Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge

It's a very wet start to the day so I'm not sure that I will be getting out to do my walking today!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green with a deficit :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Go to gym :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:Didn't really have any
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- Do food shopping :smile:
    - Do job application test :smile:
    - Check out other possible applications to apply for :smile:
    - Read stuff for job application :neutral:I did a bit but not as much as I wanted to; will need to catch up throughout the rest of the week
    - Read response cards x 2 :neutral:Just once
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Do washing :smile:
    - Make lunch for tomorrow :smile:
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :/ Honestly, I just couldn't be bothered
    - Spend some quality time with boyfriend :smile:
    - Have a bath :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :/More like half past. Tired today

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo
    - Read some stuff for interview

- Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Pack running stuff
    - Plan mini break
    - Do something nice for boyfriend
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 250 in green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A day when I’m left to my own devices, unusual.
    Jft tues

Mould making
    Stay under
    Log everything
    Drink water x3
    Bike ride
    Guitar practice
    Check back in

I’m overwhelmed with unfinished tasks atm, need to concentrate !
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 8th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, a bit over
    Back exercises yes
    Research new painkiller, now urgent! yes
    Work laundry and ironing all laundry, only half the ironing
    Visit parents yes, paid their bills
    Say No to myself up until evening, when I did snack a bit

I've finally researched the painkiller the doctor recommended, and am disappointed. I'd hoped it would be the one for me, the way it stopped pain sounded good, and it helps with sleep. But as I read further, it seems it often causes weight gain, even at low doses. Half the people who stop taking it do so because of substantial weight gain. I feel I can't risk it, I need weight loss, not gain!
    So looks like I'm stuck with the pills which make me feel sick, I don't suppose anything will have no side effects at all.
    Sorry for moaning :)

JFT Tuesday 9th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Finish ironing
    Make a difference in the house. It's raining, so an inside day. Tidy, tidy, tidy!
    Say No to myself
    Lift the big bag

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Workout at home 👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
    5. One healthy snack after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!!

@nlmackey98 Thank you so much. I think I have had those same thoughts, especially when I start feeling more self-confident I think I subconsciously stop trying as hard because I don't "need" to change as much. I'm going to try pushing the cravings off to a different day and see if that helps!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Going to keep this quick today.

Yesterday 7/8:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😞
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Pay car insurance😁

JFT 7/9:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Call Aunt Jeanny
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Quick post of goals on my lunch break. Started the day with a visit to my new gym and feeling motivated if v busy again!

Tuesday goals:
    - gym before work ✅
    - pack snacks and sweetener ✅
    - stick in sheets on arrival ✅
    - reading group during assembly ✅
    - call surgeon’s office at lunchtime ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake. Call the kids. ✅
    - input attendance/punctuality stats during IT lesson❎
    - Training meeting after work (leave by 5:15)
    - Heath food store/groceries/tan
    - put away laundry
    - lay out running gear
    - bed by 9:30

Wishing you all a great day x
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Monday

- Up at 4:00 to go to the gym :(Forgot to set my alarm woke up at 5:00 - too late to go.
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:7:30
    - Check email :smiley:
    - Work on Calibration alerts :smiley:
    - Take letter to the lawyer at lunch :smiley:Blahhhh
    - Still working on Cal Alerts :smiley:I thought I would never finish these, but I did
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:One of my favorite things!
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Take eldest for Sports physical for school :smiley:Yes, he heard a slight lag on the valve for the aorta when it was opening, but said it was fine. Still creeps me out as a parent. Hubby has the same problem with his mitral valve, but its a like more pronounced.
    - Go for a walk or a ride :smiley:Late start, did a 6 mile walk and tried to push my limits. Best mile 14:41, avg 15:14. That includes a first mile at 16+. It is not a flat route. I got a good work out.
    - Bible Reading :(I started to, but hubby asked if I wanted to watch a TV program with him. Then it was midnight!
    - Dinner :smiley:Salmon & peas, I skipped the rice.
    - Gratitude journal (been skipping this lately) :( Same reason I skipped my Bible reading
    - Bed by 10:30 :( Ummm No.

Yesterday was a weird day. All day I was trying to decide if I should go on a club bike ride. All day I was anxious, but riding used to bring me such joy and peace. I want that back. That evening I called a friend to see if he was going and he was. I told him I'd meet him there.

Greg taught me to road ride. He saw me get really, really good. He saw me quit riding all together. He saw me try to come back. He saw me have severe panic attacks. He has seen it all, and he has never judged me. Still there will be a lot of people there, many of whom I've ridden with in the past. They have expectations of me.

It's always hard for me to go back knowing I can't hang with my guys, but I can't. One problem is that they want me to ride with them, and they harass me until I say, "I'll hang on as long as I can, then I'll drop back with the next group of riders." When I do this I'm tanked by the time I fall back with the people I should have been riding with all along. Then I struggle, maybe dropping back again. I can't be sucked into that again.

Then there are the hills... Let's just say that my power to weight, or power to *kitten*, ratio isn't what it needs to be, and I know it. Before I even start to climb I panic, like bad embarrassingly so. Gasping and tears. It's like I've forgotten how to use my gears and I freak out before I even make a turn of the pedals.

I have ridden today's route many times, and never failed to make the climbs. Even when I first started riding and was in worse shape than I am now, I made the climb (slowly but without having to walk or falling over).

So what am I afraid of? Ruining my reputation as a bada$$? I think that was busted last year.

Bruising my ego? Maybe, I hate to appear weak, but I think it was broken last year.

On a more positive note, I knew I had been putting on weight over the past few months. I had figured I was up to 145ish. I figured it was time to assess the damage so that I can mitigate it. I drug out the scale and was pleasantly surprised. I am up, but only to 136. Like @aubyshortcake says on short people 6 pounds really shows.

I guess today is just my day for facing my fears head on. Wish me luck!

JFT Tuesday

Work by 8:00 :(8:30
    Bust through emails and start VN testing :smiley:Dear Lord it's going to be a busy, but boring day
    Lunch <400 cal and on plan
    Fill our S-15 forms for new chemicals (yawn)
    Leave work by 4:00
    Cleanup bike a bit and oil the chain
    Put on not so flattering Spandex and head to Marietta
    Try not to freak out in the parking lot while getting ready to ride
    Talk to people light heartedly about where I've been when they inevitable ask
    Rock my ride! I think it's only 25 or 30 miles
    Attend the post ride dinner and drinks but not drink (ugh)
    Home by 10:00
    Bible reading
    Gratitude journal
    Call it a night by 11:30

Positive Thought: Challenging your idea of "normal" is how you grow. Go out and incorporate something new into your day.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 enjoy your date with your hubby. The quote you included from Leon Brown was spot on. Take care of yourself and take time for yourself and everyone around you will benefit.

@littleblackskirt Sorry you can't seem to find a new pain medication that will work for you without making you sick or gain weight. Being sick all the time is hard on a person, mind, body & soul.

To the rest of y'all I'm sending my love your way. Take care and live a remarkable life.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    @nlmackey98 . I get why you're worrying about the bike ride, I really do. But I just want to say, you are awesome for going...ONLY 25/30 miles! Ten minutes on a stationary bike in my house is enough for me lol, you are seriously fit to do that distance.

Don't let them harass you. YOU know best what you can do, so just smile and do it at your own pace.
    I'm cheering you on from Scotland :)

Oh, and 136lbs is my dream weight, I'll get there one day!
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 I am feeling good, ready to take on the day and get one step closer to my dream.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Don't finish coffee if you dont want to! ✔
    2. water water water ✔
    3. Log all food ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Bed by 10 ✔
    6. Water garden ✔
    7. Empty dishwasher 👎
    8. Put away air mattress ✔

JFT Tuesday
    1. Don't finish coffee if you dont want to!
    2. water water water
    3. Log all food
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Bed by 10
    6. Water garden
    7. Empty dishwasher
    8. Load of laundry
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Today I had another restart. So, just for today, I am going to log in all food and work out for 30 minutes.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 9 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) but only just!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) it didn't rain all day so I was happy to get out
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

It's a very wet start to the day so I'm not sure that I will be getting out to do my walking today!

I am in awe of the physical achievements of some of you, especially @nimackey1998 and @faerbert. When I feel like being lazy, I think about your determination and get going!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I am both physically and emotionally tired I do not care what I eat or how much. Or when. The last seven weeks, and especially the last two have been a whippin'!!! Am home now and am in recovery mode. Was doing okay eating wise until the last week and I just couldn't care. Gained 7lbs quicker than a frog on a fly! Am back on the bandwagon and have done well yesterday and today. But wow, did I ever learn something about myself! And I'd gotten all the way down to 146!!! Welp, I've gotta get busy!

Peace and joy!
    w3pke2lwan4h.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,104 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT 2019 Today was so wet. And tomorrow will be the same. At least I will get some extended walking at the mall.
    Goals for Tue 09/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😁
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😁
    • follow through 😁
    • Hydration 😁

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😁
    • 15 mins strength 😏 only 10 done
    • 10 mins flexibility 😁

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😌
    • work on tidying hobbies room 😊 Did dining room instead, and made another pillowcase.
    • Make birthday card for DGS ->->->
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😁

Goals for Wed 10/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • go grocery shopping
    • pay credit card bills
    • ->->-> Make birthday card for DGS
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I have found that when I am both physically and emotionally tired I do not care what I eat or how much. Or when. The last seven weeks, and especially the last two have been a whippin'!!! Am home now and am in recovery mode. Was doing okay eating wise until the last week and I just couldn't care. Gained 7lbs quicker than a frog on a fly! Am back on the bandwagon and have done well yesterday and today. But wow, did I ever learn something about myself! And I'd gotten all the way down to 146!!! Welp, I've gotta get busy!

Peace and joy!
    w3pke2lwan4h.png
    Me too my friend, me too.

So I'm just going to get back to work, slowly. I figured a good place to start is right here, making one commitment for this day...

So JFT - I will not snack after dinner. I will log all of my food and water, and I will stop eating when dinner is over.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was in a terrible mood yesterday. I just felt black and angry. I think this mood was probably caused or at least amplified by PMT. But it was exacerbated by the circumstances of being utterly bored by my job (so ready to get out), annoyed by irritating colleagues, and mad at my boyfriend for not booking the camping weekend we are supposed to be going on in three days.

I was tempted to turn to food for comfort and have a binge but I managed to resist, even when food was brought right to me on the trolley on the train home. I am quite pleased with myself for that. I was less successful at resisting alcohol when I got home but I'm less bothered about that. We shared a nice bottle of wine and overall it wasn't that many calories (still pretty much neutral for the week, although I've lost the calories I'd banked). We also had a nice time sharing the wine together (somewhat preferable to binging on chocolate on the way home!) And ended up making progress on our camping holiday.

I was thinking about emotional eating yesterday, or in my case emotional drinking. I listened to a Half Size Me podcast the other day on this and she recommends looking at what emotion you're feeling when you want to eat/drink, and working out what you were feeling and what you needed in that moment that you substituted food for. She also recommends building fun and joy into your life (like, activity wise) to avoid attempting to get this through food.

This resonated with me yesterday as I realized that what I was feeling was just utter boredom and numbness (after work). I wanted to feel something, anything. Preferably joy, but anything would do - I also enjoyed putting on some depressing music and reveling in the sadness. (I also, in a way, enjoyed building up a head of steam at my boyfriend).

I think I often feel like this after work, or by the time I get home (a long commute doesn't help) and this is where the urge to drink comes from - to make me feel like I'm having fun. Somehow I need to build other joyful/fun activities into my day to avoid this. Difficult when you spend nearly 14 hours getting ready for work/at work/ commuting though.... Hopefully getting a new job (whenever that happens) will help.... Not having massive PMT may help too :wink:

Anyway, yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral:Stuck to food plan but not alcohol plan - had half a bottle of wine! Oops
    - Be in the green :/Due to wine
    - 3+ bottles water :/Got distracted by wine
    - No alcohol :/As above

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smiley:Yes, I resisted a chocolate biscuit (or plural) when willpower was low in the office, I resisted buying something from the trolley on the train, and I resisted buying snacks on the way home despite being tempted to binge
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :/No mood was a shocker

- 45 minute lunch break :/only 30
    - Read response cards x2 :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Read some stuff for interview :/In too bad a mood to do this

- Finish work by 6.30pm :smile:
    - Pack running stuff :smile:
    - Plan mini break :neutral:Not officially booked yet, waiting for owner to come back to me, but hopefully have found somewhere for nice camping weekend
    - Do something nice for boyfriend :smiley:Spent several hours' quality time together, unheard of for a weeknight.... The wine probably helped with this, distracted me from to-do list/phone....
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :/ Probably around half past

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - Read some stuff for interview
    - Duolingo

- Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Do something nice for boyfriend
    - Sort out camping weekend (site? list?)
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 40 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Tuesday 9th July

Log everything almost, didn't log the 3 crackers in the evening
    Stay in the green just a little over
    Back exercises yes
    Finish ironing yes
    Make a difference in the house. Tidy, tidy, tidy! did a big job that's been waiting for weeks
    Say No to myself I did through the day, but failed in the evening
    Lift the big bag yes, still heavy :)

JFT Wednesday 10th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Visit parents
    Run errands, bank, doctor, shopping
    Stay positive
    Lift the big bag