JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was out for a few days, but this group was in my mind!

We're staying at my parents, in the countryside, having some lovely time, besides the fact that I am in the, more or less, constant pain. My gallstones have reached a new level and now everything I put in my mouth is a trigger for a new attack. I was questioning if I should get the surgery or not, but I have no doubt anymore. Diet worked for a while, now I can't eat even the most simple diet food.
    In the past, I would be happy to lose weight, but I know that sickness weight loss is never permanent. Plus, I feel like I kill everyone's mood by making them constantly worried for me.

JFT:
    - research and find a decent surgeon
    - skip dinner (to hopefully reset problems)

On the positive side, I am happy with many things, having a great time with family.

@bookmeister86 Wow, those photos are beautiful! Did you take it? If yes, you're so skillful with the camera! Thanks for sharing a piece of your holidays.

@Bex953172, I think your decision to write your daily accomplishments instead of plans (to not disappoint yourself) is a great one! When I feel down for a few days, I also find it hard to stick to my commitments, and then I feel disappointed. I like your strategy for cleaning - divide and conquer has served me well in many fields :)

@Snowflake1968
    I was thinking about you this morning, and I've been scrolling posts to read about your interview first. Sounds like you did a great job and now it's their call.

@Faebert wooow, what a great run!

@nlmackey98 @MLHC1 @Snowflake1968
    A bit late, but thanks for your support with my previous "drama" :D
    I've cleared things with hubby, he was really awesome lately, so I took his explanation - it felt like a time for that joke, it's not related to how he sees me or anything like that, he just reused the joke like he reuses other jokes. I've told him that I don't really mind the joke, but I do miss his lack of endearment worlds. I don't think he'll come with any soon, because it would feel awkward and forced for both of us. But, I am happy that we had the talk and that he knows how I feel about it, so in the long run, I hope he could let himself be a bit softer.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday May 14- DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - >:)
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - >:)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - >:) I only ate one thing, but it was a huge bag of chips all evening long
    5 something at bathroom break - >:)
    Something on commercials - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - >:)

JFT - Wednesday May 15- DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I am not going to beat myself up over yesterday or the fact that the scale is up a bit this morning. I have no excuse for eating all of the chips except they were there. I enjoyed the evening with Rodg and had a tremendous day all around yesterday whether the interview was a success or not.

I spent the afternoon with Jasmyne, grabbed some shirts to make a set of sappy shirts for Kaitlyn and Brodey for their shower, and grabbed some more vinyl. My cousin's granddaughter needed a model for a brazilian wax exam, she is taking esthetics and I found someone to do that for her. All in all a good day. I'm now going to read through 2 days of posts on three different boards and then start crafting.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    They don’t plan on making a decision for a couple of weeks so I guess I’ll know then. I know I have given it my best and I will be disappointed but understand if I don’t get it.

A couple of WEEKS?! Jeez! That would drive me absolutely bananas! I am SO not a patient person, hahaha!

*hugs* Keep us posted! We'll be sending positive vibes your way :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    @sylkates - You have come to the right group. I wish I had thought of coming here when I was 20 pounds heavier than I should be, or that I weighed what I weighed when I first thought I should do something about my weight. You will find this a very supportive group, no judgement, no recriminations, just support and love. Welcome.

@nlmackey98 - I love the idea of painting right now too. I would like to paint my living room, but haven't figured out a colour scheme yet. Right now it is a light grey but I'm growing bored of it. Have fun choosing a colour. I think posting my goals everyday whether I reached them or not this Winter is what helped me maintain and not gain 20lbs back. Just keep posting, besides the fact we would miss you, they are working.

@MLHC1 - Congratulations for being done the semester. That is a load off for a few months at least. I hope you start feeling better soon.

@AJB1014 - When is your wedding? It is getting close isn't it? Congratulations on the land purchase, what are your plans for it? You are doing well keeping all of those balls in the air, keep it up.

@korina75 - Have a wonderful vacation!

@lafayettenana - Sorry your Mom played the guilt trip on you. I don't understand that type of Mom and hope that I never get to that point. I think I'm fortunate that my girls were brought up in the social media and texting age because I "hear" from them almost daily, it sure is nice to hear their voice though. I am interested in your video, maybe I'll watch that while crafting today.

@mytime6630 - Hugs to you, I hope your daughter's doctor finds the right medications soon. This is so hard on not just her, but you and your husband as well. I like the foods to eat that you posted. I many need to copy that so I have it somewhere I can see it regularly.

@Faebert - Congratulations on your run. You just keep beating your own times. It is awesome! I am getting into the crafting and designing this week for the wedding. I officially RSVP'ed last night so that it counts the numbers for the caterer for her. The first page on the website has a countdown. 53 days! That is insane! I have to find some shoes and jewelry, and think I found some shoes yesterday, I just need to buy them.

@daneejela - I think you really need to get this surgery before it ends up being an emergency surgery. From friends that have had it, the ones that did it sooner had less recovery time.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words about the interview, I have consciously decided I am not going to panic about this or let it worry me, if it's meant for me I'll get it, it it isn't I won't. I have learned a lot that I can use in my life and I think that it helped boost my confidence for the next interview.

I have a lot to keep me busy for the next few weeks. I have the shower this weekend to prepare for, next weekend is free, then the next weekend is the Bachelorette weekend which all of these young girls have asked for my presence in. I am so blessed that my daughters' friends include me, so many don't. These girls are all mostly settled in their lives and are really mature so they aren't into the party, party, party. I think we will spend a lot of time on the lake, and sitting around the firepit. Once that is done I will really have to crack down on the wedding decorations and the shower Lauryn and I are holding. Before you know it, it will be here and I tear up every time I think about it.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Anyway, JFT Tuesday

- Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: 7:30
    - Check in on MFP :smiley: a little delayed by actual work, but here I am.
    - Work stuff :| Sort of
    - Pray for @Snowflake1968 that she wows them! :smiley: Definitely
    - lunch <300cal :/ Maybe
    - Order a cookie cake :smiley:
    - print invitations :smiley:
    - figure out what to do with my kitchen walls. I may have to paint it again with something more lively. :(
    - 1 load of laundry :smiley: Gave daughter directions. That counts.
    - Dinner, keep it in check! :( I had enough chocolate and a cupcake early in the day and a bowl of mac&cheese at home, that I skipped dinner proper. Great day.
    - IDK maybe go to bed early :( Went to be very late

JFT Wednesday

- Work by 8:00 :( Got here at 9, had a meeting at 9:30, left at 10 to get my phone, back at 10:20...
    - Career development meeting with my boss :smiley:
    - Finalize Career Path
    - Give blood
    - Stay within maintenance
    - No chocolate. It seems to trigger the need for more and more junk food.
    - Stay late at work to make up hours
    - Church/Youth Group
    - Dinner on the run
    - One load of laundry
    - Bed by 11:00

Positive thought: Today is a new day.

Have a great day y'all!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food - including takeout *best guess* :)
    2. No drinking water at job 1 :( Go crazy at job 2 with water! :| could have been better feel a bit hungover today! Which is funny because I havent drank alcohol in almost 4 years now but if I dont drink enough water I remember this familiar feeling of dehydration as being hungover!
    3. Be nice; no complaining, no gossipping!!! :)
    4. Sleepover with mum! :)

Last night was SO much fun. Loved spending some QT with my mum. Almost ordered out from my favorite italian place, but I knew that would easily be be a 2000 calorie meal since Tortellini Alfredo is my go to. We wanted ice cream and yodels too while we watched a movie in bed so instead, we opted for chinese and did lots of yummy veggie centric apps! And still got to enjoy some dessert while we watched a funny movie. Then this morning we stopped for coffee and breakfast - I usually would eat a whole breakfast sandwich myself, but I've adopted some of my moms good habits of sharing an entree so we split a breakfast sandwich and it was plenty but I still got to enjoy!

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. WATERS!!!
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Bed by 930
    6. Work until at least 4:30
    7. Make coffee
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Great insights @mytime6630 - but did you mean to write ‘if you’re always angry’ lol? Had to laugh at that typo because if I’m hungry, I’m frequently angry! The ‘hanger’ is real! 😉

OOPS!! How did I not catch that LOL!!! I guess I was tired (or maybe because I had a glass of wine ;) .

But yes, the list is what you are to eat if you are always HUNGRY!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Onto goals!

JFT, 5-14-19

1. Log all my food! 😭
    2. Do the fricken dishes! Come on girl!!😭
    3. Fold the laundry!! Put a book on and just do it!!(can you tell I need motivation?) 😭
    4. Doctor's appointment 4 Matt 😆
    5. Pay stub😄
    6. MAKE DINNER AT HOME😭
    7. Drink 4 bottles of water😁

2 out of 7... Was another not great day. There are two things... TWO THINGS that I need to do that I have been putting off since Saturday! WTF is wrong with me?? It's been a terrible few days weather wise so maybe that was it. It's much much nicer today. So maybe that will improve my mood. There's two periods left for today. I'm on my break right now while my charge is at lunch. It's been a really good day. My charge is wheelchair bound and doesn't speak really well but he's got a bunch of friends. It's really nice to see.

So I've got about 2 hours left. I'm determined to go to bed earlier tonight. I've only been getting like 5-6 hours of sleep and that is definitely not enough for me.

JFT 5-15-19

1. LOG ALL MY FOOD
    2. DO THE DISHES!!!
    3. FOLD THE LAUNDRY
    4. MAKE DINNER
    5. Put my phone down for a while and be present
    6. Night time routine
    7. Bed BEFORE 10
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Great insights @mytime6630 - but did you mean to write ‘if you’re always angry’ lol? Had to laugh at that typo because if I’m hungry, I’m frequently angry! The ‘hanger’ is real! 😉

OOPS!! How did I not catch that LOL!!! I guess I was tired (or maybe because I had a glass of wine ;) .

LOL i was gonna say i dont think a tin of beans would help me when I'm stressed, unless im throwing said tin at someones head :lol:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JFT, Tues, May 14
    1. mow grass :)
    2. trim boxwoods :)
    3. help hubby ship :/
    4. mindful eating :/:/ they always say if someone is in a deep state of depression... get them out. Do things with them. How do you do that when the person is unwilling to even try to feel better. :'( So ... I ate tonite. Walnuts, a orange, a smoothie, more walnuts, etc etc.
    5. protein with every meal/snack :/ It was a busy day... and hot dog for lunch, and hot dog for dinner. Not the best meals. No wonder I binged tonite. Lesson learned.
    6. concentrate on 8+ water :/
    7. positive thought :/
    8. 5 somethings :/

I don't know how to do this either, Joan. I try with my SD, but she wants to stay inside and be closed off from everyone. Usually in darkened room. One thing that worked last summer was asking if she would mind planting and taking care of my landscaping. She loves gardening. She came over almost every day and spent hours digging in the dirt and transplanting flowers. It was wonderful therapy for her. I'm thinking of asking her to do that again this year, but we bought so many perennials last year that there isn't much to ask her to do this time. I haven't been able to get her to reply to any texts today, so I understand your feelings of frustration and worry. HUGS my friend. If I come up with any magic words, I will certainly share them with you. Just know I'm praying for you.

P.S. Walnuts, oranges and smoothies are GOOD things to snack on if you're going to eat mindlessly. I tend to go for the ice cream and cookies.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

LOL i was gonna say i dont think a tin of beans would help me when I'm stressed, unless im throwing said tin at someones head :lol:

I think that works with anger ... throwing the tin of beans at someone LOL!! :D
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2019
    Options

I don't know how to do this either, Joan. I try with my SD, but she wants to stay inside and be closed off from everyone. Usually in darkened room. One thing that worked last summer was asking if she would mind planting and taking care of my landscaping. She loves gardening. She came over almost every day and spent hours digging in the dirt and transplanting flowers. It was wonderful therapy for her. I'm thinking of asking her to do that again this year, but we bought so many perennials last year that there isn't much to ask her to do this time. I haven't been able to get her to reply to any texts today, so I understand your feelings of frustration and worry. HUGS my friend. If I come up with any magic words, I will certainly share them with you. Just know I'm praying for you.

P.S. Walnuts, oranges and smoothies are GOOD things to snack on if you're going to eat mindlessly. I tend to go for the ice cream and cookies.

Thanks Tracie. I have tried everything ... there is absolutely nothing she likes other than to ride in the car and get a coffee. Even riding in the car ... no conversation at all. She just looks down at the floor. And then hubby complains because all we do is drive.

I love to garden .. and we had 4 trees removed from our yard. I could not even get her to come out and sit on the patio ... or even to come out and look at how different our yard looks with the trees out. We could not even get her to eat with us on mothers day ... she got her plate of food and went in her bedroom (in the dark) to eat. I don't know what to do ... I don't want her meds increased again because she is already on so much (that is another issue in that insurance is now refusing to pay for her antidepressants ... more letters from the doctor to justify the large amounts she is on.) She also does not answer any texts or phone calls. It is hard to know how to help, and what to do. But I know food will not help either of us either (even if it does distract me for the 5 minutes of eating)

That is wonderful that your SD loves to garden ... to me ... that is the best therapy for anything!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    This is one of 10 reasons that we are not losing weight! I guess water is super important!

FORGETTING ABOUT WATER

“Some of my clients get so caught up in eating healthy foods that water becomes a side note,” says Taylor Stolt, RD, consulting dietitian at Plate and Canvas. But there are some major benefits to making sure you get enough H2O: “Staying hydrated reduces hunger, increases the number of calories you burn and improves your body’s ability to burn body fat for energy.” If you’re not sure how much to drink, “a good place to start is half your body weight in ounces,” Stolt advises. “Tea and bone broth count toward fluid intake, too.”

If you want to read the other reasons, here is the link
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/10-reasons-youre-not-losing-weight-according-to-rds/?utm_source=FACEBOOK&utm_medium=FB+MyFitnessPal&utm_term=Article&utm_content=Weight-Loss&utm_campaign=20190515&fbclid=IwAR06kzbnSopDShQu3aYUhRj9iuT7Mrs9iLL6cgqwf-6jNl2v-4UHRywAG6g
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday May 15

Log accurately :) did the best that I could
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :) been shopping today!
    Fitbit excercise goal :) exceeded them; 0.75 mile swim (could have gone further but the pool closed!) and walked my 5 miles etc.
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) nice 4 mile walk today, it was really warm and the spring flowers were lovely
    April challenge :) Feeling so lucky to live in such an amazing place - beautiful sunset tonight even if the midges are out!
    May challenge ;) still trying ...

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    I w
    @bookmeister86 Wow, those photos are beautiful! Did you take it? If yes, you're so skillful with the camera! Thanks for sharing a piece of your holidays.

@nlmackey98 @MLHC1 @Snowflake1968
    A bit late, but thanks for your support with my previous "drama" :D
    I've cleared things with hubby, he was really awesome lately, so I took his explanation - it felt like a time for that joke, it's not related to how he sees me or anything like that, he just reused the joke like he reuses other jokes. I've told him that I don't really mind the joke, but I do miss his lack of endearment worlds. I don't think he'll come with any soon, because it would feel awkward and forced for both of us. But, I am happy that we had the talk and that he knows how I feel about it, so in the long run, I hope he could let himself be a bit softer.

My boyfriend took them! He has a fancy camera (which was necessary for the penguin as it was very far away and they are small) and yes, I think he's quite skilled :smile: I will pass your compliment on, he's aware he knows his stuff technically (settings and stuff that I don't know anything about) but often says he doesn't think he's that good artistically. I will pass your comment on to boost his confidence!

We don't have pet names for each other either. I have to admit that we actually call each other 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'. He calls me girlfriend (or copine, in French) more than he calls me Sarah (partly because he can't pronounce Sarah that well because of the English R!). I'm mindful that if we got married we might have to call each other something else and this might be a problem..... I find most terms of endearment vomit inducing.....
  • pinkhelen82
    pinkhelen82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is one of 10 reasons that we are not losing weight! I guess water is super important!

FORGETTING ABOUT WATER

“Some of my clients get so caught up in eating healthy foods that water becomes a side note,” says Taylor Stolt, RD, consulting dietitian at Plate and Canvas. But there are some major benefits to making sure you get enough H2O: “Staying hydrated reduces hunger, increases the number of calories you burn and improves your body’s ability to burn body fat for energy.” If you’re not sure how much to drink, “a good place to start is half your body weight in ounces,” Stolt advises. “Tea and bone broth count toward fluid intake, too.”

If you want to read the other reasons, here is the link
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/10-reasons-youre-not-losing-weight-according-to-rds/?utm_source=FACEBOOK&utm_medium=FB+MyFitnessPal&utm_term=Article&utm_content=Weight-Loss&utm_campaign=20190515&fbclid=IwAR06kzbnSopDShQu3aYUhRj9iuT7Mrs9iLL6cgqwf-6jNl2v-4UHRywAG6g

Previously I didn’t drink much water but for the last few days I’ve been making a conscious effort. However the more I drink the more I notice my thirst and I need to drink more. Has anyone else experienced this or know why it is? I’m assuming I was dehydrated and didn’t realise!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 5/15/2019

- drink at least 100 oz of water
    - stay under calories
    - wash / dry clothes

Hope everyone has a great hump day :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

My boyfriend took them! He has a fancy camera (which was necessary for the penguin as it was very far away and they are small) and yes, I think he's quite skilled :smile: I will pass your compliment on, he's aware he knows his stuff technically (settings and stuff that I don't know anything about) but often says he doesn't think he's that good artistically. I will pass your comment on to boost his confidence!

We don't have pet names for each other either. I have to admit that we actually call each other 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'. He calls me girlfriend (or copine, in French) more than he calls me Sarah (partly because he can't pronounce Sarah that well because of the English R!). I'm mindful that if we got married we might have to call each other something else and this might be a problem..... I find most terms of endearment vomit inducing.....

I agree! Your boyfriend has a GREAT eye! He is very talented...you can tell him I said so too!

And as far as terms of endearment...BWAHAHAHAHA! If my husband calls me something "sweet", I assume the worst automatically. Him and I have such a sarcastic dry sense of humor that if someone sat near us at a restaurant and listened to the way we talk to each other, they'd probably think we hate each other! But we think we are hilarious....

He calls me "woman" a lot because he knows it irritates me...and "Betty" for Betty Crocker because I suck at cooking...

• pinkhelen82
    pinkhelen82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My day has gone quite well. One day achieved.
    Only ate when I was hungry.
    Nothing but water since my last meal.
    Recorded everything in my food diary.
    Resisted biscuits and chocolates in the staff room.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way for this last 24 hours x

Same goals for tomorrow.