JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @snowflake1968. Beautiful photos, I hope you had a lovely day

@AJB1014 congratulations on your exciting news!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Let me start with OMG @AJB1014 That is awesome! Take care of you and I'm sure everyone on here will be sending some positivity your way! My spell check says positivity is not a word, but y'all know what I mean>

@aubyshortcake You are not failing, you are figuring out your balance. Trial and error sucks. For me, I find my attempts at trial and error leads to crazy mind games. Usually one of two things send me down the rabbit hole, "I'm doing really well, so I can have XYZ." or "I can have this today, and I'll get back on track tomorrow." But for me I slip down and tomorrow never comes and I treat myself all the time. This may not be you, but in the past I have found a solution to this. Unfortunately, I forgot it until about a week ago (better late than never, I'm moving forward again). I play a more positive mind game, "You can have it on Saturday (whatever day)". Throughout the week I make a mental note of what I'm craving and tell myself I can have it Saturday. When Saturday rolls around, I pick the one (maybe 2) thing I want most and have it. I'm satisfied and I have a way to push past the immediate gratification. Honestly most of the time by Saturday there is only 1 or 2 things I'm still craving. If I can stay within 100-200 calories of maintenance I may have both. Having one day at or slightly above maintenance won't derail you, but spending every day there can.

@JordanS9592 How goes it?

@mytime6630 & @PackerFanInGB I'm really sorry things aren't settling down for you. The path you are on is very treacherous and you are brave to face it. As for feeling bad about sharing your stories, for me it has been very enlightening. It gives me a glimpse of what my husband has been dealing with off and on for over 20 years. For me I tend to only see the bad times as being brief and scattered. The truth is for the last 4 to 5 years I've been a mess with only 2 or 3 good days every month or 2. Tim has had to keep me safe and help me function in the normal day to day world. Yes the people at work knew something was wrong because I cried all the time and would have cuts more often that a cat is likely to scratch me, but the kids remained mostly oblivious to things. I could usually manage to hold it together around them. They just thought I was always tired (wouldn't get out of bed for days not even to go to work) and my eyes must be watery a lot (I usually didn't cry in front of them, but my eyes were always red). He did this almost constantly for the past 4-5 years. Now I feel better, and I expected him to be better too. Then I read your accounts and realized just how taxing this has been for him. Even now he hoovers and sets out my medication. Even calls me to remind me to take it. It really bothers me, but now I see that he is still on guard. He is still struggling and I need to cut him some slack. Hopefully this is my new normal, but it will take longer to prove that to him and to me. Thank you both for the perspective.

@Snowflake1968 Your look fabulous in that dress, and I can absolutely see the joy and love in your eyes. Your daughter was simply exquisite and beaming.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I didn't really check in over the weekend, but I had a good long weekend: Highlights

Thurs: Did a 33 mile bike ride with my hubby (Active Date) stopped about 23 miles in at a great local restaurant. Stayed in the green even with some homemade potato chips.

Friday: Put together a package to send my youngest at camp. Did a 6 mile hike in 90F heat and 65% humidity. I was a mass of sweat by the end of that one. Stayed in the green and on plan.

Saturday: Shopping with my eldest and hubby. Kind of a lazy evening. Stayed on plan and in the green

Sunday: Church, NAP, gardening with my daughter teaching her to plant things in the heat and humidity. Which means she and I dug holes for over an hour with sweat dripping off our faces. Taught teens at church. Had my guilt pleasure, pizza for lunch and dinner. Stayed within maintenance.

Which brings us to today...

JFT Monday

- Up at 4:00 to go to the gym :( Forgot to set my alarm woke up at 5:00 - too late to go.
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: 7:30
    - Check email :smiley:
    - Work on Calibration alerts :smiley:
    - Take letter to the lawyer at lunch :smiley:
    - Still working on Cal Alerts :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00
    - Take eldest for Sports physical for school
    - Go for a walk or a ride
    - Bible Reading
    - Dinner
    - Gratitude journal (been skipping this lately)
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive thought for today: I live in an amazing state filled with beautiful green mountains, hills and valleys with numerous opportunities to exercise and enjoy the view/terrain.

Happy Monday y'all!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Monday Motivation: If you feel daunted by how long it will take to lose the weight you want to, remember that the time will pass anyway! A year from now you’ll be a year older regardless, but do you want to be a year older and stuck at a heavier weight, or a year older and feeling SO MUCH BETTER? Either way, the time will pass.

~Beck's Diet Solution~
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Alright...so I got a little distracted again. Last Wednesday, we found out that we are pregnant!!! I m only about 6 weeks along, so have only shared the news with our mom's. But holy moly I dont know how ill make it another 2 months without sayinging anything. It's a kick in the pants to get back to logging accuratrly, not for weight loss. But for tracking macros and making sure I'm eating a balanced diet. I started this journey to combat PCOS so we could conceive naturally so this truly is the ultimate reward. Of course im a bit anxious thru this first trimester but im keeping positive and striving to do the best i can for me and baby! Omg, that feels so crazy to say still. I am SO grateful to this community for continuing to be a huge support and welcoming place that i feel safe to share this life changing news
    I'm a first time mom so i know ill need all the support I can get from this wonderful village of women and mothers!!!

YES! WOOHOO! Congratulations!! Xxxxx
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 , what lovely news, I'm thrilled for you. And good luck if you're going to try and keep quiet for the first 3 months :) My son and his partner did that last year, they told me the day they found out and then said "keep quiet for the next 2 months". I had to listen to my friend telling me how lovely her new grandchild was for 2 months and not say a thing. I was bursting to tell her!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Alright...so I got a little distracted again. Last Wednesday, we found out that we are pregnant!!! I m only about 6 weeks along, so have only shared the news with our mom's. But holy moly I dont know how ill make it another 2 months without sayinging anything. It's a kick in the pants to get back to logging accuratrly, not for weight loss. But for tracking macros and making sure I'm eating a balanced diet. I started this journey to combat PCOS so we could conceive naturally so this truly is the ultimate reward. Of course im a bit anxious thru this first trimester but im keeping positive and striving to do the best i can for me and baby! Omg, that feels so crazy to say still. I am SO grateful to this community for continuing to be a huge support and welcoming place that i feel safe to share this life changing news
    I'm a first time mom so i know ill need all the support I can get from this wonderful village of women and mothers!!!

Congratulations!! So pleased for you :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

And Bex knows how all of us are "aunts" to any babies being born!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Congrats! So happy for you!
    n875d6s8fvbf.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    I seem to be on a plateau weight wise at the moment. Just keeping on keeping on, and trusting the process.

@Snowflake1968 💕 💖 💕 the wedding pics.

JFT 2019
    Goals for Mon 08/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 🙂
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😁
    • follow through 😁
    • Hydration 😁

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😁
    • 5 mins strength 😁
    • 5 mins flexibility 😁

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Make pillowcases 😃
    • Tidy hobbies room 😊 started
    • Gardening (weather permitting) ☔️
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😁

Goals for Tue 09/07
      FOOD:
      • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
      • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
      • follow through
      • Hydration

EXERCISE:
      • 6000+ steps
      • 15 mins strength
      • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
      • Meditation
      • work on tidying hobbies room
      • Make birthday card for DGS
      • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
      • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

OMG ill be a MFP aunt for the first time :lol:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

OMG ill be a MFP aunt for the first time :lol:

A super special auntie with maybe the same birthday!!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - huge congratulations! That’s wonderful news
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So it’s too late to post goals now but I’ve had an up and down sort of day. My kids have now finished school for the summer but I have two more weeks of teaching so they will stay at my parents place until I finish. Dropped them there yesterday and was in a massive funk about it so went to see the bf. He really was lovely and totally cheered me up. But I had to leave his place at around 4:30 this morning to be sure I’d get back easily to get a run in before work. Did 10k run, crazy day at school again as my assistant went home sick again (she’s only just back). Went to hot yoga to try and de stress after work and because I didn’t have the girls to get back to. But when I got home tiredness and hunger hit and i ate too much so ended up in the red despite all the activity! Still not doing well at balancing out my days. Really need to work on this.

Will be back on to set some goals in the morning. X
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to get the time to even think about posting. Work and life just get in the way. Husband always nags me about being obsessed with my phone so I try to post stuff when I'm alone. As far as I'm concerned it's my time to myself.

1. Log everything. :)
    2. Stay in green :s
    3. No snacking but for 2 pieces of fruit :s
    4. Go to gym and get 1/2 hour cardio and 10 minutes of weigh training. B)
    5. Stay focused on my goals. B)

1. Log everything
    2. Stay in green
    3. mindful eating with sensible goals
    4. Go to gym and get 1/2 hour cardio and 10 minutes of weigh training.
    5. Stay focused on my goals.
    6. Don't stress so much about your job

Enjoy your day, week.... ;)
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @ABJ1014 Congratulations. Your goals will change now. Healthy, happy baby ;)

@TerriRichardson112 I know how you feel. I'm supposed to be losing but just seem to sit on the same weight. Well, better than gaining so we have to count small blessings.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Finish "Discussions" blog post. Prep cheese. Freeze saag. Practice sheet music.
    4. Dinner with B. Portion beef stew.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Type blog post. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting. Duo.
    3. Practice sheet music. Mall? Take fabric donation. B&B gift. Movie?
    4. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. Meeting 9:15 Friday. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I lifted with the big plates! The down side is that I lost NO weight during the week I wasn't lifting. I should have seen a drop due to losing water weight. That's not good :(
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @ABJ1014 CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you! I remember you talking about this when you joined us. How cool that you reached that goal and we get to share in the excitement!

@Bex953172 Auntie Bex! LOL! :smile:

@nlmackey98 I'm so happy that you are doing so much better! I've been on the other side of things also, so I know how dark things can seem. My husband was my rock also, during those days. He also is still a little protective but I know it comes from a place of love. But you're right...I need to cut him a break also! See? We all help each other by sharing a bit of ourselves. I'm so glad you've joined our group. I learn a whole new way of looking at things from you, and I think you are an awesome lady! :heart:

@Snowflake1968 You look beautiful! What a cool dress! That is very similar to the dress I actually got married in. Champagne color with a lacy overlay. It suits you perfectly! Your daughter is a stunning bride! And your hubby is very handsome also! I'll bet you had a fabulous time. xoxo

@bookmeister86 I'm so excited to hear about your applications! I know how much my life has changed leaving the toxic environment I was in. I'm so much happier. So is my husband. Life altering indeed. I wish for you the very same happy positive change. You deserve it! I can't wait to see how this works out for you! xoxoxo

@mytime6630 Just saying "hi" and giving you a great big bear hug! xoxox :heart:

@toaljasa HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time, no see! So happy you popped in! :flowerforyou:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT, Monday
    1. get back to logging food, and keeping track of what I eat :)
    2. mindful eating :/
    3. concentrate on 8+ water :)
    4. go out for a walk ... this always helped me to clear my mind in the evenings. I called it my therapy time :) Worked in the yard for 3 hours pulling weeds ... great therapy.
    5. work on baby quilt for my niece :/ Way too tired.
    6. july challenge .. do something just for me :) Both my husband and I are sick with worry for our son. Our gut is telling us this new girlfriend is just looking for a sugar daddy, and our son will once again be taken and hurt. Too many things we found out over the weekend. We can't say anything, or we will lose our son. Just hoping the engagement lasts for a long time, but she is pushing for a early marriage. This is just 1 year after his divorce, which was a bitter battle also. Sewing did not help tonite. gardening helped a little. But I downloaded a "coloring" and "painting" app on my ipad .... watching tv, and coloring. At least this distracts me for a little while.

Tomorrow my hubby and I are going to go a movie and out to eat .. alone. We cannot help our daughter, no matter how hard we try. We cannot help our son to make better choices. But we can make the day a happy one for the 2 of us. So ... even though we are going to see Toy Story, it will be fun. We have not been to a movie for a long time, and never go except with the grandkids.

JFT, Tues
    1. go to the gym
    2. mindful eating
    3. log all food
    4. water
    5. do something for myself - july challenge
    6. remind myself that my own life is the only life I have control over. Let the rest go, and turn it over to God.

ept8lk8ibeor.jpg
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday July 8

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge :)