JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT ~|~ 2019

Keeping up with the basics quite well. Weight is slowly dropping back from splurge last Sunday at DEDs house. DGS had baked specially for our visit. 3 different goodies. He is 16 and likes to experiment.

Slow and steady wins the race! Looks like you are doing a great job!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Well, I don't think you have to worry about getting your exercise in with all that cleaning! 20lbs! That is doable by December, if you want it. Even with hitting the pause button until after the wedding. I suggest you make a goal to maintain. That means you are not eating with abandon. Plus you want to make sure your dress fits on the big day!

This is a whirlwind of a week. If you haven't done so, I suggest you and Lauryn go for a quick coffee and just enjoy the time together. Did you ever decide on a small gift? You had mentioned you were thinking of getting her some little something.

Are they honeymooning somewhere?

Enjoy enjoy enjoy this week and weekend! What doesn't get done, just let it go...it's not going to be missed because no one is going to be expecting it :) And the whole point is getting two people married :)

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Yesterday I got all my goals done.

JFT 6/28
    Exercise: I pulled weeds for 2 1/2 hours. I'm done!
    Water: 8 cups--- 6 more to go
    logging meal am doing that now

Note to Self:
    rpic0z5x94xs.png

Peace and Joy!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JFT ~|~ 2019

Goals for Fri 28/06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😎
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😎
    • follow through 😎
    • Hydration 😎

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😎 8098
    • 15+ mins strength 😏 Only 10 today
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😏 Only 12 today

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😎
    • am - Visit Sculpture Exhibition in local Walled Garden 😎
    • Trial run on route to boatyard (boat is being fitted with new engine next week) 😎
    • Gardening after lunch 😉 Just a little! Too hot to do much
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😎
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😎

Goals for Sat 29
    /06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength
    • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Local shops for fresh provisions
    • Sort out and store groups equipment for summer
    • Fold/store laundry
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    6/28 recap

60 minute run 😄
    stay within calories😐 close though!
    Healthy Choices :)
    drink water :|
    all meals at home (except for picnic of course) 😁
    Mindful eating at picnic-be deliberate with choices 😊

Had a decent day, home fairly early from a picnic and had fun. Went a little over but it was accidental and only by 10. I miscalculated. Oh well! Tomorrow is another day.
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good morning JFT’s.
    I’m sitting in Maccas. You may well say “Not a good start to the weekend “ but a bacon and egg McMuffin and a long black are a good choice.
    I went on to Reddit today, which I rarely do.
    A woman posted what I thought was powerful advice. At least for me.
    She said to hold yourself accountable often during the day. It’s easy when reaching for a snack to forget what you are doing. I do this all the time. I even considered going to WW but then I thought”why? Just to keep yourself accountable “ surely I have what it takes to do that.
    JFT Saturday
    1. Log everything
    2. 3 meals 2 fruit a day. No other snacking
    3. Be sensible when out to dinner tonight.
    4. Get in some exercise
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 6-28-19

1. June challenge :)
    2. Redo snack box :(
    3. Finish cleaning up the bathroom :(
    4. DO THE DISHES :(
    5. Put away pantry items :(
    6. Research how to make an effective resume :(

Wow...I didn't do a single thing on my list today...except the June Challenge

I spent most of the day going back through my training and taking notes(which I neglected to do the first time through :D ) Plus Matt and I woke up feeling pretty terrible. At first, it seemed like a cold but I think it may have only been allergies. But still, it gave us the excuse to have a totally lazy day. Lol.

Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day.

JFT, 6/29/19

1. June Challenge
    2. Up at 845
    3. Leave for M's by 9:30
    4. Home by 12
    5. Sweep bathroom floor
    6. Research resume writing tips
    7. DO THE FRICKEN DISHES!!!
    8. Pay rent
    9. Actually make dinner
    10. Bed before midnight
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/29

30 minutes intentional exercise
    Stay within calories
    Drink water when thirsty/before eating
    Add more Veggies
    All meals at home/homecooked
    Mindful eating all meals/snacks

I strained a calf muscle yesterday during my long run. I'll have to take it easy for the next two days so probably going to be yoga/swimming/walking. I was really hoping to reach my next mini goal weight wise by the end of June and today I was half a pound away! So if I lose.6 lbs overnight then I'll get there but if not I guess I'll reach it in July. :) Not too bad. I'm within 10.5 lbs of my goal weight! Celebrating that by starting a July apple watch team challenge and going to rock that.

Thought for the group (and possible discussion? Would love to hear other viewpoints). I always see "drink x amount of water" and I also try to drink more water, especially if I work out and bc it's summer. I think it's good policy to drink a glass of water or tea before meals but other than that I am wondering what research you are using or following to the drink x amount of water per day? Everything I have read recently just says drink when you're thirsty, or a glass before meals to help with fullness but that nobody really needs to drink half your weight in ounces per day or anything like that. Just thinking that might be something you don't really have to stress out about or beat yourself up over. Thoughts?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Take 2 protein bars. Pack lunch & dinner. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Read history book during breaks at park. Call doctoral candidate. Take computer; compare assessment list with calendar and unit plans. Check on gyms.
    3. Call garden during break. Text parents to confirm Sunday.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Shower. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Take 2 protein bars. Pack lunch & dinner. Leave for park by 8:50. CALL RC ABOUT SUNDAY. Pick up books from libraries Monday.
    2. Read history book during breaks at park. Call doctoral candidate. Take computer; compare assessment list with calendar and unit plans. Check on gyms.
    3. Call garden during break. Text parents to confirm Sunday.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Shower. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.
    7. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Check on audition for MM and look for Strongest Suit music. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Fridays and Saturdays are LONG days at the park. I've got my lunch packed but I haven't logged it and I don't know where the device is and it's worse on the computer. Oh well. I have a test for the garden tomorrow to see if I can be a tour guide. Kind of stressing about that. I'll have the book finished but I don't know what all will be on the test.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm so glad it's the weekend, I am so tired. I slept 11 hours and I'm still tired.. Lol!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 6/28:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Finish work at 5:20😞
    4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 6/29:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Do workout
    4. Buy birthday present for Quinn (our niece, her 7th bday party is tomorrow)
    5. Do laundry for tomorrow
    6. Do nails
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hey all. London is scorching today and I’m feeling v lazy. Still on rest for the knees and just mainly relaxing so not sure I have any goals for today! But I thought I’d jump on and wish you all a v happy weekend. X

Friday goals recap:
    - rest day ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Pick up cassava chips and table coverings? on way to school ✅
    - print Brazil profile sheets and fruit colouring pages on arrival ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - pack homework folders ✅
    - do GaG certificate before leaving ✅
    - prep resources for Monday Art lesson
    - water plants ✅
    - leave by 5 ✅
    - Health food store and pick up dinner for kids ✅
    - kids hair wash and pack for weekend with their dad ✅
    - laundry and start house clean ❎
    - bed by 10 ❎

Saturday goals:
    - kids up and ready to go with their dad 8:30 ✅
    - grocery shopping ✅
    - hang laundry ✅
    - tidy house ✅
    - head to Bf’s ✅
    - rest
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Lots of people headed over for a cookout, so I just have a few.

JFT Saturday

- Self defense class with V
    - Pick up packages that were shipped to my dad’s house.
    - Pick up soda & ice
    - Be mindful at the cookout
    - No alcohol
    - Rule bocci ball
    - Bed by 11:00
    - Be patient with the kids

Positive Thought: Thankful that people come to see me, not my house.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2019
    Options
    It’s heartening to see all the effort you are putting into maintaining health and fitness.

JFT ~|~ 2019
    Goals for Sat 29/06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😄
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😄
    • follow through 😄
    • Hydration 😄

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😄 over goal but not quite done yet. 😂
    • 15+ mins strength 😄 20 mins. My upper thighs are complaining but who cares? It’s working.
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😬 Just!

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😌
    • Local shops for fresh provisions 😄
    • Sort out and store groups equipment for summer 😏 still working on this.
    • Fold/store laundry

Goals for Sun 30/06
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength
    • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Visit DED and her DGSs
    • Sort out and store groups equipment for summer

• TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @korina75 You are quite right. Drinking when you’re hungry is usually a good tactic.

NHS in UK recommends consuming around 64 oz fluids daily for good health. (A glass holds about 8 ozs) This includes all liquids However, if you eat lots of water rich foods you may not need as much as this. My doctor recommends the Pee Test! If your pee is very dark it probably means you aren’t getting enough fluids. If it’s a light straw colour, then you are doing fine.

It’s also a good idea to drink a few extra glasses if your food is high sodium. High sodium levels can lead to the body retaining water, hence you weigh more until the sodium is flushed out. I always drink lots of water if eating out as the sodium in restaurant meals always gives me a weight spike.

Drinking more water than the body needs can be as bad as not drinking enough. The body just gets rid of what it doesn’t need, so you find that you just have to pee more. 😂
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    korina75 wrote: »
    JFT 6/29

Thought for the group (and possible discussion? Would love to hear other viewpoints). I always see "drink x amount of water" and I also try to drink more water, especially if I work out and bc it's summer. I think it's good policy to drink a glass of water or tea before meals but other than that I am wondering what research you are using or following to the drink x amount of water per day? Everything I have read recently just says drink when you're thirsty, or a glass before meals to help with fullness but that nobody really needs to drink half your weight in ounces per day or anything like that. Just thinking that might be something you don't really have to stress out about or beat yourself up over. Thoughts?

I've never stressed over drinking enough water. I don't drink much plain water, mostly lots of tea. I suppose water would be better but it's not what I want. I'm in my 50s and I don't remember anyone when I was young taking water to drink when they went out, nobody carried a bottle with them. I doubt we were all dehydrated then!

I use the urine colour to tell if I'm hydrated enough. I think we know our own bodies, I know how many mugs of liquid I need in a day to be just right.

Slightly different thing, do people drink along with eating meals? I eat my meal then have a drink a little while afterwards, but others drink at the same time. I read that drinking whilst eating dilutes the stomach acid which dissolves the food. Right or wrong, who knows?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday June 29

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge >:)

It's warm and sunny and I fancy ice cream. I does not fit in with my goals so the answer is NO and I'm sure iced water will be just as nice! o:)

I'm behind! I avoided ice cream yesterday. I met some of my usual goals today but I'm not in the green as I'm drinking too much and having chocolate after dinner. I will try to do better tomorrow!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Home early. Don't feel good. At least I get to wash.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Drink water!!! :|
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. Cook dinner at home :)
    4. Atleast one load of laundry :):)
    5. Stop at Wal-Mart; window insulation and pasta >:) but thats good$
    6. Be kind :p mostly, just a shorter fuse at the end of this long week!
    7. Clean up kitchen :)

Goals took two days but getting back to it! Habits that need improving are water, breakfast, making my coffee before bed. Knowing the drill makes it easier to transition back to healthier habits. Onto the next project, name change for me! Worked 6 days in a row and survived. Hope to catchup with you all soon after I catch up on some rest!

1. Rest
    2. Water
    3. Laundry
    4. No alarm tomorrow
    5. Grocery list
    6. Meal plan
    7. Engine show