JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• appletospare
    appletospare Posts: 17 Member
    Food-wise it was not a good one, but the game night was really fun. I’m okay with it.
    Tomorrow I’ll stock up fresh fruit and veggies, and try to go for a walk.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    I realized I have not posted all weekend! We had a huge snow storm friday nite/saturday, and today it is tapering off. Almost 12" ..... so lots of exercise shoveling!

But today I am starving!!! I have not eaten a single solid food item all day ... but not by choice LOL! I am actually suppose to have a colonoscopy tomorrow morning ... so that means no eating all day long ... and for anyone that has had to do this ... you know where I will be tonite! I just had a colonoscopy in September, but because of polpys, I need to have another one. So ... I am hoping for a huge weight loss LOL!

Plus, I am coming down with a terrible cold. So today I am working on year end tax stuff for our business, but I have to double check every single entry I make so I don't screw it all up. Probably not the best thing to do when all I am thinking about is food. So between laying down to fight off this awful cold, and working on tax stuff, my weekend has been pretty uneventful.

And .... I have about 8 pages to go back and read! But the last 2 pages ... looks like you guys are all doing great! At least I can say for sure that I got all my water in today! .

My goals tomorrow will be simple
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on drinking water
    4. weigh-in, but realize because of not eating, that I will not have a true reflection of the scale.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Haha see I would be AMAZED at seeing 12" snow, but to you that's probs the norm LOL!

my God I bet you're absolutely starving! (and I bet me saying it doesn't help, sorry lol)

Haha I'm interested in your completely empty weight!
    I always weigh myself in the morning after I've gone number 2! LOL sorry big tmi but there it is,
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2019
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    qo2d7aq9zkyj.png

I'm like you--have to have it done more frequently due to polyps. But all in all I'm grateful for the times we live in and the technology. I'm waiting for the Star Trek days when we can be easily and quickly scanned!!!

So sorry about your cold. Drink drink drink!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Several folks I know have had trouble with MFP food diary's search. It has been sporadic this week. Someone suggested it is due to the influx of resolution makers!!! :D Don't give up on it...I've been able to use it off and on this week. But I want to also tell you that I do best at night when I have the meal and snack planned out ahead of time. It strengthens my resolve.

Thank you! Yeah, I try to pre-log my food, too. I do much better when I log it in advance.

• Elbee1
    JWrite in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - :)

Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

@Elbee1 - I have read a lot of people having issues with MFP this week. They are clearing their cache on their computer to get it to work.

My chest is hurting again today, @AJB1014 you suggested Naxprone? the other day what is that is it Aleeve? I would like to try something besides the Advil. I do have what you named, I can't remember the name of it again. I don't know how you remember it!

Thank you!

I hope you are feeling better, now.
  • Elbee1
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Really meant to keep up with this. I get frustrated when I can't log my food, etc. I have been having trouble with the website and can't seem to post things into my food diary.
    I've not done well the last couple days. Good during the day but blowing it at dinner.
    Will try harder to make wiser choices

The website diary search isnt working for me - but the app is on my phone!

Thanks for letting me know. I don't like using the phone app cause it takes a long time on my phone for some reason. But, I may have to go back to that...

Thanks, again.
  • Elbee1
    I finally did it!!!! I got off my backside and did some exercise 👏👏🤣🤣🤗🤗 i did my exercise dvd and I know I will ACHE tomorrow but I finally started PHEW!

Great job! and can I say, Me,too! I got off my duff and finally made myself get out and did a Zumba class. First cardio fitness call in at least 6 months, maybe a year! And, I am already aching from it.... Yikes!

Both you and me ... done good!!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Wow! I was gone for the weekend and the board blew up! 144 posts in like 3 days! Lol. Did not have good weekend food wise or exercise wise. Pretty much just a weekend of indulgence. I am going to go to the gym tomorrow. I am going to attempt to get up early in the morning and go but it probably won't happen. And if it doesn't I will definitely bring stuff with me and go after work.

OH! Matt got a new car! It's a 2017 Kia Forte with 48K miles. He's going to call it blueberry(because it's blue. Lol).

Okay, I need to go to bed so it's time for some goals for tomorrow!!!!

JFT, 1-14-19

1. Log all food
    2. Bring lunch to work
    3. Put food in the crock pot(Pot Roast)
    4. Work 8:15-4(PAY ATTENTION!!!!)
    5. GYM
    6. Ask for an application at the library
    7. Fold laundry
    8. Finish the EFFING DISHES!!!
    9. Dinner/Dishes
    10. Bed at a reasonable time.
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    January 13th:
    -Get to the gym 👎
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -4 mins of planks 👍
    -Journal 👎

January 14th:
    -Stay in the green
    -Go for a 2 mile run
    -4 mins of planks
    -Journal
    -Clean the house
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. It’s Monday again and another weekend gone by too quickly! Left the bf’s place late yesterday morning as he said he was too sick it wasn’t fair for me to hang around. Came home and did a few chores and then read and even napped a little and I feel so much better for the rest.

I’m a bit stiff and sore this as I managed a really good run yesterday morning. My new fitness watch tells me I did my longest run, fastest 5k and fastest mile on this run and hit a new VO2 max. So this running thing seems to be going well (still so surprised at myself!) but I need to be mindful of my 2019 word - balance - and fit it in to my routine in the healthiest way. A ‘balanced’ mix of circuit, running and hot yoga would be great but I need to figure out the schedule.

Anyway, on to goals...

Goals for Sunday recap
    - morning run ✅ 4.7miles
    - look after poorly bf ❎ he sent me home!
    - Drink more water!!! (I’m not doing well at this this weekend) ✅
    - Head home and put away laundry ✅
    - Check girls have finished their homework, sort uniform etc ✅
    - Early night for all ✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - early to work - GAG, Monday readers during assembly
    - Check on mortgage stuff if haven’t heard from ex by lunchtime
    - Speak to M re budget for medieval workshop
    - Water
    - Re-read 2019 goals
    - Early night
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    I finally did it!!!! I got off my backside and did some exercise 👏👏🤣🤣🤗🤗 i did my exercise dvd and I know I will ACHE tomorrow but I finally started PHEW!

Great job! and can I say, Me,too! I got off my duff and finally made myself get out and did a Zumba class. First cardio fitness call in at least 6 months, maybe a year! And, I am already aching from it.... Yikes!

Both you and me ... done good!!!

Well done @elbee1. That’s a great effort! Really well done. I know how hard that first step is. I’m amazingly not aching this am after my dvd but these days it can kick in after day 2! Going to try to do same dvd tonight but it will be late as late at work. I’ll be making every excuse not to but I do need to do it!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    JFT

Timesheet for work
    Template report sort out
    Start looking out tax papers
    Look at mortgage expenses
    Pay regent
    Unpack suitcase
    Do laundry
    Study a chapter and do one quiz questionnaire
    Print out PRINCE2 worksheet and go through appendix
    Do exercise dvd
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 14 January

January water challenge
    Accurately log
    Stay in the green
    Walk before work
    Fitbit goals
    Tidy bedroom
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Monday weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Mon 7th: 167
    Mon 14th: 166

Less than I would have liked to lose, but more than I expected to lose given what I actually ate so I'll take that!

Onwards and upwards! (Or downwards, ideally)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Morning all! *yawn* man I'm tired. I really hate mornings, my brain takes ages to get going.
    I did well with my water over the weekend.
    not so great with the food.

So JFT Monday
    - 8 glasses of water (lol a suggested word on my phone was wine!)
    - Log log log
    - Exercise? gotta start at some point!

ah, thats all I can think of right now
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :neutral: Pretty close, just under 50 over
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - Exercise DVD :smile:
    - Log sabotaging thoughts :/ Need to catch up on last week's - didn't really have any yesterday
    - No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :smile: Some of them!
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- Catch up on emails :smile:
    - Catch up on French :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Log sabotaging thoughts

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Finish work at 6pm LATEST
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

2019 words: Mindful Moderation

Current calorie balance: 0, clean slate
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2019
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH THE ESSAY. Draft discussion post 2. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. Take recycling? Wash car?? Visit parents??? Walk to 10k.
    5. Prep saag. Email lesson plans. Draft parent contact master sheet
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for tomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Take the shoes!
    2. Before school: Take movie to 604. Respond to emails. Draft parent contact master sheet.
    3. Class 1-2: Infinitives and objects - NEED PRACTICE WORK. Find examples of dialogue in "Initiation." Read "Fan Club" and do a personality profile with two characters.
    4. Planning: Meeting. Duo. Blog post. Check in on Bollig. Write discussion post 1. Revise unit 1 plans for R1. Have PF eval keyed work, mark scores on sheet, and return to portfolios.
    5. Class 4: Vocabulary graphic organizer practice. Pronoun review/practice. Read "The Chaser." 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Return computer cart. Update class websites.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Put the rest of the laundry away.
    7. Strength class 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Text B. Call parents. Find contact information for gastro; need to set up initial appt (Feb 7?)
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45, devices off by 10:00, alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Everything is so hard. :( I had to bust my tail to get my masters work done yesterday and my wonderful husband cooked for me. And I even had the recipe. But it's not in the database, and I didn't have a chance to log it. And my weight is up AGAIN. I haven't written a blog post in weeks. So I don't have one saved up any longer.
  • Elbee1

@clicketykeys I'm sorry you're feeling down.
    If I'm reading your posts right, you always get so much done!!! Are the items you strike thru the items you complete on your list? If so, you did a lot yesterday! 10K, finished paper, etc....
    I feel certain that you will be meeting your weight goals. Stay focused with me.

Yesterday, I had 4 1/2 cups of water, stayed in the green & went to Zumba.
    Resisted having a large piece of the best cookie cake I've ever tasted! Had 2 small slivers. My DAughternlaw made it at my house for my sons (her husband's) birthday.
    Also, I resisted joining them for a movie & went to the Zumba class instead. I had planned it for a week & the bday party for my son was not even planned. She had asked if they & their friend could come over at 11:30 & we could join them for a movie later. Of course, fine for them to come over & my husband was going to go with them. We were supposed to go over to their place later in the evening to celebrate. I was just going to buy some cupcakes for the lunch. But she brought over all to make this cookie cake. She's very sweet & I was so torn. However I know this type of thing happens to me constantly & is my reason for not exercising & not dieting. I must put my health first but somehow find a balance of living life.

JFT 1/14/19. A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh:
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    Stay in the Green
    Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year).
    Buy lean cuisine for lunch
    Make it to class on time
    Go by grocery store on way home
    Bedtime: midnight

Let's all make it a great day!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Sunday January 13th
    2L of water - 😈 only 1L
    Calories in Green 😈 in red by 819
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 3 miles maybe a bit more.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack 😈
    5 something at bathroom break 😈
    Write in Journal 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. 🤔 well I was conscious of my poor decisions and did it anyway so not sure about this one!
    JFT - Sunday January 13th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

So kaitlyn came yesterday and we spent about 3.5 hours designing her invitations. She went and enjoyed the movie in the middle. I was so disappointed with my new Cricut. It is a web-based program that is used to run it and it was down for about 4 hours so we didn’t get the invitation completely done. I will work on that part in the next day or two. I also need to find a more economical place to buy lace rather than Michael’s. All in all it was a good day and not nearly as difficult as I was expecting it to be.