JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 18 May

Awake earlier that I'd like as the cat kept disturbing me!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) 3 mile walk today enjoying the views of the outer Hebrides
    April challenge :) stunning sunset tonight and I feel so lucky to have a house in a fantastic location
    May challenge >:) failed again

I retired 3 weeks ago and I am so happy and relaxed! I had a great job but it's nice not to be responsible any more!
  • aletaforeman
    aletaforeman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :/ Just found this thread. Haven't logged in or kept any track of what I have (have not) been doing pretty much for most of this year. Argh! Gained 10 pounds in a year. I was doing so well before I retired and hoped to have lost 60 lb since then. This is the first step (yet again) but a step just the same. One-day-at-a-time. ZizzyBumble I retired March 1st of last year. As you say, happy and relaxed (maybe too much so) and nice not to be responsible for anything anymore. I have DMII and so being on top of my nutrition and exercise is very important.
    Get moving this day o:)
    Don't beat myself up
    Stay in the moment and breathe in and out
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    :/ Just found this thread. Haven't logged in or kept any track of what I have (have not) been doing pretty much for most of this year. Argh! Gained 10 pounds in a year. I was doing so well before I retired and hoped to have lost 60 lb since then. This is the first step (yet again) but a step just the same. One-day-at-a-time. ZizzyBumble I retired March 1st of last year. As you say, happy and relaxed (maybe too much so) and nice not to be responsible for anything anymore. I have DMII and so being on top of my nutrition and exercise is very important.
    Get moving this day o:)
    Don't beat myself up
    Stay in the moment and breathe in and out

Welcome!! Happy Retirement!!!! This is a wonderful group for support, motivation and accountability. Happy to "see" you!!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    @MLHC1 I'm not surprised that you are feeling down. It does not sound as if your husband is playing fair. Sending you hugs and best wishes for your continued recovery.

Thank you! It's nice to have support 🤗
    He is not playing fair. He was so silly bc he even went as far as saying, "I don't know what you all had for dinner but I ate a banana." Well I made homemade turkey chili (which was in the refrigerator) and he didnt communicate how late he was going to be coming home. Since I didnt hear from him, the baby, kids and I went to sleep around 8:30 pm. But he expects me to leave him a plate of dinner in the microwave every night and I didn't. Why you may ask, bc he likes his chili to be made with Fritos and salad mix and it would've been soggy by the time he arrived home sometime after 10 pm. He is still being harsh and callous to me late this afternoon. Sometimes I feel like he just doesn't like me anymore. 😔
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hugs @MLHC1 - that sounds very unfair and unreasonable on your husband’s part. Is it possible he has some stress at work that he hasn’t shared? It’s so easy to take out your stress on your partner, especially for men who don’t find it easy to talk about their problems. I hope you guys can get back on track this weekend.
  • Faebert
    Options
    Well I’m on here tonight for accountability - an epic mess up this evening as I fell victim to the ‘eff-it friday’ mentality! I’ve eaten too much and I feel bad but I have done well recently at bouncing back from these episodes. So I’m posting here to draw a line. Tomorrow is another day.

Friday goals:
    - rest day (pre-log the day’s food and stick to it) ❎ I pre-logged but very definitely did not stick to it!!
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags etc ✅
    - Collect stories from printer (reduce size?) ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - confirm pick up arrangements for P ✅
    - Do GaG certificate before leaving ✅
    - Leave by 4:30. ❎
    - Drop documents at solicitors✅
    - Health food store and tanning after work❎
    - Order pizza for L and play date friend✅
    - Pick up P from play date✅
    - Girls pack for weekend with their dad✅
    - Evening workout or yoga? Only if not too tired...❎
    - Bed by 9:30😩

Saturday goals:
    - get kids up and ready for weekend at their dad’s
    - Warrior class 9:30am
    - House clean and laundry
    - Head to bf’s place
    - Water
    - Stay within maintenance calorie goal
    - Rest and relax

Happy weekend all x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Today waking up felt like crawling out of my own grave lol ,😂😂 but it's almost the weekend!

@maryrobinson40 and @MLHC1 so glad you are feeling better!

Yesterday 5/16:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Workout after work😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    7. Cook dinner😁

JFT 5/17:

2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Do whole weekly report
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    @aubyshortcake THANK I love you hugs🎈!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @daneejela Thank you for your insight. It's really good to hear from someone who has been on the other side of a situation. Maybe just knowing we are here is enough, even though it doesn't feel like it's enough at the time...I'm a "fixer" so I always feel like I'm missing something when I don't fix it. I hope you have a GREAT time at your parents!

@maryrobinson40 You are the least selfish person I have ever NOT met in person! LOL! You take all the time you need to get better and don't worry about not going back and reading all the posts. I don't think any of us expects anyone to always read every post and reply to everyone. :flowerforyou: You were missed!

@Snowflake1968 I get what you are saying...it's one thing for me to wish for retirement, but it's a totally different thing if I were to be out of work for any other reason. I need to pay more attention to blessings and less attention to "don't have's"... I love the pics you posted of the wedding items by the way!

@aubyshortcake "crawling out of my own grave". BWAHAHAHA! That's such an accurate description of me in the mornings! Made me chuckle out loud. :mrgreen:
    @PackerFanInGB Squeeze! Thank you☺
    I just love you🌹
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 4 kids (including a baby), finals and everything else, and you're sick on top of it? You could probably use your own wife/couple clones to help take care of things for you!! (would translate that dinner remark to mean he wants sympathy/"you hard worker, I appreciate you so much" etc/attention). Good luck on getting well.

@snowflake I am amazed by how many different things you are making for all of the events leading up to as well as the wedding itself. Please post more photos. (This is a learning experience.) Congratulations on the swimming lesson in the deep end! You're making progress!

@maryrobinson so glad you're getting better - rah, rah, boom, you can do it!

Exercised more this week(5x) & eating was better controlled. Lost some of the bloat, then it went right back up. :/
    15 more work days till summer break
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 18 May

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So glad it's the weekend 😎.

Going to make sure I'm good today, tomorrow we're going to my sister in law's new apartment for breakfast. I think her new boyfriend who we haven't met yet will be there, along with my brother-in-law and his wife who will be down visiting from Myrtle Beach. I'm excited and it should be a lot of fun, but family gatherings are my downfall when it comes to calories, so my goal is to stay within 2,000 tomorrow to still have a good weekly average.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 5/17:

2. Stay within calorie goal😑 I went over but only by a little bit
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😑
    5. Do whole weekly report😞
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁

JFT 5/18:

2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Do workout
    5. Do some laundry!!
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    7. Relax
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday May 17- DETERMINED
    2.5L of water - 😏I think I got 2 in.
    Calories in green - 😒 I’m going to guess jo, but truthfully didn’t have time to log.
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 I’m saying yes, from one side of my kitchen counter to the other doing crafts.
    Squats- 60
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Something on commercials - no tv
    Write in Journal - 😏 didn’t get to bed until 130
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Friday May 17- DETERMINED
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I am posting my goals as I normally do, but will give myself a pass today because I am travelling to Calgary for the shower. I am going to enjoy the day and imagine I will be having some wine or alcohol at some point.

I was crafting from 9 yesterday morning until 130 this morning. We have everything mostly prepped at least. It is going to be a wonderful weekend when it comes.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 - I don’t know why people insist on coming to work sick. I sort of understand the financial aspect of it, but I also think employers need to start encouraging people to stay home as to not infect all staff.

MLHC1 - Hugs, I hope your husband apologizes for this too. He should be more supportive of your education and illness, your improving your education will only help the family more in the future.

Lafayettenana- how sweet that your husband has been so attentive and worried. I think mine would still ask me to figure out supper. 😂 in fairness he would probably go get it though, he for sure wouldn’t make it.

Zizzybumble - I think if I had money to go with retirement I would be fine, I have a lot that I could do, but it all costs money.

Cory17- I am enjoying being asked to help these young ladies out. I will post some more pictures. It will be later in the week though.

Aubyshortcake - enjoy your visit!

It might be tomorrow afternoon when I get a chance to check in again. Have a great weekend.
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. Just getting that off my chest made me feel better. My husband is under a terrible amount of stress but he does that to himself by overloading himself with stuff to do. I usually do sympathize for him and always make him breakfast, lunch and dinner. The probably is, don't mistreat me just bc I need to take a few days to get better. Anyways, we talked about it and it isn't completely resolved but at least we are getting along better. My counselor says he does that bc he has unresolved pain and doesn't know how to deal with it. Luckily I have a great counselor who helps me through all this.
    Moving on......

I totally laughed out loud regarding the extra "wife/couples clone" comment!!! I've often said I'd love an assistant! 😂

Well I'm doing much better today!! I did not overeat yesterday but I did enjoy a few Michelob Ultras at the end of the day. That put me over my calorie count but not too much. We are getting prepared to move back home finally (after a 14 month remodel)! So I have some cleaning and packing to attend to this weekend.

Saturday JFT:
    ▪Mindful eating
    ▪Packing & cleaning
    ▪Drink 64 oz of water
  • MLHC1
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hey everyone. Friday will be the last day of the students' school year. Yesterday I had an upset parent talk to my principal about me. Last night I got an email telling me to go to an assistant principal's office on Monday to meet with the principal and the assistant principal. So, no JFT-ing today. Or, rather, I guess my JFT is to just make it through. I'm scared and discouraged.

You will be okay!! If the parent is just now taking interest in their kids academic success, then little to late and sorry for them! The school year is over. As a parent, I expect alot from my children's teachers. The difference with me though is I have homeschooled all my children before, for 3 years actually. Therefore I do not expected anything from their teacher that I, myself wouldn't be capable of. At the end of year, everything is done. If the kid isn't passing by now or having social issues then the parents should have been more involved throughout the year. I see this happen alot at our schools. Parents get anxious towards the end of year and start pointing fingers when they should step up and accept some responsibility for who their child is.

I'm extremely involved with my kid's academics and know every one of their teachers and principals well.

Well IDK if that helps, but that's my perspective. Good luck and I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!
  • Faebert
    Options
    Hey everyone. Friday will be the last day of the students' school year. Yesterday I had an upset parent talk to my principal about me. Last night I got an email telling me to go to an assistant principal's office on Monday to meet with the principal and the assistant principal. So, no JFT-ing today. Or, rather, I guess my JFT is to just make it through. I'm scared and discouraged.

Oh I’m sorry @clicketykeys - totally understand your worry. How stupid of the office to email you on a Friday night asking for a meeting Monday so you can stress about it all weekend! I know it probably won’t help but try to remind yourself that you genuinely care about your students, and therefore cannot be in any big trouble. If someone doesn’t like your style or agree with your approach, that’s tough. You don’t get to decide every aspect of your child’s education if you send them to school.

You work so hard and care so much, don’t forget that. Your students are lucky to have you x
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Today’s goal - no food until dinner. That’s about all I have the willpower to pull off today.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Weekend/ongoing Goals
    1. Remove tarp in driveway
    2. Clean out hyundai
    3. Clean up dropped magnolia leaves
    4. Laundry
    5. Declutter mudroom
    6. Declutter spare bedroom

JFT Friday
    3. Log all food ✔
    4. WATERS!!! ✔
    5. Eat packed luch ✔
    6. Cook dinner at home - Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ potatoes? Wanting something warm and comfort foody. 👎
    7. Empty/Fill dishwasher 👎
    8. WASH HANDS RELIGIOUSLY :s boss had stomach bug but decided to come to work anyway!!! ✔
    9. Bed by 10 ✔

JFT Sat
    1. Atleast two of weekend to dos
    2. Log all food
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Waters
    6. Be kind
    7. Empty fill dishwasher
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 18

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) just but I had to resist the temptation of the date and oat traybake I'd made for our vegan guests- it was very nice and I wanted more!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) walked along the beach despite the rain to meet my Fitbit goal.
    April challenge :) Feeling happy and contented
    May challenge >:) again!