JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: Β»
    Interview was not good. :/

It was going well but all of a sudden they said it was really important for me to have experience/understanding/knowledge? Of policy. (Policy is the area I'm trying to move into). They then asked me about 'what policies I'd worked on that had had unexpected consequences when implemented'.

Consider writing them a "thank you for the opportunity.." note. Acknowledge your weak answer and explain why. You weren't expecting the question because you had made it clear that you do not have examples because you have not worked in this area. And then tell them why you applied (based on what they mentioned in the description) and that while you don't have the experience you have the....and then sell yourself one more time! If you don't think you have a chance based on the interview then you have nothing to lose!

Stay strong...think about Snowflake and how many interviews and closed doors she dealt with until she found the job that was a perfect fit for her!!!

What a brilliant idea!

Definitely do this! Dont go down without a fight!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: Β»

Here's my two cents gleaned from my experience of getting burned out at church.

Okay, well you're probably sorry you asked, lol!

Peace and joy.

Not sorry I asked. 4 years ago when things were very bad for me mentally I stepped away from all of my responsibilities at church. There came a time last year where I was ready to serve again. I just went back to helping with the teens, but I'm afraid that isn't the right place for me right now. My kids are teens and they listen to me talk enough. I truly think it is time for another to step up in some department, but everyone who can, like me is being stretched too far. 3 years ago we had 5 kids show up for VBS, I was devastated. 2 years ago I stepped down and you know what... we didn't even have VBS. This year I managed to do a less elaborate VBS and it was ok. I love making the kids smile, I just want more kids to be there. I know that is kind of petty. When I'm preparing for VBS, I'm a light. I feel God's presence, but when we get only 5 or 10 kids I feel I've failed. I do love to serve, I'm just afraid I'm not meant for the things I love to do. Or that I need to do them somewhere else.

Side note: I loathed working the the nursery and teaching 3-6th grade Sunday School. Not only did I not volunteer for those this go around, I actually told someone "no" when they asked.

BYT: Hope you don't mind that I joined your Bible Study. The topic drew me in.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Lost yesterday’s post. So posting for 2 days. Today has been full on as DED came to lunch as it’s DH’s Birthday. I have a Flower demo this afternoon, then DYD will join us for a celebratory dinner.

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/09: 159.6
    04/09: 159.8: just a wee bounce πŸ˜‚
    05/09: 159.4
    06/09: 159.5
    09/09: 159.2
    10/09: 158.9
    12/09: 158.9
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 158. - 3.6 😁
    I haven’t been in the 150s since Aug 2017

JFT: Wed 11 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/stay in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • Grocery Shopping am🌟
    • Poetry Appreciation 2pm🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session (wardrobe)🌟
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Thu 12 Sept
    • enjoy DH’s birthday 🌟
    • am: Prep for Flower Arranging
    • Lunch with DD and DH
    • 2pm: Flower Demo🌟
    • Birthday dinner 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟

JFT: Fri 13 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Latin Study - 10am
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session (wardrobe)
    • Work on crochet
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thursday 12 September

Sorry I did not post goals. They'd have been the same as usual and my performance would also have been normal. I still need to catch up with my journal. Late night tonight as my guests were at the local Michelain starred restaurant. They get my cooking for breakfast! Thankfully they are not looking for an early start.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JUSTFORTOMORROW
    WAKE UP AND GET DRESSED
    RESEARCH WHAT'S AVAILABLE FOR ME(FOOD/PLACE TO LIVE/MEDICAL/INSURANCE)
    CLEAN MY ROOM
    READ
  • djke1
    djke1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Met workout goals
    I work night shift had 10 min before my shift to get in my salad (got about 5 bites)
    I will work on the rest of the salad on my break at midnight
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday13 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
    Sep challenge
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not super successful day, unsurprisingly. I was annoyed and sad about my interview, and also I was feeling incredibly sleep deprived which made everything worse. The day of my interview, I hadn't got home until midnight as my train home (after a dinner with friends) decided it was going to take 90 minutes rather than 30. My boyfriend then got up at 4am to fly off on a work trip. I was therefore feeling physically rubbish as well as mentally rubbish. The day then proceeded to wind me up, for various reasons that I won't go into. As a result by the evening I was feeling totally rubbish and binged.

Today will be better though. I spent the evening relaxing but also just catching up on some admin and tidying up all the papers that were everywhere from interview prep. I sorted them into papers to keep (notes I made about my experience) and papers that I can throw away if/when I hear I haven't got this job! (Job specific). It was very therapeutic, got me into more of a headspace to just learn from the experience and move on. I had a nice lunch with my colleague, she pointed out that all the work I've done will not be wasted as I can use that preparation on finding experience examples in other interviews.

I then had a good nice sleep and today feel fresher and less down. I'm not exactly up, but am feeling a bit better - helps that it's Friday! I'm running to work today, and tomorrow morning I'm going to catch up on all the job alerts I haven't read in weeks. There will surely be something to apply for again already. I've already seen one advert for a company where I nearly got a job last December. I'm not sure the job is quite what I want but it's worth having a closer look at the spec.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat >:)
    - Stick to food plan >:)
    - Be in the green >:)
    - 4+ bottles water :)
    - No alcohol :)

- No eating whilst standing >:)
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! >:)
    - Stay positive >:)

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Leave work after meeting - no pub :smile:
    - Pack stuff for running :smile:
    - Book train tickets :neutral:
    - Relax and give self TLC! :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 5+ bottles water
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Read stuff for spy game tomorrow
    - Do washing up!
    - Gratitude journal

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

@toaljasa Thanks for the suggestion. It's a great idea in general, I'm not sure it's worth doing in this specific circumstance though as I was applying to the civil service through a big generic recruitment scheme - they're doing a rolling programme across six months - and the only contact details I have are for the generic civil service HR, not even the HR of the department I was applying to. I contacted them once before about changing my interview time and all they could do was 'reset my status'. The civil service also has very strict rules about recruitment, they have to mark everyone in the same way so I'm doubtful they'd even pass on an email onto the interviewers. I might have a chat with some people I know in the civil service to see what they think of the idea though. I might be being too pessimistic, and it probably can't hurt. My main priority for the weekend though is going to be checking for what other opportunities have come up and getting another application out if someone else good is out there!

@Snowflake1968 Thank you for your support. Sadly a stress break is not on the cards. My company is massively under resourced right now and I'm effectively doing two jobs since my direct report left. I'd need to be signed off by the doctor to get out of it, and - somehow - I am holding it together most of the time. I am going to push back on my workload though. Today I'm going to have a proper catch up with my manager and together we will identify what I can do, and what I can't do and whay they will have to find other resouce to do if they want it done at all. After that, it's their problem! Let's see if that works...
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    Keeping yo my calorie limit.
    Staying positive!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all foodπŸ‘
    2. Stay lectin freeπŸ‘Ž
    3. Drink 150oz waterπŸ‘
    4. Go to grocery store after work πŸ‘Ž my car broke down and I had to deal with that instead
    5. GymπŸ‘

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat healthy dinner
    3. Keep a positive attitude. Going into a work day that I know will be bad. Need to not let it get me down.
    4. Gym
    5. Drink 150oz water
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 9/13 recap

Drink water :)
    90 minutes exercise :|
    Journal :)
    Finish folding laundry >:)
    Calorie Deficit :s

Didn't end the day in a calorie deficit and only got 80 minutes of exercise in but not too bad of a day food wise. Lost the plot at the end of the day (ate a few fishsticks off my child's plate, then had a piece of cake for diner) but we went out to see a comedian last night so it was a bit of an off night. Tonight will be a relaxing evening so will be able to slow down and eat a proper dinner with the fam. We usually eat together every night but last night was a bit nutty! Not sure I'll get a chance for exercise in today but I'm going to try.

JFT 9/14

Eat within Calories
    30 minutes exercise
    Journal
    Finish folding laundry
    Lots of water

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!

Yesterday 9/12:

1. Stay within calorie goalπŸ˜”
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacksπŸ˜”
    3. Finish work at 5:20😁

JFT 9/13:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    3. Finish work at 5:20
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Recap R 9/12
    1) Walked dog before work (leash clip broke 1/2 mile from home but I jury-rigged) 3.66 mi 1:04:10 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,365 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 46 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water = Net calories green 103 :o , sodium -1,060 :s , sugar -2 :smiley: , fiber & protein good, 12c water
    4) Complete testing at least 2 GA-C/V regs = Only 1 nearly done... more complicated than I thought + person in prior year did not bring docs/info forward like she should again grrrr :neutral:
    5) Evening: choir rehearsal starts new season 6:30 :smiley: / declutter 5 min. :smile: / charge LED vest :smile: / other? nope
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:00 :smile: close enough at 10:10

JFT F 9/13 ~ Feel so much better having 8.5 hours sleep! No workout before work today (planned).
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Complete 2+ regs GA-C/V / weekly status updates
    4) Evening: gas in car / take dog to get new leash / update calendar for choir season / make ww shepherd's pie / wash dishes / prep clothes for Sat. outing / declutter 5 min. / other to-do's on a Friday evening?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / alarm for 6 a.m. / bed & tv off 10:00 (leave for P's by 6:50 a.m.)

Sat. I am going on a group outing which requires 2 hour drive to park & ride to load bus. I'm taking BFF as guest since hubby would rather sleep after work shift than get up extra early. Outing is tour of Pabst Mansion, two stops for local fish fry / craft beer, and final stop at German restaurant for apple strudel. Back to park & ride, then 2 hours by car to drop friend and finally home. Long day, no exercise, food & adult beverages. I will enjoy, not attempt to log, and start fresh Sunday on MFP.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 11 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
    Sep challenge

It's a wet and windy start to the day. No guests so I've had a lie in and I'm planning a lazy day. I might start by unpicking the last few rows of knitting as I made a mistake last night but decided to go to bed instead of making corrections with the likelihood of further errors due to tiredness!

I finally remembered to Google Skye! What a beautiful isle you live on! I was thoroughly taken in by all the green and hills and gosh I wish I could come visit!!! :smiley:
  • ZizzyBumble
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Friday13 September

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    April challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)
    Sep challenge :)

The weather was better than predicted and I got the washing dry and had a lovely walk. High winds predicted for later tonight - I hope they don't disturb me - writing this has reminded me that I've left a window open and I need to close it!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 9/14 Recap

Eat within Calories >:)
    30 minutes exercise >:)
    Journal :)
    Finish folding laundry :(
    Lots of water :)

The nights not over yet and I may still go to the gym and go for a swim, but I didn't do much today! I knew it was going to be a challenging day but it was actually way busier than I even thought. Ate more than I should have at lunch, and then snacked too much when I got home. Won't let it derail me though!
  • djke1
    djke1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    rough day
    I just want to make it to the gym before it closes
    No energy
    At this point if I make it to the parking lot of the gym and never get out is a win.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Spent most of today prepping my car for its MOT. I had Latin study in the morning. I expected a wee bump up after our birthday celebrations yesterday, so was not unduly worried at the number on the scale.

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/09: 159.6
    04/09: 159.8: just a wee bounce πŸ˜‚
    05/09: 159.4
    06/09: 159.5
    09/09: 159.2
    10/09: 158.9
    12/09: 158.9
    13/09: 159.1
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 159.1 - 3.3 😁
    I haven’t been in the 150s since Aug 2017

JFT: Fri 13 Sept
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Latin Study - 10am🌟
    • MOT prep, and the car PASSED! Yay!🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟 (car πŸ˜‚)
    • Work on crochet

JFT: Sat 14 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Local shopping
    • Chores
    • Laundry
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session (wardrobe)
    • Work on crochet
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Did OK today .. but tonite, I got into the bridge mix I bought for my daughter. So ... I have a bottle of zero gatorade in front of me, getting ready to start cutting fabric for a quilt I am making.. and no more food tonite. Don't ruin my day by mindless eating!!

JFT, Sat
    1. go to the gym
    2. work on cutting up fabric for quilt
    3. clean house
    4. mindful eating
    5. 8+ water ... before I drink a diet pepsi
    6. dinner with a friend .. make wise choices
    7. ready bible quote before bed (thanks @PackerFan001 and @toilisia!