• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    1w5is0qjai91.png
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    ooiwu5ytljxy.png
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    @toliasia @PackerFan001 emailed me about your bible study. How can I join? I may not be able to post everyday but it looks great
  • djke1
    djke1 Posts: 26 Member
    I will get 45 minutes of cardio 20 minutes of that on the stair master (may just be wishful thinking)
    10 glasses of water and the green machine salad
    Just Do It!!! (At least try)
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Just for today:
    Be optimistic - the scale WILL move in the right direction.
    Do my exercises (done!!)
    Stay under my calorie goal.
    Good luck everyone.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Workout at home 👍
    3. Eat lectin free 👎 ate some crackers. This is so hard!
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Drink 150oz water👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Stay lectin free
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Go to grocery store after work
    5. Gym
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 9/12

Drink water
    90 minutes exercise
    Journal
    Finish folding laundry
    Calorie Deficit

Having a much better week this week, food wise and exercise is back on track. Did my long run yesterday so today will be shorter but more intense HIIT run. Going to go to a gentle yoga class as well, it really helps with stretching and muscle building. Journaling has been such an amazing relief for me. I hate writing by hand so I've been doing a typed journal which is way better because my handwriting is atrocious and so slow. I can type much faster and it's more stream of conciousness which I really need. I highly recommend! I just use an ongoing word doc.

Hope everyone gets what they need out of this day!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning!

Yesterday 9/11:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks😔
    3. Finish work at 5:20😔
    4. Buy groceries😁

JFT 9/12:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. WAIT AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    3. Finish work at 5:20
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Round 2 -
    SW - 185.6
    CW - 186.6
    The SW is the weight the day we started 2nd round. I managed to lose one pound last time. CW is my daily weigh in.

JFT - Wednesday Sept 11
    2L of water - ☹️
    Log all food - ☹️
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂
    Active 15 Minutes - ☹️

JFT - Thursday Sept 12
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal
    Active 15 Minutes

I talked to a friend for two hours last night and didn’t get logged in at all so I’m updating today.

@bookmeister86 - I’m so sorry it didn’t go well. Did they tell you that they had decided to look for someone with experience? Maybe they were just seeing how you handled a task that didn’t go as planned. I hope that they decide they are willing to train and work with you anyway. If not, is there any way of taking a stress leave to give you time to focus on finding other employment? Hugs, I truly know how difficult it is.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    @bookmeister86 and @clicketykeys Hugs to you!!! <3

Local TV posted we are less than 4" from breaking the precipitation record for the ENTIRE YEAR. I have stored 52 gallon jugs of rain water from our rain barrels, and both 60+ gallon barrels are still completely full. I only watered my outdoor plants 2-3 times this entire summer. Dog and I walked in on/off sprinkles this morning, more storms are predicted tonight, and we have a flash flood warning. Some streets were flooded yesterday, and evacuations already occurred in low-lying areas. It could be worse: at least our sump pump keeps working.

Recap W 9/11
    1) Walked dog before work 3.65 mi 1:04:10, saw young deer & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,575 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks, leftovers for supper / prelog & net cals zero / 14c water = Did great all day & learned a trick for no snacking after supper: inadvertently ate later than usual, no snack before supper & felt full all evening. Need to remember this. Net cals green 9 :mrgreen: , sodium -570, sugar green 7 :smiley: , fiber good, protein excellent, 14c water
    4) Evening: pick up prescription cat food at vet's :smile: / mail license renewal :smile: / call mom & dad <3 nice hour long chat / water house plants no time / collect from rain barrels :smile: / compost bucket to bin :smile: plus dead bouquets / wash dishes :smile: / declutter 5 min. :smile: / other? folded clean clothes & took upstairs, boiled eggs :smile:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: all except text from hubby at work <3 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 >:) an hour later

JFT R 9/12
    1) Walked dog before work 3.66 mi 1:04:10 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Complete testing at least 2 GA-C/V regs
    5) Evening: choir rehearsal starts new season 6:30 / declutter 5 min. / charge LED vest / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:00
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited September 2019
    Name: Nikki formerly nlmackey98 (didn't want my email out there)
    SW: 147.2
    9/6: 144.2 -3#
    9/7: 144.6 - oops blaming mother nature on this one. Tomorrow I'll blame the doughnut
    910: 144.4 - Holding steady is better than gaining!
    9/11: 143.8 -3.4
    9/12: 144.0 - 3.2 Up a tick not too concerned.
    GW: 142
    JFT
    - Remember the lunch I packed :( Forgot
    - Protein Bar for breakfast :( Forgot
    - Lunch with Hubby :smile:
    - Fruit for afternoon snack :)
    - Leave work by 4:30 :smile:
    - Christian Book Store :smile:
    - Pick up V School :/ Hubby did it
    - Drop off V at another church :/ Hubby did it
    - Go to our church to teach teens :smile:
    - 1 bowl of chili for dinner :( Actually I had Cheetos for dinner
    - Bible Reading :smile: Starting in Deuteronomy
    - Lay out workout clothes :smile:
    - Bed by 11:00 up at 4:30 :(:(

Yesterday was kind of a bust food wise. I didn't really eat that much, but I did eat very, very poorly. Lunch was ok, but I followed it with a candy bar. Then I had a bag of Cheetos on the way to church which became my dinner. Oh well, today is another day.

Do any of you who go to church go to a dying church? My church is a conservative baptist church. My husband grew up in this church and when we moved back, his family still went there. There were many children and young families. As time has passed most of those families have moved on and no new families have come to take their place. Like the families that left, any new family that comes is looking for more than just a good sermon. They want fellowship and activities. Our new pastor is trying to do some of these things, but the older generation does care for it and nobody is reaching the younger families. Actually, my family is the youngest family in the church and we are mid 40's married for 21 years. The only "young-ish" families in the church are those who grew up in the church and still has family there. When I began teaching the youth, there were regularly 15 teens and 40 or so younger children on Wednesday night. Last night there were 3 teens. One was mine and the other 2 had actually already graduated and had aged out of the program. Of course, we have no young adult class for them to go to and fellowship, so we are happy to have them stay with us. Oh the other 2 are the deacons daughter and her boy friend.

We could have 4 teens, but I convinced my husband to let our younger daughter go to another youth program on Wednesday evenings. She is a social person and a class with her parents and her older sister is not exactly appealing to her. I want her to want to go to church and hear God's word, not dread it. I told her I was going to sit through her new program one night to see what it's about and if it aligns with our beliefs. She was not thrilled about this, but I explained it was my job as her mother to make sure those I'm entrusting her to are worthy. Strange word, but it is what it is.

Like V I desire a more active church with people my age, but my older daughter is quiet and quite content at the church we attend now. Pulling her away jut as she is opening up there seems wrong, but what do we do? Wait until she goes to college. Go to a different church?

The other stumbling block is that we carry a fair amount of responsibility at our church. We co-run the Wednesday Night Youth program, and teach Sunday School and Sunday Night Teen Group. We run Bible School. Tim runs the sound booth and he is a trustee. They count on us to do many things, including the special events. We are good coordinators and do what needs done to get the job done right. I feel like I'm betraying the people of the church, some of which I dearly love and respect. I feel like church is a job and a burden, rather than a sanctuary. I've stepped back from things before only to get sucked back in when I realized things were going to fail if I didn't step in, because no one else would step up. Many are too old and the few under 50 are crazy busy. It wears on a person.

I'm really not trying to complain, I'm just looking for answers. Is this just a problem in my church or is it all over? How do we revive a dying church?

Sorry...

JFT Goals
    - Log all food
    - Stay under 1650
    - Anniversary dinner with hubby
    - Bible Reading
    - No alcohol
    - Lay out gym clothes
    - Bed by 10:30 up at 4:30

Positive thought: My husband is my very best friend.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member
    awhit4842 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Workout at home 👍
    3. Eat lectin free 👎 ate some crackers. This is so hard!
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Drink 150oz water👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Stay lectin free
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Go to grocery store after work
    5. Gym

What is lectin and why is it bad?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @toliasia @PackerFan001 emailed me about your bible study. How can I join? I may not be able to post everyday but it looks great

Try this: https://bible.com/p/18022476/a454607174c1caae3fc6ed9e15a66352

That's great! This one is only for 6 days and it's on anxiety if anyone else is interested :)
  • toaljasa
    m9mcjf7qezfe.png

I am printing this and mailing it to my son when he goes to BMT (basic military training). Thanks for sharing.
  • toaljasa
    Interview was not good. :/

It was going well but all of a sudden they said it was really important for me to have experience/understanding/knowledge? Of policy. (Policy is the area I'm trying to move into). They then asked me about 'what policies I'd worked on that had had unexpected consequences when implemented'.

Consider writing them a "thank you for the opportunity.." note. Acknowledge your weak answer and explain why. You weren't expecting the question because you had made it clear that you do not have examples because you have not worked in this area. And then tell them why you applied (based on what they mentioned in the description) and that while you don't have the experience you have the....and then sell yourself one more time! If you don't think you have a chance based on the interview then you have nothing to lose!

Stay strong...think about Snowflake and how many interviews and closed doors she dealt with until she found the job that was a perfect fit for her!!!

• toaljasa
    Name: Nikki formerly nlmackey98 (didn't want my email out there)
    SW: 147.2
    9/6: 144.2 -3#
    9/7: 144.6 - oops blaming mother nature on this one. Tomorrow I'll blame the doughnut
    910: 144.4 - Holding steady is better than gaining!
    9/11: 143.8 -3.4
    9/12: 144.0 - 3.2 Up a tick not too concerned.
    GW: 142
    JFT
    - Remember the lunch I packed :( Forgot
    - Protein Bar for breakfast :( Forgot
    - Lunch with Hubby :smile:
    - Fruit for afternoon snack :)
    - Leave work by 4:30 :smile:
    - Christian Book Store :smile:
    - Pick up V School :/ Hubby did it
    - Drop off V at another church :/ Hubby did it
    - Go to our church to teach teens :smile:
    - 1 bowl of chili for dinner :( Actually I had Cheetos for dinner
    - Bible Reading :smile: Starting in Deuteronomy
    - Lay out workout clothes :smile:
    - Bed by 11:00 up at 4:30 :(:(

Yesterday was kind of a bust food wise. I didn't really eat that much, but I did eat very, very poorly. Lunch was ok, but I followed it with a candy bar. Then I had a bag of Cheetos on the way to church which became my dinner. Oh well, today is another day.

Do any of you who go to church go to a dying church? .

Here's my two cents gleaned from my experience of getting burned out at church.

1) Always seek the approval of God not man. What is God wanting you to do in this church?
    2) If you are taking on things because "no one else is, and it needs to keep going" then consider this: God may have that job in mind for someone else who is slow to act on it and will be relieved to hear that you have swooped in to do it. You are taking someone's job. Let's say it's nursery care. Pastor gets up and says that no one has offered to work the third Sunday so that means the babies will be in the sanctuary. Now the person being nudged by God is getting it loud and clear! And if it doesn't happen, is it a horrible thing? Or maybe there is another outside the box solution.

And 2 everything is for a season. Perhaps that job's lifespan has come to an end or that it was never meant to be in your church. We used to attend a small family church. The children stayed with the parents instead of having Sunday School. We'd have a time during singing where we sang children's songs...everyone participated. During the sermon the pastor would spend a few minutes at some point in the sermon specifically address the children and put the lesson on their level. Then once a month we'd have a family activity and rent out a gym and play games, eat, etc. Later, the older kids would break off with an adult and we'd do more age-appropriate things with them. We didn't want the added burden of Sunday School for such a small church and this was a good alternative.

So, seek God's direction for what you should personally be doing and if you need to bow out of some of your responsibilities don't wait for someone to take it over...it never or rarely happens. Make a clean break.

Your responsibilities at church should be a joy---You might find it to be challenging work---but at the end of the day you should have peace and joy about it.

Okay, well you're probably sorry you asked, lol!

Peace and joy.