JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: longer (3-4 miles). Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Set up practice on NRI.
    3. Workshop. Grade presentations. Input grades. Edit unit plan.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Writing group 7 PM.
    6. Read 10 pages of Signal. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    7. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 5:50.

Checking in from Monday
    1. NO AM RUN. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Call EH to set up conference. Set up practice on NRI.
    3. Class 1: Writing; grammar practice. Works Cited.
    4. Class 2-3: Works Cited. New poem (new book). Return student work. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: A - Grade presentations. B - Input grades. C - Call parents. D - Grade one-pagers.
    6. Lifting. Run to 10k. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: pizza. Grade presentations and one-pagers.
    8. Read 10 pages of Signal. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 4:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Writing group 9/24. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. LW Fri 10/4. RS meeting with EW parents; call Wednesday BEFORE school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Aaaand I didn't bring my protein bars. Darnit! It's almost lunchtime and I haven't posted this because I've barely had time to go to the bathroom. Jeez!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:โœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:โœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:โœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: ๐Ÿ˜ Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: ๐Ÿ˜ Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: ๐Ÿ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: ๐Ÿ˜œ Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 ๐Ÿ˜ Phew! Itโ€™s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says Iโ€™m โ€˜healthyโ€™ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb Itโ€™s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/09: 159.6
    04/09: 159.8: just a wee bounce ๐Ÿ˜‚
    05/09: 159.4
    06/09: 159.5
    09/09: 159.2
    10/09: 158.9
    12/09: 158.9
    13/09: 159.1
    14/09: 158.8
    15/09: 159.1
    16/09: 159.1
    17/09: 158.8
    18/09: 158.8
    19/09: 158.2
    20/09: 158.8
    21/09: 159.1
    22/09: 158.8
    23/09: 157.7
    24/09: 157.6
    25/09: 157.2
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ

JFT: Wed 25 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate๐ŸŒŸ
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Am: grocery shopping๐ŸŒŸ
    • 2 pm: Play-reading Group๐ŸŒŸ
    • Evening: Catch up on some TV๐ŸŒŸ
    • 6000+ steps ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Do monthly accounts๐ŸŒŸ

JFT: Thu 26 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • 2 pm: Monthly Meeting/pay rents
    • 4.45 pm Hospital Appointment
    • 6000+ steps
    • Do monthly accounts
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb Itโ€™s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‚

CW: 157.2 - 5.2

[

And you win again Terri!!! You must lose weight fast???? I am lucky if I can lose .6 a week! I lost 3 last week, but this week, I am up again ... my weight seems to go up and down a lot (since July!). I am just 10 pounds from being out of the overweight section... but I just cannot seem to get there! But ... congrats to you! Great job!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. NO AM RUN. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Call EH to set up conference. Set up practice on NRI.
    3. Class 1: Writing; grammar practice. Works Cited.
    4. Class 2-3: Works Cited. New poem (new book). Return student work. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: A - Grade presentations. B - Input grades. C - Call parents. D - Grade one-pagers.
    6. Lifting. Run to 10k. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: pizza. Grade presentations and one-pagers.
    8. Read 10 pages of Signal. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM run: longer (3-4 miles). Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea.
    3. Class 1: Grammar practice on NRI. Finish Works Cited. Hand out project directions.
    4. Class 2-3: Discuss "Sundays." Grammar practice on NRI. Finish Works Cited. Add sonnets. RETURN WORK.
    5. Planning: MEETING. Probably won't get any grading done. Ugh.
    6. Home! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: shrimp bowls. Prep fruit and cheese. Grade presentations and one-pagers. Put laundry away. Need to update unit plan.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Writing group 9/24. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. LW Fri 10/4. RS meeting with EW parents; call BEFORE school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Protein bars are packed for tomorrow. Celery is chopped. Bed.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @TerriRichardson112 - congratulations
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Congrats @TerriRichardson112!

Great job :smile:

So I guess we'll start the next one? I'll join that one, want to lose some of the excess I've put on with recent comfort eating!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I was convinced that the scale would pop back up again this morning but it didn't.
    2817891dpxfmr1sm5.gif

@mytime6630 It's this Challenge! It has really sharpened my act up. This is the best I've done since 2017.

My aim for this year was to reach 155. I've been trying to lose this weight for sooooo long. It was proving really difficult to lose the last few lbs. I would lose a few pounds and then a holiday, celebration, injury, or sickness would derail me. I even went back up to 170 after my summer vacation in July.

I only have another 5 lbs to go before I hit my UGW, so I'm game for a new one, but at this point, I'm happy to leave the field open for someone else, and will record my progress for accountability.

25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    25/09: CW: 157.2

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Yesterday was my husband's birthday so we had a bit of a blowout, but back to it today!

I would like to do the 5 lbs challenge again, I totally fell off last time. I will wait a couple days to weigh though because I know my weight is temporarily up after yesterday and that would be cheating! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

JFT 9/26:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Cook dinner
  • alicialuther
    alicialuther Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on the JFT community. JFT goal is to drink 60 oz of water and the exercise today.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    This is my first time on the JFT community. JFT goal is to drink 60 oz of water and the exercise today.

Welcome to the group.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Iโ€™m going to attempt this 5lb challenge again. I know that itโ€™s going to be a bad weekend next weekend as Iโ€™m going to my cousins where there is always too much junk and laziness but I need to try.

My weight this morning was 188.8!

I need to start getting my water in and start getting active. Hopefully I can start feeling better soon, I seem to be trying to heal myself with food.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Almost done with work assignment due today, so hoping I can catch up reading all the JFT posts I missed... all 5 pages. Hugs to you all!

Recap W 9/25 ~ Late to bed, dog terrified of approaching thunderstorm with wind, and I slept poorly = no dog walk before work. Sad dog & sad me.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,082 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 41 floors :smile:
    2) Log all food (G/B/U) / net cals < 100 red / 14c water = ACK!!! Snack attack of dry roasted peanuts after another evening of chores... logged my ugly guess. Net cals -579 :s , sodium -1,585 >:) , sugar -7, fiber & protein excellent & 14c water
    3) Complete testing of regs :smile: watching surveillance video took all afternoon, but last reg tested! / start office summarization :neutral:
    4) Evening: shop at Target? donations pile? :smile: update bank accts / update budget s/s no time / refill birdfeeders forgot / water houseplants nope / finish dusting in other rooms :smile: / clear newspaper pile :neutral: some / wash dishes :smile: / other? :smile: kitchen compost bucket out to bin, shred bag in recycle bin, organized kitchen for Th-F
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smile: / floss :smiley: / retainers :) not so bad this time / BED & TV OFF 10:20 :s late to bed again (walk dog before work R)

JFT R 9/26 ~ Finally got my *kitten* out of bed early even though another late bedtime, and walked dog ~ perfect weather for it, cool temps & low humidity, no wind. Have started wearing our reflective gear since sunrise is now 6:44 a.m.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.06 mi 56:59 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) All meals & snacks prelogged except supper (the big unknown) / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete write-up for surveillance review / complete office summarization / submit workpapers for review / update out of office message
    5) To-do's: at lunch ask hubby: what I should pick up for supper & about concert / drop mail at P.O. / pick up supper? / watch Packers game but multi-task / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / charge LED dog collar / wash towels / refill birdfeeders / water houseplants / prep veggies for pot roast / bake choc zucchini cake / set dining room table / catch up JFT posts / prep crockpot & turn on at midnight (or when hubby gets home from work, if I fall asleep) / clear newspaper pile / other?
    6) Floss / retainer / set alarm to walk dog before forecast rain & lunch prep

Typical of how things have been going, I got interrupted typing this post for an emergency drill of the building. At least the weather is beautiful to stand around outside, and I got my hourly stairs break in.

Tomorrow (F) I am off work and having people over for lunch: mom & dad, aunt & uncle (he's in US for several months from Australia), sister & BIL (just returned from consulting gig in Czech Republic), plus hubby of course. <3 They have to travel 1.5 to 3 hours (depending on their location) by car, so I have plenty of time to walk dog, shower & final prep. Maybe will catch up with JFT after they've gone.

Today: Smile / Laugh / Be Kind / <3 / Eat Well / Be Active
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Who is in for the 5 pound challenge again!!

Terri has been our winner for the first 2 challenges ... great job Terri!! We are so proud of you, and you are showing us all that it can be done, with commitment and determination!

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

My goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. sip water in the evening.
    5. Eat only 1 snack tonite ... a orange, then stop.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,386 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday

-Work by 8:00 :smile:
    - Protein bar & water for breakfast
    - Lunch under 300 cal
    - No candy
    - Be social even though I'd rather be alone
    - Encourage kids
    - clean bathrooms
    - brow appt for youngest
    - press Homecoming dress that my mom altered
    - Dinner under 700 cal
    - No alcohol
    - Read Bible
    - Find and us gratitude journal
    - bed by 10:30

Hope y'all are having a lovely day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Who is in for the 5 pound challenge again!!

Terri has been our winner for the first 2 challenges ... great job Terri!! We are so proud of you, and you are showing us all that it can be done, with commitment and determination!

Congratulations Terri! :flowerforyou:

I'm in for this one!

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    NAME: Tracie
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: Didn't weigh myself today
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve! Hope all is well!

Just for Tuesday
    Journal every bite
    Drink 68+ oz of water and log it
    Reach my step goal
    30 minutes activity -- keep the meeting with myself!
    15 minutes to quiet the mind

Week 1 Work Challenge: No eating at a restaurant or fast food. Eat only what is prepared at home. Successful so far M, T & W.

Eat only while sitting down
    Be mindful of choices
    Swallow before taking another bite! (I'm terrible about this.)
    Give myself credit for good choices

Journal worries, anxieties & negative thoughts. Write them down to get them out of my head. Address them as time allows but before bedtime.

Evening Routine: Prep lunchbag tonight, set out clothes for tomorrow, shower and moisturize, brush & floss, Gratitude Journal, read my inspirational books and/or scripture, bed early to read and then lights out by 10:30.

Word of the year: TENACITY! I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

• mytime6630
    Options
    [quote="PackerFanInGB;c-44230690"

Journal worries, anxieties & negative thoughts. Write them down to get them out of my head. Address them as time allows but before bedtime.

Evening Routine: Prep lunchbag tonight, set out clothes for tomorrow, shower and moisturize, brush & floss, Gratitude Journal, read my inspirational books and/or scripture, bed early to read and then lights out by 10:30.

Word of the year: TENACITY! I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

[/quote]

I have many nites where I can't sleep .. because I worry about so many things. I have even got up at 1 or 2am to write them down. I keep a small spiral notebook in the bathroom. It really does help me a lot to do this, and after I do that, I am "sometimes" able to let go of stuff and sleep.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @mytime6630 I have noticed that I don't obsess at night as much if I've been writing stuff down. I still have times where my head goes there, but somehow just getting it out on paper helps a bit. It's almost like if I write it down, I won't forget about something I need to do....even though most of the things I write down are things I cannot really do anything about. I guess maybe it's cathartic just to write it? Hugs to you, my friend. :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Well Done for sticking at it and committing to the next 5lbs Challenge.
    2817891dpxfmr1sm5.gif

The only failure is giving up!

I only have another 5 lbs to go before I hit my UGW, so I'm game for a new one, but at this point, I'm happy to leave the field open for someone else, and will record my progress for accountability.

25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    25/09: CW: 157.2

JFT: Thu 26 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate๐ŸŒŸ
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise ๐ŸŒŸ
    • 2 pm: Monthly Meeting/pay rents๐ŸŒŸ
    • 4.45 pm Hospital Appointment ๐ŸŒŸ
    • 6000+ steps ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Finish monthly accounts๐ŸŒŸ

JFT: Fri 27 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • 10 am: Latin Study Group
    • after lunch: outing with DYD
    • 6000+ steps
    • Do monthly accounts
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I am in for the 5LB challenge!

I started today (Sept 26) at 188.8

I am going to start with goals again tomorrow too.

JFT -Friday Sept 27
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 Minutes of movement
    5 something at bathroom breaks

I have spent money the last little while buying smaller clothes, I have now gained weight and they are all getting tight. I donated all of my bigger clothes so if I want anything to wear I have to get the weight off again. I even bought more tonight at the new size because I refuse to buy larger ones again.

Well this is the issue I have with my job, itโ€™s my only complaint. I absolutely love my job!
    We have too many food events though. Yesterday was a pizza lunch that didnโ€™t get delivered until 130. At 2 there was a retirement party with chips, seeets, dips. Today there was a coffee and cookie sale to raise money for the Alzheimerโ€™s society. I bought 4 cookies and brought 3 home for my husband. However, because I had to sit my turn at the sale table I was behind and didnโ€™t get lunch until 230, so I wasnโ€™t hungry at supper and now itโ€™s 830 at night and Iโ€™m hungry.

Every week there have been events with food sometimes two - three times a week. There is candy around everywhere and my boss is worried that we are too busy to eat so brings in granola bars, Rice Krispie squares, candies. We wonโ€™t starve we have a dining room that is always cooking too!

I need to come up with a polite way of refraining and I need my hip to finish healing so I can at least start working out again. It is better this week than it has been since I injured it. If it wasnโ€™t for my tooth ache. I would feel pretty good today.