go to the gym at least 45 min cardio 5 minutes running
    try try try again
    FINISH STRONG
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Recap T 9/17 ~ Skipped dog walk before work & hubby snuggles instead <3
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,659 steps, 250+ 12/14 (in class) & 47 floors :smile:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water = Ate a cake pop (yum!) at evening class, unplanned but not a bad day. Net cals -38 :smile: , sodium green :smiley: , sugar -4 :smile: , fiber & protein excellent, 11c water
    3) GA-C/V progress :smile: pain in the *kitten* to overhaul even more workpapers but will be better for future / noon webinar (pace in office) :smile: / work until 5pm :smile:
    4) To-do's: call nurse re prep questions :smile: / GBBG class 6:00 - 8:00 Power of Positivity :smile: almost a workshop & leader/coach is providing free 90 min. one-on-one sessions for each of us! ~ I really want to stop negative thinking / fold clean clothes :smile: & put away :neutral: mostly / wash dishes :smiley: / declutter 5 min. :smile: / prep veggies for crockpot W? decided on leftovers instead
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smile: / FLOSS >:) / RETAINERS >:) / bed & tv off 10:20 :p tried but kitty was curled up so sweet in my lap ~ bed by 10:30 (walk dog before work W)

JFT W 9/18 ~ My last day of food before my colonoscopy Friday a.m. and I have to fast tomorrow = sad me :D
    1) Walked dog before work 3.89 mi 1:10:25, saw 2 young deer (they were actually watching US) & 2 bunnies, stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / not worrying so much about net calories since I fast tomorrow / 14c water
    4) Continue GA-C/V progress / work until 5:30 / check chapter email acct
    5) To-do's: call health care & final update/instructions / email H / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / declutter 15 min. / put away rest of clothes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10:30 (no dog walk R a.m. since can't eat all day)

Very likely I will not log into MFP tomorrow... too tempting to think of food when I can't have any!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    August 5: 187.9 -- went on vacation
    August 21: 189.0 -- back starting over again
    August 30: 186.8 --- after a week of watching everything I ate ..... and going to bed slightly hungry for 2 nites.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    NAME: Joan
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 183.2 (current weight today) -3.4

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack

I am proud of myself ... with all the stresses going on, I am not gaining. Usually I would be stress eating so bad ... but I want so badly to get to 178 before xmas!

I have decided I have to turn my brothers health over to God. I tried so hard to keep him in the nursing home .. even talked to the social worker. They told me he has a free will, and he choose to go with his ex-wife. Now, when I talk to my brother, she is in the room .. on speaker phone.. doing most of the talking. Telling me how much better my brother is doing. She has turned my brother away from his son ... and she will do the same for me. I told her I don't want texts everyday (I was gettting as many as 15 a day!). I just want to talk to my brother, alone. so now, she blocked me. I know it is only to get his disability payments. I talked to his son .. and he told me the most horrible stories of abuse that he suffered at age 10 when my brother was married to this lady .. a gun held to his head if he told anyone. So I am just sick. Everyone has told me I have to let go.. there is nothing I can do, when my brother decided to go with her. So all I can do is pray... and not turn to comfort food. We are still waiting to hear about our daughters disability. One problem at a time! But, I am sewing a king size quilt ... so that is keeping me somewhat sane!

Is there not an external helpline you can call? Over here we have different helplines so domestic abuse lines, women's aid, childline etc. Or even the police? I can't believe what his son told you, truly awful.

But if every option is exhausted then I will pray for you and your brother too. Xx
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Is there not an external helpline you can call? Over here we have different helplines so domestic abuse lines, women's aid, childline etc. Or even the police? I can't believe what his son told you, truly awful.

But if every option is exhausted then I will pray for you and your brother too. Xx

We had a chance while he was still in the nursing home. My hubby and I were planning on flying to florida .. but then the hurricane happened. And as soon as that was over, she pulled him out of there. Now its all stories ... she tells us the son is a bum and plays the victim (she does not know all he told me), and the son hates her and tells me all this stuff. I do believe the son, because I've met her, and I saw the fear in my brothers eyes with her in the short time they were married. so I am just sick. I keep asking her to let me talk to him, and the only time I've been able to talk to him ... she had me on speaker phone... and she kept telling me how happy he was there, and what good care she is giving him. I asked her to let me talk to him alone ... but he does not have his cell phone anymore. Today I wrote for her address so I can at least send my brother a card ... no answer yet.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I love the pictures you shared! If they are all as cute as those, you have your work cut out for you in deciding which ones to print! I hope you feel better soon.

@Bex953172 I sure hope you and the kiddos feel better soon! Sounds just terrible!

@bookmeister86 Good luck with the application! Did you hear back from the other interview? It truly sucks to go to a job every day when you no longer have any passion for it. I remember that feeling. Even starting to get it with my new one sometimes. I'm just ready to retire, I think! LOL! Hard to work when your spouse is retired... I love the Pinterest quote you posted! Made me smile :)

@Faebert Hoping for life to slow down some soon for you! I always feel so discombobulated when my routines are messed up over a period of time! xxoo

@mytime6630 I wish I had some good advice for you, but I'm sure you've thought of everything you can do for your brother. It's a really horrible situation for him to be in, and I'm sure you'd like to fix it. But all we can do when our loved ones make poor decisions is pray for them and hope for the best. I will be praying for him and for you...well, I already do pray for you, but I'll ramp it up a bit! ;) I can't wait to see the quilt you make! I'll bet it is going to be beautiful!

@cschmitz110515 You go girl!!! You are such an inspiration to me, the way you keep going!

@maryrobinson40 TWISTING TUESDAY put such a smile on my face! I didn't see it until today, so I'm thinking to myself..why not make it WIGGLY WEDNESDAY and then I can still do some dancing around! :smile: So happy to see you on here!

@pridesabtch Your mother's behavior sounds very familiar. Mine has changed a lot in the past months, since my stepdad got sick and we lost him. I think she now sees how unreasonable and/or selfish she could be sometimes. She actually sent me a "divorce" email and didn't speak to me or acknowledge me for 9 months a few years ago because I took a vacation with my husband at the spur of the moment and forgot to call her and tell her I was going. Yup. Divorced. Ended the email with "have a nice life". So, I feel your pain. I kept emailing, calling and leaving messages, sent birthday cards and Christmas cards and didn't give up until one day she finally answered the phone. Now, I don't hold back when I get irritated. We simply say "we probably shouldn't discuss that" or "new topic" if we don't agree on something. I can tell you though, if anything like that ever happens between us again, I will be done just like @toaljasa. I simply won't go through something that hurtful again. I hope you can get to a good place with your mom. It's just a terrible place to be in. xoxo

To everyone else, because I'm missing so many of you, I am cheering you on, sending you positive vibes and many hugs! xoxoxo

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Work at Home Wednesday for me. I've set up my workstation on my kitchen counter (kind of a breakfast nook facing into the dining room) and have been trying to stand up and work today as much as I can. Pulled up a bar stool to sit on when I need to rest my feet. It actually feels good to be up on my feet for a change.

I recently started wearing a CPAP for sleep as I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I'm waking up without a dry mouth or sore throat, my sinsues are clearer and I think I am a bit more rested but nothing earth shattering has changed. I was hoping I would wake up and go "Hey! I feel FANTASTIC!" but it sure didn't work that way for me. Anyway, I'm trying to be more active since I'm sleeping better and waking up less during the night, but this hot humid weather just is not my thing! I love autumn and I'm really looking forward to the weather to cool down to the 60's for awhile. I just hope it lasts more than a few weeks and doesn't turn to cold and snow right away! Our weather has been so fickle... I plan to be done working a little early today since I'm working at home, and I am going to research home circuit training to see if I can set something up in my basement. Husband will be gone hunting until later on tonight so I have some alone time to just putz around.

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Drink and log >68 oz of water
    3. Make mindful choices for dinner -- no fast food just because DH won't be here!
    4. Declutter one drawer and replace drawer liner
    5. Prep for tomorrow, tonight: Lunch, Clothes, coffeemaker, pack up laptop bag
    6. Arrange quilt blocks tonight
    7. Bills & birthday cards
    8. Evening routine: Brush/Floss | lotion | In bed by 9:00 p.m. | Gratitude journal | Inspirational readings | meditation 15 minutes | read mystery | lights out by 10:30 p.m.
    9. Up with alarm in the morning! No snoozing!

WOTY: Tenacity
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hello lovelies, am posting my goals and my recap on them at the same time as I just didn’t get round to it any earlier!

I am just overwhelmed at the moment with everything going on. Work is relentless and everyone is panicky, the house is still a complete disaster (now the electrics have gone) and I’m beginning to wish I’d never started!! I know it will be worth it when it’s done but I feel like such a terrible mother.

I’m coming home from work late and tired every night and now I can’t even make the kids dinner as there is no power. They literally ate takeaway food in the torchlight last night! I didn’t have the car to take them out because their dad borrowed it to drive up and see his father (their grandfather) who was rushed to hospital yesterday. I’m still close to the ex in laws and I’m worried for them.

My youngest is over her injury from the weekend but felt sick this morning and I sent her to school crying. Older daughter today has a nasty ankle injury from a fall which may need a doctor’s visit.So all in all I am maxed out on worry and decision making and parental guilt!

One day at a time, one step at a time. Trying to keep focussed on my health too as my kiddies need me to be well.

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - See M and C re assessment on arrival ✅
    - K to trim and stick Science and maths ✅ sheets
    - Digital display ✅ (half)
    - Work on timeline display ❎
    - home lunchtime for car and shake❎
    - Meeting after work✅
    - Book time off on 26th❎
    - Reschedule dentist ✅
    - Log all food - stay in calorie goal✅
    - Lay out running kit ✅
    - Bed by 9:30❎

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 7.5m 😊
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - speak to builder re electrics ✅
    - planning time - plan obs lesson ✅
    - plan maths week ❎
    - parent emails ✅
    - new going home list ✅
    - document ready for printers ✅
    - book time off on 26th ❎
    - work on timeline display ❎
    - log all food - stay in calorie goal ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅ going now!

Sorry for the rant everyone - hopefully a decent sleep will help.

Praying for your brother @mytime6630, sending you strength and patience in coping with your mother @pridesabtch, good luck with the colonoscopy @cschmitz110515 and a big lovely hug to @PackerFanInGB for keeping us all in your thoughts. Hope you feel the benefits of the CPAP soon x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Still working on knee physio. My third appointment is next week. Also continuing strength training.

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/09: 159.6
    04/09: 159.8: just a wee bounce 😂
    05/09: 159.4
    06/09: 159.5
    09/09: 159.2
    10/09: 158.9
    12/09: 158.9
    13/09: 159.1
    14/09: 158.8
    15/09: 159.1
    16/09: 159.1
    17/09: 158.8
    18/09: 158.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 158.8 - 3.6 😏
    I haven’t been in the 150s since Aug 2017

JFT: Wed 18 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟(physio/walking/gardening)
    • am: Weekly grocery shopping 🌟
    • pm: Finish Hobbies Room revamp😏->>
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟(fridge)

JFT: Thu 19 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: Dance Class
    • pm: Work on Hobbies Room revamp
    • Dinner with DYD
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session
  • djke1
    djke1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Didn't meet my total work out goal
    Only did about 20 min of cardio but I exceeded what I normally do with strength training
    I worked my arms and abs for about 35 minutes along with stretching
    Even though I did not do the 45 min of cardio I am proud of myself that I ran a total of 10 minutes non stop
    It's the little things Right!
    Look for the needle in the haystack
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - my Grandson tried to teach me the Floss too. He said, it’s easy just like breaking sticks. He had a great laugh at me. I love your dance moves though, last year I watched all of the music reality shows and danced to them. I’m looking forward to them starting up again and I’m hoping my hip has healed enough that I can handle it.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    In the last three days while I’ve been sick I’ve had two friends send me messages asking if I’m angry with them or if they’ve offended me. They have given no explanation as to why they think that and I’m a little miffed by it. Why not just say, hey you’ve been quiet is everything ok? I’m trying to not let it bother me but it’s nagging at me why they are thinking that.

I need to get back to posting goals and responding to everyone on here, in the meantime please know I’m thinking about you all and missing you!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Wednesday 18 September

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Fitbit excercise goals >:)
    Water >:)
    Daily weigh in, focus on Happy Scale trend and take action early! :)

I'm going to concentrate on the goals that are key to maintaining my weight. Having reached my desired wieght, I need to stay consistent and not slip back into my old ways that will lead to a gradual increase

Not a particularly good day as I spent to much time concentrating on my knitting! Thursday will have to be a catch up on the housework day!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 19 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Water
    Respond to Happy scale trend
  • quagmirequeen
    quagmirequeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wed 18 September

Stay in the green today, no dinnertime lapsing!
    FEED MY BEES. They are on a bulking diet.

Just those two would be a bonus today...

I know I set the bar low, but I've been really demotivated and struggling to get into autumn, well into the red every day and it was affectng mood too.
    So, I was nicely in the green, the bees have a lot of food and I got them medicine too.

Upping it today- I usually do a morning walk when working from home but I'm exhausted at the moment so have to do it later. Maybe a run.
    I'd like to do 4-5 miles today at least.
    Still staying in the green (it's Macmillian Coffee Morning at work tomorrow...)
    Prep something super healthy for tomorrow
    Pack up my gym bag!
  • quagmirequeen
    quagmirequeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    40 3 minutes ago
    I'm working on betterment 😀 Western Wednesday... The Git Up Challenge I gotta learn this dance. Texas two step, boot scoot boogie, the floss....hahahaha my grandson tried to teach me that one... And my twerking looks more like a strange jerk or a bad case of constipation😂😂😂😂😂

Brilliant
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Stay lectin free
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Gym
    5. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Running late, must be quick!

Yesterday 9/18:

1. Stay within calorie goal😑really close
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks2😁
    3. Finish work at 5:20😑
    4. Put away clothes😔

JFT 9/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Put away clothes
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. NO AM RUN. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check semester plan for next unit.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Enter R05.
    3. Class 1: Choose villains. Presentations. Dialogue practice. Give back R05.
    4. Class 2-3: Choose villains. Presentations. Lexiles for challenge books / challenge book work. RA forms for Socratic discussion.
    5. Planning: A - Get a Malala and pair with Wes Moore. B - Update plans. C - Write sub plans & print. D - Deliver thank-you letters. Input classwork grades.
    6. LIFTING! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Fish curry?
    8. Read 10 pages of Stamped from the Beginning. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM run: Aim for 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check semester plan for next unit.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Get 5 laptops.
    3. Class 1: Make up literature test. Catch up with any missing work. Grammar practice
    4. Class 2-3: Grade presentations from Tuesday. Input.
    5. Planning: A - Review unit 3. B - Update plans. C - Input grades. D - Meet with parent!
    6. No lifting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Get meds and gas. Dinner: Soup?
    8. Read 10 pages of Stamped from the Beginning. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. JV football 9/23. Writing group 9/24. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC. RC orientation Sat 9/21 2-4. Library Fri 10/4. Meeting with EW parents Thu 2:30.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Well, weight is going down again, but I think that's probably just because I haven't been able to lift due to after-school commitments. I don't have anything tonight but I'm going to take some down time before the weekend.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday, one of my meds ran out and I was just drained. Amazing how one little pill can mess up your day. Anyway, things with mom went well. Well she responded nicely to my Happy Birthday text. I will so take that!

I'd like to ask for your prayers for something I can't tell my RWF. My daughter told me last night that the burns we occasionally see on her arms aren't from curling her hair, but intentional. We talked for a long time, and it's good that she trusts me enough to talk to me, but this is scary and heart-breaking. She said she might like to talk to someone about all of the issues she's dealing with. Some is normal teenage stuff, but some goes beyond that. I so don't want her to be like me, many mental illnesses are hereditary and I can't even describe how much I want better for her. I've had so much pain. How do I save her from this? So if you could just pray for our family I'd appreciate it.

Goals for today
    - work by 8:00 :smile:
    - Start up testing :smile:
    - Eat what I brought for lunch instead of cafe
    - Go to lawyers office and court house to hopefully finish up my dad's estate stuff.
    - Get home early and make dinner for my daughter before Revival tonight. If she has homework I'll stay home with her.
    - Spend time in meditation and prayer. I don't even know how to meditate...
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive Thought for the Day: Fall is a thing of beauty.