JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    JFT 1-12-19

1. Log all my food.
    2. Drink 96 oz of water and/or tea (I struggle with this on weekends!).
    3. Run over to my future in-laws house to grab their mail/do some cooking/check on things (their kitchen is so much better than mine!).
    4. Speaking of my house, work on more cleaning.
    5. Stop throwing myself a pity party.
    6. Read for fun.
    7. Start some laundry.
    8. Work on quilting stuff.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    It's a wonderful Fryday, I mean Friday!!! (so glad I have pork tenderloin on the menu or we'd be having fried fish or chicken.)

Our words for the year intertwined with one another!

As we continue to climb toward our targets of physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being, I want to encourage us to be mindful this weekend of what we choose to do. We are on a journey and are discovering so much about ourselves, especially what is holding us back. Let's determine to have a balanced weekend, especially food-wise, as we methodically choose ahead of time what we are going to eat and drink and how much in moderation we will consume while learning that we can still have a rip-roaring time without becoming imbalanced. Yes, it will take discipline on our part to plan ahead and then execute that plan, resisting when temptation arises and being tenacious in not letting anything, including our emotions, friends, family, unforeseen circumstances trap us or trip us. But, come Monday we will be so thrilled, happy, overjoyed, and driven to continue onward!
    tzhdx3fnfne8.png

Stay Focused!
    Peace and joy and have a fantastic weekend!

I don’t know how I missed this yesterday but really great job!

Thank you for always being so encouraging!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    JFT - Friday January 11th
    2L of water - 😕 only 1 I think
    Calories in Green - 🙂 94 left!
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈 no I didn’t follow through with my plan. Will try again today
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😕 2 but I had lots of calories left and I was hungry!
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈 I have been thinking about something to put in my bathroom to remind me to do this. I can put vinyl on my mirror.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🤔 I could have done better, but I’ll not beat myself up.

JFT - SaturdayJanuary 12th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

Yesterday was a good day. I cleaned up some old scrapbooking supplies, took pictures and posted them for sale. So far I have $80 pending as long as the people show up. This will allow me to buy more vinyl for my newest obsession. Hubby loved the hoodie I made him. I’m happy to see him in something besides black with Sons of Anarchy stuff on it! I have a couple of ideas I’m playing around with to make, but won’t get a lot accomplished today. Lauryn and the Grands are coming today because tomorrow, Kaitlyn is coming so we can design her wedding invitations. We are having a day in February with most of her “ladies” to make them. This will be my 7th set of wedding invitations. I will also get some alone time tomorrow as Rodger is going with Kaitlyn and Jonah to see the Bumblebee movie!

I have to go to Costco today to get some water and some Aleeve. Hopefully it is a bit easier on my stomach.

Faebert - you and I have the opposite problem. You beat yourself up for not exercising one day and I can make excuses for days at a time and be fine with it. If we could somehow meld our thoughts we would be killing it!

Slittlemeister - those internal conversations really are fun aren’t they? Good for you for winning this round with the pizza!

Bex - it’s so nice to see you have a good day. You truly deserve it!

Frenchfancy - love your response to slittlemeister. Made me literally LOL.

Awhit - I am up since Christmas too, was 5 pounds, but as of this morning back down to 3. So frustrating! We’ll get there though.

Have a great day everyone!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    JFT

Tidy house
    Study course
    Tidy paperwork
    Do timesheet

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    Had a bit of a f-it Friday night as I let some frustrations over a couple of things get the better of me and I’m struggling this morning. I got up early to work out but couldn’t get started and then once I did, the kids woke up early and I decided I should help them get through some of their homework instead so they don’t have to do it all at their grandparents’ this weekend. And everything overran so I cancelled another hot yoga class. I’m annoyed with myself but thinking of my word for this year - balance - I’m trying to remind myself that one day this week with no exercise is actually fine and sensible. So I must let go of the guilt and move on with my day.

Goals for Friday recap
    - morning run ✅
    - Phone bank re mortgage ✅
    - Run home at lunchtime for car ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ❎ really need to get back into this but am just wrecked in the evenings
    - Kids pack for weekend at grandparents and wash hair ✅
    - Early night!❎

Goals for Saturday
    - rest day - homework with kids in am ✅
    - go to bank and sort payment
    - Eyebrow threading
    - Laundry ✅
    - Go to bf’s place for the evening
    - Take water bottle and remember to drink!

Happy weekend all x

Once the word has been embraced, as you have, it is in the forefront of your mind. I like it! (Mine is discipline and boy oh boy am I using it as I go through this modified sugar detox!) And not only did you help your kids with their homework, they saw, even if subconsciously, that you were putting them first, as well as just getting to spend extra time with you. I think that is lovely. I regret not doing it more when mine were young. It slips by so very fast.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604. Check on PF classroom.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Return work; set up binders. Subject/object pronouns. Freytag's Pyramid. Notes on dialogue formatting. Characterization work. HW: Get a challenge book.
    4. Planning: Pre - Duo. A - FINISH ALL PLANS AND PRINT. B - Two discussion comments. C - Update contact list for 4th block. Email parents. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow 49-96. Blog post. Visit B.
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Return work; set up binders. Provide binders for any who don't have. Grammar practice: infinitives. Notes: plot structure, highlighting conflict. Finish MDG HW: Good story; infinitives.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Grade. Finish and enter all classwork. Return Monday. Read NJC. Update Goodreads. Quiz? Check grocery list.
    8. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Thrift store Saturday? Call parents.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo.
    3. Quiz. Contact B. Check in with parents. Take recycling? Wash car??
    4. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Groceries? Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Monday - get PF 3 to mark classwork.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 191.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

WFTY: Climbing. This week it's felt like I'm digging instead. :(
  • toaljasa
    JFT 1/12
    Word: discipline

Drink 6 cups water/tea
    complete day 6 of sugar detox program
    plan out and log the meals and snacks
    banking stuff
    journal/prayer
    Get out in the sunshine

Peace and joy!
    ykn0hzpuq5ou.png
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 12 January

Failed to post goals >:)
    Met Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Have not logged yet :'(
    Very probably in the red :'(
    Failed January water challenge >:)

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • toaljasa
    JFT - Friday January 11th
    2L of water - 😕 only 1 I think
    Calories in Green - 🙂 94 left!
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈 no I didn’t follow through with my plan. Will try again today
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😕 2 but I had lots of calories left and I was hungry!
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈 I have been thinking about something to put in my bathroom to remind me to do this. I can put vinyl on my mirror.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🤔 I could have done better, but I’ll not beat myself up.

JFT - SaturdayJanuary 12th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

Yesterday was a good day. I cleaned up some old scrapbooking supplies, took pictures and posted them for sale. So far I have $80 pending as long as the people show up.

Yea! Good idea to sell some craft items no longer used. That's fantastic. I also like the vinyl on the mirror idea. Make it all "artsy-fartsy" :smiley:

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    1/12 Day 5 Both yesterday and today I went over my calorie allotment but when I logged it was only a few hundred calories each day. Since it was restaurant meals as I was traveling I didn't think I did too bad. Back on track tomorrow.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    January 12:
    Calories---1662
    Exercise: 3 hours organ practice (does that count--does burn a lot of calories!)
    Water: 3 cups
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT 1/12
    Word: discipline

Drink 6 cups water/tea
    complete day 6 of sugar detox program
    plan out and log the meals and snacks
    banking stuff
    journal/prayer
    Get out in the sunshine

Peace and joy!
    There's sunshine where you are?!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    JFT 1-12-19

1. Log all my food. :)
    2. Drink 96 oz of water and/or tea (I struggle with this on weekends!). :)
    3. Run over to my future in-laws house to grab their mail/do some cooking/check on things (their kitchen is so much better than mine!). :)
    4. Speaking of my house, work on more cleaning. :neutral:
    5. Stop throwing myself a pity party. :)
    6. Read for fun. :)
    7. Start some laundry. :)
    8. Work on quilting stuff. :neutral:

I didn't get as much done as I wanted to on the cleaning, I at least did a tiny bit but not enough to make it count! :D Tomorrow is a new day as far as that goes.

Speaking of...

JFT 1-13-19

1. Log all my food.
    2. Get in that water!!
    3. Clean house some - but don't overdo it and hurt myself (which I have a tendency to do).
    4. Read for fun.
    5. More dishes to be done!

I've been trying to think of a word for myself this year. I think Determination is going to be it for me too. Determination to keep the willpower going and make this year the year I finally put my health and myself first.
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    January 12th:
    -Get to the gym 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -4 mins of planks 👍
    -Dishes 👎

But I did laundry, so I'm not mad!

January 13th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Stay in the green
    -4 mins of planks
    -Journal
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    More frustrations for me yesterday. I’m trying to get the last bits of admin done so we can finalise the divorce and just seem to keep hitting walls. Need to speak to ex when he drops the kids back today so he can do his part before he heads off on holiday for three weeks and we have further delays. This has been going on for 5 years now and it was at his instigation so hopefully he can step up! I just really feel like we need the clean break so I can move on practically and emotionally.

Soool yesterday was mixed. Got a few things done but wasn’t really on track and didn’t log. Today I am up early at my bf’s place and will head out for a run shortly. He seems to be coming down with the flu so I don’t think we’ll be up to much today...

Goals for Saturday
    - rest day - homework with kids in am ✅
    - go to bank ✅and sort payment ❎
    - Eyebrow threading ❎ they weren’t too bad so I saved the money and did them myself
    - Laundry ✅
    - Go to bf’s place for the evening ✅
    - Take water bottle and remember to drink!❎

Goals for Sunday
    - morning run
    - look after poorly bf
    - Drink more water!!! (I’m not doing well at this this weekend)
    - Head home and put away laundry
    - Check girls have finished their homework, sort uniform etc
    - Early night for all

Have a lovely day everyone. X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile: Albeit not with a very big deficit despite going on a long run...
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - Go for run :smile:
    - Log sabotaging thoughts :/

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral:
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: didn't really come up
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- Read Beck Diet Solution :/ Ran out of time
    - Food shopping :smile:
    - Catch up on emails :/ Ran out of time
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot again!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Exercise DVD
    - Log sabotaging thoughts

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Catch up on emails
    - Catch up on French
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

2019 words: Mindful Moderation

Current calorie balance: Currently 2400 in the red across the week. Should lose a tiny bit at weigh in tomorrow, assuming I am in the green today!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 13 January

January water challenge
    Accurately log food
    Stay in the green
    Fitbit excercise goals
    5 fruit and veg
    Update spreadsheet
    Tasks: record income/expenditure, book train ticket, renew membership & pay for next Sunday's event
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING GO GETTERS!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATORS!!!
    HUGS FOR EVERYBODY WHO WANTS ONE! I LOVE YA!!!

HERE GOES MARY😁👏👏👏👏

JFT
    UP AT 6
    TAKING MEDS NOW AT 6:50
    Watching the morning news... It's National Milk Day... I'm in for whole white milk and chocolate milk. Maybe 2%, but don't like it lower than that.
    About to Read! Read! Read! At least until 7:30... Be back to post later

Read 3 chapters 😁👏
    Exercised 20 minutes... Ouch on the knee, but done😁
    Ate sensibly today😁
    Evening Meds 😁
    Water... Only 2 will do better this weekend😑
    Shower at 6 p.m.
    Read
    Bed

Need TLC

Sending you love and hugs, Mary!
    Thank you...it means more than you know and I love you too💕🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Yayyyy Me! I am getting unhinged from my bread/carb hang up!! I'm saying NO a lot
    more to the things that are not good for me. I even notice a taste bud change... I'm
    very sensitive to salt now. What used to be the norm, literally makes me physically I'll.
    I am spitting out foods that my body is saying no to which means I am making progress in my health.

JFT SUNDAY
    EARLY RISE AND EXERCISEEXERCISE🙌😁
    SHOWER AND DRESS😁🙌
    PAMPER AND DESTRESS
    MEDS WITH WATER PUSH FOR TWO
    QUICK 10 FOR THE AFTERNOON
    MUNCH MY LUNCH
    THINK AND WATER DRINK
    FOOTBALL AND ALL UNTIL NIGHTFALL
    READ AND RELAX AFTER THAT.
    GOOD NIGHT