Options
    Sunday: January 13
    10 " exercise
    Calories in the green
    Three cups of water
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Jan 14 Day 7 Starting to not feel so bloated. Weighed myself and down 1 lb for the week. Need to continue Weighing and logging everything I eat. Dr gave me some exercises I can do to add more movement to my lifestyle will start those tomorrow after I have a chance to look them over.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 - I 💗 the invitation! Kaitlyn is very lucky to have such a clever Mum!

@Sofia_Alegria - hang in there! It’s hard to get back to it after Christmas but it sounds like you’re fed up enough so put that fed up feeling to good use and jump back in. It’s amazing how quickly you can feel better again with a couple of days back on the programme. Hugs x

And just to say I am very in awe of all of you over on the other side of the pond exercising in ice and snow shovelling. We still have very mild weather in the UK and I still manage to whinge about a bit of cold and rain!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Had a good day today. I’ve been working on noticing how macros affect me and realised I’ve been chronically low on fat. I’ve upped it in the past week or so and it really seems to be helping. I’ve been so busy plugging away on the protein because everyone seems to suggest that’s best but maybe this is the best way for me to go.

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - early to work - GAG, Monday readers during assembly ✅
    - Check on mortgage stuff if haven’t heard from ex by lunchtime ✅ it’s done!
    - Speak to M re budget for medieval workshop ❎
    - Water ✅
    - Re-read 2019 goals✅
    - Early night✅ heading up shortly.

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout (or run? Undecided)
    - Speak to M re workshops and lesson plans
    - Print topic activity
    - Water!
    - Run home at lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work (non negotiable! Am wasting money on membership and I will feel better once I’ve been. Need to remember why I loved it)
    - Muscle relax bath and early night

Night all x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My word for the year is "DISCIPLINE". Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.

Weekly Weigh - in

5'11" tall
    67 yrs old
    Goal weight: 170

Year 2017
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Year 2018
    January 1: 195.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    November 5: 200.1
    December 3: 200.0
    Dec 15: 207

Every year from Halloween until New Years I seem to gain weight. It is a combination of seasonal depression/ missing loved ones (having lost 4 of my siblings who I was very close to), and just missing the big family get togethers. Upset with myself, but I feel uncontrollable in this ... this is one of my main goals to learn this new year.

Year 2019

January 1, 2019: 206
    Jan 7: 204.6
    Jan 14: 201.0 -- I know this may not be accurate since prepping for my colonoscopy yesterday. (But hoping maybe at least a 1 lb loss???)

Non-scale related goals 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... not something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!! -- DO not gain weight at the end of the year!
    Weight goals 2019:
    Feb: 200
    March: 195
    April: 190 -- 1st Mini Goal in time for our 43rd wedding anniversary!!
    May: 185
    June: 180 -- 2nd mini goal
    July: 175-- 4th of July party at our sons
    August: 170 -- GOAL REACHED!!!!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My milestones I want to reach in 2019:
    Started 1 jan 2019:13 stone 5 lbs (189 lbs)

Milestones:
    2 March 12 stone
    6 April 11 stone 4 lbs ( in time for boyfriend’s 50th birthday)
    8 June 10 stone (in time for holiday)
    29 June 9 stone 8 lbs ( Goal weight 134 lbs)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - we make jewelry. Mine beaded and hers chainmaille. Also sewing but that's all over at the future in-law's place so at least that's not overtaking the house too! LOL What about you?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT 1/14
    2019 Word: Discipline

Complete kitchen, bedroom, laundry chores before getting on computer
    Work on quilt
    Drink 6 cups of water/tea
    Complete Day 8 of Sugar Detox program
    Pre log foods
    Do some cardio

Write a letter

Peace and joy, friends!

I am getting "behinder and behinder" on my letter writing! Will tackle this tomorrow.

My neighbor texted asking if she could bake her cinnamon rolls in my oven as hers is non-working. Ooh-boy! My kitchen smelled like a bakery for the evening, hahaha! But I didn't cave. Put my discipline hat on and now I'm so glad and thankful I did.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    My goals tomorrow will be simple
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. concentrate on drinking water :)
    4. weigh-in, but realize because of not eating, that I will not have a true reflection of the scale. :)

JFT, Tues
    Fighting off a bad cold, so simple goals
    1. log food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - we make jewelry. Mine beaded and hers chainmaille. Also sewing but that's all over at the future in-law's place so at least that's not overtaking the house too! LOL What about you?

My husband does pyograohy and I paint. Our craft fairs consist of mainly Christmas ornaments right now. I also scrapbook and will tackle pretty much anything. I got a Cricut for Christmas that I am just learning. This is my biggest project to date with it. It’s the start of a banner for our Granddaughters birthday party. I just need to decorate the dresses and put her name on it. I’ll post a pic
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    rp7av3gglb8w.jpeg
    ed3vt4sd0h5f.jpeg
    l82zbaepvarl.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT 1/14
    2019 Word: Discipline

Complete kitchen, bedroom, laundry chores before getting on computer
    Work on quilt
    Drink 6 cups of water/tea
    Complete Day 8 of Sugar Detox program
    Pre log foods
    Do some cardio

Write a letter

Peace and joy, friends!

I am getting "behinder and behinder" on my letter writing! Will tackle this tomorrow.

My neighbor texted asking if she could bake her cinnamon rolls in my oven as hers is non-working. Ooh-boy! My kitchen smelled like a bakery for the evening, hahaha! But I didn't cave. Put my discipline hat on and now I'm so glad and thankful I did.

I don’t know if I could resist a freshly baked cinnamon bun. Good determination!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    rp7av3gglb8w.jpeg

Wow! You do lovely snowy scenes! And the wood is perfect for them. Good job! They would make nice magnets, too...
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 14 January

January water challenge :)
    Accurately log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Walk before work :)
    Fitbit goals :)
    Tidy bedroom >:)

Tuesday January 15

January water challenge
    Guesstimate for log and think about making sensible choices
    Walk before work
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Tidy bedroom!

Meal out tonight to celebrate Dad's birthday. I am continuing to maintain my desired weight and will try to choose something that really appeals but is "sensible" rather than concentrating on whatever would appear to be the healthiest option ( no calorie counts available on the menu)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :neutral: Very close, around 50 over
    - 3+ bottles water :smile: Although quite a lot was catching up in the evening. I need to get better at drinking in the afternoon, I just forget when I'm absorbed in work
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Log sabotaging thoughts :neutral: Didn't have any (that I noticed anyway) yesterday but still need to catch up on those I had last week

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile: Breakfast and lunch yes, dinner I wolfed rather. Think this often happens, not sure why
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: Again I did this for the first two, not the third. I realised I was still hungry after lunch as it was SMALL and therefore had a low calorie hot chocolate to shut my stomach up. It worked
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Think I forgot again. Though, I have given myself lots of credit this morning for getting out of bed to go for a run even though I could have used my slightly dodgy neck as an excuse

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :smile:
    - Finish work at 6pm LATEST :/ Er, no, 7pm. I had a piece of work I had to finish which took longer than expected. I have things to leave for today and tomorrow though so won't repeat in the next two days!
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smiley:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Meditate
    - Leave work in good time for blood donation
    - Prepare for French presentation
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Log sabotaging thoughts
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

2019 words: Mindful Moderation

Current calorie balance: 50 in the red
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I confess, last night I was a little piggy. Why? Because I felt down (for no particular reason apart from being v. tired)
    so there, I said it and I'm being accountable!

Naughty Bex!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I want to try harder today, re-discover what I'm capable of!

So JFT Tues:
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green!
    - Log everything
    - If I want a treat, portion it!
    - Exercise (gonna have to bite the bullet with this one!)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take the shoes!
    2. Before school: Take movie to 604. Respond to emails. Draft parent contact master sheet.
    3. Class 1-2: Infinitives and objects - NEED PRACTICE WORK. Find examples of dialogue in "Initiation." Read "Fan Club" and do a personality profile with two characters. Friday 1-2 in computer lab.
    4. Planning: Meeting. Duo. Blog post. Check in on Bollig. Write discussion post 1. Revise unit 1 plans for R1. Have PF eval keyed work, mark scores on sheet, and return to portfolios.
    5. Class 4: Vocabulary graphic organizer practice. Pronoun review/practice. Read "The Chaser." 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Return computer cart. Update class websites.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Put the rest of the laundry away.
    7. Strength class 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Text B. Call parents. Find contact information for gastro; need to set up initial appt (Feb 7?) Put gum in bag for school.
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45, devices off by 10:00, alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over weekly learning goals. Check notes. Read "Witness for the Prosecution."
    4. Planning: Duo. PF - GRADE AND LOG GRAMMAR. Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow reading. Blog post. Visit B. Revise unit 1 plans for H2. Draft unit 1 plans for R1. Review prior assessments for R1; meet with CC? Check in with Cortney about .
    5. Class 4: Turn in HW. Weekly learning goals. Fix Handouts folder sentence #4. Start with story survey. Drop Wasps' Nest; read Last Boast.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Do another load of laundry. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

@Elbee1 - Thanks for the vote of confidence. Right now I don't have that much of my own - at least as far as meeting weight goals - because the trend is a slow and relatively-steady upward creep.

@newdaydawning79 - Oo, neato! I'm actually wearing a necklace that I strung.

@Bex953172 - Hey, I'm impressed that you logged it. I have trouble logging my intake ALL THE TIME.

@Snowflake1968 - I'm trying to figure out which princesses, but I'm having trouble with the purple-on-purple and the pink-on-purple. I think the latter must be Ariel (her human dress)? Oh, and the dark green one. (Unless they're just dresses and I'm overthinking this!)

One thing I really want to work on this year is getting away from the word "just." It's a word that lurks behind a lot of my excuses and hand-waved creepage. It's "just" a cup of low-calorie, high-protein yogurt. It's "just" a handful of air-popped popcorn. It's "just" one exercise class skipped. But I feel like I keep "just"-ing my way deeper into a hole instead of CLIMBING out of it!
  • alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I confess, last night I was a little piggy. Why? Because I felt down (for no particular reason apart from being v. tired)
    so there, I said it and I'm being accountable!

Naughty Bex!

I felt miserable last night as well!! No reason at all. Maybe it was the Monday Blues.