JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1
    I liked your post when you said you're gonna build yourself up. I think it's a great attitude. Don't be harsh on yourself when you fail at something, just try to do something you can. One summer I decided to get into yoga, so I chose three poses and did only those three poses every morning. After a while, I included a few poses more and ended up with a whole sequence that I did daily (which I never did before, I am a hardcore couch potato, lol).
    Now I can't do it because I don't want to risk with gallstones pain, but when I take it out I'm gonna do it again. So my advice is to start small, with something manageable, like 3 yoga poses, 15 mins walk, dance on a few songs or just a few squats and build from there. Once you get momentum it will feel natural and effortless.

@nlmackey98
    I know the feeling and I am so happy for you! It's so good to feel that you just can be you and that it's ok. I felt like that a few times in my life, and every time it was a huge step forward. Last time I felt like that was maybe a year or two ago when I just had this feeling of acceptance of who I am at the moment. I spent years in shame because I live quite different from what I lived in the past and I've become a different person than I was in the past. I still struggle to show it completely to my friends who know me from the back then, but even being in peace with myself was a huge relief. I am who I am and that's ok. I am not aligned completely with what is popular at the time, but I was always kind of upwards swimmer, so, no change there :)

@littleblackskirt
    I completely related to what you said, that losing weight is one of those rare things that we actually can control. In that regard, I find the whole process of weight loss very powerful psychologically. It's like a message to oneself that there are things in our life that we can control and also that we are worthy of being treated well. Sorry for the bank issues, grrr, that can be a real pain in the a**. Yes, you'd expect that they learned to handle situations like those, it's not like your parents are the first ever elderly couple, lol.

@Faebert
    I am so sorry about your accident...From the time I spent here I have learned about you that you have a great spirit and steel willpower...I know you'll be back to running in no time. Just give it a time to heal properly. Sending you a special anti-pain hug!

@maryrobinson40
    I never knew that you've been through so much! Now I admire even more your uplifting spirit! I agree, NO is a powerful word.
    I am once more amazed by this thread, by all of you...such different lives, such different paths and yet, we're here cheering up for each other every day.

I just need to share with you one more time...time I've spent on this thread I could use better, I could do more, I could lose more weight, eat healthier, I could respect my commitments better...but, here I've found something I thought I had lost forever - I've found that mode of living the best I can in the given moment and given circumstances, instead of waiting for a perfect day, week, month. Last two months I was occasionally eating junk food, I was drinking soda, I missed walks...but I never said, oh what a hell, I am gonna kill myself with binge since the day, the week, the month is ruined. It might sound small or stupid, but it has a tremendous effect on me. I feel free again. And I'm losing weight.
    @daneejela I'm so proud of you I could cry. Sister...my beautiful, loving, caring Sister. You've taken your power back. Hallelujah!
    We each have our own way of regaining our strength and power. Showing up= POWER
    Sharing your struggle = POWER
    Realizing where you are and making a conscious decision to continue= POWER and all that combined fuel will get you
    to your goal. Young lady, YOU'RE A WINNER! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! YOU'VE GOT THIS!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    WE LOVE YOU AND WE ARE HERE☺ πŸ™
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good morning! I finally finished my driving course (literally down to the last day πŸ™„) so I'm going to drop off my certificate on my way into work.

@maryrobinson40 love you πŸ’–πŸ’– and thank you for believing in me!

Yesterday 6/27:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Finish traffic course😁
    4. Finish work at 5:20😞
    5. Cook dinner😞

JFT 6/28:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Cook dinner

@aubyshortcake ALWAYS SISTER🌹 I love you truly and I love and believe in you and all of the people
    on this thread. My heart illuminates when I log on here. I have found a beauty and a love among my
    Sisters here that I've never known. I'm pulling for each of you even more than I am myself. You're all
    going through something. And that's the light in the whole thing. We Are Going! We Are Not Stuck! We
    Are Making Progress! Through = A Way Out By Movement. We will , and we can succeed.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Home early. Don't feel good. At least I get to wash.

Awww sweetie... Feel better soon🎈 πŸ’ πŸ™ I LOVE YOU BUNCHES
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday
    1. Log everything βœ…
    2. 3 meals 2 fruit a day. No other snackingβœ…
    3. Be sensible when out to dinner tonight.βœ…
    4. Get in some exercise βœ…

JFT Sunday

1. Log everything
    2. 3 meals 2 fruit. No snacking
    3. Remind myself every time I want to reach for snacks why I am doing this.

I’ve let 6 months pass with no result. Make the next 6 months count.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday June 30

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

It's raining at the moment, I hope it clears for my walk!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/29

30 minutes intentional exercise :smile:
    Stay within calories :|
    Drink water when thirsty/before eating :)
    Add more Veggies :|
    All meals at home/homecooked :(
    Mindful eating all meals/snacks :|

JFT 6/30
    30 minutes exercise
    Healthy choices
    Mindful eating
    Day off-enjoy it!!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    1. Rest βœ”
    2. Water πŸ‘Ž
    3. Laundry βœ”
    4. No alarm tomorrow βœ”
    5. Grocery list βœ”
    6. Meal plan βœ”
    7. Engine show βœ”

JFT Sun
    1. Rest
    2. Empty/fill dish washer
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Hard boil eggs
    5. Finish two loads of laundry, put away!
    6. Set alarm for 700
    7. Bed by 10
    8. Finalize hotel plans

JFT Mon AM
    1. Make coffee
    2. Pack lunches
    3. Smoothie for breakfast
    4. Marriage license to town hall!
    5. Leave by 8:10
    6. Ask boss for namr change papers
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Forgot to get on and set goals today. Had takeaway with the bf last night and lunch out today so food choices have been not the best but I got in a long walk this morning and have clocked over 15k steps today so not a total write off. Knee feels much better so hoping to try and short run tomorrow morning.

Saturday goals recap:
    - kids up and ready to go with their dad 8:30 βœ…
    - grocery shopping βœ…
    - hang laundry βœ…
    - tidy house βœ…
    - head to Bf’s βœ…
    - rest βœ…

Sunday goals:
    - morning walk βœ…
    - lunch out with bf βœ… too much yummy food though
    - home by 6 βœ…
    - laundry away βœ…
    - girls unpack and sports kit ready for the morning βœ…
    - write up appraisal form and to-do list for Wednesday βœ…
    - bed by 10

Have a lovely day/evening all and I’ll see you tomorrow x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday June 30

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) I wasn't going to but decided that I should!
    Jan challenge >:)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge >:) it was wet and windy all day
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge >:) too lazy
    Jun challenge :)

It's raining at the moment, I hope it clears for my walk! Cooked 6 breakfasts for guests and they were too tempting, had an egg and bacon sandwich after the guests had eaten! Cleaned the rooms then was lazy but made an effort to meet my Fitbit goals. I did not get out for a walk.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    'Drinking when you are hungry thirsty is usually a good tactic! Just noticed I typed hungry instead of thirsty. Lol!

Goals for Sun 30/06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😁
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😁
    • follow through 😁
    • Hydration 😁

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😁
    • 15+ mins strength 😁
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😏 10 mins

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😁
    • Visit DED and her DGSs 😁
    • Sort out and store groups equipment for summer 😏 Started!
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😁

Goals for Mon 01/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength
    • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Work on accounts
    • Sort out and store the rest of groups equipment for summer
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I didn't log or post goals today. I'll be back on in the morning to get back on track!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, happy Monday. Decided the knee needs another day of rest today but am up early and have done some work so feeling motivated. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Going to be a busy couple of days for me as have our yeargroup’s big event on Wednesday. A garden/craft/food/art and design exhibition and sale so lots to prep. Should be fun but crazy! On to the goals..

Sunday goals:
    - morning walk βœ…
    - lunch out with bf βœ… too much yummy food though
    - home by 6 βœ…
    - laundry away βœ…
    - girls unpack and sports kit ready for the morning βœ…
    - write up appraisal form and to-do list for Wednesday βœ…
    - bed by 10 βœ…

Monday goals:
    - write event guide, menu and price list βœ…
    - pack snacks and schoolbags
    - take sunflowers to work
    - buy milk and frozen berries on way to work
    - prep art lesson materials
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - check on lesson plan with M
    - issue parent tickets at home time
    - back observational drawings
    - health food store after work
    - June challenge
    - bed by 9:30

Wishing you all a great start to the week x

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options

My goals for the weekend are to be sensible with eating, no takeaways. I have planned ahead and am taking a microwave ready meal with me tomorrow so I won't be tempted to go for takeaway food.

Happy Monday!

I impressed myself at the weekend, no eating out, no takeaway (I actually sat at the red traffic lights debating...turn left for home, right for the chippy...made the right decision!) On Sunday I logged and finished just under 1300 calories.

I don't do selfies and very rarely see a photo of myself. Took a couple recently standing up, but didn't look bad enough to inspire me. So at the weekend I took some very unflattering photos of myself sitting on the sofa.
    These are bad enough to get me dieting again lol.
    We're now half way through the year and I'm only 5lbs less than in January, I need to make more effort. So the food scales are back out and I'm logging properly.

JFT Monday 1st July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Pay bills, do paperwork
    Shop
    Walk
    Visit parents
    Make good choices, say No

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan 14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75
    Mar 4th: 164.75
    Mar 11th: 167.75
    Mar 18th: 165
    Mar 25th: 164
    Apr 1st: 162.75
    Apr 15th: 164.25
    May 13th: 166.25
    May 20th: 165.75
    Jun 10th: 167.5
    Jun 17th: 164.75
    Jun 24th: 167
    Jul 1st: 169

Really fell of the wagon from Thursday onwards and as such am 2 pounds up. Doh !

Initially it was about blowing off steam from work stress and then essentially it was just 'sod it' greed.

A little bit frustrated but just need to move on. I definitely want to lose those two pounds back this week - this weigh-in took me back over 12 stone which I haven't been over in ages so, psychologically, I want it gone!

I have some potential overeating occasions this week but fewer than last week and hopefully this week the shock of this morning's weigh-in will motivate me to behave myself....
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 2 x job applications
    - Catch up on job alert emails
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Morning all,
    this week is gonna be crazy, but I'm gonna take it day by day. One step at a time :)
    Last few days food wise there were some really good days and there were some less good days (friend's birthday).
    What I am grateful about is that my good days are getting more and more good and my bad days are pretty moderate compared to the past.
    My regular scale doesn't show 2kg lost measured at scale at my parents, so that was a bit of a downer, but I am not gonna focus on it too much. After years of gaining weight, if I maintain this weight, it's also ok.

Work-wise, I think that I've jumped into the water, and now I need to learn to swim. I have to learn a lot, both expertise related and all those new skills that I don't have much experience with (communication and organization).
    It's definitely gonna be challenging, and one of the challenges is how not to let it interfere with my personal life, especially when things have finally fallen into place. I feel so in love with my hubby, we're playful like two teens lately (after years of struggling and tunning). I am so grateful for that.

So, JFT:

- don't do junk food (ice cream, I am talking about you ; ) )
    - don't eat after dinner
    - drink enough of water
    - do Kt (one thing at a time)

@maryrobinson40 thank you for the support and for being such a sunshine! Don't worry about one lazy day, it's quite normal and IMO even good, to have those, especially in the summer.
    Small changes over a long time are what makes difference and you're doing awesome :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Draft blog post. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.
    3. Groceries. Review tour guide script. Dishes. Laundry. Downtown library - pick up book. Return PI?
    4. Get together with family. Print sheet music - begin practicing!
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00..
    8. Meeting 9:15 Friday. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. So on Saturday I was NOT feeling well, but fortunately we had enough people on in the department that my supervisor let me head out early. My brother's flight arrived that night, and so we went to church with him and my parents yesterday morning, and then we all went to lunch at the garden before my afternoon shift as a tour guide - and then they went on my very first tour! I really enjoyed it - and then I had ANOTHER tour that evening!

The tour of the garden takes about two hours, so I was on my feet a lot yesterday and they're definitely tired! I got in about 20k steps all told. It was hot, too - probably upper 80s, and that's because most of it is along shaded paths. Humid, though. I had been focused on learning the information for the tour, but one of the most challenging parts was remembering that while I also paid attention to how the guests were doing as we walked through the garden. I didn't want to wear them out or have them get overheated, but I also didn't want it to drag. Managing that was an interesting puzzle!

I'm SO glad that I'm off today. I was worried that this week was going to be absolutely miserable, but I'm only scheduled for the days we have fireworks at the park. Those will be REALLY long days - 14+ hour shifts with temperatures approaching 100F - but at least there's only two of them and they're not consecutive. WHEW.