by 4:30❎ v close!
    - To bf - June challenge! 😕

Friday goals:
    - rest day
    - pack snacks and schoolbags
    - Pick up cassava chips and table coverings? on way to school
    - print Brazil profile sheets and fruit colouring pages on arrival
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - pack homework folders
    - do GaG certificate before leaving
    - prep resources for Monday Art lesson
    - water plants
    - leave by 5
    - Health food store and pick up dinner for kids
    - kids hair wash and pack for weekend with their dad
    - laundry and start house clean
    - bed by 10

Happy Friday to you all x
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @MLHC1
    I liked your post when you said you're gonna build yourself up. I think it's a great attitude. Don't be harsh on yourself when you fail at something, just try to do something you can. One summer I decided to get into yoga, so I chose three poses and did only those three poses every morning. After a while, I included a few poses more and ended up with a whole sequence that I did daily (which I never did before, I am a hardcore couch potato, lol).
    Now I can't do it because I don't want to risk with gallstones pain, but when I take it out I'm gonna do it again. So my advice is to start small, with something manageable, like 3 yoga poses, 15 mins walk, dance on a few songs or just a few squats and build from there. Once you get momentum it will feel natural and effortless.

@nlmackey98
    I know the feeling and I am so happy for you! It's so good to feel that you just can be you and that it's ok. I felt like that a few times in my life, and every time it was a huge step forward. Last time I felt like that was maybe a year or two ago when I just had this feeling of acceptance of who I am at the moment. I spent years in shame because I live quite different from what I lived in the past and I've become a different person than I was in the past. I still struggle to show it completely to my friends who know me from the back then, but even being in peace with myself was a huge relief. I am who I am and that's ok. I am not aligned completely with what is popular at the time, but I was always kind of upwards swimmer, so, no change there :)

@littleblackskirt
    I completely related to what you said, that losing weight is one of those rare things that we actually can control. In that regard, I find the whole process of weight loss very powerful psychologically. It's like a message to oneself that there are things in our life that we can control and also that we are worthy of being treated well. Sorry for the bank issues, grrr, that can be a real pain in the a**. Yes, you'd expect that they learned to handle situations like those, it's not like your parents are the first ever elderly couple, lol.

@Faebert
    I am so sorry about your accident...From the time I spent here I have learned about you that you have a great spirit and steel willpower...I know you'll be back to running in no time. Just give it a time to heal properly. Sending you a special anti-pain hug!

@maryrobinson40
    I never knew that you've been through so much! Now I admire even more your uplifting spirit! I agree, NO is a powerful word.
    I am once more amazed by this thread, by all of you...such different lives, such different paths and yet, we're here cheering up for each other every day.

I just need to share with you one more time...time I've spent on this thread I could use better, I could do more, I could lose more weight, eat healthier, I could respect my commitments better...but, here I've found something I thought I had lost forever - I've found that mode of living the best I can in the given moment and given circumstances, instead of waiting for a perfect day, week, month. Last two months I was occasionally eating junk food, I was drinking soda, I missed walks...but I never said, oh what a hell, I am gonna kill myself with binge since the day, the week, the month is ruined. It might sound small or stupid, but it has a tremendous effect on me. I feel free again. And I'm losing weight.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. As healthy a dinner as possible👍
    5. Meditate👍

JFT Friday!
    This has been a long brutal week and I am so excited we have reached the end.
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Healthy dinner
    5. Go to bed early
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I finally finished my driving course (literally down to the last day 🙄) so I'm going to drop off my certificate on my way into work.

@maryrobinson40 love you 💖💖 and thank you for believing in me!

Yesterday 6/27:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Finish traffic course😁
    4. Finish work at 5:20😞
    5. Cook dinner😞

JFT 6/28:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Cook dinner
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - So happy that they might finally have an answer for Matt. This has been a long haul.

@jacqui2494 - What a scary experience for your friend and you. Hopefully he continues to improve. I maintained over the winter here it was hard, especially since I wasn't working but it can be done.

@toaljasa - I have been having the same thoughts about weight loss. If I could just lose another 20 and then maintain that one for a year I might get this. Right now, I'm not really thinking about weight loss until after the wedding. Too many late nights, hurried meals and stuff on the go. I just hope it all balances out in the end.

@nlmackey98 - I am so happy that you are enjoying some peace and calm and are happy with yourself right now. That's great advice about sitting on a bench. I think I'll try for that, yesterday I cabbed to work because it was raining and this morning my trainer is picking me up because she wanted to start early. I should get into a routine on the 15th when I get going full time.

@Faebert - I hope you heal fast, what a shame it wrecked your date night though.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday June 27 - Determined
    2.5L of water - >:)
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - :):)
    Walk 1 Mile - Probably while cleaning
    Squats - >:)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - No snack
    5 something at bathroom break - >:)
    Something on commercials - No tv
    Write in Journal - Too tired
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :) Although my choices weren't health and fitness related, I feel I am doing the best I can right now so I'm not going to beat myself up.

JFT - Friday June 28 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I didn't get to bed until almost midnight and woke up at 430am, I tried to get back to sleep and couldn't so I've used the time to decompress a bit and catch up on here.

I cleaned my house yesterday from one end to the other. I feel I can keep it up tonight and tomorrow until my MIL arrives tomorrow night. If after that it gets messy again, it just might have to stay that way. Tonight I am going to Kaitlyn's to work on some more crafting for the wedding. Brodey's Mom will be arriving around 6pm tonight so she will be included as well. Tomorrow I am going to Lauryn's for most of the day to get her house cleaned and ready for the shower on Monday. Sunday I am planning on puttering around the house and not doing anything too active until later in the afternoon when everyone is coming for supper. I'm hoping we start getting some nice weather so we can use the outside too, otherwise it will be very crowded in my house with 10 of us here.

I have asked Rodger if we can have some alone time tomorrow morning because that hasn't been happening either. Only one week to go! I can't believe it!
  • korina75
    Options
    JFT 6/28

60 minute run
    stay within calories
    Healthy Choices
    drink water
    all meals at home (except for picnic of course)
    Mindful eating at picnic-be deliberate with choices

Going to get a really good workout in today, and might even throw some yoga in there to combat the stiffness. Have a picnic for my daughters girl scout troop tonight and I know there will be lots of yummy food and alcohol there so my goal is to have fun and enjoy but be sensible and mindful about what I eat. I am not back to where I was a week ago weight wise but I'm close and I want to be closer to my goal for June by Sunday. I'm doing the apple watch team challenge in July so that should be a good kick in the pants too. My July goal weight loss amount will be 5 lbs which I have yet to do! Since I started actively trying to lose weight in January I usually lose 3-4 lbs a month so we'll see.

I'll be able to respond back to a lot of folks on here, I've been trying to keep up but it has been madness around here with work and illness so haven't been able to really keep up. You're all in my thoughts though and I hope everyone has a great day!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday June 29

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

It's warm and sunny and I fancy ice cream. I does not fit in with my goals so the answer is NO and I'm sure iced water will be just as nice! o:)