-Go for a 2 mile run
    -Journal
    -Find new recipes
    -Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
  • alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Update - JFT Friday 11th January 2019

Still struggling with my head cold so trying to find the energy to complete my workout tonight

- Stick to my planned meals for the day. Struggling to eat everything because I feel quite unwell but know I need the calories. Healthy food = healthy body (I did stick to my healthy eating - Had 1 bottle of beer, but that's better than the 5 or 6 I would have had usually)
    - try my best to do my workout this evening (I managed 1 round which is better than nothing)
    - Not put too much pressure on myself. Its a marathon not a sprint (still struggling with this one)

JFT Tuesday 15th January 2019

- EXERCISE - do all 4 rounds of my planned exercise today.
    - Not be so fixated on the numbers on the screen and realise that I am winning every time I pick a healthy option for something.
    -One I am going to steal from a comment above is - Log sabotaging thoughts and write down 3 things I am grateful for
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Monday recap:
    Diet---under 1800 calories
    Exercise: none
    Water: 16 ounces
    Weight: up a pound
    going in the wrong direction!
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I’m a tad better today b/c I was actually able to contain myself from eating mindlessly yesterday!. I logged everything, drank lots of water, and read through the most recent posts :) . Also, putting things into words and posting yesterday was important for me. It helped me get my frustration/anger/disgust out and I feel lighter already.

I had a thought this morning as I was mopping the floor: if I hadn’t lost those 4 lbs prior to the holidays, I would be even heavier now so it relieved my angst and helped me put things into perspective. I’m ready for a new day and a new stretch of healthier life choices :D . I even got my new Fitbit wrist band, the original one broke and though it took me about ½ hour to get the extra links off, I did it myself instead of putting this on my DH's already very long honeydo list :p . I will start my Jessica Smith workouts tomorrow and that will get me totally back in the saddle. I can certainly say, I’m looking forward to giving my body, soul and mind the gift of movement, and overall awareness.

Thank you to @Faebert, @newdawning79, @toaljasa, @Snowflake1968, @slittlemeister, @maryrobinson40 (hope I didn’t miss anyone) for your kindness and solidarity; they really helped <3 . I guess that’s why people keep coming back to this thread: the emotional connection and healing goodness of it <3 .

I’m going grocery shopping after work today and planning on loading up on fruits, veggies and lean proteins. I love it when I have a fridge full of good stuff :p .

A warm welcome to all the newbies and lots of hugs to everyone <3 . Y’all have a joyful day <3 ,
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi friends - been sticking my head in the sand since Friday. Things spiraled wildly out of control that day, and DH is currently waiting to hear back about Unemployment benefits. It's a long, crazy, ridiculous story not worth getting into. We're trying to focus on solutions, not the stress itself. He's doing better than me at the moment - since he's actually quite relieved to start moving on. Meanwhile I'm still at the job with lots and lots of resentment right now. But like I said trying to focus on solutions. So for today;

1. No criticizing others
    2. Drink waters
    3. Walk away from toxic situations
    4. Do not take peoples BS personally
    5. Free cup of queso for lunch
    6. SMILE!
    7. Load of laundry
    8. Spend time out of the office on the floor
    9. Bed by 10:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Recap M 1/14 ~ Rest day / spa day :smiley:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,761 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 (spa appt.) & 29 floors :neutral:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plans / net calories zero / 14c water = Stuck w/ plans, except small piece of dark chocolate in evening ~ yay me. Net calories -52 :D close enough, sodium -576 :/ , sugar green (yay), fiber low :/ , protein good, 15c water (yay)
    3) Locate & update weekly w-i post in JFT = done :smile:
    4) Evening: enjoy massage 5:15 :relaxed: / some to-do's? doesn't have to be much, just get something done! :smile: few things done, nothing major
    5) FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :/ 10:30 (workout T before work ~ not sure what yet)

JFT T 1/15 ~ Ack! Had workout clothes ready & waiting, still struggling to get out of bed when alarm goes off. No workout before work. Have been feeling like a slug, and want to stay under the covers. Maybe related to day after day of dreary weather plus sunrise almost 7:30. I want to snap out of this!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / supper trying Weeknight Crack Slaw w/ brown rice (thanks @AJB1014) / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Evening: quick grocery pick-up / stop at vet's & pick up cat food order / other? maybe evening workout?
    4) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, be & tv off 10:20
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

The word for the day is climbing.: Moving to a higher position; to go upward with gradual or continuous progress

tbvp3bdzymle.png

oslfj37f9exw.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday January 14th
    2L of water -🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈 today I need to put my sign in the bathroom
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday Jan 15th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

My weight was back in the 170’s today. Only 179.8 but I’ll take it.

My husband has decided over the last few weeks he doesn’t care for chicken anymore, no matter how I cook it. I’m really not sure what to do about this. He doesn’t care for pork either and I told him I’m not cooking with beef everyday. He suggested fish, but the only fish I like is Captain Highliner. I have never even cooked fish of any other kind so...

I could live on chicken and salad but here we are.

I really need to find another job, I got my first full EI cheque today. It is a full 400 less than my pay was. I have been applying for some, but I guess I need to be less particular.

Today I have to go pay some bills and get some groceries.

• allycatnicole
    allycatnicole Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Work out for 60 minutes
    Be in the green
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    J

My weight was back in the 170’s today. Only 179.8 but I’ll take it.

My husband has decided over the last few weeks he doesn’t care for chicken anymore, no matter how I cook it. I’m really not sure what to do about this. He doesn’t care for pork either and I told him I’m not cooking with beef everyday. He suggested fish, but the only fish I like is Captain Highliner. I have never even cooked fish of any other kind so...

I could live on chicken and salad but here we are.

I really need to find another job, I got my first full EI cheque today. It is a full 400 less than my pay was. I have been applying for some, but I guess I need to be less particular.

Today I have to go pay some bills and get some groceries.

Great job on the weight loss! I have the same problem at our house ... except hubby hates fish! And he thinks pork is unhealthy ... so he does not like it when I make pork. He tells me my chicken is dry ... so it is frustrating. Sometimes I get to the point where I just want to tell him to cook all his own meals. But ... I have been coming up with different chicken dishes he likes (Like chicken burritos, etc).
    But he loves meat also ... I could live on cottage cheese, yogurt and salads I think! Let me know what you come up with ... love getting new recipes!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Today I am feeling so crappy ... I was awake until 3:30 am! I ache all over .... I told my hubby I must have lifted a lot of weights or something in my sleep! If only..... I must have picked up a flu bug or something, but I am not sick to my stomach or anything. Just a bad headache, sore throat, and ache all over. Even laying down is hard ... so I am sitting, but no energy to do anything.
    This is when I have to remind myself of my word for this year ... because I sure need discipline not to grab comfort foods today.

8l3ezdtsqtjk.jpg
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @mytime6630 This is the PERFECT time to put discipline into play. List some foods that will nourish you; help you get well; build up your strength. My husband is just finishing up with a horrible cold. He drank lots of herbal lemon tea with extra lemon and honey. Yes, honey is carb-filled, but it did help quiet his cough and the hot drink helped soothe him. It has anti-bacterial properties. Chicken soup is good...add garlic to make it more effective. Oatmeal is good. I made Craig a blueberry/strawberry smoothy each morning. If you are up to, just insert some food ideas in your MFP and work with it. Be well, friend. Oh, and Operation Red Cup! (drink some tea!!!)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Yea for you! You are off to a good start.

Peace and Joy! Onward!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    All your dreams and trials and goals keep me going as realise we are all struggling together ❤️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I hope you feel better soon. It’s a tough flu season this year from everything I’ve heard. I feel like telling my hubby to make his own meals as well. The frustrating part is he’ll tell you he’s not fussy and bugs me for my well admitted fussiness!

@toaljasa - I’m so happy you’re back on a regular basis!

I have decorated my dresses. I think a couple of them need a little something more, but I have not come up with a plan as yet.b37acdjmp7ej.jpeg
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What a day. Stressed as think my dad’s carer may be wanting to leave. Had a day of it of her saying she is ill so I’ve had to work from home and try and be with my dad and keep an eye on him in bed and give him drinks. She has at least fed and washed him. Then she orders a spicy Chinese yet yet she’s said all day she’s got a sick stomach?!!! So dad’s paid for care all day yet she’s been in her room all day bar 3 hours if that. Really fed up - wish she would be honest and up front if she wants to leave. Leaving with no notice for some made up illness excuse and putting people in last minute planning is not fair with a terminally ill patient...am sure that is where this is going . 😞 am trying not to comfort eat but it’s hard....
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @mytime6630 and @Snowflake1968 I am thankful my husband isn't real picky food wise. He basically eats whatever I make. Except. When we were newly married and I had made baked grits with garlic and cheese, mmmm! He took a bite and said, "I do not ever want to see this on my plate again." :p And he never has! I've not fixed them since. In November at our son's wedding, the chef made grits every morning for the breakfast buffet...and you can't bet your sweet bippy I was bellied up to the bar serving them up on my plate!

ubfmbqqqtc0a.png
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Jan 15 Day 8 Dr appts all day today. Couldn't eat breakfast til almost lunch time (tests) Had a ham salad sandwich no idea on the calories and a dole peach cup, some grapes. Logged as best as I could. Now to get all my water in for the day as well as to eat Supper. Hoping to stay close to calorie goal..
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Hope you feel better soon

@frenchfancy2014 Hope it works out with your dad's carer - it does not sound so good at the moment so well done on resisting the urge to comfort eat
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 14 Januar

Tuesday January 15

January water challenge :)
    Guesstimate for log and think about making sensible choices :) probably was close to being in the green
    Walk before work :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Tidy bedroom! :)

Meal out tonight to celebrate Dad's birthday. I am continuing to maintain my desired weight and will try to choose something that really appeals but is "sensible" rather than concentrating on whatever would appear to be the healthiest option ( no calorie counts available on the menu)

Enjoyed my meal and think I made a good choice