JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I’m away from home again helping with newborn. I haven’t been posting or keeping on track. I’m going home today and the cycle starts again. How come it’s so hard to have self control when out of your environment?
    1. Log everything
    2. Stay in green
    3. Get some exercise
    4. Healthy lunch

Here’s to a good week. B)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    korina75 wrote: »
    JFT 6/16

Stay within calories >:)
    60 minutes exercise :|
    Drink water >:)
    Limit wine >:)
    Be mindful when eating >:)

Not great all around health wise. Back at it tomorrow I hope. I have just binged all day. I did exercise for half hour so there’s that. Feeling pretty guilty and awful though.
    @korina75 Hi there. One day at a time. You're making strides as you log in, post, and keep trying. Before you
    know it, that water will be second nature, saying "NO" to the extras will become a little more often.
    And you have a great support system on this thread. I Believe in you, just like we believe in each other on here.
    Hugs! You Can Do This☺ 👌 👏👏💝

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. My weekend ended up being a bust as I was poorly. Managed my sat am warrior class but the rest of the weekend was sickly. The bf came over to look after me on Saturday evening and stayed until yesterday afternoon so that was nice. Feeling better this morning and managed my longest run today - 10.5 miles. So hopefully all good now.

Monday goals
    - morning run ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - call gym and car insurance
    - email B mum to confirm cooking session
    - draft letter to surveyor
    - call electrician
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 5
    - bed by 9:30

Be back on to catch up with everyone later but have a good day all x
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon last week so thinking daily goals helpful. I have three kids, including baby I'm bfing I'm trying to work from home and currently have building work going on, so lots to manage.

I've been 1lb from a healthy weight for like 2 months/ 11lbs from my goal. I have 7.5 weeks until holiday so hoping to crack it by kicking the weekend eating into touch.
    Today's goals:
    - some exercise (even 15 mins kettle bells)
    - stay within 1600 calories
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I had to go back over a month to find my weigh-ins, I have been a bit lax! I have actually been logging it in the app, just not on here. So now to catch up...

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan 14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75
    Mar 4th: 164.75
    Mar 11th: 167.75
    Mar 18th: 165
    Mar 25th: 164
    Apr 1st: 162.75
    Apr 15th: 164.25
    May 13th: 166.25
    May 20th: 165.75
    Jun 10th: 167.5
    Jun 17th: 164.75

So essentially in the month coming back from holiday I've wobbled up (around exam time) and then gone back down again. Haven't lost anything, but I'm not at all surprised by this, I've just eaten too much! And not exercised as much as I would normally.

I want to make an effort to get down to 161 by the time I go on holiday in 5 weeks. I will be spending a lot of time in my bathing suit on holiday and I don't feel comfortable at my current weight. 161 is the weight I was when I met my boyfriend (seven years ago...) and I felt good at that weight, even though it's not my ultimate goal weight.

In theory it's perfectly possible - 3.75 lb is definitely possible in 5 weeks. I have to admit though, I'm not confident I'll do it though because let's face it, I have been trying to lose those pounds ALL YEAR (or longer) and they haven't gone anywhere.

I think I need to get back on the Response Cards - Beck diet solution users will know what I mean by those but essentially it's about writing down and reminding yourself of the reasons WHY you want to lose weight and reading those regularly to reinforce them in your mind. I think perhaps I'll make a fresh set of updated reasons.

Oh, and I think the weekday drinking can be cut out until holiday. That should make a big difference! Let's say that weekday drinking is banned from now until holiday, with the exception of 25th May where I have a work social already planned (where I will moderate my drinking). I also have dinner with friends planned on 26th but they are good friends so drinking is not required to have fun with them :-)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Do job application
    - Buy thread and cards
    - Pluck eyebrows!
    - Sort out emails
    - If time, make notes on 7 habits of effective people

- Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 14th: >:):smiley:
    June 15th: >:):smiley:

I got lazy over the weekend and only partly logged, due to having food out where I didn't know the calories. I will aim to do better next time...
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 You are very close to your goal weight, it always takes a bit more time for those last pounds. Also, discomfort is not as strong as on bigger weights, so it's harder to stay motivated.
    But 3.75 lb in 5 weeks is a healthy and reachable goal, I am positively sure you can do it! We'll be cheering up for you :)
    I agree that it's helpful to keep reminding yourselves of your whys.
    One trick that helps me stay motivated is having a vision board - just some inspirational pictures of life and a person I'd like to be. It inspires me every time I look at it. The only problem is that I often forget to look at it, lol.

@becoming_the_best_me
    Welcome! Wow, so If I understood correctly, to this day you have lost and maintained 45 pounds off for more then a year! Despite the fact that you went lower, I think you should be very proud of yourself! It's a huge success! If I would be able to do it, my all goals would be reached :)

@korina75 I agree with maryrobinson40, one day at a time! An idea I really liked: when we decide to lose weight, we want to magically immediately switch to this person who does everything right, exercises, eats healthy etc. But we are forgetting that becoming that person is also a process, not something that we can do overnight. It's a bit shi** but we need to start with this lazy, couch potato person (talking about myself here, lol) and bit by bit shape that couch potato person into someone who has all this wonderful, fit and healthy habits. I need to constantly remind myself of this too. Last year I was overeating, more or less every single day...and if I do it once a week now, it means that I am much closer to this person I'd like to be, then the person I was a year ago.

@Fitforevermore Welcome! Oh, you have really a lot on your plate, I admire how you girls manage to do anything with little kids! At the same time, I envy you for it, it must feel also very fulfilling!

@Faebert I really admire your commitment and how quickly you bounce back! Congrats on the longest run!

@AJB1014 What you said was so lovely! I think losing weight is all about that, about enjoying "feeling healthy, and happy, and committed to making the most of each day" as you beautifully said!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 There is so much that I want to say to you! I want to wrap you up and hug you!

I have been where you are! I suffer from BiPolar as well. I was diagnosed in 2007. Mine manifested in 2002. During those years and several of the ones that followed were Hell. Complete Hell! I got myself into some pretty dark things. I have always had a good heart but during those years I would flip-flop between being the hyper, happy-go-lucky girl that everyone loved and wanted to be around to the angry, scowling goth girl that scared everyone around her. I would cry myself to sleep and then sleep for days at a time. In 2007 I started to cut. It was the only thing I could do to make myself feel better. To feel like I had some semblance of control when everything in my life was going to Hell in a handbasket. The pain that came with it was really the only thing I could feel somedays because I was just so numb. It took a lot of strength on my part and a REALLY strong support network(which included a 12-step program) to finally stop and it will be 10 years since I last hurt myself in November. For years and years I was on and off medication. I would take it, feel better, stop taking them and then get right back on the roller coaster. I didn't start to finally get control of myself and my illness until 2013 when I started dating my husband. He made all the difference in the world. That and some stark advice I had from my brother (who also suffers from mental illness but refuses to go get diagnosed.)

I'm pretty open about my illness because I want to help stop the stigma that's been built up around it. If I can educate someone so that maybe they see the world of mental illness(ours in particular) differently then I am happy. I don't think I've lost any true friends because of my illness but I've also been stable for 6 years and I don't have a great memory when it comes to good things. I have a pretty great one when it comes to the terrible memories though. Which doesn't help the feelings of shame and guilt.

As for what works for me, I have a husband whose job it is to pay attention to my moods and notice if there is an issue that is consistent and MAKE me hear him and call my doctor. I have some really good friends that I can talk to, 2 of which I actually met online. Lol. A doctor that I really trust and a therapist that I really trust as well. I just realized that I'm in a similar boat as you about knowing my therapist outside of the office. She went to my church actually. And she still goes to the women's retreat every year. Lol. So you aren't alone in that.

I'm not sure why I'm saying all of this, except maybe to give you a huge dose of hope and the knowledge that you aren't struggling alone.

*hugs* Love you, Nikki! We all do!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Had a good weekend. I'll do an update post in a little while but here are my goals for the day!

JFT, 6/17/19

1. June challenge(have fallen away from this)
    2. School day
    3. Do the dishes as soon as I get home
    4. Fold the dang clothes!
    5. Acutally make dinner!
    6. Complete 2 training modules
    7. Do the dishes immediately after dinner!

Okay. Keeping it simple!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Did not accomplish much yesterday and have to hurry today, but I hope you all have a great day!

@Snowflake1968 yes the seller agreed and signed an addendum that we will buy the house for 5k less, so very happy with that! 😁😁

Yesterday 6/16:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay under 1500 calories😞
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!😞
    4. Do workout😞
    5. Put away laundry😞

JFT 6/17:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch
    5. Workout after work
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 17 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    I just went back through my last couple of days and realized I didn't tell you guys about what happened last Thursday!

Okay so my Godmom M is an acupuncturist. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before. I am a believer of it because it's worked for me before. Well Matt and I went over to her house on Thursday to see if maybe she could do something for Matt. Well Matt hates needles and he's afraid that if he sneezes, which he does pretty violently, that he'll hurt himself. Lol. I think that's a cop out.

Anyway, so M did a treatment that didn't involve needles and it was really interesting. But it wasn't until after the treatment that we got to talking about Matt's extensive injury history and his life long digestive issues. Anyway, there was one particular head injury that he got when he was 8 that might be the cause of it all. Because that's the earliest time he remembered having stomach issues. So M thinks she can help him. Problem is he would need to get actually needles... In the top of his head. I can tell he's kinda worried. But I think at this point he's ready to try anything. We see her again tomorrow afternoon. So we're praying that something happens. Although I do know that with acupuncture it can take a few treatments for something to happen. We'll see.

I had a really quiet weekend. I did 3 training modules, one is which was over 3 hours long. I didn't do a single chore other then laundry that is still sitting in the bag at the foot of my bed 😆 lol.

School is almost over. There are only 4 half days left. Today through Thursday. Then I'm done. I have no idea what I am going to do over the summer. But honestly, I'm just sitting and waiting. It may sound counterintuitive but I feel like that's what I'm supposed to do. And work on finishing my training. So we'll see what happens with that.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    In a rush-quick post!
    JFT 6/17
    30 minutes exercise
    Water!!!
    No alcohol
    Healthy choices-be mindful

Thank you for the support!! ❤️ Will chime in later when I have time..

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post JFT.
    2. Find images for PPT. Separate script. Record audio. SUBMIT PROJECT.
    3. Email A about lunch. Call dad - Father's Day!
    4. Head to garden by 1:50. Draft discussion post during break.
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Monday is lunch with A. Check on audition for MM. Tuesday 4-6 is coloring club. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Saturday is library day with parents.

JFT Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Draft reflective essay. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Lunch with A. Drop book off at library.
    4. Discussion post. Draft essay 2.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Check on audition for MM. Tuesday 4-6 is coloring club. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Saturday is library day with parents.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I just have to get through this week.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday June 16 Determined
    2.5L of water - 👿
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - 👿👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 🤷‍♀️
    Squats - 10
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Something on commercials - no tv
    Write in Journal - not at home
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - Monday June 17 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Had a great evening, early morning with Kaitlyn. We have organized our projects and know what needs done. I think we are doing fairly well. A couple more days of staining, painting and designing and we should have it down.

I eat too much junk when I’m having these late nights and will be glad when they are done for that reason, but I sure will miss them when they are gone for the time I’m having with my girl.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    @jacqui2494 - I find it hard out of my own environment and my own routine. The least little thing makes me think.., oh I should have munchies! I’ll exercise later. It’s a struggle.

@Faebert - I hope you’re all better now.

@bookmeister86 - I am gaining and losing the same 5 pounds or so since last Fall. I feel ya! I know what I need to do I am just struggling so hard to get it done. It’s a mind over matter thing, just like swimming.

@daneejela - you are so insightful, love the couch potato analogy so true!

@HEGoddard0928 - I love your honesty, I want to hug you too. Your description describes me friend so well. She went undiagnosed for so many years. I think her first manic state was the summer between grade 10-11. She became a different person almost overnight. It lasted for a long time before she crashed and became suicidal. She didn’t get diagnosed until she turned 50. There were a lot of scary things in those years, and she hurt a lot of people. You and Nicki sharing helps me understand her better, I hope I have words to help her better next time if one occurs.

@aubyshortcake - I’m so happy for you, when do you take possession?

@HEGoddard0928 - that would be incredible if your Godmother can help Matt.

I’m laying here on Kaitlyn’s couch thinking how much time is slipping by when we could be doing something. She is still asleep. We have lots to get done today.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words and understanding. I've had years of cycling but wasn't diagnosed until about 5 years ago when things go really, really bad. Anyway, things have been better I have longer and longer periods of "normalcy". I don't like medication, but I can't deny the effects it has had. Seems crazy to me, but they are still tweaking the meds. Hopefully soon I'll get the right cocktail, the right therapist and a little luck and being to live my best life.

Took the girls to the self-defense class Saturday, and after I did my first hypnotherapy session. I did feel better after. I'm not sure that hypnotherapy is the answer, or if it is just another technique to relax and refocus. It did allow me to actually relax for maybe the first time in my life. I've never been able to meditate, my mind would wander to places I didn't want to be. This is why I hate yoga...

Anyway, at the end of the session there was guided meditation and that was very nice. There were other interesting aspects such as being able to observe a situation as a 3rd party rather than being a part of it. It did seem to distance the emotions. Of course, we didn't go into anything deep, just surface things to introduce me to the process.

There is homework after, but nothing special. A gratitude journal, visual cues (note cards with 2 desired emotions) and imagery at night. First 2 are easy-ish, the imagery is like meditation for me. I'll try it but I'm skeptical and a bit uncomfortable.

All things considered, I think I'll give it a few more tries. I want to see if it is really just a matter of me relaxing and finding some positive guide posts.

JFT Monday

Early to the gym :(
    Work by 8:00 :smile:
    Create new procedures and document & verify them
    Lunch <400 cal :( I'm just so darn hungry today.
    Home by 4:00
    Shower
    VBS tonight
    Dinner...
    To bed early. Honestly I could go to be right now.
    Start gratitude journal