JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Wowsers what a morning! Got up at 3:15, made a massive Greek salad as teaching two year 1 classes all about Greece this afternoon. Then had to finish typing up the stories they wrote last week into mini books before packing and heading out to my gym class at 6:30am. On my way home for lunch to pick it all up now and feel like it’s nearly bedtime!!

Will catch up with everyone later but a quick and very late goals...

Good Golly! I woke up at 3:00 a.m. because my dog had to go potty but rather than making a Greek salad and typing up stories, I went back to bed thinking "if I fall back asleep right now, I'll get 3 more hours in...." :smile:

And THAT is why you look as toned as you do, and why I look the way I do! bwahahahaha!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 16 May

I was distracted by sheep in our garden and forgot to post this morning. Sheep have now been moved and we don't have plants that they could damage!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) 2 mile walk
    April challenge :) Feeling happy and was excited to see the sheep in the garden then watch the local farmer drive them back up the road to where they belonged
    May challenge ;) not doing well with this one

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    HEYYYYY EVERYBODY 😁 🙌 ☺
    I'M FEELING BETTER! I'M AT 65% AND IT'S GLORIOUS!!
    I never wanna go back to where I've come from. The word "sick" is nothing
    in comparison to what I went through. None of my bodily functions were normal
    above or below the waist. Nevertheless, I'm not there now and I am thankful.

Today, I cleaned the kitchen, did all my laundry, changed my bed, exercised my knees and legs, showered,
    and went out of the house for a while. A big deal after being bed ridden for more than a week.
    Hopefully I'll feel like doing even more tomorrow.
    My apologies for being so self centered at the moment. Haven't read a single post. Too many to go back
    and catch up. So, instead... I'm sending you all, buckets of love from my heart 💕💕💕
    Good vibes, a hugs for anyone that wants them, and limitless positivity...
    HELLO! WELCOME! HIGH FIVES TO ALL THE NEWBIES THAT HAVE JOINED 🙋
    @Snowflake1968 Congratulations on every "try", application, appearing for the interviews,
    EVERY THING you're doing to better your life. I'm so darn proud of you Sis!!! You're going to
    get something great that suits you and your needs.

I will continue to get more well. In the meantime... Kick Butt Sisters!!! You're All doing great, whether
    it's a little or a lot, you're ROCKIN IT!! I Just Love ALL of you!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Feel like I’ve gone from hero to zero this morning. Totally understandable given my crazy day yesterday, but things derailed a bit last night. I so needed to have a good dinner and just go to bed, but then had some homework issues with my younger daughter that stressed me out, ended up snacking to keep going and just out of sheer frustration. Then got to bed really late by the time I’d sorted out the kids, washed their hair, tidied the house etc. And so this morning overslept when it should be a run day.

So, deep breaths here. What did I do on Tuesday when I also missed my morning exercise? Pre-logged my day, stuck to it, had no guilt and felt good. So time to do this same today. My ex has the kids this weekend so I can work our both days- plenty of time for a nice long run on Sunday. And I may - if I feel like it - try and do a home workout this evening (although I’m not really an evening exerciser).

Sorry for the stream of consciousness but it’s helping me just to write this all down and keep my focus. I need to be ok with rest days, my body is pretty much telling me I need to do less so time to listen to it!

Thursday goals:
    - up early to finish typing stories ✅
    - make Greek salad for topic lesson this afternoon ✅
    - pack clothes and snacks for work ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - home lunchtime for car, shake, Greek salad and English books ✅
    - print homework sheets ✅
    - print stories ✅
    - leave by 4:30❎ bit late (5pm)
    - take kids to meet N for coffee ❎ cancelled - and thank goodness given the homework debacle
    - bed by 9:30 ❎

Friday goals:
    - rest day (pre-log the day’s food and stick to it)
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags etc
    - Collect stories from printer (reduce size?)
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - confirm pick up arrangements for P
    - Do GaG certificate before leaving
    - Leave by 4:30.
    - Drop documents at solicitors
    - Health food store and tanning after work
    - Order pizza for L and play date friend
    - Pick up P from play date
    - Girls pack for weekend with their dad
    - Evening workout or yoga? Only if not too tired...
    - Bed by 9:30
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oops - posted too early! Hope you are all ok. Nice to see @maryrobinson40 back - hope you continue to feel better. Look after yourself!

And @MLHC1 - think you’ve also been poorly? Feel better soon! At least the exams are done now. Xx

Everyone else - thinking of you all. Happy Friday! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options

@Faebert I am not surprised your feeling tired, you have a gruelling schedule and you need to rest with a clear conscience.

@maryrobinson40 I am glad to hear that you are on the mend, get better soon!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 18 May

Awake earlier that I'd like as the cat kept disturbing me!

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Redo speeches & presentations. Return work. Check with EK about summer project, extra credit?
    4. Planning: A - Print essays. B - Grade late assessments. C - Input grades D - Contact parents. Call LW?
    5. Class 4: Finish act 3; writing prompts; Socratic seminar.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Run to 10k on TM. Pack lunch. Read 10 pages of Shortest.
    8. Check grocery list. Gratitude journal. Get D to checkmark work and tally presentations.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Wear black and white Friday.

JFT Friday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. B&W clothes.
    3. Class 1-2: Makeup work. ES needs to give speech. Print summer project for EK.
    4. Planning: A - Contact parents. B - Lunch duty. C - Contact DOE about certificate upgrade. D - Grade late work. Grade projects.
    5. Class 4: Makeup work.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. NAP when returning from school. Read 10 pages of Shortest, update Goodreads. Take book to theater - leave by 6:10!
    8. Choose recipes for next week. Check grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Alarm set for 7:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia??? House Mgr Friday.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: It's FRIDAY!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Healthy dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Today waking up felt like crawling out of my own grave lol ,😂😂 but it's almost the weekend!

@maryrobinson40 and @MLHC1 so glad you are feeling better!

Yesterday 5/16:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Workout after work😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Cook dinner😁

JFT 5/17:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Do whole weekly report
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself a short break from commitments for a few days since we're still at my parents where most of the plans we made together, ad hoc. Also, I want to use this time to relax and enjoy, since, we're leaving soon.

@mytime6630 @PackerFanInGB
    I never experienced real, medical depression, so maybe I am completely wrong, but I had a short period in my 20s when I was really down for 2,3 months. I guess my parents have felt the same watching me at the time, without any desire to participate in anything. But, still, being with them felt very comforting, even though they might not have that impression at all. I'm trying to say that even if your daughters don't express it, even if they fight against it, I believe that your closeness means a lot to them. Also, you are great, strong women, I really admire you!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday May 16- DETERMINED
    2L of water - 2.5 L - I am going to change my goal to 2.5 so that it is 1/2 my body weight. That is a little more than half, but less than that is not a full bottle.
    Calories in green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :/
    Plank Challenge - 40 Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - :/
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Friday May 17- DETERMINED
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had such a great swimming lesson last night. I swam laps into and out of the deep end, my feet only touched the bottom once on my first lap. My instructor left me to swim my laps in the deep end, while he helped the other student in the shallow end. I didn't panic and just swam. At the end of the night he told me that he can't believe the improvement in 3 weeks. He said, "the first night as a lifeguard, I would have been worried about you. After tonight, I wouldn't be worried. I would be thinking she's not a strong or fast swimmer, but she knows what to do to keep herself safe", I thought that was great! He started teaching me breast stroke last night too.

Today Lauryn, Raquel and possibly Jasmyne are coming to craft. We have a lot to finish still. I stopped at the dollar store on my way to swimming last night and bought some things that will keep Michaela occupied. She will have new art stuff to play with too.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @mlhc1 - Happy you are feeling better.

@PackerFanInGB - I think I'll be showing my gratitude towards the next job I have too. This unemployed stuff is for the birds. I agree, if I was up at 330 I would have been figuring out how much more sleep I could get before I had to get up.

@maryrobinson40 - I am so happy to see you back, you weren't selfish, you were getting better. You have had some trying times and deserve to take time for you. Thank you for the encouragement, I just love you.

@Faebert - I'm not surprised you were tired last night. You had put in a days work, before you even got to work. Then of course, you came home to work some more. No matter how much we love them kids are still work. I hope you get a nice relaxing, peaceful weekend.

@daneejela - Enjoy the time with your parents every minute you can.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. WATERS!!! :)
    3. Cook dinner at home - Grilled chicken and salad? bacon cheeseburgers but it was still at home! :)
    4. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    5. Load of laundry - pants! :)
    6. Make coffee :)
    7. Make weekend goals :)
    8. Mail DH's letter :)
    9. Bed by 9:30 :)
    10. Review this list tonight :)

Weekend Goals
    1. Remove tarp in driveway
    2. Clean out hyundai
    3. Clean up dropped magnolia leaves
    4. Laundry

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. WATERS!!!
    3. Eat packed luch
    4. Cook dinner at home - Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ potatoes? Wanting something warm and comfort foody.
    5. Empty/Fill dishwasher
    6. WASH HANDS RELIGIOUSLY :s boss had stomach bug but decided to come to work anyway!!!
    7. Bed by 10
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Met my goal yesterday of getting in 8 glasses of water and not eating between meals. Goal today is to go to the gym and no snacking between meals.

I have a very bad habit of "grazing" all day long and need to break that habit!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @daneejela Thank you for your insight. It's really good to hear from someone who has been on the other side of a situation. Maybe just knowing we are here is enough, even though it doesn't feel like it's enough at the time...I'm a "fixer" so I always feel like I'm missing something when I don't fix it. I hope you have a GREAT time at your parents!

@maryrobinson40 You are the least selfish person I have ever NOT met in person! LOL! You take all the time you need to get better and don't worry about not going back and reading all the posts. I don't think any of us expects anyone to always read every post and reply to everyone. :flowerforyou: You were missed!

@Snowflake1968 I get what you are saying...it's one thing for me to wish for retirement, but it's a totally different thing if I were to be out of work for any other reason. I need to pay more attention to blessings and less attention to "don't have's"... I love the pics you posted of the wedding items by the way!

@aubyshortcake "crawling out of my own grave". BWAHAHAHA! That's such an accurate description of me in the mornings! Made me chuckle out loud. :mrgreen:

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @MLHC1 I'm not surprised that you are feeling down. It does not sound as if your husband is playing fair. Sending you hugs and best wishes for your continued recovery.
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Warms my heart to see the support for others on this thread.

I am 9 days pre-op and so is my husband. He was very mopey today and when I commented on his subdued energy he said he didn't have an explanation. He went off to get a good workout at the gym and I pray that will lift his spirits. He is a worrier and I think the anticipation of my surgery and all his sweet attentiveness has worn him out.

JFT 5/17/19
    PreTrack to 1400 calories - this level will maintain my current weight
    Get my exercises in X3 and walk as much as possible
    Elevate, rest and ice