JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    @littleblackskirt Hugs to you. What you are doing has to be one of the most difficult things a child can do for their parents. I hope you can find moments of peace for yourself.

@Snowflake1968 Best of luck at the interview. Having a second interview is a terrific sign.

Personally, I need to get my act together I have a beach trip in August and I am going the wrong way with weight loss. I've totally stopped making goals. Ok, I've made some, but I've put zero effort into achieving them. Part of it is I derail before I even log on to set the goals. Maybe I'll start doing my goals the night before. For today I'll just start here and ignore what has or has not already happened.

- Lunch: protein bar and orange
    - log ALL food
    - No afternoon junk food.
    - Figure out the details of taxes and such on my father's 401K and life insurance
    - Don't let stress lead to binging, even on healthy thing
    - Eat a small snack/meal before VBS tonight so that I'm not eating junk trying to satiate the hunger.
    - Eat a light meal after VBS if I'm hungry
    - Lay out clothes for the gym.
    - Write in gratitude journal (forgot last night)
    - bed by 10:30, Don't sleep on the couch.

Positive thought: Our VBS has more kids than we planned for. We are a small church, and its exciting to see new faces when I walk in.

Peace and love y'all!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Just had the second interview, I think the job is mine. We set out what dates I can train in between now and the wedding.

Woohoo! So happy for you! And so good that they will fit training around the wedding. Very well deserved. Congrats x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Just had the second interview, I think the job is mine. We set out what dates I can train in between now and the wedding.

That's awesome! Crossing all my fingers for you, although doesn't sound like I need to :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member

That is so awesome!!! :D
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member

So happy for you. Glad they are taking the wedding into account when scheduling training. That is definitely a great sign that you've got it. Now take it and run!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Had a good weekend. I'll do an update post in a little while but here are my goals for the day!

JFT, 6/17/19

1. June challenge(have fallen away from this) :)Ate like crap but wasnt over my calorie limit too bad
    2. School day :)Forgot that yesterday was my students final for "lunch" so he didnt need to come in until later. I spent two hours hanging out in the teachers lounge listening to music and stuff. Lol
    4. Do the dishes as soon as I get home :rage:
    5. Fold the dang clothes! :rage:Didnt really do anything other then the training modules yesterday. It took up most of my evening
    7. Acutally make dinner! :rage:See above
    8. Complete 2 training modules :smiley:I think I did 3 of them though. One was about 30 minutes, the second was 90 and the last was 2 hours. They were really annoying though because they went over the same stuff over and over and over! And it was basic stuff and stuff that I had already learned about in my current job with the school.
    9. Do the dishes immediately after dinner! :rage:See above.
    Okay. Keeping it simple!

I REALLY need to get back on the house of doing things around the house. For instance the dishes and folding of the clothes. But I also just want to get this training done! I still have like 15 training modules to get one. Although the next one is the longest one left. It's a 108 minutes. So about an hour and 45 minutes. I'm going to get that one done this afternoon. Matt also has a treatment with M this afternoon as well for his stomach. I'm excited to see where that takes him. Keep those fingers crossed and sending those prayers to heaven!

JFT, 6/18/19

1. School day(only 3 more left!)
    2. M's at 12:30
    3. Do the damn dishes!!!!
    4. Come on girl! Fold those effing clothes!!
    5. Actually make dinner. Even if it's something as simple as heating up tortellini. Just do it!
    6. Do some kind of physical activity today. I dont care what it is. Just something.
    7. Do 2 training modules
    8. Night time routine
    9. Bed by 10:30
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited June 2019

If I red this when I had just discovered this thread, I would just say - congrats, without many emotions. But after witnessing all your struggles and positivity through it, I feel so happy for you!!
    I hope they also know how lucky they are to have you!

@bookmeister86
    Tortoise fable is so applicable to weight loss! A lady, in one of the podcasts I listen to, once asked - do you want to lose those pounds fast or forever? I often think about that question...if you think in the terms of forever, then what does it really mean a few weeks or few months extra time?
    I don't put my pictures on the vision board, just random images from the internet that I find relatable or inspiring in some way. I'll put it below in the spoiler.
    The right part is there because we are in the middle of renovation of our space, and I got lost in the details a lot, overthinking each decision. So, I put those room images there to keep me focused on the initial idea.
    The left part is for the daily habits I'd like to have (healthy food, walking, dressing up...). When I remove gallstones I'll add some more exciting forms of exercise, for now, I'll just stick with walking.
    The central part is a reminder for what I really value the most - my relationships: with my husband, my family, and my friends. It's so easy to get lost in small everyday disappointments and to forget how lucky we are because those people have chosen us for a partner or for a friend...I could be the CEO of the universe if this central part is not in place, I know I won't be happy. So those images remind me of these values and inspire me to do more for people I love and care about. Pregnant lady represents one of my main why's for the weight loss - to get to a healthy weight for pregnancy and to build up those habits so that my (hopefully) future kids can grow in a healthy environment. "Simple pleasures" is just that - a reminder to not forget those small moments of joy, like coffee with friends, learning languages or just dancing in the living room. :)
    Sorry for writing a novel, as usual. I bet you were not that much interested in my vision board, lol, but I got carried away :D Hope you don't mind me sharing.
    n9abz0xsqmnz.jpg

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    @littleblackskirt
    I won't go too deep into this, because I'll get too emotional, but I just wanted to tell you that I know how you feel.
    I am a late child, my parents were close to their fifties when I was born, so they are now in their 70s and 80s. I still can't really process their aging. The hard part is also that they live 300 miles away from me, which makes it really hard to be as helpful as I'd like to. I feel both guilty and worried more or less constantly. They were such good parents to me while I was growing up and I feel awful when I can't be always there when they need me.
    I am lucky that my husband is very supportive and that we can arrange our job with lots of freedom, so we spend a good part of a year with them.
    Your parents are so lucky to have you!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 18 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) used lots of energy scrubbing my parents garden furniture so that offset the wine I rewarded myself with!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:) doubtful
    Feb challenge >:) wine ....
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge

I've spent hours scrubbing my parent's wooden garden furniture and decided that it could do worth an extra scrub tomorrow. So much for instructions saying apply the liquid and wash it back off - it's taking lots of elbow grease! I will stay with my parents tonight so as I'm not driving and I decided my hard work deserved wine.

@snowflake1968. So pleased for you, I have fingers and toes crossed that this will work out.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 6/18 recap

Healthy Choices-Eat Mindfully 😐
    Stay within calories 😐
    60 minutes exercise 😐
    Eat all meals at home 😐
    Catch up on Laundry 😐
    10 minutes meditation 😞

Half assed this whole day but I guess that’s better than not assing it at all! 😂
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    I got the job!!!! I’ll try to catch up shortly.

I've been away for 5 days, and just now got on here to try and catch up! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! And right before the wedding! Now you can thoroughly enjoy that big day! Again , so well deserved, and so very happy for you!!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member

Hooray!!! Brilliant news @snowflake1968. X
  • bookmeister86

Congratulations!!!!! So pleased for you :)
  • bookmeister86
    edited June 2019
    A pretty good day yesterday, I managed to stay pretty much within calories and do pretty much everything I planned to do (I hadn't been that ambitious, but still). Hopefully today will be another good day! There will be temptations every other day this week so having another good day will put me in a good place before I have to deal with those.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Read response cards x2 :neutral: Just once
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo :smile:
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :smile:
    - Finish work by 6.30pm :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a 200+ deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Take and submit meter reading
    - Wash clutch bag
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 660 in the green

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 14th: >:):smiley:
    June 15th: >:):smiley:
    June 16th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 17th: :smiley::smiley:

• ZizzyBumble

Congratulations, that's great news.
  • bookmeister86
    daneejela wrote: »

If I red this when I had just discovered this thread, I would just say - congrats, without many emotions. But after witnessing all your struggles and positivity through it, I feel so happy for you!!
    I hope they also know how lucky they are to have you!

@bookmeister86
    Tortoise fable is so applicable to weight loss! A lady, in one of the podcasts I listen to, once asked - do you want to lose those pounds fast or forever? I often think about that question...if you think in the terms of forever, then what does it really mean a few weeks or few months extra time?
    I don't put my pictures on the vision board, just random images from the internet that I find relatable or inspiring in some way. I'll put it below in the spoiler.
    The right part is there because we are in the middle of renovation of our space, and I got lost in the details a lot, overthinking each decision. So, I put those room images there to keep me focused on the initial idea.
    The left part is for the daily habits I'd like to have (healthy food, walking, dressing up...). When I remove gallstones I'll add some more exciting forms of exercise, for now, I'll just stick with walking.
    The central part is a reminder for what I really value the most - my relationships: with my husband, my family, and my friends. It's so easy to get lost in small everyday disappointments and to forget how lucky we are because those people have chosen us for a partner or for a friend...I could be the CEO of the universe if this central part is not in place, I know I won't be happy. So those images remind me of these values and inspire me to do more for people I love and care about. Pregnant lady represents one of my main why's for the weight loss - to get to a healthy weight for pregnancy and to build up those habits so that my (hopefully) future kids can grow in a healthy environment. "Simple pleasures" is just that - a reminder to not forget those small moments of joy, like coffee with friends, learning languages or just dancing in the living room. :)
    Sorry for writing a novel, as usual. I bet you were not that much interested in my vision board, lol, but I got carried away :D Hope you don't mind me sharing.
    n9abz0xsqmnz.jpg

I really like the board! That's much more inspiring than the skinny people I was imagining :smile:

I am almost certainly too lazy to create a physical board like this - I'm not very crafty and we don't have a lot of space - however I could use Pinterest for a digital equivalent. I already use that to pin travel inspiration (and cat pictures) but I could also use it for 'lifestyle' inspiration.

I think it's important across this journey to see it as a lifestyle to aspire to - NOT just a set of restrictions that we do for a time.

Thank you for sharing!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday Jun 20

Early start as the shop delivering my mum's new mattress phoned at 06:30 to say they be here at 07:00 :s Now enjoying my second cup of tea then I will get on with cleaning their garden furniture.

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge