JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! It's 12:30 already and I've not even showered yet. So, I could call myself lazy, but instead I will say that I slept in because I've been tired and needed it, and then our GD who moved out in June stopped over to do laundry and stayed for a visit and it was wonderful because I haven't seen her in a month or so and it was such a nice visit and lastly, after our GD left, I called my mom and wished her a Happy Birthday and we chatted for 45 minutes and had a nice talk. So, not lazy, just having quality time, right? :)

I'm hopping in the shower and going to my other GD's high school football game to watch her play in the marching band at half-time. They will be in uniform this week for the first time, so that will be fun. Hoping it doesn't storm and cancel it. It's a big rivalry game, so it'll be fun to watch.

J4T, Saturday:
    • Journal every bite
    • Drink water and track it
    • Go to WHS football game
    • Research how to use my Apple watch, because it is useless to me right now
    • Go to gym I joined this week - treadmill or circuit, tan and massage chair
    • Go through the package I got in mail and return what I don't want
    • work at how I want to arrange squares for my quilt top, so I can start sewing it together
    • "Me" time this evening: mani/pedi? meditate? walk?
    • Bedtime routine: Gratitude journal / Inspirational readings / daily dialog / read until I fall asleep

WOTY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT quit. I will NOT fail.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - praying for your family and your daughter. You are so fortunate she talked to you, too many don’t.

@clicketykeys - is cant imagine having a dream like that.

@PackerFanInGB - not lazy just enjoying the important things in life.

I have been sick all week with a cold and a toothache. I finally went to a doctor last night for an antibiotic to see if that will help the toothache until my benefits start and I can get to a dentist. I had my 3 months in at work yesterday and they are giving me a whole other function to do and I’m quite excited for it.

I want to get back on track with my weight loss and I truthfully don’t have the energy for it right now. Maybe when all parts of my body stop hurting I can knuckle down and get at it. In the meantime I swear on Monday I am getting up and posting goals!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968. Hope you feel better soon.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 21 September

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) just!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :) just!
    Respond to Happy Scale trend :) weight has stayed at my goal for a week.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Still working on knee physio. My third appointment is next week. Also continuing strength training.

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/09: 159.6
    04/09: 159.8: just a wee bounce 😂
    05/09: 159.4
    06/09: 159.5
    09/09: 159.2
    10/09: 158.9
    12/09: 158.9
    13/09: 159.1
    14/09: 158.8
    15/09: 159.1
    16/09: 159.1
    17/09: 158.8
    18/09: 158.8
    19/09: 158.2
    20/09: 158.8
    21/09: 159.1
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 159.1- 3.3
    Looks like I might be sitting here for a while. 😂

JFT: Sat 21 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • Mother/daughters day out🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟17000+
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟(newspapers)

Taking it easy tomorrow.
    JFT: Sun 22 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session
  • djke1
    djke1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    was able to go to the gym
    spin class and dance class
    unfortunately too tired to clean the house
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 22 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale Trend
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Is there not an external helpline you can call? Over here we have different helplines so domestic abuse lines, women's aid, childline etc. Or even the police? I can't believe what his son told you, truly awful.

But if every option is exhausted then I will pray for you and your brother too. Xx

We had a chance while he was still in the nursing home. My hubby and I were planning on flying to florida .. but then the hurricane happened. And as soon as that was over, she pulled him out of there. Now its all stories ... she tells us the son is a bum and plays the victim (she does not know all he told me), and the son hates her and tells me all this stuff. I do believe the son, because I've met her, and I saw the fear in my brothers eyes with her in the short time they were married. so I am just sick. I keep asking her to let me talk to him, and the only time I've been able to talk to him ... she had me on speaker phone... and she kept telling me how happy he was there, and what good care she is giving him. I asked her to let me talk to him alone ... but he does not have his cell phone anymore. Today I wrote for her address so I can at least send my brother a card ... no answer yet.
    @mytime6630 Sister I hate that this is happening in your life.
    I have seen where text messages have been admissible in court as evidence
    when someone is harassing, threatening and such. And may be, in some cases
    allowed as proof that a party is endangered.
    Something to consider. It's clear to us that you're a loving person and that
    you mean no harm to anyone. I agree also with Bex and I too am going to be
    praying for you and all things concerning you.
    Love you Sis❤ Hang in there.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Grade presentations. Grade one pagers. Grade Socratic discussions. Duo.
    3. Send D for groceries while I head to garden for orientation. Publish a blog post. Continue bartending course. Practice braiding? Read Stamped and update Goodreads.
    4. Performance.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal. Review lesson plans for next week and update.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    3. Send D for groceries while I grade. Read Stamped and update Goodreads.
    4. Performance. Strike. Cast party.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal. Review lesson plans for next week and update.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 5:20.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. JV football 9/23. Writing group 9/24. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC. RC orientation Sat 9/21 2-4. Library Fri 10/4. RS meeting with EW parents; call Monday BEFORE school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Still tired. Last performance today. Bit of a break before I add on weekend work for Halloween. I have so much grading to do :(
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Picking up granddaughter, C, and taking her birthday shopping and to lunch. She chose Texas Roadhouse, so that'll be a challenge! LOL

JFT / Sunday

Journal every bite and log water intake
    Made mindful choice at Texas Roadhouse
    Enjoy my day with C
    Laundry, declutter top bathroom drawer
    Run to store for odds & ends I need for work
    Get home in time for 2nd half of Packer game! GO PACK GO!
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    Gym, tan and massage chair.
    Evening Routine - continue to work on how this should look
    Bedtime Routine
    Set alarm and get up when it goes off in the morning! NO SNOOZE!

Have a great blessed and peaceful Sunday!

WOTY 2019: TENACITY!!! I will NOT give up!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Is there not an external helpline you can call? Over here we have different helplines so domestic abuse lines, women's aid, childline etc. Or even the police? I can't believe what his son told you, truly awful.

But if every option is exhausted then I will pray for you and your brother too. Xx

We had a chance while he was still in the nursing home. My hubby and I were planning on flying to florida .. but then the hurricane happened. And as soon as that was over, she pulled him out of there. Now its all stories ... she tells us the son is a bum and plays the victim (she does not know all he told me), and the son hates her and tells me all this stuff. I do believe the son, because I've met her, and I saw the fear in my brothers eyes with her in the short time they were married. so I am just sick. I keep asking her to let me talk to him, and the only time I've been able to talk to him ... she had me on speaker phone... and she kept telling me how happy he was there, and what good care she is giving him. I asked her to let me talk to him alone ... but he does not have his cell phone anymore. Today I wrote for her address so I can at least send my brother a card ... no answer yet.
    @mytime6630 Sister I hate that this is happening in your life.
    I have seen where text messages have been admissible in court as evidence
    when someone is harassing, threatening and such. And may be, in some cases
    allowed as proof that a party is endangered.
    Something to consider. It's clear to us that you're a loving person and that
    you mean no harm to anyone. I agree also with Bex and I too am going to be
    praying for you and all things concerning you.
    Love you Sis❤ Hang in there.

Yes Marys right! Any text msgs you have or emails,
    And even start writing down when things happen or when you call and you cant speak to him alone.
    Just record everything shes doing, dates and times and what she said/did and atleast if things do go tits up you have a chance of getting her done for it.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    What a week, I have been really struggling with getting anything done, let alone exercise. I have been under the weather with something, symptoms being exhaustion, sore throat, aches so haven't really gotten much done. Hoping that I feel better by tomorrow so I can at least get my butt out for a walk. Also, have a new goal of 1 lb per month. Yup, you read that right. I would like to slowly decrease these last 10 lbs slowly and make it incredibly sustainable.
    Anyway, for now, I am just resting up. Hope all is well with everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Had an easy day today. Yesterday with my girls in Belfast was full on.

Scale Goals progress:
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    15/09: 159.1
    16/09: 159.1
    17/09: 158.8
    18/09: 158.8
    19/09: 158.2
    20/09: 158.8
    21/09: 159.1
    22/09: 158.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 158.8- 3.6
    Looks like I might be sitting here for a while. 😂

Taking it easy tomorrow.
    JFT: Sun 22 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • Visit DED and grandsons 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • Make Birthday card for party tomorrow 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟

Taking it easy tomorrow.
    JFT: Mon 23 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Pedicure/manicure
    • 12.30pm: Attend Dance leaders birthday lunch and afternoon dance.
    • 6000+ steps
    • am: 15+ mins declutter session (card making equipment)
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 22 September

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) just - cut short my walk as the midges were out!
    Attend to Happy Scale Trend o:)

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 23 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Water
    Attend to Happy Scale trend
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    Long day but will keep to my calorie limit!!
    Good luck everyone!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym or home workout
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    3. Send D for groceries while I grade. Read Stamped and update Goodreads.
    4. Performance. Strike. Cast party.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 5:20.

JFT Monday
    1. AM run: short (1-2 miles). Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! REVIEW UNIT PLAN.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Call EH to set up conference. Set up practice on NRI.
    3. Class 1: Subordinate clauses. Movie. Input narrative grades.
    4. Class 2-3: Subordinate clauses. Act 5 in parts. Return student work. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: A - Grade presentations. B - Input grades. C - Call parents. D - Print sub plans.
    6. Lifting. JV Football. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Get groceries; take recycling. Go out to eat? Grade presentations and one-pagers.
    8. Read 10 pages of Signal. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 4:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. JV football 9/23. Writing group 9/24. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC. RC orientation Sat 9/21 2-4. Library Fri 10/4. RS meeting with EW parents; call Monday BEFORE school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. So last week students practiced narrative writing, demonstrating perspective and POV and use of correctly-punctuated dialogue by choosing a villain from our "Top 10" lists and writing the scene in which the hero defeats the villain. TODAY, I revealed to them that in connected with our study of Julius Caesar, they are going to type that scene - but just as Shakespeare surprised his audiences by having the main character be Brutus, they are going to revise the scene so that the perspective character is the villain.

Their eyes got SO BIG and you guys... they were excited to write. I can't tell you how delighted I am.

Definitely an improvement from how the morning WAS going. I didn't have my thermos, the blender was still dirty when I thought it had been washed with the other dishes, so I couldn't make a smoothie for breakfast, I put my school keys in the wrong bag (I think - I hope they're there!) and then when I got to school the internet was down so I was going to have to completely revamp my plans for today. UGHHH.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    So far so good for a Monday. Busy morning and it's already noon. Yea! We have a Challenge that started today at work which is being run by the Health & Wellness Department. Anyone wanting to participate can join a group of 4-6 other people and compete groups against groups This week's challenge is no fast food, no eating at restaurants or getting carryout. All your members have to successfully do this challenge M-F to move onto next week's challenge. At the end of the 6 weeks, any teams still standing are eligible for prizes, one of them being vacation days! Crossing fingers....

Have a great day!

@clicketykeys How awesome is that to see excitement in students' eyes! You go, girl! :)

Just for Monday
    1. Journal everything I eat
    2. Drink plenty of water and log it
    3. Step goal
    4. No eating at restaurants or fast food all week.
    5. Stairs x 3
    6. Check off 3 work tasks
    7. Self-care today 30 minutes
    8. Evening Routine to prepare for morning
    9. Bedtime routine

Word of the year: TENACITY! I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Home resting after attending birthday lunch and tea dance.

Scale Goals progress: