JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Hi friends - been sticking my head in the sand since Friday. Things spiraled wildly out of control that day, and DH is currently waiting to hear back about Unemployment benefits. It's a long, crazy, ridiculous story not worth getting into. We're trying to focus on solutions, not the stress itself. He's doing better than me at the moment - since he's actually quite relieved to start moving on. Meanwhile I'm still at the job with lots and lots of resentment right now. But like I said trying to focus on solutions. So for today;

1. No criticizing others
    2. Drink waters
    3. Walk away from toxic situations
    4. Do not take peoples BS personally
    5. Free cup of queso for lunch
    6. SMILE!
    7. Load of laundry
    8. Spend time out of the office on the floor
    9. Bed by 10:30

I hope you savored every bite and slurp of queso!!! The fear of the unknown...it's a doozy. Good not to take people's issues as your own or personally. Worrying, anxiousness, fretting, plotting evil against the nemisis does absolutely nothing good for the situation. It tears you down, it distracts, it makes the other spouse less confident. Think about the opposite of worry and resentment (which is not good either, and can really cause the root of bitterness to take off) . What can you do to help the situation with you tone, your countenance, etc. Remember to exercise daily as it helps rid us of frustrations. How can you apply your wor of the year...is it "driven?" And each day write down what you are grateful for. This does wonders for me. And lastly, I expect you to hand this exhortation right back to me when I am going through a bumpy, rough road! Just don't spend your energy on something that is going to tear you down and cause you to lose ground!

Peace and joy

Oh were you the one who shared the crack slaw recipe?
  • toaljasa
    Options
    What a day. Stressed as think my dad’s carer may be wanting to leave. Had a day of it of her saying she is ill so I’ve had to work from home and try and be with my dad and keep an eye on him in bed and give him drinks. She has at least fed and washed him. Then she orders a spicy Chinese yet yet she’s said all day she’s got a sick stomach?!!! So dad’s paid for care all day yet she’s been in her room all day bar 3 hours if that. Really fed up - wish she would be honest and up front if she wants to leave. Leaving with no notice for some made up illness excuse and putting people in last minute planning is not fair with a terminally ill patient...am sure that is where this is going . 😞 am trying not to comfort eat but it’s hard....

You have a lot going on right now, emotionally. It is hard seeing a parent passing away due to illness...but even more so that you are caring for him and trying to work, etc. The word weary probably doesn't even touch how you are feeling. I hope you are able to rest well, and your father, too.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I have a miserable head cold... Natural Remedies for me.
    JFT
    DIZZY √
    SNEEZING√
    NASTY NOSE√
    OCCASIONAL COUGH√
    EARS HURT√
    FEELING RUN DOWN√
    NASAL PRESSURE√
    BREATHING FROM MY MOUTH√
    BATHROOM AND BED√

ALL ELSE ON HOLD UNTIL IM WELL.😷😖
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 definitely sounds like the flu. I hope you get better quickly!!

@snowflake1968 my other half is a whole food plant based semi-vegan so we have a lot of fun separating out the refrigerator. LOL I'm pretty much strictly poultry these days since I'm intolerant to fish and rarely eat red meat or pork. Hopefully you guys can come up with a compromise!! <3 And those dresses are *adorable*, I love your painting too. So pretty!

@frenchfancy2014 oh man...that is never easy. I hope she lets you know soon one way or the other so you can make plans!

@Bex953172 we all have those days. Just get back into it! That's always been my problem - I have a tendency to not go back to being healthy the next day! :D

@alexhayg feel better soon! I have the whole cough/sneeze thing going on and I'm hoping it doesn't turn in to more. Crossing fingers!

@AJB1014 way to go focusing on solutions instead of sticking with the bad. That is NOT easy to do! Wishing hubby the best as he moves forward...and I am jealous about that queso!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth is insane most days so I'm looking up lightened recipes that I can use as treats now and then. And of course everything sounds good! LOL So I'm also figuring out the calorie counts if I make them with things like whole wheat flour and stuff to see if they're worth it. Oh the things I do when I should be doing something useful!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Everyone feeling under the weather, @mytime6630 @maryrobinson40 @newdaydawning79 @alexhayg hope you all feel better, sending healing vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery!

@snowflake1968 what about ground chicken/pork/turkey. Also I like chicken sausages when I need to change things up

@toaljasa thank you for your insight. You hit the nail on the head, its the fear of the unknown that ramps my anxiety up. Knowing that trigger will be a very big help movong forward thank you so much. And yes, crackslaw was my share, one of my favorites! Hope you and @cschmitz10515 enjoyed it!!

@newdaydawn thank you for your kind words. Also, Ive been looking forward to the queso since last week haha
  • AJB1014
    Options
    My sweet tooth is insane most days so I'm looking up lightened recipes that I can use as treats now and then. And of course everything sounds good! LOL So I'm also figuring out the calorie counts if I make them with things like whole wheat flour and stuff to see if they're worth it. Oh the things I do when I should be doing something useful!

A good dark chocolate has taken care of my evening sweet tooth! (For the most part) I still keep fiber one bars and some sugar free Atkins treat bars around. But something with less processed stuff would be good, let us know if you find some good recipes!!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    January 15:
    Calories--in the green--under 1800
    Walk---20"
    Water---24 ounces
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @AJB1014 The Crack slaw was deelish! I think instead of turkey I'll try chicken next time and add more carrots. I used 12oz of slaw instead of the 8 and then I topped it with a serving (2T) of wanton strips. I will def. make it again. For anyone interested:
    https://allrecipes.com/recipe/253157/weeknight-crack-slaw/ 302 calories; 18 g fat; 12.5 g carbohydrates; 24.3 g protein

• Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 15th:
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Go for a 2 mile run 👍
    -Journal 👎
    -Find new recipes 👎
    -Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate 👍

January 16th:
    -Stay in the green
    -Hydrate
    -Get to the gym
    -Write my grandma
    -Make grocery list
  • garciaalfred368
    garciaalfred368 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I really need support when it comes to sticking to my meal plan and that’s why I’m here
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 16 January

January water challenge
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ I had an unplanned glass of wine to celebrate something I was rather pleased about. But I didn't have my yoghurt or hot chocolate which partly made up for it. Also, big NSV - I went to give blood where there are lots of free snacks to make you less likely to faint. I planned to eat 200 kcals worth and did just that - no more. Win! Although, now I remember, I also had a few small snacks in a team meeting where my colleagues were passing them back and forth for two hours but they were small. I wasn't sure exactly how much but imagined they were less than the calories I then burnt walking to blood appointment (so I just didn't log either)
    - Be in the green :neutral: About 100 over but I'm fine with that
    - 4 bottles water :neutral: Think it was more like 3.5, again I got distracted in the afternoon
    - No alcohol :neutral: As above...
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :/ One of the small snacks was while standing
    - Savour every bite :neutral: mixed
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: mixed
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :/ did not really do this
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- Meditate :smile:
    - Leave work in good time for blood donation :smile:
    - Prepare for French presentation :/
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :/
    - Log sabotaging thoughts :/
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights out by 11 :/

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Leave work at 5.20pm
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Log sabotaging thoughts
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

2019 words: Mindful Moderation

Current calorie balance: 150 in red
  • phylcoe
    phylcoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, January 16 to exercise arms and get on treadmill for 30 minutes
  • allycatnicole
    allycatnicole Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1/15
    Drink 8 cups of water ✅
    Workout for 60 minutes ✅
    Be in the green ✅

1/16
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Be in the green
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over weekly learning goals. Check notes. Read "Witness for the Prosecution."
    4. Planning: Duo. PF - GRADE AND LOG GRAMMAR. Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow reading. Blog post. Visit B. Revise unit 1 plans for H2. Draft unit 1 plans for R1. Review prior assessments for R1; meet with CC? Check in with Cortney about installing software. Add PDFs to webpages.
    5. Class 4: Turn in HW. Weekly learning goals. Fix Handouts folder sentence #4. Start with story survey. Drop Wasps' Nest; read Last Boast.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Do another load of laundry. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay. Prep Saag. Prep cheese.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Salad. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take shoes.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Enter grades.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Grammar practice: Prepositional phrases. Socratic discussion? AUGH.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Update unit 1 plans and print. B - Call parents. C - Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow 49-96. Blog post. Visit B. Check on PF classroom?
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Storytime! Finish story. Check Handouts folder sentence #4. Grammar practice: Plural possessive nouns (JUST HALF - keep in portfolio). Homework - Violence and Gender. Example plural nouns: person/people, woman/women, miner/miners, place/places.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Put the rest of the laundry away. Portion Saag.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

More later. Gotta run.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Recap
    1. No criticizing others :)
    2. Drink waters :)
    3. Walk away from toxic situations :)
    4. Do not take peoples BS personally :)
    5. Free cup of queso for lunch :)
    6. SMILE! :)
    7. Load of laundry :)
    8. Spend time out of the office on the floor :)
    9. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. No criticizing others
    2. Drink water
    3. Log all food
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Spend time out of the office
    7. Pack bag for tomorrow
    8. Bed by 10:00

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Up by 6:00
    2. Shower/Dry hair
    3. Fish Oil
    4. Elderberry
    5. Smoothie
    6. Pack phone charger
    7. Leave house by 7:15
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT, 1/16,

Tidy kitchen, bedroom, shred papers, sweep before computer
    6 cups water
    plan out meals for the day
    Sugar Detox day 10 program
    Exercise
    Journal
    Quilt

Peace and joy, people!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Recap T 1/15 ~ Ack! Had workout clothes ready & waiting, still struggling to get out of bed when alarm goes off. No workout before work. Have been feeling like a slug, and want to stay under the covers. Maybe related to day after day of dreary weather plus sunrise almost 7:30. I want to snap out of this!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,124 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 (webinar) & 26 floors :smile:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / supper trying Weeknight Crack Slaw w/ brown rice (thanks @AJB1014) / net calories zero / 14c water = Tried new recipe & really liked it! :smiley: If I stuck w/ plan, net calories would be -53. But I did not ~ while cooking, I ate 2 pieces of string cheese, then got phone call from oldest brother with scary news that turned out ok ~ he was driving up north to x-country ski/train (he does the Birkie) and during MORE freezing drizzle, hit black ice and rolled his pickup truck. Yikes! He's ok, no other vehicle involved, and truck landed near tree but did not hit. Cop happened there within one minute, and he got rides from a friend & middle brother to get back home. Thank God it wasn't worse. After supper, I comfort binged on chocolate (Christmas candy still around) ~ knew I should stop as I recognized what I was doing, but didn't. Later I tried to log my binge, but phone app was not letting me... this morning I logged best I could remember ~ ack! >:) Net calories -860 >:) , sodium -308 :/ , sugar -40 >:) , fiber low-ish, protein excellent & 10c water :/
    3) Evening: quick grocery pick-up :smiley: / stop at vet's & pick up cat food order :o expensive stuff! / other? maybe evening workout? nope
    4) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / floss :( / retainers :( / set/verify alarm, be & tv off 10:20 ~ crawled into bed at 8:40 :o and tv off before 9:30 (yay). Then woke up when hubby got home from work at 12:40 a.m. & we talked > 1 hour. Left early alarm set, in case I would actually get up and workout before work. :D

JFT W 1/16 ~ Yippee ki yay!!!! :D The sun is shining! It's been DAYS.
    1) Yay! Treadmill before work 3 mi 49:56 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / supper is sausage, potato & spinach soup ~ yum! / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Evening: wash towels / load dishwasher & run / pack remaining decorations & store / hubby's bday gifts & cards / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (x-train before work R)