JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @nimackey98 you show such insight and are inspirational. Sending hugs to you.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 14 June

Log accurately ;) best guess
    Stay in the green ;) probably just
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) although it's refusing to sync my excercise!
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge >:) hung the washing out but did not find time to enjoy the outdoors
    Apr challenge :) two clean and frost free freezers to show for today's efforts!
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :) tried my best

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @daneejela I love how you put into words things I cannot, and how inspiring you are! Even something simple, like every moment is a chance... like better posture. Funny because I was reading that hunched over my computer at work, and I immediately sat up straight! LOL

@cschmitz110515 LOL! I sat up straight too! I hadn't even noticed how much I was slouching.

@Snowflake1968 It seems that I missed your anniversary! HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :flowerforyou:

@bookmeister86 I can see from others' posts that I missed something with your "ex" CEO. I will have to go back and see what's up at work with you! Sounds like it may have been a good thing though...good for you! :)

@Bex953172 and @maryrobinson40 YOU'RE BACK! Sure do miss you both when you are gone! (((HUGS))) :heart:
    @PackerFanInGB girlfriend... I had to get myself together. I'm workin on my come back... The loss of my
    brother really took me down to my knees. I was being strong for everyone else and didn't know that I
    was dissolving inside. That was my prayer partner, my counselor, my get by, my leaning post. Whew!
    Then my body responded by getting sick, sooo... I kinda had to shut out most of my life, including
    ministry, TV, loved ones. You all were the biggest help. There's no place like home...that's what this
    thread means to me.🙌
    I LOVE YOU ALL😍 💝☺

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @snowflake - love your barn door (really would like one or more in my home, they are so cool)
    @mlhc1 so glad your dh opened up with you

My stepfa in law was hospitalzed and needed surgical repair while out camping and needs more surgery. Heading out with my mom to a funeral back east tomorrow. There's so much need to get done tonight. It's all crazy making.

where are you @maryrobinson ? how's it going?

@cory17 I'm here sweetie. It's been kinda rough on the old girl... Lol…. I'm working on my come back.
    I LOVE YOU!! Missed you too.💝🙆

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    I'm here, 116 posts behind.

JFT: Try to mentally work out all the issues! I'm living in a house that isn't complete, my kids are out of control and my marriage counselor told me I have two options: continue to live in misery with intermittent moments of happiness bc my husband is unwilling to work on things or concede to separation. Needless to say, I'm broken emotionally and cannot physically pull myself up. I'm going to need some time to just aquire strength again.

❤ Miss you gals, stay strong!!
    @MLHC1 ... Oh My Dear one. Sister I have been in similar shoes, however, I'm not going to say that
    I know how you feel because I don't. We each individually have our tolerance levels, we all process
    differently, and we all need that unconditional support system that we can draw from. We Are Here For
    You. No judging, just loving arms for you to lean on. Do what you need to do for the children, and yourself.
    I will keep you in my prayers. I love you.

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT
    EXERCISES
    MORE LAUNDRY...takes longer without the dryer😁
    Cooked and fed children
    Did dishes
    Polished Nails
    Took out trash and recycling
    Not enough water today...must improve on this
    TV... Hallmark Movie
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Big fail for me last night with an attack of the f-it Fridays! Annoyed with myself as i had started the day so well with an epic run. But I keep forgetting to fuel properly during the day so the evenings aren’t a problem. When will I learn?! Anyway, have already moved on. Got up, put some laundry on and had a light breakfast. Just done my Warrior class and going to get cracking with the cleaning in a bit.

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 8 miles/13k! Happy
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - laminate booklets on arrival ✅
    - print homework sheets ✅
    - reply to parent email and book in kids cooking session ❎
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - chase solicitor re TofE❎
    - call new gym guy❎
    - Do GaG certificate and water plants before leaving✅
    - eyebrows after work✅
    - girls pack for weekend at their dad’s and write father’s day cards✅
    - log it all - GBU ❎😕
    - bed by 10❎

Saturday goals:
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - Laundry
    - Cleaning
    - Phone new gym and sort issue
    - Pack and head to bf’s
    - Rest and enjoy

Have a lovely weekend everyone! X
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    There is so much I'd like to say to many of you, but today I just have one goal - to survive this day as calmly as possible:)

I don't think I would be able to handle this level of stress a few years back, but now I feel surprisingly calm like I'm in the center of a hurricane, where I still feel safe, but there are chaos and mess everywhere around me.
    Today we are launching a service we've been working on the last few months. It's so not ready for the production, it hasn't been properly tested and I can only expect more mess as the day advances.

In addition, this morning hubby wanted to go to the orchard we're trying to set up that's pretty far away from us, and since he's been so supportive and wonderful lately I just couldn't say 'no', knowing how much it means to him to reset in nature.

So, I woke up at 4:30 am, after just an hour and a half of sleep. Additionally, I got the biggest period ever...TMI warning! there was (and still is) blood everywhere around me. Then my tooth started to ache. Then nervous calls from colleagues started coming. Now I am back home, on position, trying to be ready for the moment when sh** hits the fan :)

Oh, and I promised a neighbor to fix a bunch of math problems for him by tomorrow. Grrr..

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day today! I'll take time to respond to everyone when all this settles down. Hugs!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. COFFEE. Pack lunch and log it. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Ask Kristen (?) about digital pay stub. Work on PPT during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Note - Check on 1st week of July. How much do they need me? I need to let J know at the garden.
    3. Record audio for lit review. SUBMIT PROJECT.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Monday is lunch with A; need to set time. Check on audition for MM. Tuesday 4-6 is coloring club. Next Saturday is library day with parents.

JFT Saturday
    1. COFFEE. Pack lunch and log it. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Find images for PPT. Work on PPT script during breaks at park. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO.
    3. Wash hair. Bed.
    4. Sunday AM: Record audio for lit review. SUBMIT PROJECT. Monday is lunch with A; need to set time. Check on audition for MM. Tuesday 4-6 is coloring club. Next Saturday is library day with parents.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. 13 hour shift today. Project not done and due tomorrow. Putting on the extra-snug compression socks. Will I hit 30k steps? Let's find out!

You know what? I'm removing the "how much do they need me?" question from the to-do list. If I get a day off from the park, I'm not going to go in at the garden, I am going to TAKE A FREAKING BREAK. Fourth of July week is going to be a challenge anyway. :P
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT Recap 6/14
    40 minutes exercise :)
    Drink water :)
    Relax and have fun :)
    Let my family just be today :)

Had such a great day with my family yesterday. We just hung out, relaxed, and enjoyed ourselves all afternoon. I definitely over indulged but it was worth it and planned. Today the family gets to relax but I am working. I don't mind though, it'll be a fun day with clients that I like. Had a great run yesterday, today I think I'll swim just to shake things up.

Tomorrow I get to relax! I wish I could sleep in though. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up at 6 am every single day. Kids are done with school so I don't have to get up but I still do! UGH! :p d

JFT 6/15
    30 minutes swimming
    Stay within calories
    drink water
    no alcohol

Keeping it simple today bc my body is a bit tired from staying up late and indulging!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Water NOW!
    2. Work til Atleast 1 - but leave if offered!
    3. Skim pond, add Chen's
    4. Scrub back deck/stairs
    5. Take down swing chair
    6. Move glider chair
    7. Eat packed lunch
    8. Cook dinner at home!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    I don’t have time right now to respond to everyone but I wanted to say this to @nlmackey98:

I have a friend that has been a part of my life since I was 13 years old that was diagnosed as bipolar in 2016 after going through a very manic state for a few months. I was the one that had to call the police and get her the help she needed, her children (fortunately all grown) were scared.
    I was petrified for her and didn’t know how else to help her but to get her to professionals. I saw her at Kaitlyn’s shower in May for the first time since this manic phase and she looks so sad. She is a shell of the beautiful, brilliant woman she was, but she is still loving and caring and she is still my friend.

She tells me often that she is treated differently since her diagnosis, I don’t see why, she is still the same person on a deep level, she now has finally been diagnosed and treated for the disease she has had since I’ve known her. This time in 2016 was the 4th manic cycle I have seen her go through, this by far being the worse. In all of those years of it she raised 3 beautiful children, on her own for a lot of those years. Went back to school twice, and graduated with a 3.8 gpa from her last course in 2012.

Before the diagnosis everyone said “oh that’s just (her name) now those same people avoid her and have cut her out of their life. It’s so sad. She is coming to the wedding with her youngest daughter and I can’t wait to see her. Funnily enough she was brilliant in the sciences too.

I am so proud of you for telling us what it’s like for you and I just want to say I’m very happy and proud to be your friend and I wish we lived closer so we could visit.

Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    I’ll try to catch everyone else later, I’m off to start another busy day
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    I don’t have time right now to respond to everyone but I wanted to say this to @nlmackey98:

I have a friend that has been a part of my life since I was 13 years old that was diagnosed as bipolar in 2016 after going through a very manic state for a few months. I was the one that had to call the police and get her the help she needed, her children (fortunately all grown) were scared.
    I was petrified for her and didn’t know how else to help her but to get her to professionals. I saw her at Kaitlyn’s shower in May for the first time since this manic phase and she looks so sad. She is a shell of the beautiful, brilliant woman she was, but she is still loving and caring and she is still my friend.

She tells me often that she is treated differently since her diagnosis, I don’t see why, she is still the same person on a deep level, she now has finally been diagnosed and treated for the disease she has had since I’ve known her. This time in 2016 was the 4th manic cycle I have seen her go through, this by far being the worse. In all of those years of it she raised 3 beautiful children, on her own for a lot of those years. Went back to school twice, and graduated with a 3.8 gpa from her last course in 2012.

Before the diagnosis everyone said “oh that’s just (her name) now those same people avoid her and have cut her out of their life. It’s so sad. She is coming to the wedding with her youngest daughter and I can’t wait to see her. Funnily enough she was brilliant in the sciences too.

I am so proud of you for telling us what it’s like for you and I just want to say I’m very happy and proud to be your friend and I wish we lived closer so we could visit.

Tracey

I second this! I had no idea that bipolar was what you had to deal with! It certainly doesnt make me think any different towards you!
    Sharing what you did has made me realise something myself. My partner has borderline personality disorder and when hes out and about hes pretty much "normal" but then at home and with me he can really be a pain at times. But youve made me see that for everyone else its just an act so no one sees the real him, in the way you said. But with me he can be himself! Which is nice to know j can give him that security and safe place. So thank you for sharing!

Love and hugs! Xxx
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on late today.. We went to Lowe's and bought some tile with a store credit we had that we plan on using in our bathroom when we move. We've been eyeballing this tile for months (before we even knew we were getting a house this soon) so it was nice to finally actually get some! It's porcelain but made to look like grey marble 😍

@nlmackey98 thank you for opening up to us and trusting us all with your struggles. We are all hear to listen whenever you need! 💖💖

@maryrobinson40 I'm so sorry you've been having such a tough time. You are strong and I believe in you! 💞💕

@Snowflake1968 you are doing fantastic with your swimming, you should be SO proud!!!!

Yesterday I went a little over but still under maintenance. Today I've inhaled some trail mix but managed to stop myself after about 3 servings instead of eating the whole bag (left over from my husband's lunch bag yesterday). Hoping to plan a light and affordable dinner tonight and get a walk in to offset some of it.

We got a quote on a new roof for the house, which it doesn't quite need yet but will soon, and we all agreed the best course of action for everyone involved would be for the seller to take an additional 5k off the price of the house. When the time comes, we have ways we can get it done for less than the roofers' quote.

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday 6/14:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!😞
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    5. Cook dinner😑 if hot pockets count then yes lol 😂😂

JFT 6/15:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!
    4. Get a minimum of 6,000 steps
    5. Find a cheap healthy choice for dinner
    6. Put away some laundry
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 15 June

Seems like I failed to post this morning however:

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    April challenge :)
    May challenge ;) almost
    June challenge :)

Where does time go? The job list just gets longer and longer ........
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

JFT 6/15 recap
    30 minutes swimming :(
    Stay within calories :)
    drink water :)
    no alcohol :)

So tired from my fun day yesterday! Didn’t make it to the gym so tomorrow will do an hour.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    N

Tracey
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    But youve made me see that for everyone else its just an act so no one sees the real him, in the way you said. But with me he can be himself! Which is nice to know j can give him that security and safe place. So thank you for sharing!

Love and hugs! Xxx

Thank you both, really I thank you alll. I feel safe and cared for here. Like I can be honest. Know however that being me isn’t always pretty. If I lash out or seem “not like myself” feel free to call me out. Sometimes I say or do things that hurt folks I love. I have no excuses for that behavior, but please know if I’m being like that, it isn’t the me I want to be.